Gen Speed

Has anyone else notice how fast the gens seem to be at the min ? I'm struggling to win with meme builds which was never the issue before, I even tried gen defence perks and the gens seem to quick even with those builds on. I know its irrelevant but I've been playing for 5 years and its never felt this bad before. Love to know your thoughts?

Comments

  • Most games are ok but corrupt-deadlock never leave my build, sometimes with more slowdown stacked on top like pain res-jolt... it's a bit boring but I have enough time to play at least

  • @HexHerbz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550878#Comment_3550878

    I hope I'm wrong, but their will be no stats to show. I only comment on what I see and my queue times are getting longer. People are ditching killer. The new update will push more and more away imo. Like I said I hope I'm wrong.

    Oh their stats show everything. Even longer queues for one side. That was the whole point behind 6.1.0.

  • Not really, to be honest. In SoloQ it is a struggle as BNP is not as efficient and some coop perks that were meta with gen speed enhancement are not that good right now.

    The matches I play as a killer have a lot of survivors with MFT. The associated perks are all towards increasing the duration of chases. Nothing really to affect gen speed. If they manage to reach endgame that's definitely a team win due to Adrenaline and Hope.

    I'm having fun with my clown as his potions make everybody hindered so MFT is almost useless.

  • @I_CAME said:

    Why do people think they should be able to win consistently with meme builds? I've never understood this way of thinking. If the survivors bring meta perks and play well then they should almost always win against a killer who doesn't bring a strong build. You either play to win or you run a meme build. This is basically how things are in any competitive game. You can't necessarily have both. I'll sometimes run into people playing low tier killers like Pig without any form of slowdown. Then they'll have the nerve to whine in the post game chat about how they didn't get a kill. Like what did you expect when you brought a meme build?

    The irony here is that Pig, when played correctly, has the best innate slowdown of any killer, and doesn't need slowdown perks at all.

  • I often run an entire build based around Renewal (We'll Make It, Empathy, Botany Knowledge + 40 charge medkit just for other survivors), and I've escaped multiple times either being the first hooked, not managing to get a full heal before I go down, or just going against a Plague.

    While it IS largely down to luck of the draw, it's entirely possible to win as survivor with zero perks, simply because survivor perks are so much less impactful than killer perks. They have to be, there's 16 of them in every game.

  • @HexHerbz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550860#Comment_3550860

    When I'm on dbd I will screenshot proof. I'm not sure what that's gonna prove. I'm not gonna lie. Survivor is easy most of the time lol

    I’ll wait. Tag me when you’ve got a video/clip!

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550349#Comment_3550349

    Well...to an extent, if they are very ignorant and lose their first match as like say Nurss, they are just going to say Nurse is garbage F tier

    Then they get crushed by a nurse then she needs a nerf lol

  • That's completely fine, I will send a clip when I jump on dbd. I just don't understand why you think its like impossible to win without perks on survivor lol

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550803#Comment_3550803

    This misses the problem by actual light years. This was the argument before 6.1 increased gen times globally, then again to nerf prove thyself and BNP. (Remember when PT was claimed to be the sole reason for losing games? Surprise, surprise, it wasn't the issue). Now we're back to generic 'gen goes to fast'.

    The real problem can't truly be solved by game balance because it's the player. Far too many killer players want to just toss on 4 slowdown perks and then complain about gen speeds and clamour for nerfs.

    The real issue is that those players can't find survivors and take too long to close out chase. The game can't hand hold to tell you that you probably could benefit from chase perks, or that lethal pursuer is one of the best perks in the game. The devs have added an info perk and a chase/utility perk every chapter for almost two years now... they know the real problem and people just aren't using the tools that might actually help them improve. But entity forbid we examine our own gameplay, it's much easier to spam the forums and demand nerfs.

    Instead, players just slap on pure slowdown and then take 45 seconds to find the first survivor, then 2 minutes to close out chase. Then complain that 3 gens are done 'in the first minute' because they have the game sense of a fence post.

    The only time perks have 'solved' the issue of terrible gameplay was during the CoBruption meta, where any killer could hold games hostage for an hour and win by either attrition or default. That's why people have been screaming to go back to a slowdown meta, because during that meta even a potato could 4k without turning their monitor on.

    No that's the issue...

    Why are you blaming Killer's for their perk choices???

    Gen Times and Gen Speeds are two sides of the same coin

    If a 90 charge Gen can be completed in 45 seconds... is it Gen Times or is it Gen Speed

    If a 80 charge Gen can be completed in 40 seconds... is it Gen Times or is it Gen Speed

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550830#Comment_3550830

    No that's the issue...

    Why are you blaming Killer's for their perk choices???

    Gen Times and Gen Speeds are two sides of the same coin

    If a 90 charge Gen can be completed in 45 seconds... is it Gen Times or is it Gen Speed

    If a 80 charge Gen can be completed in 40 seconds... is it Gen Times or is it Gen Speed

    I'm saying that the most common reason gens are 'done quickly' is a perception problem.

    There's no in game timer or clock, unless someone is specifically streaming or recording their gameplay. Most of the time a 90 second gen will be done in roughly 90 seconds, but the killer perceives 'gens fly' because they're focused on other things like trying to find survivors and chase.

    I'm specifically calling out killers who have poor game sense for perk choices. If you struggle to locate survivors and close out chases, but are running 4 slowdown perks there is absolutely more you can do to improve your own gameplay.

    It isn't 'gen speed' or 'gen times' when the killer has specifically chosen a build with zero information, yet blindly wanders the map and can't find survivors for 60 seconds or more (most of a gen).

    It's 100% a perception issue that gens fly if it's taking 2 to 3 minutes for the killer to build any pressure, but they *think* it's been like 45 seconds.

  • I barely scape as a solo so no

  • @CatnipLove said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550350#Comment_3550350

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550245#Comment_3550245

    You can't criticise players for having one sided mentalities when you're making a point about how challenging it is to play killer whilst saying that survivors are basically ez mode that don't even need perks. You're doing the exact same thing that you're criticising.

    I play both roles equally. I'm entitled to have an opinion regarding both roles.

  • Im struggling to even do my daily, this games gen speeds are out of control. I am starting to genuinely hate this game.

  • @HexHerbz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550539#Comment_3550539

    I play both roles equally. I'm entitled to have an opinion regarding both roles.

    Killer and survivor mmr are vastly different from one another though. You have a lot of control over your games as killer, whereas as a survivor you're dependent on three others, be it 3 randoms or not. So while survivor might seem ez mode, that's certainly not the case in soloq or always the case regardless of who you're playing it with.

    However, it is very true that survivors are wasting a heck of a lot less time on doing any other side objectives but doing the gens, which makes them pop a lot faster than before. So in a sense, it seems like gens are going faster, but in actuality, they're not. It's just if you chase the wrong survivor and you don't have any strats or perks to fall back on, in case u want a 4k, then you have a problem.

  • Tbh, the current state is easily summarised with "the fun is optimised out of the game".

    As a killer with meme builds / a killer who is decent but doesn't sweat you'll run into survivors who have learned that bringing anything other than the strongest stuff and being hyper efficient on gens is the bare minimum.

    As a chill survivor who is decent but doesn't sweat you'll run into killers who have learned that bringing anything but the best add-ons and significant slowdown / pocket pressure (aka things that, on the killer you chose, provides you with reliable, quick downs one way or the other) is the bare minimum.


    That killer and that survivor will always be on the losing side.


    I'm going out on a limb here but by the sounds of it you haven't played survivor a whole lot in quite some while, so you're probably not at that point atm as survivor (MMR decay is a thing and it's actually quite fast). On killer on the other hand you seem to be exactly in that hell atm.

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3551536#Comment_3551536

    Killer and survivor mmr are vastly different from one another though. You have a lot of control over your games as killer, whereas as a survivor you're dependent on three others, be it 3 randoms or not. So while survivor might seem ez mode, that's certainly not the case in soloq or always the case regardless of who you're playing it with.

    However, it is very true that survivors are wasting a heck of a lot less time on doing any other side objectives but doing the gens, which makes them pop a lot faster than before. So in a sense, it seems like gens are going faster, but in actuality, they're not. It's just if you chase the wrong survivor and you don't have any strats or perks to fall back on, in case u want a 4k, then you have a problem.

    I've played solo Q for 5 years, only recently I'll jump on with others. Everyone has rubbish games, its all part of the multiplayer experience. Everyone that plays dbd has better games than bad, otherwise they wouldn't be playing. Everything that's come to the game via updates since I've been playing are not problematic and made the game worse imo. Sorry I properly could count on one hand that's been decent, I'm not talking about new survivors or killers btw. For example old Iri head, was that problematic? how many times did one person actually face that in 1 day ? same with camping and tunnelling, if someone says I've been tunnelled 10 games in a row, I'm sorry without proof I'm just gonna call it a lie. If you get camped or tunnelled once in 10 games. It's not problematic, even once in 5 games. People just want everything for free and they get that with dbd, nobody likes a challenge.

    With killer I would like to play whatever build I would like, Most of the time its not possible. Win or lose with survivor or killer I just move on to the next game. Well maybe not killer as I've been playing survivor a lot more recently. I will wait for the new update to come out to decide if I'm becoming a survivor main completely. Its a no brainer especially with all the basekit stuff survivors get now

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3551479#Comment_3551479

    I'm saying that the most common reason gens are 'done quickly' is a perception problem.

    There's no in game timer or clock, unless someone is specifically streaming or recording their gameplay. Most of the time a 90 second gen will be done in roughly 90 seconds, but the killer perceives 'gens fly' because they're focused on other things like trying to find survivors and chase.

    I'm specifically calling out killers who have poor game sense for perk choices. If you struggle to locate survivors and close out chases, but are running 4 slowdown perks there is absolutely more you can do to improve your own gameplay.

    It isn't 'gen speed' or 'gen times' when the killer has specifically chosen a build with zero information, yet blindly wanders the map and can't find survivors for 60 seconds or more (most of a gen).

    It's 100% a perception issue that gens fly if it's taking 2 to 3 minutes for the killer to build any pressure, but they *think* it's been like 45 seconds.

    Yea fair enough....

    I get it now... but I hate to say it but Survivors have the same issue

    But anyway... Yes using 4 slowdowns is bad enough

    And running a generalized build (on both sides) should be the way the game goes (but we'll see)

  • @HexHerbz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550852#Comment_3550852

    That's not true as I've won multiple games with survivor this way.

    As someone who plays both I seriously doubt that heck the most I've gotten normally is 13k bp the only time i get 20k+ is by doing gens and cleansing dull totems with a bp offering

  • The current gen regression perks are absolute garbage. I invite everyone to try and play ten games with regression perks and other ten games without them... you won't notice any difference in the repair speed. You will even do way better in the second scenario by carrying perks that are useful.

    The healing nerf has nothing to do with the gen speed. Those who keep healing over and over has always been a minority. I have never used self-healing or med kits outside of challenges that required them. Finishing a generator has always been a priority over healing.

  • @HexHerbz said:

    Has anyone else notice how fast the gens seem to be at the min ? I'm struggling to win with meme builds which was never the issue before, I even tried gen defence perks and the gens seem to quick even with those builds on. I know its irrelevant but I've been playing for 5 years and its never felt this bad before. Love to know your thoughts?

    Genrushing seems the only counter play for certain killers and strategies that are currently happening.

  • yeah, gens get done in ~40 seconds or less, 95% of my matches a gen pops even before I get my fiest hit on a survivor

  • Again it's Gen efficiency

    Survivor can put in 1.0-2.2 charges per second... then add in great skillchecks , perks, Items and addons

    Then Gen regression

    Killers spend 2 seconds (round about) to kick a Gen to start the regression process at .25 charges per second

    So Gens have 90 charges

    Survivors can do it in 45-90 seconds

    Killer can regress a 99% Gen (so 89.9 charges) in 360 seconds (round about)

    I wish someone would do a video of all of the progression V regression... that way we can all see what it all looks like (in a vacuum)

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Again it's Gen efficiency

    Survivor can put in 1.0-2.2 charges per second... then add in great skillchecks , perks, Items and addons

    Then Gen regression

    Killers spend 2 seconds (round about) to kick a Gen to start the regression process at .25 charges per second

    So Gens have 90 charges

    Survivors can do it in 45-90 seconds

    Killer can regress a 99% Gen (so 89.9 charges) in 360 seconds (round about)

    I wish someone would do a video of all of the progression V regression... that way we can all see what it all looks like (in a vacuum)

    The ability to make a 99% Gen down to 0% is already stupid by itself. Its like a Survivor losing a hook stage after not chasing them for a while.

    Even if a Gen regressed by 10% (9sec progression), where it took 36sec to do that. But think about it, survivors dont do Gen for 36sec plus 9sec extra added to the Gen. Its already in Killers' favor, Killers dont sit at a Gen to keep it regressed.

    Im up for Gen regression goes up by 3 times (0.75 charge per sec), but if only Gens have check points at 33% and 66% where it can not regressed further.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3550856#Comment_3550856

    As someone who plays both I seriously doubt that heck the most I've gotten normally is 13k bp the only time i get 20k+ is by doing gens and cleansing dull totems with a bp offering

    It depends on what you class as winning. I class pips as wins

  • I'm a 4k hours killer player and i'm on the verge of quitting cause i just cant keep up with gen speeds despite running at least 1/2 slowdown perks every game. Seeing multiple strong toolboxes, Resilence, PT and Deja Vu in almost every lobby.

1 2 ›