Salty killers finally killed the game
Anyone else noticed that killers have to wait 10+ minutes for a game? I sure have, and i don't know if any of you have noticed, but it isn't down to a glitchy matchmaking system, as that would slow survivor ques too. The reason is all the recent survivor nerfs / killer buffs. Constant complaining from a lot of killer mains has led to these changes, and sure, they may seem fair for killers, but the game should be unfair for killers. There's 4 players on one team, and one player on the other, so you need only 20% of players to actually want to play killer to get an even waiting time and fast ques. Instead killers just complained and complained, rather than trying to get better at the game, and now we have a bunch of idiots playing killer, no one playing survivor, and a broken game where no one can play how they like. I always said to stop moaning survivors were op, but all i got called was salty survivor main. Now look where you've got us...
EDIT: I will now add after looking at comments that i probably should have mentioned in my original post, people crying survivor op, because they lost a few games to SWF are to simple minded and short sited. The problem isn't that survivor are broken, but that SWF was very unbalanced. Instead we've seen lots of nerfs to solo survivors and SWF is still a problem. It's the same with how all killers have been buffed in some patches, when in reality it was only the lower tier killers that couldn't secure a good amount of kills. Honestly it's been shown by the devs that average kills per match are 2.5, and this just proves that survivor aren't op. The games asymmetrical , meaning both sides should have the same chance of 'winning'. Go ahead... call survivor mains entitled some more, but last time i checked there's just as many entitled killers, who are god awful at the game, but think they deserve a 4k
Comments
They wanted what they wanted and now everyone will pay the price it’s a assymetric game for a reason and unfortunately theres not much we can do
easier for SWF? absolutely.
solo? get real.
It depends on your teammates really
Oh, what I’d give for the LOL button right now...
I know and that was my highest number of awards too
Except that I know there are tons of survivors on because I was JUST playing survivor at the same rank (reset) and saw new faces every game.
The queues for killer had been broken since the blight event.
Everyone claimed it is cause of the event and everyone playing killer.
But after the event was over, lobbytimes for killer still sucked.
It was obviously a bugged MM, which happens basically every other patch, but the Devs didn't do anything about it, because they already had their new MM system up the pipe.
Bad luck it didn't worked as intended and they rolled the change back and guess what?
We have weird long wait times for killer again.^^
But that is for sure just a lack of player doing survivor, right? :sarcastic:
I don't think that it is something that is related to 'bug'
All of my survivor queues are insta. I don't even wait for a second. It literally means that there are more killer players than 4 survivors that can match. Ratio is not 1 to 4.
The reasons? I simply don't know. Camping and tunneling were always there, I don't think it is the major problem, though it might be a contributing factor.
My guess is that it is easier to play the killer side compared to pre main building nerfs, especially pre clown patch. Exhaustion perks got nerfed, pallet vacuum is gone, main buildings got nerfed, with the window changes it is more difficult to loop the killer now. It might still be frustrating to play the killers but it is definitely less than before. Survivor mains who wanted to play killers but found that frustrating started to play the killers.
Also, with playing killer, one usually gets more bloodpoints than survivors. Camping, tunneling, incompetence of the killer himself, killer being so good for the team etc. makes it more difficult to gain bloodpoints for the survivors. More often than not, killers are in charge of the game and their bloodpoint earning rate is greater than survivors. Many players including myself want to play killers because it provides more bps (this is my experience and what I have heard from other people, with clown I earned approximately 170k bps in 3 matches)
I think that by giving survivors more bp objectives like dailies we can actually make lobbies normal again. I might be wrong though.
Sorry for the huge ass text.
If so many people have stopped playing survivors just because the game has become more balanced now, than that's truly sad. Just because survivor is challenging now as well shouldn't make survivors quit the game. How laughable.
I still believe that if anything it's not the balance that causes this but the frustrations caused by the design of the game survivors have to deal with that killer mains just think are totally fine and don't need changing, the main offender here being camping. If you get camped multiple games in a row, that's no fun, and might push you to take a break from the game. People who don't understand how unfun getting camped is clearly play much more killer than survivor, and it's starting to make me go insane how people think camping is totally fair and fine and then complain that gen rush is an impossible thing to deal with and needs nerfing asap.
My lobbies however almost always filled up instantly, at least in the evening, after the big balance patch, sometime after the event. The long lobby times just started now with the new patch again. Now tell me exactly what in this patch could have made survivors finally quit the game? If anything this patch was ever so slightly survivor sided, which is a good thing of course.
So I'm definitely the last one to complain about survivors being to hard and killer to easy. I believe this game has improved a lot with the latest patches balance wise. But explain to me how survivor is the easiest it's ever been. Survivors have seen multiple nerfs and killers have seen multiple buffs in the latest patches. Survivor definitely isn't nearly as easy as it was a half a year ago.
Also, complaining about camping is totally fine. Of course complaining about killers who camp isn't fair, since they are just using a valid strategy. Problem is that camping is a valid strategy right now, which isn't good game design. Don't you understand how unfun and boring it is to get camped and just stare at a hook until you die as survivor?
I was gonna write the same thing but @Tsulan is not like the others here, though he is biased, just like every single one of us, he thinks before he writes something. So I tried to understand what he meant and came up with this.
Solo survivor has never been easier. OP complained that playing solo is difficult now and tsulan said that playing solo was not easy to begin with, it has always been difficult and nothing changed much to ease the pain solo survivors have.
At least this is what I believe he meant to say.
Survivor mains call anyone asking for true balance "biased", because they want to keep their edge.
Here you go

Every single one of you is biased. This includes me as well.
You can't see the game through 100% objective eyes, you will care more about the side you play since you will know that side's problems than anybody else. We all are going to be biased.
I am sure he understood me anyway, no need to discuss.
Looping is basically an exploit and gen rush is bad gamedesign (miscalculations on how long a chase takes, compare to how long a gen takes to get done).
???
In what world?
I play on PS4 and I find matches quickly and they load rather quickly.
I do as well, still doesn't make me or you 100% objective.
I will never understand how people non-ironically say walking around objects is an exploit.
hurr the killer hitbox bigger auhhhh. You're also 15% faster than the person which means you're catching up way faster than they're getting away.
Welcome to the DBD forums where everything we don't like is an exploit.
is this what your teddy bear told you?
right? they already do anyways. they play with comms.
The healing nerf was necessary. Simply because everyone was running SC and no one bothered to heal other survivors. Which made it really hard for solo survivors. Now people start to heal others. At the same time, slugging was nerfed hard and sabotage was buffed. I'm honestly surprised that we don't see more sabotaged hooks.
Why are survivors stronger than ever? Because the devs try to give solo survivors the same information lvl as SWF players have. With all the warning signs. When I started 2 years ago, I had to pay attention. If that survivor was injured or if the killer was using NOED. Now we have a warning sign on every perk that affects survivors. Lullaby warning before it's active, UP gives a warning before survivors hear the heartbeat, etc.
This not only buffs solo players but also SWF.
Most of the killer buffs have been QoL changes to underwhelming killers. Which made them somewhat more viable.
Camping is boring for both sides. We got BBQ to give killers a reason to leave the hook. Now they nerfed that hard and soon we will see way more complaints about camping. BBQ was easy to avoid. But required some action on the survivor side. But now? Just enter a locker.
Killers also get a penalty for staying close to the hook. While nothing was introduced to slow down the gen rush. All 5 gens can be repaired in 3 minutes...
So a chase takes somewhere between 1 and 3 minutes. Then the killer camps because 3 gens popped during that chase and before the hooked survivor dies, the last 2 gens are done. Now with BT buffed, he gets unhooked in the killers face and can escape through the gate. gg ez
The new engine buffed stealth. But nothing has been done to make looping less efficient. That's another unasked buff.
Want me to continue or is this enough?
Killer should be the power role. Something you should avoid at any cost. Not the kid you can bully.
But since some streamers play to bully, the community adapted to that playstyle.
Does it suck to be on the hook and no one comes? Sure it does. But then I just enter the next game. I don't have to escape every match. But some people take it as a personal offense if they die. Which is just stupid.
I think this post is just a tad bit of an overreaction. I think salty tryhards in general can ruin matches for anyone. But to say they’ve ruined the game? I have to kindly disagree with you there.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/62701#Comment_62701
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/64302#Comment_64302
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/63236#Comment_63236
I don't disagree at all. Here are a couple of my posts from the past.
But saying that solo survivor is easier now than before is just wrong. In the past, before exhaustion nerfs, I didn't care if somebody came for me or not because I could loop a leatherface around the barn with my sprint burst for 4-5 minutes and then leave the match. Note that I have never been a good looper anyway, it was braindead easy because of unmindgameable long ass loops with sprint burst survivors.
The game has never been more difficult for solo survivors. At least not that I know. The game has never been easier for killers than now.
I am not saying that playing the killer is the easiest thing in the world or anything but if you think that playing killer is more difficult now, then it means you either didn't play the game in the past or you don't play the game anymore.
Again I am not saying that playing solo survivor is the most difficult thing in the world or anything but if you think that playing solo survivor is easier now, then it means you either didn't play the game in the past or you don't play the game anymore.
I played against a lot of survivors tonight.
I don't think killers broke the game.
All this talk of power role and the killer should be stronger.. Shouldn't the killer> @Tsulan said:
You make it sound like survivors are unstoppable gods.. What an absolute bunch of dribble.
"You make it sound like survivors are unstoppable gods.. What an absolute bunch of dribble."
I think that.... checks post history
....I'm not going to waste my time
Survivor is fine.
There are so many more people trying the killer out. I always notice when I'm like I'm tired of waiting for a lobby. As soon as I'm about to leave, someone shows up.
Yes, killer are15% faster, because they are meant to catch up to survivor. Because this is an asymetrical game and how else should a killer ever catch anyone if they where the same speed?
That's intended.
But the different size in hitboxes(collisionboxes) partially negates this speedadvantage, when running around objects.
If you can't understand that, go back to school and ask your old mathematics teacher if he can get over simple circlecalculations with you again.
But by mocking people who actually understand mathematics, you only embarrassyourself.
I agree with you about the last part. Stealth has been buffed with the new engine, but looping hasn't been nerfed. That is a probpem.
However I disagree about your "3 gens pop so killer camps" excuse.
1 or no gens can pop and many killers will still camp. This isn the problem, that unjustified camping is far too common.
I see more disconnecting survivors than camping killers. At least a camp keeps the killer busy.
The game is unbalanced. The average game length is getting shorter. Average survivor bloodpoints are consistently about half of what the killer ends the game with. This is wise from a developer standpoint, but it makes the game very heavily weighed in the killers favor by design. In an evenly balanced game 2 survivors should escape and have scores about equal to the killers. In an evenly balanced game this would be the norm at all ranks. This seldom happens. I main as a survivor but when I need quick bloodpoints I play with an unperked Trapper and usually get 3 to 4 kills without even trying that hard. I don't understand anyone who mains as a killer and complains. It is so easy as a killer and with the new perks it is getting easier all the time.
Thank you for agreeing with me. So many killers complain just because they think they deserve a 4k every game
Thank you. Why is everyone hiding from the dull truth that the game isn't survivor sided, it's SWF sided
You say that but many survivor mains are saying it's no fun and you barely get any blood points
Biggest reason for drops in numbers is boredom. Survivor is boring af to play. Especially against try hard sweaty campers/tunnelers. I stopped playing survivor a couple months ago. Killer is much more fun. unfortuantely, less and less play survivor. This makes killer wait times too long. Therefore, less want to play at all.
This game needs new blood. As long as the low-level ranks (16-20) are so filled with camping/tunneling killers that love to face camp and taunt, it will not get new blood. I've had 3 friends try the game in the past couple weeks and they all said it was for the birds. They did not want to try and learn a game with so much toxicity, and that allowed players to exploit it in that manner.
Blame the devs for not seeing their own weakness in this design.
Yes, how dare anyone demand the proper balance of asymmetrical gaming where a power role is equal too a numbers role...smacks self on forehead over Op's sillyness Also , OP is likely a dwight wearing trappers mask, Killer main btw folks.
ochido moved to console cuz he got banned on pc... christ are you clueless.