Blight and Nurse

Just lost for the 10 millionth time versus Blight. He ran all aura perks because… why not? He’s unbeatable in chase so all he needs to do is find survivors as quickly as possible. BHVR… you should be ashamed that you refuse to properly balance killers and make a huge % of your player base suffer this garbage non stop. Oh and failed to mention that a teammate quit immediately at game start. Almost as if they knew it was hopeless…. Imagine that. But man… BHVR can’t figure out how to resolve this DC issue….

Comments

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332405#Comment_3332405

    Im not sure if they changed it by now, but i heard that the monsters were way too weak compared to the teens. So nobody was playing monster until they then released a robot killer that was waaaaaay better than the rest.

    Salty monster players and monster player exodus happening etc.

    But im not really invsted in the game, there mightve been changes by now.

    There hasn't the Monsters still are weak and get steamrolled easily by the Teens who can easily hit them with the weapons "stun locking" them. The worst part of the game is all the ambient sounds in that game you can't hope to track the Teens with it....played 3 games and uninstalled when the Monsters hit box can hit objects and make them rattle like a Teen getting into a locker or something similar.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332473#Comment_3332473

    I do agree with this. Nurse is always going to be Nurse. She has a fundamental design flaw because she was released back in 2016 when there was legitimate infinite in the game so the answer to countering infinities was “just playing Nurse.”

    Nurse is never going to get a true rework because there’s no monetary value off of reworking her when they can spend funds on making another killer. So might as well just except her for what she is.

    Blight on the other hand, I really personally despise facing, but he doesn’t really have any glaring issues besides all the ”techs” that people find with him which most of them have been removed, except for hug teching which the devs have already said, isn’t intended.

    Nerf his add-ons, and put him line with Nurse and Spirit, where he has about two or three good add-ons, and all the rest are niche or gimmicky because he’s already strong enough. He doesn’t need extremely strong add-ons.

    Fixing his techs would also require the devs to fix the maps though. I mean, I've only been messing around for two days (and doing predictably terribly), and even I'm blatantly aware of how jank the collision on some seemingly normal surfaces are. So, that sort of thing is just going to always remain some sort of mess.

    I don't think another set of add-ons like Spirit's would be good, to be fair. You can kind of make some of the gimmicky ones work, but if you're not going to be running any of the strongest ones, it just defaults to basically... well, yellows all the time. Kind of like Knight. And that's really boring. I'm not sure I've ever felt once inclined to run the 'return to husk' addon. At least Furin can do funny stealth stuff.

    Plus, a lot of Blight's addons already are kind of gimmicky or strange in a way. It's just, what, blight tag, alchemist's ring, and adrenaline vial being stacked? Stacking speed boost and turn speed are neat and strong, but they're not all-out-of-proportion strong.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332487#Comment_3332487

    Fixing his techs would also require the devs to fix the maps though. I mean, I've only been messing around for two days (and doing predictably terribly), and even I'm blatantly aware of how jank the collision on some seemingly normal surfaces are. So, that sort of thing is just going to always remain some sort of mess.

    I don't think another set of add-ons like Spirit's would be good, to be fair. You can kind of make some of the gimmicky ones work, but if you're not going to be running any of the strongest ones, it just defaults to basically... well, yellows all the time. Kind of like Knight. And that's really boring. I'm not sure I've ever felt once inclined to run the 'return to husk' addon. At least Furin can do funny stealth stuff.

    Plus, a lot of Blight's addons already are kind of gimmicky or strange in a way. It's just, what, blight tag, alchemist's ring, and adrenaline vial being stacked? Stacking speed boost and turn speed are neat and strong, but they're not all-out-of-proportion strong.

    They gave Nurse the Spirit treatment and gave her gimmicky add-ons and they’re both just fine because they’re strong killers. Blight’s add-ons are just too oppressive. I actually don’t even think nurse has any oppressive add-ons anymore.

    I would personally completely rework Alchemist Ring, keep one of either Blighted Crow or Rat and remove the other one, and then either keep C33 or Adrenaline Vial and rework the other one. Blighted Tag I haven’t seen many Blight’s use but some people say it is oppressive.

    Like I said, having two or three good add-ons is fine but he just has too many in comparison to the other top killers who both have a lot of niche or gimmick add-ons.

    But yeah, with Spirit, I typically only run both movement speed and duration, yellow add-ons. I only run Uchiwa if I have Hubris and that’s about it. I don’t like running MDR and amulet because I feel mean when I do 😭

    Oh I forgot, I do like the Katana add-on

  • @solidhex said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3331693#Comment_3331693

    So every killer should just trash solo's in any match without much effort? Sounds like a balanced experience to me, maybe you should play survivor for a while. Yes, mastering Blight takes a while due to maps and stuff (compared to Nurse), but once you're on a specific level you will just win most your games, if you have some talent for him and know how to efficiently play killer in general. The game isn't supposed to be balanced around "Shadowborn and nothing else" lol, imagine you could easily win without perks against a good swf with 4x4 meta perks. I played Spirit in comp tournaments for a while against heavily coordinated teams and great chasers and even i lose many of my matches in pubs if i don't use perks or add-ons with her (she's weaker than Blight though). As i said, once you get to a certain level, there is not much even a good team can do against a good Blight on many balanced maps. But in the end it depends on maps, perks and add ons a lot.

    Did I say that? I play survivor just as much as I play killer. Even after 1200 hours of blight, I have no mastered him. His skill ceiling is THAT high. Your cannot compare majority of blight to somebody who has put as many hours as I have into him. Yea, I can compete against some teams with only shadowborn, because I’ve grinded his basekit for soooo long.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332448#Comment_3332448

    But... those aren't what make the Killers problematic.

    Like, you're saying that Nurse should have even less mobility than normal Killers. Without the new Campbell's Last Breath, her point to point mobility isn't any better than an M1 Killer's (she ignores obstacles, which is the strong part, and her instantaneous speed catches people off guard). Making her teleport slower isn't a balance pass, it's fundamentally destructive to the Killer's ability to function: it creates a situation where even well-targeted and well-timed blinks would be avoidable, just because of enforcing slow transit time.

    And for Blight, you'd fundamentally take away the Killer's ability to play around areas with obstacles, or loops, except for the people already really good with the alchemist vial. Which shows that at best you'd just raise the skill floor to do anything a ton and annoy a lot of people (not everyone that plays a Killer has god-tier mechanical abilities at it), and at worst overnerf it so much that entire maps become unplayable either because you can't line up something to slam into or avoid things when you need to. Plus a similar issue if you target the speed instead: less dangerous, easier to dodge, loses the whole mobility aspect, requires even more obstacles that he can hit (because speed factors into maximum distance factors into when obstacles are needed), and in general doesn't fix the parts that are actually broken.

    Nurse's problem is a fundamental design one: she goes through walls and can't be looped. Making her teleport much slower won't change those parts, it just makes the experience miserable in a "punish the people that enjoy Nurse" way. That isn't balancing, it's trying to force people out of playing something you don't like.

    Blight's problem, as everybody except you seems to agree, is that he has some incredibly stupid addons that just lead to infinite power usage and instadowns.

    Then again, you've made threads complaining about regression perks, complaining about aura perks, and now complaining about any Killer that managed to get a 4k from people being stupidly altruistic. Your balance ideas are seriously out of line with the game in general.

    You said it perfectly.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332494#Comment_3332494

    They gave Nurse the Spirit treatment and gave her gimmicky add-ons and they’re both just fine because they’re strong killers. Blight’s add-ons are just too oppressive. I actually don’t even think nurse has any oppressive add-ons anymore.

    I would personally completely rework Alchemist Ring, keep one of either Blighted Crow or Rat and remove the other one, and then either keep C33 or Adrenaline Vial and rework the other one. Blighted Tag I haven’t seen many Blight’s use but some people say it is oppressive.

    Like I said, having two or three good add-ons is fine but he just has too many in comparison to the other top killers who both have a lot of niche or gimmick add-ons.

    But yeah, with Spirit, I typically only run both movement speed and duration, yellow add-ons. I only run Uchiwa if I have Hubris and that’s about it. I don’t like running MDR and amulet because I feel mean when I do 😭

    Oh I forgot, I do like the Katana add-on

    I completely forgot the DCB is supposed to give a visual indicator, I use that combo so rarely. Kind of useless except for detecting crouched survivors now, it's sad. xD

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332502#Comment_3332502

    I completely forgot the DCB is supposed to give a visual indicator, I use that combo so rarely. Kind of useless except for detecting crouched survivors now, it's sad. xD

    That is a bug right? I rarely use that add-on because it’s messes me up sometimes but I know it doesn’t give a visual indicator now but I’m assuming it’s a bug and not a shadow nerf.

  • I feel like OP is completely missing the point of why they lost. If a teammate quit at the start of the match, then of course you're going to lose. It doesnt matter what killer you vs, 3v1 with more than 2 gens to complete is a stretch for most players. Demanding that blight be nerfed because your teammate didnt want to play the game is the absolute wrong conclusion. As far as him being "OPAF", that is an exaggeration. OPAF is something like launch legion or forever freddy. Blight is one of the few killers that force survivors to play around their power and is a good thing! In an ideal world, all killers would be able to do this. Survivors SHOULD be wary of taking chases with killer, because they are not meant to be able to 1v1 the killer. Don't get me wrong, Alch ring, c33 and adrenaline vial to a lesser extent need tune ups, but nerfing his basekit? Now that's insanity!

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332005#Comment_3332005

    Both sides can use aura builds and they are fun!

    Like last match i had to use Fogwise for the archives challenge and also slapped on Wiretap. Seeing where the killer was most of the time was a lot of fun.

    sometimes i "cheat " using aura reading key for mindgames and the occasional windowtech

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332517#Comment_3332517

    That is a bug right? I rarely use that add-on because it’s messes me up sometimes but I know it doesn’t give a visual indicator now but I’m assuming it’s a bug and not a shadow nerf.

    Probably a bug; there's no reason the add-on would give Killer Instinct and you wouldn't be able to see it.

    I presume they were trying to stop Spirit from interacting with some other Killer Instinct notifier, but I don't know what.

  • @KFChris18 said:

    I feel like OP is completely missing the point of why they lost. If a teammate quit at the start of the match, then of course you're going to lose. It doesnt matter what killer you vs, 3v1 with more than 2 gens to complete is a stretch for most players. Demanding that blight be nerfed because your teammate didnt want to play the game is the absolute wrong conclusion. As far as him being "OPAF", that is an exaggeration. OPAF is something like launch legion or forever freddy. Blight is one of the few killers that force survivors to play around their power and is a good thing! In an ideal world, all killers would be able to do this. Survivors SHOULD be wary of taking chases with killer, because they are not meant to be able to 1v1 the killer. Don't get me wrong, Alch ring, c33 and adrenaline vial to a lesser extent need tune ups, but nerfing his basekit? Now that's insanity!

    Agreed 100%. I don’t think AV needs a nerf though.

  • @Audiophile said:

    Bring out the killer mains to defend their posh life. Face it: some killers are balanced but 2 and 3 ks aren’t acceptable to your egos. You must play the OPAF killers so you can go entire days without a single loss. DBD Killer remains the easiest gig in gaming.

    I could say the same ######### about survivors and their meta builds,you have to sweat because you are training for the day it becomes an Esport, you playin like you have a 50 win streak to mantain, so you can't lose the moment you own it, you better never let it go, you only get one shot.

  • @Audiophile said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332324#Comment_3332324

    Ok, gonna be snarky here but… Maybe if you took the time to get good at the ‘non-viable’ killers in the game you wouldn’t need to rely on the 2 OPAF killers to give you easy wins.

    Again… it seems like killers act like they are facing killer 4 man swfs all day long and are in such misery that they NEED nurse and blight to just get a win. This is utter hogwash and everyone knows it. Killer players have become accustomed to winning. They get 3-4ks all day long and they don’t want it to end. That’s the story.

    My first game today: Blight on Coal Tower. Lethal, Agi, IF, Deerstalker. Iri Blight tag, Alchemists Ring. P47. He slugged everyone. 4k. 0 gens done.

    Why can't you take this advice and apply it to yourself?

    If you learned how to properly loop killers, how each killers abilities work and what to do in order to counter them, you wouldn't have to make a thread whining about how strong killers are and just get good?

    Survivors like you are no different from killers who think all they face are swf death squads. You always think it's the killer that is OP and it couldn't possibly be you or your teammates lack of skill.

    If any killer slugged everyone at 5 gens, then the problem isn't the killer, it's the survivors who massively failed.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332385#Comment_3332385

    Why can't you take this advice and apply it to yourself?

    If you learned how to properly loop killers, how each killers abilities work and what to do in order to counter them, you wouldn't have to make a thread whining about how strong killers are and just get good?

    Survivors like you are no different from killers who think all they face are swf death squads. You always think it's the killer that is OP and it couldn't possibly be you or your teammates lack of skill.

    If any killer slugged everyone at 5 gens, then the problem isn't the killer, it's the survivors who massively failed.

    I wouldn't bother...we could spell out in detail all the ways to counter blight/nurse and they would still argue the facts. I am suspect of a lot of these "new"/low post accounts of being alts of folks that have been banned or don't want to get banned

  • Yeah you guys can continue without me. I’ve made my position clear. I can’t respond to everyone that twists my words. It’s too much… Bye.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332620#Comment_3332620

    I wouldn't bother...we could spell out in detail all the ways to counter blight/nurse and they would still argue the facts. I am suspect of a lot of these "new"/low post accounts of being alts of folks that have been banned or don't want to get banned

    Honestly, when someone has a complaint that something is OP for either side or something is too EZ, we should require video evidence from the complainer before we have a discussion. But you know the moment we ask for it, they run away like OP did just now (post after yours).

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332327#Comment_3332327

    This just goes to show that your average blight performs no better than any other killer.

    Which is precisely my point. I'm tired of people complaining about "top tier killers" and how they are "so OP" when if you look at the data, they don't perform any better than the average killer.


    Now, i know we all know that data is BS because it doesn't show the truth. So then, let's flip it upside down. Think about what the data is not showing against top tier survivors as well.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3332353#Comment_3332353

    Which is precisely my point. I'm tired of people complaining about "top tier killers" and how they are "so OP" when if you look at the data, they don't perform any better than the average killer.

    Now, i know we all know that data is BS because it doesn't show the truth. So then, let's flip it upside down. Think about what the data is not showing against top tier survivors as well.

    Agreed. And it’s not fair to call a killer op because of a tiny population of gamers that put a substantial amount of time to become particularly deadly with that killer.

  • I guess I am going to start playing Blight then. Must be pretty awesome if you can make 4 day lasting temper tantrums.

  • @Warlord1981NL said:

    I guess I am going to start playing Blight then. Must be pretty awesome if you can make 4 day lasting temper tantrums.

    You have no idea Lmaoo. I get soooo much hate in post game chat, my stream chat, and twitch dms, simply for being a good blight.

    No slowdown, no camping, no tunneling. And they still come hate on me. It’s hilarious.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3333977#Comment_3333977

    You have no idea Lmaoo. I get soooo much hate in post game chat, my stream chat, and twitch dms, simply for being a good blight.

    No slowdown, no camping, no tunneling. And they still come hate on me. It’s hilarious.

    I have never played Blight, can you give me some pointers on perks to take, addons to be on the lookout for, general tips? :D

  • Base Blight is fine. A lot of his add ons are busted in the hands of a halfway decent player though. Far from uncounterable unless they have easy mode turned on with some of their add ons.

  • @Warlord1981NL said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3333982#Comment_3333982

    I have never played Blight, can you give me some pointers on perks to take, addons to be on the lookout for, general tips? :D

    I sure can. I’ll shoot you a dm

  • Some Killers do better with Aura Reading and others do better with Gen slowdown

    Some players feel better with Aura Reading and others do better with Gen slowdown

    Some Maps do better with Aura Reading and others do better with Gen slowdown

    Blight, Huntress and Nurse do better with Aura Reading

    Pig, Legion and Trapper do better with Gen slowdown

    I mean it's something that doesn't need to be changed but we as players need to understand the Killers we play and the playstyles that are most effective

1 2 3 ›