Solo q needs a less stiff dc penalty

Solo queue is too fog damned frustrating for it to have the same disconnect penalties as killers and stomp with friends

  • Killers tunneling at 5 gens. The person being tunneled dc's. The rest of us die.
  • Killers standing next to the hook trade-camping... "Just do five 90-second gens and escape..."
  • Survivors kiting the killer into gens being worked on, whether intentional or not
  • Lethal Pursuer Huntress and I'm the one getting a near-miss hatchet at my feet 3 seconds into the match. She tunnels Feng off the hook, twice, and I try to use For the People, but Feng has ZERO clue I have the perk, and refuses to hold still while the Jill bodyblocks the Huntress. She finally stops just around a corner in front of a pallet, leaving my ass sticking out for a hatchet, but I use For the People anyway THEN, she just stands there, blocking me in place, so I have to go way around to get into the main building. She runs in too, and then cuts me off to take the window first, making me go down. I had enough.
  • 30 minutes to kill, so I'm here typing this. If Cyberpunk didn't freeze so much, I'd be playing that instead of this event that only masks the true horror that is solo queue


Comments

  • So your solution to solo q being frustrating is to make it more frustrating?

  • @Crowman said:

    So your solution to solo q being frustrating is to make it more frustrating?

    Eh, at least I can go next.

    I'd rather pursue the bot system though.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239430#Comment_3239430

    Eh, at least I can go next.

    I'd rather pursue the bot system though.

    We already know what the game is like when d/c penalties are disabled. There's no reason to loosen it up for solo q and make solo q worse.

  • One of the most annoying things about solo queue is that one teammate who dcs making an already disadvantaged game with zero communication between teammates even harder. If anything, make the penalty higher. If you don't want to play then stop readying up in lobby and don't play.

  • You can very well do 5 90 second gens and get a 2 out, 3 out if you're lucky.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239435#Comment_3239435

    We already know what the game is like when d/c penalties are disabled. There's no reason to loosen it up for solo q and make solo q worse.

    It literally wasn't any different for me.

  • @Nos37 said:

    Solo queue is too fog damned frustrating for it to have the same disconnect penalties as killers and stomp with friends

    • Killers tunneling at 5 gens. The person being tunneled dc's. The rest of us die.
    • Killers standing next to the hook trade-camping... "Just do five 90-second gens and escape..."
    • Survivors kiting the killer into gens being worked on, whether intentional or not
    • Lethal Pursuer Huntress and I'm the one getting a near-miss hatchet at my feet 3 seconds into the match. She tunnels Feng off the hook, twice, and I try to use For the People, but Feng has ZERO clue I have the perk, and refuses to hold still while the Jill bodyblocks the Huntress. She finally stops just around a corner in front of a pallet, leaving my ass sticking out for a hatchet, but I use For the People anyway THEN, she just stands there, blocking me in place, so I have to go way around to get into the main building. She runs in too, and then cuts me off to take the window first, making me go down. I had enough.
    • 30 minutes to kill, so I'm here typing this. If Cyberpunk didn't freeze so much, I'd be playing that instead of this event that only masks the true horror that is solo queue

    Short answer: No.

    Long answer: Hell no.

    I'm about the nicest, fairest killer you can imagine. I go out of my way to try and 2 hook everyone, I don't camp and I usually run flans.

    I see at least 1 DC, suicide or AFK in every 2-3 matches I play.

    I've given up on playing solo queue completely at present, because there's maybe a 50% chance of the first person to go down to either suicide or cable pull.

    This has nothing to do with how killers play. This is something people do because A: They can and B: Because they know it's annoying.

    We need strictrer DC controls, and some sort of system to ban people who suicide or AFK constantly. Because it's hard enough to find a proper game right now.

    And yes - you can easily do 5 gens while trading.

    The last time they disabled them I saw a DC literally every time I played for maybe 9 games in a row, sometimes as soon as the survivors saw me. I then gave up completely and came back when they were reinabled.

    So, so many people abuse zero DC penalty to drop their ratings.

  • Solo queue needs to double its DC penalties.

  • Nah these have gotta be bait posts at this point. Everyone who has been around the block in online pvp games knowns they gotta punish harder. 4 dc's in a week and you get a 2 week suspension, and that's light. Next time around 1 month. Next time perma.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/351884/solo-q-needs-a-less-stiff-dc-penalty

    Short answer: No.

    Long answer: Hell no.

    I'm about the nicest, fairest killer you can imagine. I go out of my way to try and 2 hook everyone, I don't camp and I usually run flans.

    I see at least 1 DC, suicide or AFK in every 2-3 matches I play.

    I've given up on playing solo queue completely at present, because there's maybe a 50% chance of the first person to go down to either suicide or cable pull.

    This has nothing to do with how killers play. This is something people do because A: They can and B: Because they know it's annoying.

    We need strictrer DC controls, and some sort of system to ban people who suicide or AFK constantly. Because it's hard enough to find a proper game right now.

    And yes - you can easily do 5 gens while trading.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239445#Comment_3239445

    The last time they disabled them I saw a DC literally every time I played for maybe 9 games in a row, sometimes as soon as the survivors saw me. I then gave up completely and came back when they were reinabled.

    So, so many people abuse zero DC penalty to drop their ratings.

    Yeah, that's just normal DBD.


    Hear a Nurse? Multiple DC's.

    See a Pinhead? They're out.

    Legion? Same thing.


    I saw more DC's but less hook suicides. The actual amount of games being ruined was the same.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    Solo queue needs to double its DC penalties.

    yeah, the penalty needs to be INCREASED, not decreased.

  • @Nos37 said:

    Solo queue is too fog damned frustrating for it to have the same disconnect penalties as killers and stomp with friends

    • Killers tunneling at 5 gens. The person being tunneled dc's. The rest of us die.
    • Killers standing next to the hook trade-camping... "Just do five 90-second gens and escape..."
    • Survivors kiting the killer into gens being worked on, whether intentional or not
    • Lethal Pursuer Huntress and I'm the one getting a near-miss hatchet at my feet 3 seconds into the match. She tunnels Feng off the hook, twice, and I try to use For the People, but Feng has ZERO clue I have the perk, and refuses to hold still while the Jill bodyblocks the Huntress. She finally stops just around a corner in front of a pallet, leaving my ass sticking out for a hatchet, but I use For the People anyway THEN, she just stands there, blocking me in place, so I have to go way around to get into the main building. She runs in too, and then cuts me off to take the window first, making me go down. I had enough.
    • 30 minutes to kill, so I'm here typing this. If Cyberpunk didn't freeze so much, I'd be playing that instead of this event that only masks the true horror that is solo queue

    Absolute not.

  • I don't understand how this would help, instead of making survivor experience even more miserable. If you want to DC every time survivor match is frustrating, it would be 100% of time. Maybe better fix MMR so I could compete with killers my caliber?

  • Survivors players just need to grow a spine and stop having a tantrum whenever things don't go their way.

    I play a fair amount of solo survivor and never feel the need to DC. Sometimes you lose, it's a pvp game, learn to accept it.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239459#Comment_3239459

    Yeah, that's just normal DBD.

    Hear a Nurse? Multiple DC's.

    See a Pinhead? They're out.

    Legion? Same thing.

    I saw more DC's but less hook suicides. The actual amount of games being ruined was the same.

    There's a difference - at least in a suicide/AFK situation, I can get some BP. But I agree, neither are ideal.

    That said, I absolutely do not believe that it's because of anything killers are doing. I see as many quitters when I play Ghostface and Plague as I do when I play Cenobite or Hag.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239474#Comment_3239474

    There's a difference - at least in a suicide/AFK situation, I can get some BP. But I agree, neither are ideal.

    That said, I absolutely do not believe that it's because of anything killers are doing. I see as many quitters when I play Ghostface and Plague as I do when I play Cenobite or Hag.

    You can't stop people from getting out of a game they don't wanna play.

    Which is why I want the bot system.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239509#Comment_3239509

    You can't stop people from getting out of a game they don't wanna play.

    Which is why I want the bot system.

    That would be amazing, but we don't even have a proper botmatch right now.

  • Something as simple as a DCd survivor remaining in the game for 60s after a DC would be a good enough change. Doesn't even need to have any AI. Though if it did have sone AI, it should be displayed that the player has DCd.

    It would give the killer their deserved hook for those cases where the survivor DCs when they go down, while also giving the killer an objective besides going straight for another survivor.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/351884/solo-q-needs-a-less-stiff-dc-penalty

    Short answer: No.

    Long answer: Hell no.

    I'm about the nicest, fairest killer you can imagine. I go out of my way to try and 2 hook everyone, I don't camp and I usually run flans.

    I see at least 1 DC, suicide or AFK in every 2-3 matches I play.

    I've given up on playing solo queue completely at present, because there's maybe a 50% chance of the first person to go down to either suicide or cable pull.

    This has nothing to do with how killers play. This is something people do because A: They can and B: Because they know it's annoying.

    We need strictrer DC controls, and some sort of system to ban people who suicide or AFK constantly. Because it's hard enough to find a proper game right now.

    And yes - you can easily do 5 gens while trading.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239445#Comment_3239445

    The last time they disabled them I saw a DC literally every time I played for maybe 9 games in a row, sometimes as soon as the survivors saw me. I then gave up completely and came back when they were reinabled.

    So, so many people abuse zero DC penalty to drop their ratings.

    I agree. We need to do more to treat the symptoms and not the disease. Screw making treatments for the actual source of the problems let's just throw a bandaid on it like every other problem this game has.

  • Probably I can help with Cyberpunk. With latest drivers and patches it works fine to me. I had crush problems (nvlddmkm GPUID 100 error), but found out it's because my card was undervolted, and latest drivers for some reason don't work with that. I removed undervolting and everything is peachy since.

    If you have same error, but didn't tamper with graphic card, check your graphic card and/or PSU, it's either card don't receive enough power, or is faulty itself.

  • Until we have some sort of bot system, I personally think we crank the DC penalty to 30 min, but it's non-stacking, meaning it never gets worse. So you take a penalty that's 2-3 times as long as a typical match, meaning sure you can DC, but you are better off just sticking it out.

    AFK and suicide on hook are the next issue as they will gravitate towards that. Afk needs to auto DC you after a set period of time, so you take the hit anyways. Suicide on hook, basically you can't run the timer down at all anymore and there is no "struggle phase". You get skill checks that build a meter that when full allows you to attempt a self unhook in both hook states.

  • @Nihlus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239459#Comment_3239459

    I agree. We need to do more to treat the symptoms and not the disease. Screw making treatments for the actual source of the problems let's just throw a bandaid on it like every other problem this game has.

    What's the disease?

    Again, I see as many DCs if I play nice as someone does when they camp.

    @Savex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239435#Comment_3239435

    Survivor is just not fun anymore to me. I don't know what changed with 6.1 but I rarely find playing survivor fun. Maybe all the fun perks were taken away or can't be used.

    Name three.

  • Great idea! Even more of my teammates will dc

  • Just no DC timer penalty period. Because even when I try to get out of the match by letting the killer have me on hook, there’s always one teammate who won’t let me (a teammate other than the Urban Evading Claudette or Mikaela in the corner, of course). Main reason I despise the struggle skill check change to this day.

  • Solo is at its best right now and anyone that decides to dc deserves the wait. The only solo survivor complaint that I consider to hold any weight is sbmm needs to be fixed.

  • speculatively, you see as many DC's as someone does when they camp, which you magically know with your hag crystal ball, so that's 2 DC's in every game you play. are you nurse/blight main?

    @DemonDaddy said:

    Solo is at its best right now and anyone that decides to dc deserves the wait. The only solo survivor complaint that I consider to hold any weight is sbmm needs to be fixed.

    you just get a lol

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239459#Comment_3239459

    Yeah, that's just normal DBD.

    Hear a Nurse? Multiple DC's.

    See a Pinhead? They're out.

    Legion? Same thing.

    I saw more DC's but less hook suicides. The actual amount of games being ruined was the same.

    this, more suicides, so many suicides, let's see, hook suicide means killer still has to move the player to a hook which takes time, while if they just DC killer can go straight to look for other survivors. Survivors may also make rough, dangerous plays to save the suicider, taking hits and getting hooked themselves, while if they had DC'ed, other survivors would just get free points for being abandoned. it really doesn't make that much difference which way someone is getting out of the game, the fact is, a lot of sadists want to hold others in a game against their will.

  • DC? i dont want to c you

    You want to disconnect? how about uninstalling?

    Go next? go play another game

    rage quit? how about perma quit

    can't play this? can't play this game

    want out? i want you out of this game

  • Mabye make it so only the first DC in a match will get the penalty, and increase it.

  • @Yatol said:

    DC? i dont want to c you

    You want to disconnect? how about uninstalling?

    Go next? go play another game

    rage quit? how about perma quit

    can't play this? can't play this game

    want out? i want you out of this game

    a wild psychopath appears!

  • @Ashes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239598#Comment_3239598

    speculatively, you see as many DC's as someone does when they camp, which you magically know with your hag crystal ball, so that's 2 DC's in every game you play. are you nurse/blight main?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239755#Comment_3239755

    you just get a lol

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239474#Comment_3239474

    this, more suicides, so many suicides, let's see, hook suicide means killer still has to move the player to a hook which takes time, while if they just DC killer can go straight to look for other survivors. Survivors may also make rough, dangerous plays to save the suicider, taking hits and getting hooked themselves, while if they had DC'ed, other survivors would just get free points for being abandoned. it really doesn't make that much difference which way someone is getting out of the game, the fact is, a lot of sadists want to hold others in a game against their will.

    Yes, I do want to hold those people in game, to the point that they either get over it and play out their games as intended or go play something else. I play soloQ, been in plenty of lost causes for matches, had plenty of potato teammates (even more so than myself), faced plenty of the "unfun" killers. I still stick it out to gain what points I can and give us whatever chance I can or if the team is toast, give myself whatever chance i can. That's the game.

    If they want to ruin it for four other people because they don't like how the match is going, play something else. I can be and am sympathetic for a lot of things in the game. Giving up over the smallest things not going your way is not one of them.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239510#Comment_3239510

    That would be amazing, but we don't even have a proper botmatch right now.

    Which is why I continue to show my support for the system.

    Everybody wins with it. Killers don't get screwed out of a game or BP, Survivors don't auto lose and the person who wants out can get out.

  • @Nos37 said:

    Solo queue is too fog damned frustrating for it to have the same disconnect penalties as killers and stomp with friends

    • Killers tunneling at 5 gens. The person being tunneled dc's. The rest of us die.
    • Killers standing next to the hook trade-camping... "Just do five 90-second gens and escape..."
    • Survivors kiting the killer into gens being worked on, whether intentional or not
    • Lethal Pursuer Huntress and I'm the one getting a near-miss hatchet at my feet 3 seconds into the match. She tunnels Feng off the hook, twice, and I try to use For the People, but Feng has ZERO clue I have the perk, and refuses to hold still while the Jill bodyblocks the Huntress. She finally stops just around a corner in front of a pallet, leaving my ass sticking out for a hatchet, but I use For the People anyway THEN, she just stands there, blocking me in place, so I have to go way around to get into the main building. She runs in too, and then cuts me off to take the window first, making me go down. I had enough.
    • 30 minutes to kill, so I'm here typing this. If Cyberpunk didn't freeze so much, I'd be playing that instead of this event that only masks the true horror that is solo queue

    You left teammates DCing off the list funnily enough. I see so many high level players DC because they aren't happy with their teammates. And it's tanked several very winnable games for me and my swf team. Imo DC penalties should be much harsher, if only they could tell genuine disconnects from ragequits. Even if killer is tunneling or facecamping at 5 gens. It happens. Just do your best then onto the next game.

    What they should really do is improve soloq, ping system, let us see each other's perks. VC for God's sake.

  • @Maelstrom808 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239866#Comment_3239866

    Yes, I do want to hold those people in game, to the point that they either get over it and play out their games as intended or go play something else. I play soloQ, been in plenty of lost causes for matches, had plenty of potato teammates (even more so than myself), faced plenty of the "unfun" killers. I still stick it out to gain what points I can and give us whatever chance I can or if the team is toast, give myself whatever chance i can. That's the game.

    If they want to ruin it for four other people because they don't like how the match is going, play something else. I can be and am sympathetic for a lot of things in the game. Giving up over the smallest things not going your way is not one of them.

    a bit like stockholm syndrome?

    for me it's the other way around, i get stuck in a string of those hopeless games where i'm the only one who has actually finished a generator and hook bombs are rife, it just wears on me more and more to the point where i get a game that's cursed within the first 30 seconds and i'm like NO MORE PLEASE FFSSSS DBD SUX leaves

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/351884/solo-q-needs-a-less-stiff-dc-penalty

    You left teammates DCing off the list funnily enough. I see so many high level players DC because they aren't happy with their teammates. And it's tanked several very winnable games for me and my swf team. Imo DC penalties should be much harsher, if only they could tell genuine disconnects from ragequits. Even if killer is tunneling or facecamping at 5 gens. It happens. Just do your best then onto the next game.

    What they should really do is improve soloq, ping system, let us see each other's perks. VC for God's sake.

    i gotta ask, do you treat your solo teammate well? my experience being the solo with an SWF of 3 is that they will 100% sacrifice the solo player every time even just for a laugh. i witnessed this in the worst way too by streamsnipiing a ginger TTV teammate of mine once who joked about this before sandbagging me, and i heard the awful, baseless things he was saying about me and the killer, not even based on how we were playing, just random insults.

    overall i think implementing those improvements to solo queue should come first, there really seems like no sense punishing people to me, while there are such glaring flaws with how solo queue functions relative to how the game is supposedly balanced

    @Maelstrom808 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239866#Comment_3239866

    Yes, I do want to hold those people in game, to the point that they either get over it and play out their games as intended or go play something else. I play soloQ, been in plenty of lost causes for matches, had plenty of potato teammates (even more so than myself), faced plenty of the "unfun" killers. I still stick it out to gain what points I can and give us whatever chance I can or if the team is toast, give myself whatever chance i can. That's the game.

    If they want to ruin it for four other people because they don't like how the match is going, play something else. I can be and am sympathetic for a lot of things in the game. Giving up over the smallest things not going your way is not one of them.

    a bit like stockholm syndrome?

    for me it's the other way around, i get stuck in a string of hopeless games where i'm the only one who has finished a generator and hook bombs are rife, and it just wears on me more and more until i'm like NO MORE PLEASE FFS DBD SUX leaves

  • Some matches I am honestly grateful a team mate DC's or gives up first hook as it means I can just go next too. But we all saw the DC apocalypse from the last week when penalties were disabled and it was an absolute mess.

    The only good match I had with DC's was where a Weseker decided to camp and relentlessly tunnel a poor Feng off first hook at 5 gens. We all just noped at pretty much the same time and told him to go bite rocks and play by himself if he cant play nice lol

    NOT condoning DC's but not gonna lie that one felt good

  • Let's start with everything that's unhealthy for the game: Camping. Tunneling. Rancor. Nurse. Blight. Head On. Chain Flashlight blinds in general. Teabagging. Sitting at the exit to wait two minutes until the killer comes over to watch the teabagging. Tombstone/Tomestone Fragment. Bad Maps and offerings to send you there. Busted items/addons like iri hatchets and commodius toolboxes. The emergency medkit. The list goes on and on. I'm sure I could continue, but you get the point.

    From toxic behaviors to imbalanced items, they all ruin people's fun. I get that 90% of killer/SWF fun is to torment the other side and the ultimate victory is to get them to DC, but those of us who don't take pleasure in making other people miserable would prefer not to spend the entire game being made miserable. But hey, let's just keep forcing people to play against things that are blatantly unpleasant by design and assume that's 'healthy' for the game or players.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239513#Comment_3239513

    Which is why I continue to show my support for the system.

    Everybody wins with it. Killers don't get screwed out of a game or BP, Survivors don't auto lose and the person who wants out can get out.

    We need a separate queue for people that ragequit too often, so they can ruin each other’s games. Adding bots would encourage more ragequitting, because there would be less guilt over ragequitting if the survivor knew they would be replaced with a bot.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240005#Comment_3240005

    We need a separate queue for people that ragequit too often, so they can ruin each other’s games. Adding bots would encourage more ragequitting, because there would be less guilt over ragequitting if the survivor knew they would be replaced with a bot.

    I would take a bot over a teammate who doesn't want to be in the game every day of the week.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239474#Comment_3239474

    There's a difference - at least in a suicide/AFK situation, I can get some BP. But I agree, neither are ideal.

    That said, I absolutely do not believe that it's because of anything killers are doing. I see as many quitters when I play Ghostface and Plague as I do when I play Cenobite or Hag.

    I very, very, rarely DC because of something the killer is doing. It honestly aggravates me more if a teammate is getting camped than if I am, because now it's just gen simulator. First game on Friday there was a survivor body blocking pallets so the killer could hit me at them. I just dc'd and didn't play anymore.

    What frustrates me is what my teammates are doing. If I get hooked and no one is doing gens, no one comes to save, everyone sits in a corner, etc... Is what makes me want to quit and I blame a large portion of that on matchmaking or MMR.

    While I do dc/let go on hook more than I probably should, I don't think the penalty needs to change. If you find yourself getting frustrated at it like I do then you probably need the break from it or it's just going to keep compounding. Most of the time if I dc I'm out for the rest of the day.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240086#Comment_3240086

    I would take a bot over a teammate who doesn't want to be in the game every day of the week.

    If frequent ragequitters were placed in their own queue, then you shouldn’t be placed in the same game as them, unless you are also a frequent ragequitter.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/351884/solo-q-needs-a-less-stiff-dc-penalty

    You left teammates DCing off the list funnily enough. I see so many high level players DC because they aren't happy with their teammates. And it's tanked several very winnable games for me and my swf team. Imo DC penalties should be much harsher, if only they could tell genuine disconnects from ragequits. Even if killer is tunneling or facecamping at 5 gens. It happens. Just do your best then onto the next game.

    What they should really do is improve soloq, ping system, let us see each other's perks. VC for God's sake.

    I'm simply playing both angles.

    Look at the Discussions I have posted. Most of them are asking for solo q improvements. A few of them are asking for penalty leniency.

    I want them to make the game better for solo q. If they aren't / won't, then make the dc penalties less harsh, preferably after they add bots.

    I like Maelstrom's idea... Flat 30 minutes that doesn't stack/increase. (Though it should be 5m, 5m, 30m from then on, only dropping back to 5m after 24h).

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240199#Comment_3240199

    If frequent ragequitters were placed in their own queue, then you shouldn’t be placed in the same game as them, unless you are also a frequent ragequitter.

    Nope, I'd just have even longer queues only to still have an unfun game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240225#Comment_3240225

    Nope, I'd just have even longer queues only to still have an unfun game.

    For the people that don't frequently ragequit, the longer queue times would be worth it, because they would have much less games ruined by ragequitters.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240021#Comment_3240021

    I'm simply playing both angles.

    Look at the Discussions I have posted. Most of them are asking for solo q improvements. A few of them are asking for penalty leniency.

    I want them to make the game better for solo q. If they aren't / won't, then make the dc penalties less harsh, preferably after they add bots.

    I like Maelstrom's idea... Flat 30 minutes that doesn't stack/increase. (Though it should be 5m, 5m, 30m from then on, only dropping back to 5m after 24h).

    I have a lot of threads suggesting improvements for solo q too. It definitely needs that bit of help that swfs certainly don't. But regardless people who DC and rage quit ruin the game for all other players. Both their survivor team mates and the killer who may be trying to get points for challenges/achievements or adept. And I've seen multiple people DC from a game that was still definitely winnable.

    Solo q is rough but that comes with the terrain, if ppl get angry enough to ragequit then they should play swf or a less stressful game. DCing is never justified unless a player is deliberately holding the game hostage or someone is cheating etc. And those things don't happen all that often. People will DC for the most silly of reasons, i.e. don't like the map, killer or got downed once.

    If you ease DC penalties then people will be more likely to DC and ruin even more games. Look at the recent level of DCs with the DC penalty being removed. They skyrocketed.

  • @Savex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239435#Comment_3239435

    Survivor is just not fun anymore to me. I don't know what changed with 6.1 but I rarely find playing survivor fun. Maybe all the fun perks were taken away or can't be used.

    Then maybe move to killer or even better or whole other game? DBD isn't everything and there is a whole world of other games to play?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240236#Comment_3240236

    For the people that don't frequently ragequit, the longer queue times would be worth it, because they would have much less games ruined by ragequitters.

    No lol?

    Now I have to wait longer for a ######### match.

  • @Nihlus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3239598#Comment_3239598

    Let's start with everything that's unhealthy for the game: Camping. Tunneling. Rancor. Nurse. Blight. Head On. Chain Flashlight blinds in general. Teabagging. Sitting at the exit to wait two minutes until the killer comes over to watch the teabagging. Tombstone/Tomestone Fragment. Bad Maps and offerings to send you there. Busted items/addons like iri hatchets and commodius toolboxes. The emergency medkit. The list goes on and on. I'm sure I could continue, but you get the point.

    From toxic behaviors to imbalanced items, they all ruin people's fun. I get that 90% of killer/SWF fun is to torment the other side and the ultimate victory is to get them to DC, but those of us who don't take pleasure in making other people miserable would prefer not to spend the entire game being made miserable. But hey, let's just keep forcing people to play against things that are blatantly unpleasant by design and assume that's 'healthy' for the game or players.

    Then if it is "90% of killers/swf", why even try for the 10% of good games?

    The only thing those 9/10 DC do is make it miserable for the other 4 players that have a subjective different opinion about what's how unfun?

    The only universal denominator is that a game where one survivor ragequits is harder/less fun for the other 4 player.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240239#Comment_3240239

    No lol?

    Now I have to wait longer for a ######### match.

    Do you honestly think your teammates would be equally bad if they ragequit or if they didn’t ragequit?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240268#Comment_3240268

    Do you honestly think your teammates would be equally bad if they ragequit or if they didn’t ragequit?

    Yes.

    Having someone DC is frustrating. Having someone new to the game is equally as frustrating.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240306#Comment_3240306

    Yes.

    Having someone DC is frustrating. Having someone new to the game is equally as frustrating.

    Why would you care if bots were added to the game, if you honestly believe your matches are forever doomed to be terrible?

‹ 1 2