What you said reads more like "this is a buff, so it has to come with a nerf, at the same time".
We won't know if it's a buff until it's at the very least, tested on the PTB, if not waiting for data from live kill rates. THEN we will know if it's a buff.
Bro really said using the FOV increase is abuse if you don’t need it for motion sickness.
GODDDD FORBIDDDDD killers get a QOL change. 😂
Yeah, I wonder if the same goes for survivor players that use the visual TR without any hearing impairment. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that we actually talk about the same game.
I just want to respectfully ask what you want the motion sick players to do? (The other keeps dodging) not play? They have a perk that partially or completly solves their problems in this game? Or always run 1 perk down (which goes against bhvrs want for accessibility to not be exclusive to perks. Thats why spinechill was changed and put half into the basekit). Hell like you said the visual tr and lullaby helps against a few instances for free. (Sadako being a big one since shes supposed to test you with light lullaby) but since they said that didnt make a major change to the gamestate. (Same as the hud) why not help killers out with a problem they have had for years? (Like i can keep running 3 perk if ya want) just relieved my situation won't hold me back from playing the same game as everyone else?
Where did I imply motion sickness players not being allowed to play at all? Genuinely wondering. I have literally re-read my paragraphs and have no clue what makes you think that.
The thing that is great with your argument is that it is exactly what I asked in my initial message. I, as survivor, can't play the game in optimal conditions with the current survivor FOV, I can't see the sides of my screen very well, and sometimes I die due to it. So I would like to kindly ask the devs to give us a FOV slider as well. I hope you're not against it? Do you @supersonic853 want to prevent survivors suffering from motion sickness from playing the game, or what?
While we're at it, Windows of Opportunity is also an accessibility feature, it helps people with poor eyesight better discernate pallets. Besides, only new players really benefit from it anyway. It's not fair for all these people to waste a perk slot, right?
Where did I imply motion sickness players not being allowed to play at all? Genuinely wondering. I have literally re-read my paragraphs and have no clue what makes you think that.
The thing that is great with your argument is that it is exactly what I asked in my initial message. I, as survivor, can't play the game in optimal conditions with the current survivor FOV, I can't see the sides of my screen very well, and sometimes I die due to it. So I would like to kindly ask the devs to give us a FOV slider as well. I hope you're not against it? Do you @supersonic853 want to prevent survivors suffering from motion sickness from playing the game, or what?
While we're at it, Windows of Opportunity is also an accessibility feature, it helps people with poor eyesight better discernate pallets. Besides, only new players really benefit from it anyway. It's not fair for all these people to waste a perk slot, right?
Of course im alright with survivors getting something as well to make it easier on their motion sickness. Im sure the devs will find a ground. I just dont think its worth a "compensition nerf" to finally bring everyone up to playability accessibility wise. Windows your stretching a bit lol. Its a aura reveal perk showing you all nearby pallet spawns which can be random. Same with window vaults. But im all for everyone being on equal ground for accessibility to game. I don't like excluding people. Nerfing them in any way balance wise for "balancing the extra fov". Or punishing them for what they need to play along side everyone else. Even if its because of the people without motion sickness playing with high fov. Its worth it to help everyone else.
thats the thing "its a fov "SLIDER" people that want that advantage can just set 120*" "
meanwhile people that enjoy the current FOV will not bother to increase the FOV...soo idk how I feel about giving sweatier players even more power on their hands on the already S/A tier killers - higher fov can easily make mindgames on nurse and blight waaay more to their side when mastering their new but bigger FOV.
like I said , not complaining BUT yeah ....I can see this being a problem in the future if those 2 killers do not get changed by that point.
Game balance should never be brought up in the conversation of accessibility. Every killer will have access to it as does every survivor the heartbeat visualizer. It is fine.
Yay! Finally a dev respond on this and it’s even a positive one!
wait.. but wouldn’t that mean that accessibility settings are not solely for survivor side? (Because colorblind mode hasn’t already deconfirmed that stupid assumption)
Kill rates will definitely increase as the result of this change. According to Nightlight, shadowborn is used by 7.2% of killer players, giving it for free will allow these players to equip one new perk. Say, this new perk improves their killrate by +10%, then the overall killrate will increase by 0.7%. That's just mathematical, and ONLY considering current shadowborn users.
But in reality, EVERYONE will use the new FOV, not just those who equip Shadowborn. We're already seeing everyone use the visual terror radius and that thing barely even gives any advantage. Now imagine what will happen for increased FOV, which unlike visual terror radius, gives an advantage that players DON'T already have. Everyone will equip it, motion sick or not. As a result, experienced killers can use it hide the red stain a bit more, they will be less affected by FOV techs so the survivor gameplay will change. Killer streamers will use it so the viewer experience will be different. Etc.
I'm all for accessibility features, but they must have a trade-off, otherwise they will be used by everybody including those who don't need them. In the latter case, they shouldn't be considered accessibility features but an actual gameplay change. The current shadowborn, gives an advantage to everybody, including people without motion sickness, but abuses are prevented by the fact that you need a perk for it, so mostly the people with real motion sickness use it. I'd argue the visual terror radius thing, should have come at some expense as well, eg. reduced radius for the sound-based one.
0.7% increase, yeah that's totally bigger than whatever perk nerfs/buffs/survivor "QoL" changes does, Seriously why do we care.
I believe if you really want to keep kill rates as is, you should be lot more angry against all the balance changes they gonna do lol
Game balance should never be brought up in the conversation of accessibility. Every killer will have access to it as does every survivor the heartbeat visualizer. It is fine.
nurse with extra FOV isnt "fine" am telling you.
blight with busted addons + shadowborn basekit isnt either.
blight with busted addons + shadowborn basekit isnt either.
thats what am afraid off...
And if that ends up being 'not fine' then it can be rectified with nerfs to those specific killers. That's not a reason to avoid implementing accessibility features.
blight with busted addons + shadowborn basekit isnt either.
thats what am afraid off...
They are fine, people really overexaggerated stretched res with blight or nurse but actually looking at it for more than 2 seconds... Its blight and nurse that extra bit of fov isn't gonna help them, and people already play blight and nurse without shadowborn and are good so...
I don't have motion sickness but I'm happy with this future change anyway, it's very annoying having the current tiny fov and the survivors constantly exploiting your blind spots.
And if that ends up being 'not fine' then it can be rectified with nerfs to those specific killers. That's not a reason to avoid implementing accessibility features.
I hope soo , not saying it shouldnt be implemented , but I can see this being a problem if those 2 killers do not recieve a nerf to their addons and how nurse works by that point.
Like , i personally main billy and this change sounds pretty good but them i remenber ...Nurse exist + blights addons exist...you have to take those 2 killer in mind when changing / adding stuff to the game ALWAYS.
" ...Nurse exist + blights addons exist...you have to take those 2 killer in mind when changing / adding stuff to the game ALWAYS."
or you could just nerf them, which BHVR for whatever reason won't do.
Look, I love playing nurse, her power is insanely fun. I still can't ever take a nurse match seriously because of how absurdly overpowered it is and more importantly how often you can do it. If she had a short blink for walls/windows and pallets on like a 15 second cooldown and a long blink for map traversal on like a 60 second cooldown I think that would dramatically reduce her oppressiveness without fundamentally changing what she is.
Yet another reason killers have 3 perk slots and Lightborn
Truth! XD
I plan to set up Agitation, Mad Grit, and Lightborn with a closer hooks offering on a preset on every killer so I can hover it for when the survivors all suddenly switch to flashlights xD
I do certainly get motion sickness, it's not that often but when playing Killer I do get it, with the tight narrow FOV, just hurts my eyes, be glad to get a wider FOV hopefully 90-100+
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Fair enough.
Yeah, I wonder if the same goes for survivor players that use the visual TR without any hearing impairment. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that we actually talk about the same game.
Yet another reason killers have 3 perk slots and Lightborn
This whole forum is laughably survivor biased.
It's really not lol
Where did I imply motion sickness players not being allowed to play at all? Genuinely wondering. I have literally re-read my paragraphs and have no clue what makes you think that.
The thing that is great with your argument is that it is exactly what I asked in my initial message. I, as survivor, can't play the game in optimal conditions with the current survivor FOV, I can't see the sides of my screen very well, and sometimes I die due to it. So I would like to kindly ask the devs to give us a FOV slider as well. I hope you're not against it? Do you @supersonic853 want to prevent survivors suffering from motion sickness from playing the game, or what?
While we're at it, Windows of Opportunity is also an accessibility feature, it helps people with poor eyesight better discernate pallets. Besides, only new players really benefit from it anyway. It's not fair for all these people to waste a perk slot, right?
Of course im alright with survivors getting something as well to make it easier on their motion sickness. Im sure the devs will find a ground. I just dont think its worth a "compensition nerf" to finally bring everyone up to playability accessibility wise. Windows your stretching a bit lol. Its a aura reveal perk showing you all nearby pallet spawns which can be random. Same with window vaults. But im all for everyone being on equal ground for accessibility to game. I don't like excluding people. Nerfing them in any way balance wise for "balancing the extra fov". Or punishing them for what they need to play along side everyone else. Even if its because of the people without motion sickness playing with high fov. Its worth it to help everyone else.
Game balance should never be brought up in the conversation of accessibility. Every killer will have access to it as does every survivor the heartbeat visualizer. It is fine.
thats such a dumb assumption people make lol.
0.7% increase, yeah that's totally bigger than whatever perk nerfs/buffs/survivor "QoL" changes does, Seriously why do we care.
I believe if you really want to keep kill rates as is, you should be lot more angry against all the balance changes they gonna do lol
Hardly a nerf when they gutted gen defence at the same time.
No that was the following patch, which also came with healing nerfs.
nurse with extra FOV isnt "fine" am telling you.
blight with busted addons + shadowborn basekit isnt either.
thats what am afraid off...
And if that ends up being 'not fine' then it can be rectified with nerfs to those specific killers. That's not a reason to avoid implementing accessibility features.
Nurse and Blight with specific addons isn’t fine right now. That should not be used as argument against accessibility
They are fine, people really overexaggerated stretched res with blight or nurse but actually looking at it for more than 2 seconds... Its blight and nurse that extra bit of fov isn't gonna help them, and people already play blight and nurse without shadowborn and are good so...
I don't have motion sickness but I'm happy with this future change anyway, it's very annoying having the current tiny fov and the survivors constantly exploiting your blind spots.
I hope soo , not saying it shouldnt be implemented , but I can see this being a problem if those 2 killers do not recieve a nerf to their addons and how nurse works by that point.
Like , i personally main billy and this change sounds pretty good but them i remenber ...Nurse exist + blights addons exist...you have to take those 2 killer in mind when changing / adding stuff to the game ALWAYS.
" ...Nurse exist + blights addons exist...you have to take those 2 killer in mind when changing / adding stuff to the game ALWAYS."
or you could just nerf them, which BHVR for whatever reason won't do.
Look, I love playing nurse, her power is insanely fun. I still can't ever take a nurse match seriously because of how absurdly overpowered it is and more importantly how often you can do it. If she had a short blink for walls/windows and pallets on like a 15 second cooldown and a long blink for map traversal on like a 60 second cooldown I think that would dramatically reduce her oppressiveness without fundamentally changing what she is.
Truth! XD
I plan to set up Agitation, Mad Grit, and Lightborn with a closer hooks offering on a preset on every killer so I can hover it for when the survivors all suddenly switch to flashlights xD
I do certainly get motion sickness, it's not that often but when playing Killer I do get it, with the tight narrow FOV, just hurts my eyes, be glad to get a wider FOV hopefully 90-100+