Why do survivors DC when they can’t flashlight save?

Genuinely curious.

I see this happen frequently and I don’t understand it. As soon as they flashlight and realize I have lightborn, they immediately DC or stand there and then suicide on first hook. Why?

Is the game unplayable if you can’t blind the killer?

Comments

  • they entered the game with a single goal for gameplay in mind. You ran a perk that outright removes said gameplay, they have no reason to want to stay in the game anymore.

  • Why do killers DC when a survivor gets a flashlight save?

  • @Steakdabait said:

    they entered the game with a single goal for gameplay in mind. You ran a perk that outright removes said gameplay, they have no reason to want to stay in the game anymore.

    Silly, but a reason just the same I suppose

  • @Rudjohns said:

    Why do killers DC when a survivor gets a flashlight save?

    I don’t think answering my question with a question provided any feedback on this thread, but thank you.

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270715#Comment_3270715

    I don’t think answering my question with a question provided any feedback on this thread, but thank you.

    My point is this is a question that has no answer. It can go both ways

  • @Rudjohns said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270718#Comment_3270718

    My point is this is a question that has no answer. It can go both ways

    How does it not have an answer? People who do this, must have some type of input? It definitely can be answered.

  • Most probably they are doing it for dailies or rift challenges and don't bother with playing normal.

    Saw the same regularly in R6S, people have a daily to get X something with Y operator, said operator gets picked by someone else, instant DC in the lobby still.

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    Genuinely curious.

    I see this happen frequently and I don’t understand it. As soon as they flashlight and realize I have lightborn, they immediately DC or stand there and then suicide on first hook. Why?

    Is the game unplayable if you can’t blind the killer?

    "I'm about to destroy this man's entire career."

    *equips Lightborn*

    *Profit*

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/355285/why-do-survivors-dc-when-they-can-t-flashlight-save

    "I'm about to destroy this man's entire career."

    *equips Lightborn*

    *Profit*

    All hail our lord and saviour 😎

  • they don't want to sit on gens the whole game they wanted some fun with flashlights and you denied them.

  • Probably have a challenge or something

  • @Rudjohns said:

    Why do killers DC when a survivor gets a flashlight save?

    Because it is still a sad fact that you can get blinded from outside of your pov while looking at a wall. No shadowborn or M&A in use. And I'm not talking about those blinds on the saloon you can get in the main building.

    You can't see the person doing the blind bit you still get blinded.

  • @burt0r said:

    Most probably they are doing it for dailies or rift challenges and don't bother with playing normal.

    Saw the same regularly in R6S, people have a daily to get X something with Y operator, said operator gets picked by someone else, instant DC in the lobby still.

    They do it 3 times and their timeout is longer than an actual match.

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    Genuinely curious.

    I see this happen frequently and I don’t understand it. As soon as they flashlight and realize I have lightborn, they immediately DC or stand there and then suicide on first hook. Why?

    Is the game unplayable if you can’t blind the killer?

    They've no plan B or other skill. Same with sabo squads. If you really want to make them mad and DC fast, run Franklin's. Deny them the one playstyle they're good at or prepared for, they tend to have nothing else and ragequit.

    Even trying to play chill on a killer and have some fun, particularly if they seem noobish, they give up. Some throw temper tantrums and run around the map throwing pallets and spamming vaults/locker doors to try to annoy the killer with the explosion sounds, instead of doing the gens and leaving.

    Friday night I had a group do that for 40-50mins once all of their items decayed on the ground, including ones they pulled from chests. I parked my killer, tabbed to my browser and read the forums/watched some videos until they were done. Two DCed, after all of that, and the other two finally started doing gens. I ran around with the last two getting/giving chase points, hits/heals, hooks/unhooks, and we ended the trial with all three of us above 35k BPs before bonuses.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How long is a piece of string?

    Yes.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270777#Comment_3270777

    They do it 3 times and their timeout is longer than an actual match.

    i think its kinda steep curve now. like 45 seconds, 15 minutes, 7 hours.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270715#Comment_3270715

    Because it is still a sad fact that you can get blinded from outside of your pov while looking at a wall. No shadowborn or M&A in use. And I'm not talking about those blinds on the saloon you can get in the main building.

    You can't see the person doing the blind bit you still get blinded.

    Oh those windows that look like they should be a wall, but are coded as glass so you still get blinded through them. -_-

  • Why do they DC ?

    Because of ego.

  • Maybe they were doing challenge or wanted fun game. But as they didn't get what they wanted that happens.

  • They don't dc for me. Unless a challenge or something stops me from doing so (like if I am playing Tombstone Myers) I always bring Lightborn. Every single match and every single killer. It is hilarious when they realize their plans to bully the killer aren't going to work.

    The first DC punishment does need to be increased though. It should start at one or two hours, not five minutes. Five minutes is like the time it takes to spend the blood from the last match. That's not enough.

  • @DEMONANCE said:

    they don't want to sit on gens the whole game they wanted some fun with flashlights and you denied them.

    Ah yes "fun"

  • @BrightWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270802#Comment_3270802

    Oh those windows that look like they should be a wall, but are coded as glass so you still get blinded through them. -_-

    These are stupid, true, but I mean regular situations. I tested it multiple times and you can get blinds from angles where you can't even see the source of the beam, not even the Pixel of an arm or hand.

  • @Stroggz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270827#Comment_3270827

    i think its kinda steep curve now. like 45 seconds, 15 minutes, 7 hours.

    No. It's 5min for the 1st time and I think 10 or 15min next before being 30min next

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270936#Comment_3270936

    No. It's 5min for the 1st time and I think 10 or 15min next before being 30min next

    it was like that til they turned it off on halloween and then reintroduced the numbers

  • Probably one of the "blind killer x times" challenges. If they can't do their challenge they just move onto next match.

  • Why do they DC?

    I can't really understand how they feel, but I can speculate... Yes, I could not understand them even after I guessed.

  • getting a flashlight save feels pretty fun compared to just sitting on a gen and it's also a free pressure for the killer with a survivor not being on a gen it's a win win scenario.

    however swfs that are only dedicated for flashlights can be a bit boring cuz they're not really playing the game. but they're rare so i guess it's fine to go against them from time to time as long as they don't do bullshit locker saves which are soon getting nerfed anyway.

    ps- if you're a hag or a wraith player tho my condolences.

  • @DEMONANCE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271025#Comment_3271025

    getting a flashlight save feels pretty fun compared to just sitting on a gen and it's also a free pressure for the killer with a survivor not being on a gen it's a win win scenario.

    however swfs that are only dedicated for flashlights can be a bit boring cuz they're not really playing the game. but they're rare so i guess it's fine to go against them from time to time as long as they don't do bullshit locker saves which are soon getting nerfed anyway.

    ps- if you're a hag or a wraith player tho my condolences.

    I main pig, but its just annoying going vs that one (or three) little #########(s) that dedicate their time to trying to blind me irl

    Too bad i have my sunglasses

  • @Rudjohns said:

    Why do killers DC when a survivor gets a flashlight save?

    To be honest, I've never seen a Killer DC over a survivor getting a flashlight save. Stand in a corner after multiple blinds, yes. DC after not getting a single hook after five minutes and 4 or 5 gens done, yes buf a flashlight save, no. Has this happened to you frequently before?

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270715#Comment_3270715

    To be honest, I've never seen a Killer DC over a survivor getting a flashlight save. Stand in a corner after multiple blinds, yes. DC after not getting a single hook after five minutes and 4 or 5 gens done, yes buf a flashlight save, no. Has this happened to you frequently before?

    No, it's probably just an attempt to create a false equivalency.

    In my experience, killers DC less overall, and when they do, it's usually not until at least mid-match. DC after multiple coordinated stuns/blinds? Sometimes. DC after 5-6 minutes of getting dominated in chase? Sometimes.*

    Killer DCs after the first blind/stun? Not sure I've ever seen it.

    Conversely, a surv might DC the second they realize Lightborn is in play because their whole game plan was to get blinds, and they are unwilling to play any other way. Which is why it is best to hide that you have it until well into the match, if possible.


    *there is no excuse for DCing, but these are the situations most likely to result in a killer DC, in my experience.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271134#Comment_3271134

    No, it's probably just an attempt to create a false equivalency.

    In my experience, killers DC less overall, and when they do, it's usually not until at least mid-match. DC after multiple coordinated stuns/blinds? Sometimes. DC after 5-6 minutes of getting dominated in chase? Sometimes.*

    Killer DCs after the first blind/stun? Not sure I've ever seen it.

    Conversely, a surv might DC the second they realize Lightborn is in play because their whole game plan was to get blinds, and they are unwilling to play any other way. Which is why it is best to hide that you have it until well into the match, if possible.

    *there is no excuse for DCing, but these are the situations most likely to result in a killer DC, in my experience.

    You're probably right. I've never seen it either so it's probably just a false equivalency or taking things out of context (eg after 5 gens done and no hooks the Killer tries to pick up a survivor and gets a flashlight save -- the 5 gens done and no hooks part being the missing context in that example). The Killer shouldn't DC and might as well get the BP but I have seen a few DCs after a no hook or one hook game at exit gate time.

  • If a killer has cringeborn I'm sittin my ass on gens and gtfo after waiting for the last possible moment of endgame collapse while tbaggin for bringing that unholy perk,,

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271134#Comment_3271134

    No, it's probably just an attempt to create a false equivalency.

    In my experience, killers DC less overall, and when they do, it's usually not until at least mid-match. DC after multiple coordinated stuns/blinds? Sometimes. DC after 5-6 minutes of getting dominated in chase? Sometimes.*

    Killer DCs after the first blind/stun? Not sure I've ever seen it.

    Conversely, a surv might DC the second they realize Lightborn is in play because their whole game plan was to get blinds, and they are unwilling to play any other way. Which is why it is best to hide that you have it until well into the match, if possible.

    *there is no excuse for DCing, but these are the situations most likely to result in a killer DC, in my experience.

    I think this response is perfect, and so well written.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3270715#Comment_3270715

    To be honest, I've never seen a Killer DC over a survivor getting a flashlight save. Stand in a corner after multiple blinds, yes. DC after not getting a single hook after five minutes and 4 or 5 gens done, yes buf a flashlight save, no. Has this happened to you frequently before?

    I had a killer DC just because I flashlighted save someone

    Well, it was their first down with 2 or 3 gens left

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271134#Comment_3271134

    No, it's probably just an attempt to create a false equivalency.

    In my experience, killers DC less overall, and when they do, it's usually not until at least mid-match. DC after multiple coordinated stuns/blinds? Sometimes. DC after 5-6 minutes of getting dominated in chase? Sometimes.*

    Killer DCs after the first blind/stun? Not sure I've ever seen it.

    Conversely, a surv might DC the second they realize Lightborn is in play because their whole game plan was to get blinds, and they are unwilling to play any other way. Which is why it is best to hide that you have it until well into the match, if possible.

    *there is no excuse for DCing, but these are the situations most likely to result in a killer DC, in my experience.

    It happens

  • @Stroggz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271038#Comment_3271038

    it was like that til they turned it off on halloween and then reintroduced the numbers

    I only DC if my router decides to restart during a match. And once I regain my connection after a few minutes, the timer is gone.

  • @Rudjohns said:

    Why do killers DC when a survivor gets a flashlight save?

    Hell where are those killers i wanna they meet my purple infinite blind torch

  • @burt0r said:

    Most probably they are doing it for dailies or rift challenges and don't bother with playing normal.

    Saw the same regularly in R6S, people have a daily to get X something with Y operator, said operator gets picked by someone else, instant DC in the lobby still.

    There is no daily of flashlight killer 3 times maybe rift.

  • @Entitled_survivor said:

    If a killer has cringeborn I'm sittin my ass on gens and gtfo after waiting for the last possible moment of endgame collapse while tbaggin for bringing that unholy perk,,

    Username checks out. But I guess that you are just role-playing your part, mate :)

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271167#Comment_3271167

    Username checks out. But I guess that you are just role-playing your part, mate :)

    One can never know ^^

  • @Entitled_survivor said:

    If a killer has cringeborn I'm sittin my ass on gens and gtfo after waiting for the last possible moment of endgame collapse while tbaggin for bringing that unholy perk,,

    BLASPHEMY!!!!

    Don't drag the name of our lord and saviour Lightborn through the mud, peasant! 😎

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271167#Comment_3271167

    BLASPHEMY!!!!

    Don't drag the name of our lord and saviour Lightborn through the mud, peasant! 😎

    Bask in they dying glory of your false god "Cringeborn" ,,thou shall be sent to entinty's hell were a trio of prestige 69 Claudette , Nea and bunny Feng will be macroclicking you (the pre nerf macro click) for 69 seconds before merging into a Jeryl chasing you

  • "Why do survivors not want to be in a game with me when I purposely run perks that makes their experience less fun" Maybe she didn't want to hold M1 for 10 minutes and wanted to try something different? You ruined that :(

  • @Entitled_survivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271830#Comment_3271830

    Bask in they dying glory of your false god "Cringeborn" ,,thou shall be sent to entinty's hell were a trio of prestige 69 Claudette , Nea and bunny Feng will be macroclicking you (the pre nerf macro click) for 69 seconds before merging into a Jeryl chasing you

    Didn't know if you were trolling, but after seeing you mention Jeryl, I know your heart is as black as coal!

    Begone, shade!

    Trouble these wholesome killers no more!

    (They should let you mess around with any cosmetic combos you own, imo)

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271863#Comment_3271863

    Didn't know if you were trolling, but after seeing you mention Jeryl, I know your heart is as black as coal!

    Begone, shade!

    Trouble these wholesome killers no more!

    (They should let you mess around with any cosmetic combos you own, imo)

    i just wanna use Jeryl with my new princess outfit ,,it would be insane,,,then there's the final raid boss Jeryl with allesa's body and lisa's skirt,,the unholiest of them all lmao,,Jeryl is love Jeryl is life,,,,it's sad that you can't get him now unless using bannable methods :(

  • @Entitled_survivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271897#Comment_3271897

    i just wanna use Jeryl with my new princess outfit ,,it would be insane,,,then there's the final raid boss Jeryl with allesa's body and lisa's skirt,,the unholiest of them all lmao,,Jeryl is love Jeryl is life,,,,it's sad that you can't get him now unless using bannable methods :(

    I still see him a bunch, haha

  • @Roaroftime said:

    "Why do survivors not want to be in a game with me when I purposely run perks that makes their experience less fun" Maybe she didn't want to hold M1 for 10 minutes and wanted to try something different? You ruined that :(

    Ehm, please tell me, which perk makes the the experience of the other side MORE fun?

    Isn't the purpose of perks to make the game easier for oneself not the others?

    Also: Items like flashlights make the experience less fun for the killer and get deliberately picked by survivor in the pregame lobby?

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3271878#Comment_3271878

    Ehm, please tell me, which perk makes the the experience of the other side MORE fun?

    Isn't the purpose of perks to make the game easier for oneself not the others?

    Also: Items like flashlights make the experience less fun for the killer and get deliberately picked by survivor in the pregame lobby?

    There's perks that assist you/ make it harder for the other team that don't have to ruin the fun aspect for the other team

  • @Roaroftime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3272002#Comment_3272002

    There's perks that assist you/ make it harder for the other team that don't have to ruin the fun aspect for the other team

    Would you be so kind to name a few of them?