Is Demogorgon ignored? Will he ever get his well deserved buffs?

I find it peculiar how Demogorgon haven't gotten a buff since 4.7.0. Which is 2 years ago. (Almost, just 3 days off)

Comments

  • he literally cannot get any.

  • At least he was not nerfed either...

    Demo is ok. Mid tier killer. (Stronger in lower/weaker in higher MMR of course)

  • @jinx3d said:

    he literally cannot get any.

    Not true. BHVR mods, including Mandy, have stated several times that Demogorgon is not exempt from balance changes. He won't be getting any new cosmetics or design updates or anything, but they can tweak whatever numbers they like.

  • @ehe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3416792#Comment_3416792

    Oh, I guess they just dont bother because he cant be bought anymore. Anyone who still plays demo will always play demo i guess. Theres more pressing issues than balancing a killer that barely appears in games anyways, even if hes a good boy.

    He was one of the least played killer anyway, even when could be bought.

    Demo is just extremely mediocre, master of none

  • @Ἥφαιστος said:

    I find it peculiar how Demogorgon haven't gotten a buff since 4.7.0. Which is 2 years ago. (Almost, just 3 days off)

    I'd argue he doesn't need a buff or nerf. Demopuppers is the undisputed most balanced killer in the game

  • @Sandt21 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/374310/is-demogorgon-ignored-will-he-ever-get-his-well-deserved-buffs

    I'd argue he doesn't need a buff or nerf. Demopuppers is the undisputed most balanced killer in the game

    This is true. he doesn't 'need' a buff. It would be nice if he had a couple of tweaks to some add ons, and maybe emerging from a portal was a little more stealthy. However, buffing Demo at this point could be controversial. Giving an advantage to players who already have him unlocked, and robbing players who do not the chance to make use of said buffs.

  • @Oberlin1694 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3416792#Comment_3416792

    I mean the Mods are very much wrong. They don’t own the license anymore, it’s why they can’t sell Demo, Nancy or Steve, why their perks went universal and why the names, icons and descriptions and quotes were changed. Alongside the ST chapters achievements being completely scrubbed out.

    If they made ANY changes to the Demogorgon they could be sued by Netflix for it

    Mandy is community manager and is very much a part of the dev team, not just 'a forum mod'.

    But I'm sure you know the ins and outs of this particular license agreement better than anyone at BHVR.

  • I think they don't change him because he simply doesn't need changes. His shred is his bread n butter for his kit and does what it should. His number one problem has nothing to do with the kit and has everything to do with maps.

  • Demo is in a decent spot though. Solid B tier.

  • @Veroles said:

    What should they buff on demo?

    • His shred is a decent chase power and also can break pallets
    • He has portals for map pressure
    • He has killer instinct near portals while charging shred for information
    • Addons are also pretty fine

    No clue where a buff is needed.

    I think his pallet break is little bit too slow. that is only thing I'd change. Just slightly faster pallet break speed on shred would be nice touch for him. nothing more.

  • why would they bother buffing a killer that most people dont even know exists

  • He is simply not prioritised.

    There's no financial incentive to work on him because no one can buy him anymore and no cosmetics are being made for him.

    His pick rate is low and it's gonna continue to drop because only people that have played the game since novemeber 2021 even had a chance of buying him.

    There's also the issue of if they do buff him, there won't be a lot of data to analyse the performance and also if people complain he is OP then people will accuse behaviour of favouring legacy players.

  • "Well deserved buffs"

    I don't know why Demogorgon deserves buffs.

  • Demo is fine as is. Imo one of the most balanced killers in the game, I demolish teams with him but he requires very smart plays to use effectively.

    As surv I love playing against a demo, it's an interesting game with a lot of mindgaming and tactical plays.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3416896#Comment_3416896

    I think his pallet break is little bit too slow. that is only thing I'd change. Just slightly faster pallet break speed on shred would be nice touch for him. nothing more.

    You could just run barbs glasses, speeds up his pallet break.

  • Demo is fine.

    Decent chase power combined with good map pressure.

    But there are also some people out there calling for buffs for Wesker, which is downright hilarious :D

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3416910#Comment_3416910

    You could just run barbs glasses, speeds up his pallet break.

    i think it is still to slow with add-on. he needs little more.

  • I can confirm as other have said: We can still make balance changes & bug fixes as needed.

    That said, I don't want to get your hopes up, it's unlikely they'll see any significant changes anytime soon. As far as performance goes, while they aren't the strongest, they also aren't the weakest. There are other Killers that could use that attention more urgently, especially since over time fewer and fewer people will have access to that Chapter's content. With only so much bandwidth for changes in each update, priorities are a major factor.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm as other have said: We can still make balance changes & bug fixes as needed.

    That said, I don't want to get your hopes up, it's unlikely they'll see any significant changes anytime soon. As far as performance goes, while they aren't the strongest, they also aren't the weakest. There are other Killers that could use that attention more urgently, especially since over time fewer and fewer people will have access to that Chapter's content. With only so much bandwidth for changes in each update, priorities are a major factor.

    Speaking of killers who could use attention more urgently, is the Twins Rework still happening? Been a while since we last heard anything about it.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm as other have said: We can still make balance changes & bug fixes as needed.

    That said, I don't want to get your hopes up, it's unlikely they'll see any significant changes anytime soon. As far as performance goes, while they aren't the strongest, they also aren't the weakest. There are other Killers that could use that attention more urgently, especially since over time fewer and fewer people will have access to that Chapter's content. With only so much bandwidth for changes in each update, priorities are a major factor.

    like the guy said above. Any update on twins? Who is getting changed next?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417386#Comment_3417386

    like the guy said above. Any update on twins? Who is getting changed next?

    We cannot give information about what's coming up unless it's already publicly announced.

    (and please keep this thread on topic - it's a thread re Demogorgon)

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    "Well deserved buffs"

    I don't know why Demogorgon deserves buffs.

    Because he’s a good boy.

  • I think Demo is in a pretty good spot power wise. If anything, only some minor add-on tweaks but that's true for pretty much every killer.

  • @Veroles said:

    What should they buff on demo?

    • His shred is a decent chase power and also can break pallets
    • He has portals for map pressure
    • He has killer instinct near portals while charging shred for information
    • Addons are also pretty fine

    No clue where a buff is needed.

    My only problem with him is his portals are too slow to use against good survivors.