When Can We See Prestieges Again.

I just want to see the Prestieges again.. It's quite annoying to NOT see it till the endgame is done..

Cause my God.. Hiding it in the First place is not it Chief.

Comments

  • I'm not a fan waiting for 10 minutes+ because a killer wants to lobby shop when they see us with p100s. Prestige doesn't mean anyhting, guess what - my p100 Lisa plays the same as my p5 Nancy.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566685#Comment_3566685

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566695#Comment_3566695

    Cause i like to see What they got said survivor Up to?

    Is it morally wrong wanting to know what they got their prestiege to on said Survivor now?

    Then wait until the endgame lobby. It makes no difference if you see it at the start or end of the ten-minute period you spend playing the match out if you just want to see what prestige they got that survivor to.

  • I still see them on PS5 I dont lobby dodge. Well I do if I see a squad of TTV or they hide the name other then that I will try any lvl.

    I seen lvl 4s do better then lvl100.

    I think they should keep it there and only hide it if you lobby dodge a number of times. Like the DC timer. They more you drop out the longer they will be hidden.

    I do kinda like seeing them really so I get an idea how Im going to play. all high lvl means its going to be hard and cant give brakes.

    now if I see all 10 or lower lvl I see how that match plays and if they are somewhat new I will give brakes. Wont hook every time if found healing I will move on and let them finish. Jump in a locker and I seen you I will just hit the locker to let you know and move on.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566685#Comment_3566685

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566695#Comment_3566695

    Cause i like to see What they got said survivor Up to?

    Is it morally wrong wanting to know what they got their prestiege to on said Survivor now?

    Then as people before us said, you should wait till the end of it means that much to you. The original post makes it seem that hiding prestige is some flaw that needs fixed for everyone.

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566701#Comment_3566701

    Then as people before us said, you should wait till the end of it means that much to you. The original post makes it seem that hiding prestige is some flaw that needs fixed for everyone.

    @kit_mason said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566701#Comment_3566701

    Then wait until the endgame lobby. It makes no difference if you see it at the start or end of the ten-minute period you spend playing the match out if you just want to see what prestige they got that survivor to.

    If people dodge lobbies due to p100. that means there'sa lack of Skill behind said Killer to begin with,

    if i see multiple P100s. i want that challenge.. not just "Oop. they all got it hidden. idk what ima be facing and Quite Possibly. i'ma face Baby Survivors IF that,"

    And even if. and i mean IF. they stopped this Testing, People will Dodge for Numerous Reasons, some lack Confidence in said Killer. Or stuff came up. Vise Versa.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567028#Comment_3567028

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566998#Comment_3566998

    If people dodge lobbies due to p100. that means there'sa lack of Skill behind said Killer to begin with,

    if i see multiple P100s. i want that challenge.. not just "Oop. they all got it hidden. idk what ima be facing and Quite Possibly. i'ma face Baby Survivors IF that,"

    And even if. and i mean IF. they stopped this Testing, People will Dodge for Numerous Reasons, some lack Confidence in said Killer. Or stuff came up. Vise Versa.

    You aren't everyone. Just because you or us or player 2094 doesn't dodge doesn't mean SOMEONE else won't dodge. Each person is different.

    As it currently stands keeping it hidden does more good than harm. At best it reduces lobby dodging a little and at worst makes curious players have to wait out the end of the match.

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    hiding it is the right call tired of people dodging me over and over because I have a high prestige. hopefully they hide it soon for everyone.

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566065#Comment_3566065

    No thanks. Give a different reward for P100, like a skin.

    I haven't played Survivor since Alien, but prior to that, I'd still get dodged several times prior to finding a Killer.

    It should be optional hide to prestige. Most want to see it and show off. I never had dodging issue when played my P100 feng maybe killers left me just more alone if they didn't catch me immediatelly. But I want to show it. I have meg P26, Nea P26 and Ace P21 I want to show them as well.

    I want to see my team prestige too sometimes I don't want to play with lower prestiges when they throw enough games. SoloQ is enough rough already. I don't even see my friend prestiges on lobby... P100 definetely should get skin it's much bigger grind than the old prestige system was and they got legacy skins.

  • @Ariel_Starshine said:

    I'm not a fan waiting for 10 minutes+ because a killer wants to lobby shop when they see us with p100s. Prestige doesn't mean anyhting, guess what - my p100 Lisa plays the same as my p5 Nancy.

    This needs to get into the thick heads of some people.

  • @Amshnock said:

    I still see them on PS5 I dont lobby dodge. Well I do if I see a squad of TTV or they hide the name other then that I will try any lvl.

    I seen lvl 4s do better then lvl100.

    I think they should keep it there and only hide it if you lobby dodge a number of times. Like the DC timer. They more you drop out the longer they will be hidden.

    I do kinda like seeing them really so I get an idea how Im going to play. all high lvl means its going to be hard and cant give brakes.

    now if I see all 10 or lower lvl I see how that match plays and if they are somewhat new I will give brakes. Wont hook every time if found healing I will move on and let them finish. Jump in a locker and I seen you I will just hit the locker to let you know and move on.

    Who knows? Maybe the lvl4 was a guy with 10k hrs in disguise? I have seen many of these.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566008#Comment_3566008

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566089#Comment_3566089

    It should be optional hide to prestige. Most want to see it and show off. I never had dodging issue when played my P100 feng maybe killers left me just more alone if they didn't catch me immediatelly. But I want to show it. I have meg P26, Nea P26 and Ace P21 I want to show them as well.

    I want to see my team prestige too sometimes I don't want to play with lower prestiges when they throw enough games. SoloQ is enough rough already. I don't even see my friend prestiges on lobby... P100 definetely should get skin it's much bigger grind than the old prestige system was and they got legacy skins.

    While we would like it to be an option as well, we're aware that having it as an option would be effectively be like not having it on as the ones who lobby shop will see a hidden prestige and more than likely nope out.

    ...the second paragraph kinda re-enforces the point of hiding it... though a skin would be nice it kinda ties with our first paragraph.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566008#Comment_3566008

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566089#Comment_3566089

    It should be optional hide to prestige. Most want to see it and show off. I never had dodging issue when played my P100 feng maybe killers left me just more alone if they didn't catch me immediatelly. But I want to show it. I have meg P26, Nea P26 and Ace P21 I want to show them as well.

    I want to see my team prestige too sometimes I don't want to play with lower prestiges when they throw enough games. SoloQ is enough rough already. I don't even see my friend prestiges on lobby... P100 definetely should get skin it's much bigger grind than the old prestige system was and they got legacy skins.

    Luck one. I got the whole P100 treatment: humping, tunneling, face camping, mori, slugging, hateful speech etc. I am not even a toxic player and my main (Jeff) is also not the typical toxic survivor.

    I don't mind prestige when I play killer. it doesn't tell you anything special anyways.

    I have one thing against an optional hidden prestige as people will then dodge lobbies with people who don't show Prestiges, just "because they have something to hide". It s similar with anon mode players but that is a different reason.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567180#Comment_3567180

    Luck one. I got the whole P100 treatment: humping, tunneling, face camping, mori, slugging, hateful speech etc. I am not even a toxic player and my main (Jeff) is also not the typical toxic survivor.

    I don't mind prestige when I play killer. it doesn't tell you anything special anyways.

    I have one thing against an optional hidden prestige as people will then dodge lobbies with people who don't show Prestiges, just "because they have something to hide". It s similar with anon mode players but that is a different reason.

    Overall it's better to just show them than hide. I should not be punished if I want to show it because one player might dodge lobby because some people hide it.

  • Making prestige optional is a bad idea, killers will know you're hiding it for a reason. Prestige should be hidden for everyone until the end of the match imo.

  • @Foempticol said:

    Making prestige optional is a bad idea, killers will know you're hiding it for a reason. Prestige should be hidden for everyone until the end of the match imo.

    Exactly this.

    If you want to show it off, it's already on the end match screen by default and there's no reason to change that.

    Get rid of it universally in the lobby pre match for everyone is the only way this actually does anything. Otherwise it's just another new reason to lobby shop.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567220#Comment_3567220

    Exactly this.

    If you want to show it off, it's already on the end match screen by default and there's no reason to change that.

    Get rid of it universally in the lobby pre match for everyone is the only way this actually does anything. Otherwise it's just another new reason to lobby shop.

    But this would be bad for SoloQ reasons then...

    People are gunna dodge reguardless if you're p100 or not. i was not unlucky with people dodging me.. (Maybe cause of the .ttv in the name... but still)

    If at all. i want them to Atleast let us see other survivors prestieges in the lobby. or even if you're in a swf to LET you see them instead of hiding them for Everyone completely,

    It's a Dumb reason though to hide it... Dbd is the only game to hide (that i know of) Prestieges cause it "apparently" Means something to them..

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567259#Comment_3567259

    But this would be bad for SoloQ reasons then...

    People are gunna dodge reguardless if you're p100 or not. i was not unlucky with people dodging me.. (Maybe cause of the .ttv in the name... but still)

    If at all. i want them to Atleast let us see other survivors prestieges in the lobby. or even if you're in a swf to LET you see them instead of hiding them for Everyone completely,

    It's a Dumb reason though to hide it... Dbd is the only game to hide (that i know of) Prestieges cause it "apparently" Means something to them..

    I'll say it again, this is the bare minimum effort to combat lobby dodging.

    With players having the option to literally turn matchmaking off in search of easier games, the system can't even function in its current form.

    Lobby dodging is worse than purposely dying on first hook or disconnecting in the match. Those do ruin part of the match for the other 4 players.

    Lobby dodging ruins an entire match for 5 other players, and it needs to go. I'm in favor of anything that reduces that, including locking players to a matchmade lobby so they can only rejoin that lobby, if necessary.

  • @Wowie said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567296#Comment_3567296

    i'd rather someone lobby dodge me than have them disconnect or first hook die

    it's objectively worse for that to happen

    I think you missed my point, but fortunately you can combat both separately.

    Lobby dodging goes down just by hiding prestige in the lobby. There's no 'quick, cosmetic fix' for the other issue.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567293#Comment_3567293

    I'll say it again, this is the bare minimum effort to combat lobby dodging.

    With players having the option to literally turn matchmaking off in search of easier games, the system can't even function in its current form.

    Lobby dodging is worse than purposely dying on first hook or disconnecting in the match. Those do ruin part of the match for the other 4 players.

    Lobby dodging ruins an entire match for 5 other players, and it needs to go. I'm in favor of anything that reduces that, including locking players to a matchmade lobby so they can only rejoin that lobby, if necessary.

    That wouldn't work tbh,

    The Issue also stems from Players themselves, The amount of Entitlement in Dbd is Absurd to say the least. and if something doesn't go their way they'll complain about it,

    Hiding Prestieges would also make it worse on Everyone else. cause then drama will start with "Oh they're Hiding their Prestiege, Must be a Swf" or Vice Versa..

    i haven't really heard the Stories mainly of people dodging cause "Oh He'S p100! He'S gUnNa LoOp mE fOr FiVe GeNs!1!1", although i don't believe the 10-20 minute wait times even for that sorta thing..

  • It's good that it's hidden, in a way. As a console survivor with a high prestige Nea, who often gets absolutely deuced on in matches, I don't want killers to lobby dodge me.

    For killers, I get it. Seeing a P100 Feng with a flashlight waiting in the lobby would make me turn off the console and cremate it out of fear.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567296#Comment_3567296

    That wouldn't work tbh,

    The Issue also stems from Players themselves, The amount of Entitlement in Dbd is Absurd to say the least. and if something doesn't go their way they'll complain about it,

    Hiding Prestieges would also make it worse on Everyone else. cause then drama will start with "Oh they're Hiding their Prestiege, Must be a Swf" or Vice Versa..

    i haven't really heard the Stories mainly of people dodging cause "Oh He'S p100! He'S gUnNa LoOp mE fOr FiVe GeNs!1!1", although i don't believe the 10-20 minute wait times even for that sorta thing..

    @Wowie said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567197#Comment_3567197

    the people who'd dodge for not showing prestige are the same people who'd find any reason to dodge

    too many cosmetics? dodge, they've played a long time

    old charms? dodge, they're probably skilled

    two fengs? dodge, it's gonna be toxic

    so on so forth.

    IF bhvr implemented an actual, tangible reward for reaching p100 i'd be ever so slightly more open to the idea, but they won't so why take the one thing you actually get from it?

    unrelated but they also really need to put devotion rewards into the game now, it's very sad that there aren't any 😔

    @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567197#Comment_3567197

    Overall it's better to just show them than hide. I should not be punished if I want to show it because one player might dodge lobby because some people hide it.

    Think of it this way:

    They know lobby dodging/shopping is wreaking their matchmaking, not allowing it's one shot at a fair-ish match. So they make a list of the various reasons why players of both roles leave lobbies.

    They proceed to go through said list trying to minimize or eliminate those reasons. But they realize big wholesale changes like removing everyone's visible prestige in the lobby would have instant and harsh backlash.

    So they test on a smaller scale and see what happens, potentially softening folks up to the idea at the same time. And also they keep in mind the experiences of the entire playerbase when considering changes, not just the veterans, and definitely not only the sweats.

    I myself favor ditching the lobby entirely, load directly into the trial. Aside from helping with the dodging, this squashes so much potential targeting, and neatly kills off the last second swapping bs survs can do. This approach favors the rng-ness the devs love so much while letting the matchmaking do it's thing. But this idea would understandably draw much ire from all sides, perhaps veteran killers the most. The debate becomes is it overall worth it, for everyone?

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    It's good that it's hidden, in a way. As a console survivor with a high prestige Nea, who often gets absolutely deuced on in matches, I don't want killers to lobby dodge me.

    For killers, I get it. Seeing a P100 Feng with a flashlight waiting in the lobby would make me turn off the console and cremate it out of fear.

    P100 Feng? That's Cute... but i wouldn't dodge that prestiege cause i want that challenge, no matter the Killer..

    @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567309#Comment_3567309

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567216#Comment_3567216

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567214#Comment_3567214

    Think of it this way:

    They know lobby dodging/shopping is wreaking their matchmaking, not allowing it's one shot at a fair-ish match. So they make a list of the various reasons why players of both roles leave lobbies.

    They proceed to go through said list trying to minimize or eliminate those reasons. But they realize big wholesale changes like removing everyone's visible prestige in the lobby would have instant and harsh backlash.

    So they test on a smaller scale and see what happens, potentially softening folks up to the idea at the same time. And also they keep in mind the experiences of the entire playerbase when considering changes, not just the veterans, and definitely not only the sweats.

    I myself favor ditching the lobby entirely, load directly into the trial. Aside from helping with the dodging, this squashes so much potential targeting, and neatly kills off the last second swapping bs survs can do. This approach favors the rng-ness the devs love so much while letting the matchmaking do it's thing. But this idea would understandably draw much ire from all sides, perhaps veteran killers the most. The debate becomes is it overall worth it, for everyone?

    Lobby Dodging has been a thing Since back then.. Even in CoD. League. WoW. Tcm. Etc,

    Like it isn't Just Dbd that does this. (But the Entitlement on this game shows it more than others...) Prestiege is meant to Show it off to everyone that You. As a person. Grinded out a Singular Character to p100 and Now you want to show it off, Albeit you might now have a target on your back from that Killer for Reasons Alone,

    For me Personally. i hate it when it's Hidden, ONLY due to the fact i use it to prepare myself and to bring in what i Need. Now that it's Hidden (Atleast for me) The chances to face a p100 Squad is Low but Never Zero, But i myself can't know that till the Tally Screen. which sucks cause now i have to Assume they're basically p100 or not,

    Sure Lobby Dodging is an Issue but that will Never be Fixed. it will happen even If we hid it from Everyone Else in-game. it will always Boil down to three Factors, which is:

    High Prestiege? = Dodge

    Multiple Items of the same Kind? = Dodge

    Quite Possibly a Swf? = Dodge

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567459#Comment_3567459

    P100 Feng? That's Cute... but i wouldn't dodge that prestiege cause i want that challenge, no matter the Killer..

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567473#Comment_3567473

    Lobby Dodging has been a thing Since back then.. Even in CoD. League. WoW. Tcm. Etc,

    Like it isn't Just Dbd that does this. (But the Entitlement on this game shows it more than others...) Prestiege is meant to Show it off to everyone that You. As a person. Grinded out a Singular Character to p100 and Now you want to show it off, Albeit you might now have a target on your back from that Killer for Reasons Alone,

    For me Personally. i hate it when it's Hidden, ONLY due to the fact i use it to prepare myself and to bring in what i Need. Now that it's Hidden (Atleast for me) The chances to face a p100 Squad is Low but Never Zero, But i myself can't know that till the Tally Screen. which sucks cause now i have to Assume they're basically p100 or not,

    Sure Lobby Dodging is an Issue but that will Never be Fixed. it will happen even If we hid it from Everyone Else in-game. it will always Boil down to three Factors, which is:

    High Prestiege? = Dodge

    Multiple Items of the same Kind? = Dodge

    Quite Possibly a Swf? = Dodge

    Couldn't it be argued not wishing to face certain prestiges also is entitlement? Just like dodging for whatever reason knowing it harms many many other player's matchmaking might be as well?

    I view these tests as them asking "Would doing this improve the matchmaking overall?"

    What I'm hoping for in general is others not to view them as "Welp I now have less info to use in shopping around for only the trials I want to play, for my benefit alone and poop on everyone else.". I'm not accusing you of having this view, you may or may not have it. Just the overall health of the game seems more important.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566038#Comment_3566038

    Or…. How about we make it an option?

    A lot of people don’t want prestiges hidden. It’s not even a dodge thing. I grinded to p100. Why would I want it hidden?

    I think the amount some of y’all on here complain about “being dodged” is dramatic. Being p100 isn’t super uncommon or scary anymore. Everybody has got high prestige characters now. I’ve got p100’s in nearly every single killer match, if not more than 1.

    Kinda seems unfair when only the Killer sees an opponent's prestige in the pre-game lobby. Maybe they could also let Survivors see the Killers Prestige level (but not the Killer) while in the lobby too?

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566065#Comment_3566065

    Kinda seems unfair when only the Killer sees an opponent's prestige in the pre-game lobby. Maybe they could also let Survivors see the Killers Prestige level (but not the Killer) while in the lobby too?

    The solution BHVR are looking for is likely not "everyone can lobby shop".

    Hiding prestiges in pre-game lobby for everyone is fine. Post-lobby prestiges still show.

  • @kit_mason said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567622#Comment_3567622

    The solution BHVR are looking for is likely not "everyone can lobby shop".

    Hiding prestiges in pre-game lobby for everyone is fine. Post-lobby prestiges still show.

    I know, but I do want to point out that the only role that can lobby-shop at the moment is the Killer role. And the person that I replied to probably would be hurt if they couldn't showcase their Killer prestige to Survivors in the pre-game lobby.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567594#Comment_3567594

    Couldn't it be argued not wishing to face certain prestiges also is entitlement? Just like dodging for whatever reason knowing it harms many many other player's matchmaking might be as well?

    I view these tests as them asking "Would doing this improve the matchmaking overall?"

    What I'm hoping for in general is others not to view them as "Welp I now have less info to use in shopping around for only the trials I want to play, for my benefit alone and poop on everyone else.". I'm not accusing you of having this view, you may or may not have it. Just the overall health of the game seems more important.

    I Respect your Opinion on the Matter. but as the same time we both gotta come to the conclussion that No matter what happens. Hiding Prestieges or not, People will Dodge and that ain't something we can Really do.

    Not counting the Random Dc or the Lobby Errors if we Had to take that into account since... Dbd Servers goes Brrrr

    @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566065#Comment_3566065

    Kinda seems unfair when only the Killer sees an opponent's prestige in the pre-game lobby. Maybe they could also let Survivors see the Killers Prestige level (but not the Killer) while in the lobby too?

    If Survivors would see my Prestiege level as Killer... they'd Dodge cause P100 Clown Goes Brrr,

    That and if it Does show what Killer you are... Most chances that if they see a SM or something, they'll Hardcore Dodge that Lobby.

    @BubbaDredge said:

    Just gonna leave this here...

    https://youtu.be/2uwBMMqIw2Y

    Ew. Sm...

    Jokes aside... those survs were probably soloq and wanted some Decent Teammates to say the least..

    Can't always assume a Swf / Soloq till Otherwise,

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567619#Comment_3567619

    I Respect your Opinion on the Matter. but as the same time we both gotta come to the conclussion that No matter what happens. Hiding Prestieges or not, People will Dodge and that ain't something we can Really do.

    Not counting the Random Dc or the Lobby Errors if we Had to take that into account since... Dbd Servers goes Brrrr

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567622#Comment_3567622

    If Survivors would see my Prestiege level as Killer... they'd Dodge cause P100 Clown Goes Brrr,

    That and if it Does show what Killer you are... Most chances that if they see a SM or something, they'll Hardcore Dodge that Lobby.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567709#Comment_3567709

    Ew. Sm...

    Jokes aside... those survs were probably soloq and wanted some Decent Teammates to say the least..

    Can't always assume a Swf / Soloq till Otherwise,

    The servers they use definitely go brrrr look at all the complaints here and elsewhere recently. 😕

    So how do you feel about no lobbies at all, just right into the trial?

    Most times I ask the response is "I'd quit the game" which I feel is largely overdramatic. No doubt many would stop, but several come back. There's something oddly addictive about DBD, scratches a particular itch like no other.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566076#Comment_3566076

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566089#Comment_3566089

    Like I said, make it an option. 🤷🏻‍♂️ You want to hide it? Go ahead. Others don’t care to, and that should be their choice.

    The result of that will be that survivors and killers will simply assume anyone hiding their prestige is P100. Lobby dodging will still occur at the same rate as before, as killers and survivors who dodge P100's will also dodge anyone hiding their prestige. The only way to stop players dodging P100's is to remove prestige visibility for everyone. It's either that or nothing. Your middle ground solution wouldn't change anything. It might actually result in more lobby dodging.

  • @AssortedSorting said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567651#Comment_3567651

    I know, but I do want to point out that the only role that can lobby-shop at the moment is the Killer role. And the person that I replied to probably would be hurt if they couldn't showcase their Killer prestige to Survivors in the pre-game lobby.

    Not true. Survivors can lobby dodge survivors with either low prestige, who could be newbies, or high prestige, who in my experience are usually either trolls or UEing non-participating hatch players. My teammates affect my experience way more than the killer ever does.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567619#Comment_3567619

    I Respect your Opinion on the Matter. but as the same time we both gotta come to the conclussion that No matter what happens. Hiding Prestieges or not, People will Dodge and that ain't something we can Really do.

    Not counting the Random Dc or the Lobby Errors if we Had to take that into account since... Dbd Servers goes Brrrr

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567622#Comment_3567622

    If Survivors would see my Prestiege level as Killer... they'd Dodge cause P100 Clown Goes Brrr,

    That and if it Does show what Killer you are... Most chances that if they see a SM or something, they'll Hardcore Dodge that Lobby.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567709#Comment_3567709

    Ew. Sm...

    Jokes aside... those survs were probably soloq and wanted some Decent Teammates to say the least..

    Can't always assume a Swf / Soloq till Otherwise,

    I didn't assume, I saw how they popped in the lobby. I don't have any bias towards SWFs, but unless I'm last in the lobby, I try to know who's a solo.

    I don't want to pressure a hook if it's a solo, the game's hard enough for them. A bluff might get them killed, not what I want or what I get the most points for.

    But I also have/had no negativity toward the SWF, there's a good chance keeping them in the Darkness threw them off. I only set it up with the angry music because she got salty. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, though. I'm a fast Dredge in general.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567721#Comment_3567721

    The servers they use definitely go brrrr look at all the complaints here and elsewhere recently. 😕

    So how do you feel about no lobbies at all, just right into the trial?

    Most times I ask the response is "I'd quit the game" which I feel is largely overdramatic. No doubt many would stop, but several come back. There's something oddly addictive about DBD, scratches a particular itch like no other.

    Ngl to ya Chief...

    I'd give you the Genaric response of that too, But that's too good to be True..

    Cause all i gotta say is... Won't happen anytime soon with Dbd servers!

    and Dbd Is Addictive... i should know. i quit the game 2 years ago and i've been back fora while now.. then i remembered i hate it here =D

    @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3567721#Comment_3567721

    I didn't assume, I saw how they popped in the lobby. I don't have any bias towards SWFs, but unless I'm last in the lobby, I try to know who's a solo.

    I don't want to pressure a hook if it's a solo, the game's hard enough for them. A bluff might get them killed, not what I want or what I get the most points for.

    But I also have/had no negativity toward the SWF, there's a good chance keeping them in the Darkness threw them off. I only set it up with the angry music because she got salty. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, though. I'm a fast Dredge in general.

    ...Hm,

  • i just wish we were able to see it in pregame lobby, survivors were able to see it amongst themselves, or we had an option to turn off our prestige (like valorant does)

    i hit p100 feng min and like the next day they introduced the feature so i don't even get to see the badge in the lobby. i think they should've just made it so killer can't see survivor prestiges, to me that seems like the more reasonable answer. in my short period of having p100, i've had 1 survivor dodge me, they said 'yuck p100 stooge' and left, then were very quickly replaced, so there rly is no harm in letting us see it amongst ourselves.

    i think the fact they completely removed it for everyone in the lobby is a bit dumb, if they don't wanna give me a p100 reward, at least let me see the badge!!!! i feel like they went all or nothing and it just sucks.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566779#Comment_3566779

    That's the dbd killer in a Nutshell..

    i've said multiple times that Prestiege don't mean skill but Dedicated... And i don't know if i would say Abuse by Tunneling that Specific Survivor out of the game.. Maybe they're actually decent at looping and the Killer wants to Practice Chase or something... (Or it's the Ladder and they just wanna tunnel for the Hell of it)

    Let's be Real here for a Second. It don't matter if you're p100 or not that gets targeted by the Killer. it's just down to Fate and Chance that He found you and then wants to tunnel..

    Of course prestige doesn't mean skill, but tell that to crappy, trash, no-skill, toxic killers. The amount of times I play with a P100 and they get tunneled is all the evidence I need. It's no coincidence. Take away the visivility of the prestige and I guarantee you that will change. Will players still get tunneled? Yes of course. But you wouldn't have to get the insult of never being able to use your P100 character after all the time you put into them just because a bunch of scumbags who have no skill automatically deem them a threat and target them for tunneling as is the case now.

1 2 ›