The way eruption is carrying killers in solo q is actually insane

I would consider myself high mmr survivor based on the type of killers I face and sweaty teamates I get (sometimes of course this won't be the case and I will get your average self care Claudette and Bill who will run from the opposite side of the map to farm me) and the amount of times this perk straight up changed the outcome of the match is actually unbelievable and those were matches where everyone was doing good so the killer was not some noob and my teamates had a brain

it's basically at the most tense point of the match 1/2 gens left some people are on death hook, we have someone running the killer with limited pallets left and the rest of us are being smart by staying injured and just pushing those last 1/2 gens that are at 80-90% and then bam - the killer gets the down and 25 seconds no one can do #########


as everyone here with experience in this game knows, every second in the match is crucial, especially near the end where everyone must play perfectly if it's a close call.


This perk needs to change, it's way too powerful, it should be either just 10% off the gen or just the status effect, but both is borderline oppressive

Comments

  • Pay attention to what?? Do you know how eruption even works?

    How can you prevent eruption's incapacitation without comms?

  • @LordSturm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288942#Comment_3288942

    "this perk was nerfed at some point" =/= "this perk is perfectly balanced"

    "it's the survivor's mistake he got downed, the survivor made a risky choice, and if eruption is in play it's on them"

    at this point you are trolling but I will give in

    survivors are bound to go down at some point, the game is balanced around that (if it wasn't people here would whine even more than usual) and in my original post I perfectly described the situation why this perk is problematic, you are down to 1 or 2 gens that are almost done, point of the game where things switch and killer is at his strongest, resources are limited now, map is much more of a dead zone then than at the start and people are just bound to go down, and for solo q the situation is even worse because you do not know whats going on half of the time and then on top of that eurption comes in and makes sure the killer can now completely stop the momentum with just one down (not even a hook, a down),

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    I would consider myself high mmr survivor based on the type of killers I face and sweaty teamates I get (sometimes of course this won't be the case and I will get your average self care Claudette and Bill who will run from the opposite side of the map to farm me) and the amount of times this perk straight up changed the outcome of the match is actually unbelievable and those were matches where everyone was doing good so the killer was not some noob and my teamates had a brain

    it's basically at the most tense point of the match 1/2 gens left some people are on death hook, we have someone running the killer with limited pallets left and the rest of us are being smart by staying injured and just pushing those last 1/2 gens that are at 80-90% and then bam - the killer gets the down and 25 seconds no one can do #########

    as everyone here with experience in this game knows, every second in the match is crucial, especially near the end where everyone must play perfectly if it's a close call.

    This perk needs to change, it's way too powerful, it should be either just 10% off the gen or just the status effect, but both is borderline oppressive

    Yea i had one game with the last gen being 99 4x and eruption popped last second EVERY SINGLE TIME almost lost the match

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289237#Comment_3289237

    Now honestly, if you spent 2 minutes chasing a person with a iri tag/alc ring Blight that is not proof that eruption is balanced, it is proof that you are underperforming with one of the strongest killers.

    Most blights can end chases in less than a minute.

    Ahh, I see now. My personal experience is jaded by my own abilities so bringing it up as a matter of fact statement when discussing large balance issues just makes me look foolish?

    Much love, thank you.

  • @FreddyVoorhees said:

    10% for eruption without incapacitated would make the perk near useless. (Against swf especially who are not phased by it)

    Assuming that 10% takes from total repair and not from current progress done, it would mean it causes 9s of repair undone.

    The full power of the perk on a single gen that had a survivor on it is 9s of progress loss plus 6.25s of additional loss from regressing for 25s. That is 15.25s of progress removed with a guarantee that repair wont restart for 25s.

    If nobody was on the gen then the progress loss is only 9s and regression wont start.

    Wanting the second option only would make the perk no longer useful in builds. It's purpose is to disrupt current repair and prevent it for a while.

    If you balance a perk for soloq would make it non viable against swf.

    Some middle ground would work like 10% progress loss as it is present in both scenarios , since it regresses in the first one and not in the second one take half of that which would be 3% of regression , and half the block from 25s to 12.5s.

    New eruption would be :

    All kicked gens lose 13% percent of progress and are blocked for 12.5s regardless if anyone was working on them.

    Its not the instant regress thats the problem its the incapacitated and the fact that it can pop on 1 gen 4 5 times within a minute if your teammates are bad enough

  • @CodeDB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289252#Comment_3289252

    Ahh, I see now. My personal experience is jaded by my own abilities so bringing it up as a matter of fact statement when discussing large balance issues just makes me look foolish?

    Much love, thank you.

    I am not trying to make you look foolish but Blight and nurse are two of the strongest killers in current dbd and there are lots of killer players that can potentially down survivors in less than a minute.

    Remember we are not talking about 4man comp SWF here as eruption does nothing to them, we are talking about soloQ.

  • You are joking, right?

    I find that perk to be a mild annoyance at best.

  • [Survivors] should never be afraid to [repair] !

    If you got it, got it.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289260#Comment_3289260

    I am not trying to make you look foolish but Blight and nurse are two of the strongest killers in current dbd and there are lots of killer players that can potentially down survivors in less than a minute.

    Remember we are not talking about 4man comp SWF here as eruption does nothing to them, we are talking about soloQ.

    No, you are absolutely correct and I see the error of my ways.

    When I, the person making the post, jump in and proudly claim how I don't think something is overpowered because I can't get value from it, it doesn't add to the discussion other than to show my own lack of skills but its rude to say that so directly. Luckily, I have the ability to self-reflect, read others experiences and use the combined knowledge to make better arguments.

    I appreciate you and your kind words.

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288936#Comment_3288936

    oh here is the regular I will counter your arguments with my arguments about the other side

    adrenaline - the survivors have to finish the gens to do even get value from this 1 time use perk and it still does not guarantee it will achieve anything unless you can coordinate some cool adrenaline play - which you cannot in solo q

    unbreakable - are you serious? It's the killer's mistake he slugged someone, the killer made a risky choice, and if there's unbreakable in play

    it's on them

    dead hard - nerfed

    old ds - nerfed

    off the record - nerfed, does not work end game

    bnps and syringe are powerful yes but not in the same extent eruption is, unless you once again have 4 man team with 4 bnps which you won't have in your average solo q match

    yes because I am able to control if 3 gen happens or no in solo :) and if the killer has gen-kicking perks there are high chances that at the point of the match where we are at 1 gen or 2 gens left all gens have been kicked :)

    I personally have nothing against old killer meta with ruin undying as they are easily countered, even pr/dms has a counter when you are on your own, but Eurption is overtuned far more than those older killer meta perks

    So you want all killer perks easily countered?I want all survivor perks easily countered!

  • @CodeDB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289267#Comment_3289267

    No, you are absolutely correct and I see the error of my ways.

    When I, the person making the post, jump in and proudly claim how I don't think something is overpowered because I can't get value from it, it doesn't add to the discussion other than to show my own lack of skills but its rude to say that so directly. Luckily, I have the ability to self-reflect, read others experiences and use the combined knowledge to make better arguments.

    I appreciate you and your kind words.

    I am sorry if i sounded rude.

    It's just that it is not the first time that someone tells me "Eruption is balanced" because they expect survivors to last 3-4 minutes in every chase against every killer so that this perk can never activate.

  • @TDtheDoc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288942#Comment_3288942

    So you want all killer perks easily countered?I want all survivor perks easily countered!

    No, and I wrote in this same thread in one of my posts that Eurption has counter, but I also do not want to be forced to play swf if I want to have a shot of escaping

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289289#Comment_3289289

    I am sorry if i sounded rude.

    It's just that it is not the first time that someone tells me "Eruption is balanced" because they expect survivors to last 3-4 minutes in every chase against every killer so that this perk can never activate.

    Don't forget that killers can just not chase the guy who will probably last 3 mins in a chase. They know how to go after the weak link, I don't understand their argument. Most lobbies aren't balanced and sometimes even prestige can give you away.

  • They should start by reducing the Incapacitated to 16 seconds and see how that plays out. I think that 16 seconds would feel quite a bit less oppressive.

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289305#Comment_3289305

    Don't forget that killers can just not chase the guy who will probably last 3 mins in a chase. They know how to go after the weak link, I don't understand their argument. Most lobbies aren't balanced and sometimes even prestige can give you away.

    It does depend on how weak said link is, tho.

  • Yeah but this is a game that can match you with someone who did the tutorial yesterday.

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289335#Comment_3289335

    Yeah but this is a game that can match you with someone who did the tutorial yesterday.

    Of course, not saying the opposite, far from it, but I've been in games where the weakest link was still able to loop me long enough.

    Eruption's useless on a completed gen, or if no one goes down.

  • @Venusa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288978#Comment_3288978

    Because they're too afraid it'll be taken away from them.๐Ÿ˜ž

    It will get changed, it punishes the weakest role in the game exclusively (solo survivor) and has zero counter play. Though sadly I doubt we will see any rework until the new year with the holidays fast approaching for most people...

    But I would bet money on the perk being nerfed/reworked

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289289#Comment_3289289

    I am sorry if i sounded rude.

    It's just that it is not the first time that someone tells me "Eruption is balanced" because they expect survivors to last 3-4 minutes in every chase against every killer so that this perk can never activate.

    You have no reason to apologize, but I do suggest your re-read my first post with the added context of the rest of my responses. You were nothing but respectful while I let my ignorance shine through.

  • @WorthlessBeing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289337#Comment_3289337

    Of course, not saying the opposite, far from it, but I've been in games where the weakest link was still able to loop me long enough.

    Eruption's useless on a completed gen, or if no one goes down.

    That's like me saying DH is useless if you grab the survivor or instadown him. Do games where no one ever goes down really happen often to you or games where Eruption never pops even once?

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289018#Comment_3289018

    not you writing an entire chapter of war and peace there to defend this perk against solo players just to sneak in equip empathy to counter it as if empathy shows you the killer aura as well

    these people never play solo q I swear

    What part of my "chapter of war and peace" sounded like I was defending it? Eruption is a useless waste of time that provides survivors more advantage than killers, and only gives killers an edge if they manage to pull off the setup and activation before the targeted gens are completed, and only if someone is actually on the gen at the time to get hit with incapacitated. That's a lot of requirements with too many variables imo.

    In my experience, when I tried it out, 7 out of 10 times Eruption triggers, either no survivor is on the gen to get afflicted with Incapacitated, or 1 person gets afflicted but they have a 2 other teammates that can take over for them and stop it from damaging the gen any further. When it comes to Empathy, I was using it as an example of a perk that shows you when a teammate is injured and being chased, which gives you the advantage in predicting when they might go down, it's not perfect, but it's better than not having any information while going up against an Eruption user.

    Unless the killer is super speedy in chases or can 1 shot down people consistently, every gen they kick for the sake of Eruption is just giving the survivors more time to gain distance from them, and do other gens. To me, the investment of Eruption is too costly when perks like SH: Pain Resonance, DMS, and Jolt can do similar damage more frequently, and doesn't distract killers from chases.

    If I'm defending it in any way, I'm simply saying that I think survivors are overreacting to how useful a time wasting perk like Eruption really is to killers. There's no reason to demand nerfs or get all butt hurt over a perk that gives survivors distance and longer chases just because it "occasionally" works in the killers favor. I don't use it or any other Manual Slowdown perks because of this, and I guarantee you, if every killer realized that Automatic Slowdown is better, these forums would be frothing at the bit, Begging the devs to nerf all of them.

    Also, I exclusively play solo queue when playing survivor, as I hardly ever have any friends online at the time I play, and yes, I have been hit with Eruption, but not so crazy often that I feel like it deserves the Hex: Ruin treatment.

    I swear, these people never play killer... smh

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288936#Comment_3288936

    oh here is the regular I will counter your arguments with my arguments about the other side

    adrenaline - the survivors have to finish the gens to do even get value from this 1 time use perk and it still does not guarantee it will achieve anything unless you can coordinate some cool adrenaline play - which you cannot in solo q

    unbreakable - are you serious? It's the killer's mistake he slugged someone, the killer made a risky choice, and if there's unbreakable in play

    it's on them

    dead hard - nerfed

    old ds - nerfed

    off the record - nerfed, does not work end game

    bnps and syringe are powerful yes but not in the same extent eruption is, unless you once again have 4 man team with 4 bnps which you won't have in your average solo q match

    yes because I am able to control if 3 gen happens or no in solo :) and if the killer has gen-kicking perks there are high chances that at the point of the match where we are at 1 gen or 2 gens left all gens have been kicked :)

    I personally have nothing against old killer meta with ruin undying as they are easily countered, even pr/dms has a counter when you are on your own, but Eurption is overtuned far more than those older killer meta perks

    Its not about countering any arguments.

    The point is simply, that "heavy impact perks" exist on both sides. These perks can switch the outcome of a Game on both sides.

    Yet, the discussion almost ALWAYS solely focuses on Killer perks. And instead of shifting the discussion on "how can we get solo Q on an equivalent level to SWF so can be able to better counter Perks like Erruption" its always just "nerf killer perks to the point they are trash"


    "adrenaline - the survivors have to finish the gens to do even get value from thisย 1 time use perkย and it still does not guarantee it will achieve anything unless you can coordinate some cool adrenaline play - which you cannot in solo q"

    Oh yeah? you dont have to waste 2 seconds of kicking per gen, losing distance on a survivor, maybe losing even track on him, catching up, getting looped again, hitting, downing, etc. to procc Erruption? Is that not "earned" ? Adrenaline even proccs after you get unhooked and heals you to FULL INSTANT...

    "unbreakable - are you serious? It's the killer's mistake he slugged someone, the killer made a risky choice, and if there's unbreakable in play it's on them"

    Its your mistake to only do gens, that are so close to each other, that the killer can kick them all and chase 4 survivors constantly off gens and down them all together. Are you kidding right now?

    dead hard - nerfed not as much as ruin

    old ds - nerfed not as much as noed

    off the record - nerfed, does not work end game not as much as corrupt/pop/Thana/list goes on.

    Every surv perk you mentioned, is still meta. All those killer perks are mostly trash now...

    "bnps and syringe are powerful yes but not in the same extent eruption is, unless you once again have 4 man team with 4 bnps which you won't have in your average solo q match"

    I wont even argue with that. Getting 15% of your main objective progress and denying the killer 1/6 of his main objective without any counterplay nor skill involved is just beyond a bad argument...

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288936#Comment_3288936

    The game really isn't that Survivor-sided anymore.

    The game tends to side towards whoever wants to play meaner.

    So focusing the objective the Game wants you to do is playing "mean" ?

    What kind of standard is that? Is scoring a goal in a football game "mean" bcs the other team doesnt have fun when you score?

    The game is freakin ridiculously surv sided. Maps favour survs, RNG favours survs, objective favours survs, time favours survs. You basically only win as killer if Survs are doing consecutive MAJOR fuckups. Not losing one mindgame or vaulting to slow. MULTIPLE MAJOR fuckups!

    Mostly its altruism that kill survs. if everybody would focus on their objective (gens) then most survs would easily escape, bcs the game is simply designed for survs to escape.


    New killer is the prime example for that. There is basically no information survs dont get for absolutely no tradeoff. They see which knight is spawned, his pathing, vision range, they even need LoS to even procc, they can easily outrun the knights without using their brain... And best of all, you spawn a speed & endurance buff for survs to use.

    Its just insane how ppl still say this game is not surv sided when even the newest killer spawns buffs for them xD

  • Just plugging this for anyone whose interested. 1HR long match Hens decided to show just how strong gen locking can be with Eruption (someone else brought it up so I decided to watch, 10/10 evil Hens).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv3I9hHLblE


  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289179#Comment_3289179

    yeah I guess you are right, it's funny how they will ignore this and then whine about survivor perks, hypocrisy at its best

    it's also funny how people are straight-up ignoring the fact that I am talking about solo q (literally in the thread title), in swf this perk and most of the killers are a joke to deal with since you know exactly what everyone else is doing (another topic completely)

    but in solo where you have 4 people alive (and you are facing a good killer who knows what they are doing) and 4-3 gens done which is a miracle by itself (which means even with lack of coordination and communication everyone managed to play well for the team to be doing this well) and then just by the sheer fact that solo q does not have comms one down can completely destroy momentum that was a struggle to reach to begin with feels like a slap in the face

    so youre basically saying "the perk is strong against soloQ and needs a nerf so its even more useless against SWF. So if you play against SWF you just have to accept that you lose. Meanwhile, I cannot accept to have a harder game bcs of one Perk that is outplayable, while SWF is not."


    Talking about hypocrisy...

  • @I_CAME said:

    A new video came out where streamer/youtuber Hens333 forced a 3 gen on dead dog against a SWF. Eruption is so strong that he forced the game to go on until the time limit expired and all of the survivors instantly died. Is this being possible really something that is good for the game? It's definitely a video the devs should consider looking at if they don't understand why these perks are not fun to go against. It creates this long attrition battle at the end of a game where no one wants to concede.

    Oh yeah, please adjust the game based on one vid of a Streamer that probably played against some bottom tier SWF...

    Then please dont forget to consider the games where Ayrun finished a game from start to walking out the gate in 4:45 minutes. I dont think this should be possible either right?

    You really wanna balance around extremes?

  • @JustAnotherNewbie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289305#Comment_3289305

    Don't forget that killers can just not chase the guy who will probably last 3 mins in a chase. They know how to go after the weak link, I don't understand their argument. Most lobbies aren't balanced and sometimes even prestige can give you away.

    dont forget that survs can just not do the gen that will probably make them unable to do stuff for 25 sec...

  • @Unam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289226#Comment_3289226

    so youre basically saying "the perk is strong against soloQ and needs a nerf so its even more useless against SWF. So if you play against SWF you just have to accept that you lose. Meanwhile, I cannot accept to have a harder game bcs of one Perk that is outplayable, while SWF is not."

    Talking about hypocrisy...

    why are you deflecting and talking about SWF, yes I literally wrote that the perk is useless against swf, it does not change the fact that SOLO Q - THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYER BASE literally cannot do anything about it and that it's way too overpowered and unfair towards the weakest role in the game, either nerf it or help solo q and leave it as it is, I do not care, but this current state is too oppressive

  • The perk defo needs changes. It's way too oppressive for solo q. Especially when you are running the perk with Overcharge etc...It becomes ridiculous.

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    I would consider myself high mmr survivor based on the type of killers I face and sweaty teamates I get (sometimes of course this won't be the case and I will get your average self care Claudette and Bill who will run from the opposite side of the map to farm me) and the amount of times this perk straight up changed the outcome of the match is actually unbelievable and those were matches where everyone was doing good so the killer was not some noob and my teamates had a brain

    it's basically at the most tense point of the match 1/2 gens left some people are on death hook, we have someone running the killer with limited pallets left and the rest of us are being smart by staying injured and just pushing those last 1/2 gens that are at 80-90% and then bam - the killer gets the down and 25 seconds no one can do #########

    as everyone here with experience in this game knows, every second in the match is crucial, especially near the end where everyone must play perfectly if it's a close call.

    This perk needs to change, it's way too powerful, it should be either just 10% off the gen or just the status effect, but both is borderline oppressive

    Just like dead hard carrying across the board, yeah I know.

  • Okay and we are talking about eurption here, maybe try another thread?

  • Sorry, I need Dead Hard to counter Eruption, something something not going down according to killer mains.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    Only potatoes get mad at eruption

    Then please enlighten us on how to counter it off comms. Dont do gens right? lol, more like people defending eruption need it in its current state to actually win a game, because camp and tunnel not enough.

  • @Unam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/357362/the-way-eruption-is-carrying-killers-in-solo-q-is-actually-insane

    You can basically copy & paste this text onto almost every meta Surv Perk or Red Addon.

    Adrenaline/Unbreakable/Syringes/BNPs/Dead Hard/etc./etc.

    Like how often do those perks/items carry the most average survivors through matches they shouldnt have won?

    You cannot glue yourself to that one strong perk that killers have until it gets butchered (like corruption/ruin/noed/etc) while merely every surv meta perk is carrying their mistakes.

    Devs have to lift soloQ communication until it is en par with swf.

    Otherwise there will never be balance in this game.

    Right now the game is so disgustingly surv sided and SWF is utterly broken. And still, survs get upset about one perk they cannot counter by just brain afking...

    (small tip, dont 3 gen yourself and dont do a kicked gen if someone is in chase if the killer has erruption :) )

    So.... don't do gens at all? Because all the gens in the 3 gen are kicked. But I'm also not supposed to 3 gen, so I can't work on the others outside of the 3 gen. Surprised I haven't thought of this.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288936#Comment_3288936

    So.... don't do gens at all? Because all the gens in the 3 gen are kicked. But I'm also not supposed to 3 gen, so I can't work on the others outside of the 3 gen. Surprised I haven't thought of this.

    if you get 3genned its basically your fault.

    Why is the killer not allowed to capitalize on your mistakes? If a killer does a pickup in a bad position you capitalize on it by blinding him and denying him his objective. Same goes with 3gen and erruption.

    your argument basically says: we are playing the "team side" of an asymmetrical game. But we are not playing as a team and therefore the game must be patched that way, that even without teamwork we are able to win. Sounds pretty dumb right?

  • @Unam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289768#Comment_3289768

    if you get 3genned its basically your fault.

    Why is the killer not allowed to capitalize on your mistakes? If a killer does a pickup in a bad position you capitalize on it by blinding him and denying him his objective. Same goes with 3gen and erruption.

    your argument basically says: we are playing the "team side" of an asymmetrical game. But we are not playing as a team and therefore the game must be patched that way, that even without teamwork we are able to win. Sounds pretty dumb right?

    In some maps, yes you have to actively gift the Killer a 3 gen

    But in a lot of maps (I'll name a few):

    Dead Dawg Saloon

    Suffocation Pit

    Azaarovs Resting Place

    Haddonfield

    RPD (Both variants)

    The maps have built in 3 gen scenarios that the Killer can decide to just use regardless of what survivors do. If Killers don't, on these maps they typically lose.

    So, most of the time it is the survivor's fault - but if the game puts 5 generators on 1 side of suffo pit, what else is gonna happen? The survivors can't force the killer to stop patrolling one side of the map

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289405#Comment_3289405

    why are you deflecting and talking about SWF, yes I literally wrote that the perk is useless against swf, it does not change the fact that SOLO Q - THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYER BASE literally cannot do anything about it and that it's way too overpowered and unfair towards the weakest role in the game, either nerf it or help solo q and leave it as it is, I do not care, but this current state is too oppressive

    Bcs this is an asymmetrical game and you cannot compare one side to the other the same way. bcs they dont play the same. they dont even have the same objectives...

    Everytime to talk about balance of killers (perks/addons/abilities) you HAVE TO take SWF into account. EVERY FKN TIME!

    If Erruption would be uncounterable, it would mean an automatic win, everytime you play it. Which is not the case!

    Old Dead Hard was uncounterable. Bcs it always gave the surv a benefit no matter how the situation played out...


    You never played as a killer against 4 competetent solo survs right? You point out SoloQ as if it is unplayable and unwinnable in every scenario. If all 4 Players know how the game works and know what to do, they are equally as dangerous and effective as SWF...

    Just bcs most of the casual SoloQ Survivors are bad at the game and give up on first down or any other minor inconvenience that keeps them away from holding m1 for 90 sec. You dont have to balance the game around them.

    Bcs this makes the game literally unfun and unplayable for anyone that got basic understanding of it...

  • @BenSanderson55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288963#Comment_3288963

    Then please enlighten us on how to counter it off comms. Dont do gens right? lol, more like people defending eruption need it in its current state to actually win a game, because camp and tunnel not enough.

    You leave a comment on their steam wall telling them to stop do Gen when Killer is about to swing.

  • @BenSanderson55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288963#Comment_3288963

    Then please enlighten us on how to counter it off comms. Dont do gens right? lol, more like people defending eruption need it in its current state to actually win a game, because camp and tunnel not enough.

    1. dont get 3 genned
    2. check how long it approx. takes for your teammates to get down. if someone gets down in quick succession after the 1st hit hes probably a bad looper
    3. if a killer is chasing another survivor you can see if he gets injured, if youre sitting on a gen he kicked, go search for another or wait until the other surv is downed.
    4. if you get incapitated by errutpion, go search for other gens, check where exit gates are, search hexes, make way to the hook, check which tiles are still up on pallets, check where basement is, get freakin information! If you decide to stand at the gen for 20 sec and look at it, crying about how unfair erruption is, thats your choice...
    5. maybe get the killer to chase you next? so others can do gens, bcs you are actually a good survivor and youre not going down so fast right? bcs you had time, to check for active tiles, you are able to loop the killer so good, that your teammates can finish the errupted gens :)


    Surv Mains crying for every effective killer perk to get nerfed bcs they still cannot win with all the handholding the devs give them.

    Do you even want to play the game? Or do you wanna `watch the "I Win every match" Simulator?

  • @Unam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289723#Comment_3289723

    1. dont get 3 genned
    2. check how long it approx. takes for your teammates to get down. if someone gets down in quick succession after the 1st hit hes probably a bad looper
    3. if a killer is chasing another survivor you can see if he gets injured, if youre sitting on a gen he kicked, go search for another or wait until the other surv is downed.
    4. if you get incapitated by errutpion, go search for other gens, check where exit gates are, search hexes, make way to the hook, check which tiles are still up on pallets, check where basement is, get freakin information! If you decide to stand at the gen for 20 sec and look at it, crying about how unfair erruption is, thats your choice...
    5. maybe get the killer to chase you next? so others can do gens, bcs you are actually a good survivor and youre not going down so fast right? bcs you had time, to check for active tiles, you are able to loop the killer so good, that your teammates can finish the errupted gens :)

    Surv Mains crying for every effective killer perk to get nerfed bcs they still cannot win with all the handholding the devs give them.

    Do you even want to play the game? Or do you wanna `watch the "I Win every match" Simulator?

    2- If I get down in 20sec in chase, means my teammate should stop doing Gen after 19sec because Im bad at loops. But for some luck Im able to make a 60sec chase. Which mean my teammates should wait for 41sec to not get 25sec Incap?

    3- If my Gen A is 60%, I should go for another 0% Gen B, after I do Gen B 60%, killer passes by and kick Gen B, so I should go to Gen C 0%?

    4- I realized I should not making explaination after reading this.

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288936#Comment_3288936

    oh here is the regular I will counter your arguments with my arguments about the other side

    adrenaline - the survivors have to finish the gens to do even get value from this 1 time use perk and it still does not guarantee it will achieve anything unless you can coordinate some cool adrenaline play - which you cannot in solo q

    unbreakable - are you serious? It's the killer's mistake he slugged someone, the killer made a risky choice, and if there's unbreakable in play

    it's on them

    dead hard - nerfed

    old ds - nerfed

    off the record - nerfed, does not work end game

    bnps and syringe are powerful yes but not in the same extent eruption is, unless you once again have 4 man team with 4 bnps which you won't have in your average solo q match

    yes because I am able to control if 3 gen happens or no in solo :) and if the killer has gen-kicking perks there are high chances that at the point of the match where we are at 1 gen or 2 gens left all gens have been kicked :)

    I personally have nothing against old killer meta with ruin undying as they are easily countered, even pr/dms has a counter when you are on your own, but Eurption is overtuned far more than those older killer meta perks

    Just wanted to say something to this comment. As I do somewhat agree with some of points you make about those survivor perks, I will say you completely wrong about the items/add-ons. Those do carry teams alot. Today I had a match as demo. I spawn in and started towards the center of the map. When I got there my tinker went off so I went towards that gen and by the time I reached that gen it pop. There was only two survivors there with toolboxes. Then another gen pop shortly after that one and another. I end up dcing because this was my experience pretty much all night. In the match result screen I saw the toolboxes had BNP and those survivors was pretty much running DH, steak out, prove and hyperfocus. There was also a CoH and two green medkits in that match also. This had been pretty much my experience all tonight and made it wrost since I wasn't running a lot of slowdown and playing low tier killers like ring girl, doc and demo. Perk wise I was using one of these in each build with chase and info perks: jolt, deadlock, and MS. Even with these gens went pretty fast and chases lasted way to long since most of the maps I went to was survivor sided maps.

    Yes Eruption needs a change I agree but there alot of stuff on survivor sided that needs changing also. If you only nerf eruption with no compensation we just going go back to the days of gen rushing and killers having low kill rates again. Right now if you play a low tier killer you have to run 2 or more powerful slow down perks to even compete with bad maps and op items.


    Also just wanted to add you can counter 3 gens and it's called deja vu. If someone runs deja vu it prevents a 3 gen even happening to begin with. If more ppl ran that instead of hyperfocus or whatever then you would see less 3 gens.

  • @Unam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289723#Comment_3289723

    1. dont get 3 genned
    2. check how long it approx. takes for your teammates to get down. if someone gets down in quick succession after the 1st hit hes probably a bad looper
    3. if a killer is chasing another survivor you can see if he gets injured, if youre sitting on a gen he kicked, go search for another or wait until the other surv is downed.
    4. if you get incapitated by errutpion, go search for other gens, check where exit gates are, search hexes, make way to the hook, check which tiles are still up on pallets, check where basement is, get freakin information! If you decide to stand at the gen for 20 sec and look at it, crying about how unfair erruption is, thats your choice...
    5. maybe get the killer to chase you next? so others can do gens, bcs you are actually a good survivor and youre not going down so fast right? bcs you had time, to check for active tiles, you are able to loop the killer so good, that your teammates can finish the errupted gens :)

    Surv Mains crying for every effective killer perk to get nerfed bcs they still cannot win with all the handholding the devs give them.

    Do you even want to play the game? Or do you wanna `watch the "I Win every match" Simulator?

    "Dont Get 3-Genned"

    Screenshot (182).png

    Killer spawned right by a 4-gen and never left it the entire match (generator at the loop I am hooked at, generator by the rock to the right, generator in a loop further to me left, and a generator by mini shack). How is it my fault when they refuse to leave the area since the start of the match?

    Worst part is, this happens so often. Ive been having A LOT of matches that play like this. Trying to break the 3-gen does nothing since either way you are still 3-genned. But again, dont sit here and say that is it always the survivor's fault, because guess what, sometimes it actually isnt, I know, a hard concept to understand.

    (Also no, the Spirit was not phasing either, I was being camped on hook since all the generators were visible from her location.)

  • @Unam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289456#Comment_3289456

    Bcs this is an asymmetrical game and you cannot compare one side to the other the same way. bcs they dont play the same. they dont even have the same objectives...

    Everytime to talk about balance of killers (perks/addons/abilities) you HAVE TO take SWF into account. EVERY FKN TIME!

    If Erruption would be uncounterable, it would mean an automatic win, everytime you play it. Which is not the case!

    Old Dead Hard was uncounterable. Bcs it always gave the surv a benefit no matter how the situation played out...

    You never played as a killer against 4 competetent solo survs right? You point out SoloQ as if it is unplayable and unwinnable in every scenario. If all 4 Players know how the game works and know what to do, they are equally as dangerous and effective as SWF...

    Just bcs most of the casual SoloQ Survivors are bad at the game and give up on first down or any other minor inconvenience that keeps them away from holding m1 for 90 sec. You dont have to balance the game around them.

    Bcs this makes the game literally unfun and unplayable for anyone that got basic understanding of it...

    please stop quoting me with your deflections, I am not here to talk about dead hard, SWF or differences between sides

    I am talking about solo q, the mode me and most of the other players base plays, SWF has been broken against most killers since the game started and it's a completely different topic that I really do not care to discuss in this thread


    This is a pure fact = you cannot tell when your teammate will go down in solo q because there's no way to, bond/empathy will not tell you this


    This is the opinion that most of us share - because of the mentioned fact eruption makes the game for solo q players unfair and oppressive because the punishment it gives in close matches is way too big and titles the side way too much in killer favor when otherwise it would not without anything that can be done against it

    (once again before you deflect I am not talking about bad teammates that will go down even if the killer is perkless)


    your clear PTSD of losing 1 match a month against a good swf and projecting this on refusing to understand why solo q survivor role sucks while probably stomping on those same solo q players all the time really does not interest me


    all of this while I mentioned pages ago that Eruption against SWF is useless so SWF was not even taken into consideration when this perk was changed obviously lmao

  • @JustWhimsical said:

    I think most people can agree the way the perk is currently designed is too much.

    The majority isn't always right.

  • While that is true, the incapacitated status effect is unfun to go against, and so many killers are using it because it is so good. I am all for their being strong stuff, but when things start being seen constantly, I think it's too much. I rather have the meta being consistently shaken up then to let it decay like it did with dead hard.

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288936#Comment_3288936

    oh here is the regular I will counter your arguments with my arguments about the other side

    adrenaline - the survivors have to finish the gens to do even get value from this 1 time use perk and it still does not guarantee it will achieve anything unless you can coordinate some cool adrenaline play - which you cannot in solo q

    unbreakable - are you serious? It's the killer's mistake he slugged someone, the killer made a risky choice, and if there's unbreakable in play

    it's on them

    dead hard - nerfed

    old ds - nerfed

    off the record - nerfed, does not work end game

    bnps and syringe are powerful yes but not in the same extent eruption is, unless you once again have 4 man team with 4 bnps which you won't have in your average solo q match

    yes because I am able to control if 3 gen happens or no in solo :) and if the killer has gen-kicking perks there are high chances that at the point of the match where we are at 1 gen or 2 gens left all gens have been kicked :)

    I personally have nothing against old killer meta with ruin undying as they are easily countered, even pr/dms has a counter when you are on your own, but Eurption is overtuned far more than those older killer meta perks

    Adrenaline and Hope are stupidly reliable now, since it's a given that the gens are gonna get done with any efficient team. Just because survivor perks were nerfed doesn't mean they're not good. You can control 3-gens in solo. Brains are not exclusive to SWF.

  • @Omans said:

    In this thread: the very killers being talked about trying to defend the OP perk giving them wins they maybe didn't deserve.

    That's dangerously broad, what you're saying. I think it's very obvious that people defend stuff that they use. But if we invalidate their argument just because of that, then what? No balance discussion at all? "Wins they maybe didn't deserve" is pushing it. If anything, that describes the survivors. I don't know if you've seen teams who are efficient on gens, but they can pretty much get owned in chase non-stop yet 3 get out.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289048#Comment_3289048

    That's dangerously broad, what you're saying. I think it's very obvious that people defend stuff that they use. But if we invalidate their argument just because of that, then what? No balance discussion at all? "Wins they maybe didn't deserve" is pushing it. If anything, that describes the survivors. I don't know if you've seen teams who are efficient on gens, but they can pretty much get owned in chase non-stop yet 3 get out.

    ....so one might say they are smart for playing to their strengths?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3289048#Comment_3289048

    That's dangerously broad, what you're saying. I think it's very obvious that people defend stuff that they use. But if we invalidate their argument just because of that, then what? No balance discussion at all? "Wins they maybe didn't deserve" is pushing it. If anything, that describes the survivors. I don't know if you've seen teams who are efficient on gens, but they can pretty much get owned in chase non-stop yet 3 get out.

    And I would absolutely say that there are many survivors who have escaped even though they probably didn't deserve to just because they queued up in a group. I'd rather those extreme advantages be lessened for both sides. I don't want to have to face a strong SWF using the Crow map just as much as I don't want to face Eruption. Both give undeserved advantages and wins.

    Obviously there are some things the devs can do to weaken SWF without weakening the already super weak solo queue, like making items and perks not stackable, or even restricting the number of perks a 4-man can use. I hope they do.

    The thing is, I don't see any pushback when people say SWF is too strong. It is fact. It should be fixed. But in these eruption threads, and in nurse threads there is a fair amount of pushback which doesn't make much sense. Both sides have broken things. The sooner people accept that and try to alert the devs the better for game health.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3288942#Comment_3288942

    Adrenaline and Hope are stupidly reliable now, since it's a given that the gens are gonna get done with any efficient team. Just because survivor perks were nerfed doesn't mean they're not good. You can control 3-gens in solo. Brains are not exclusive to SWF.

    why are you even talking about those perks omg, sure it's a good combo but literally irrelevant to the discussion


    Also sure 3 gen can be controlled in solo if you say so, the problem is not even 3 gen the problem is this perk and its lack fo counter for solo q players (please let me remind you that in the gen kicking meta chances are killer will at that point of the match kick all the gens regardless when there are since there are few left to kick)


    Also, lets remember that we are in solo, you are at 90% of the gen, someone is running the killer straight to you because they do not know you are there and then killer stops kicks it and what then? Just leave the gen forever? Don't you understand how stupid that is, even if we take other gen kicking perks out of the equation

    the struggle and defecltion to admit solo q players are literally getting ######### on because of this perk and only them and that it's change / nerf would truly help the weakest role in the game that is also the majority is truly sad


    these people are not even satisfied with their 95% win against solo q players they want their 100% win rate ๐Ÿ˜‚