Solo q needs a less stiff dc penalty

Solo queue is too fog damned frustrating for it to have the same disconnect penalties as killers and stomp with friends

  • Killers tunneling at 5 gens. The person being tunneled dc's. The rest of us die.
  • Killers standing next to the hook trade-camping... "Just do five 90-second gens and escape..."
  • Survivors kiting the killer into gens being worked on, whether intentional or not
  • Lethal Pursuer Huntress and I'm the one getting a near-miss hatchet at my feet 3 seconds into the match. She tunnels Feng off the hook, twice, and I try to use For the People, but Feng has ZERO clue I have the perk, and refuses to hold still while the Jill bodyblocks the Huntress. She finally stops just around a corner in front of a pallet, leaving my ass sticking out for a hatchet, but I use For the People anyway THEN, she just stands there, blocking me in place, so I have to go way around to get into the main building. She runs in too, and then cuts me off to take the window first, making me go down. I had enough.
  • 30 minutes to kill, so I'm here typing this. If Cyberpunk didn't freeze so much, I'd be playing that instead of this event that only masks the true horror that is solo queue


Comments

  • Nah they should make the DC penality Higher 4 Soloq Survivor when u DC as a Survivor because the Game doesnt Work like u want u are going to Ruin the Game for the 4 others Players

    Also Survivor who Suicide on First Hook should also be punished

  • If you DC you should not play this game at all. Perma ban for DCing is the only solution. BHVR are way to soft on these "people"

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240311#Comment_3240311

    Why would you care if bots were added to the game, if you honestly believe your matches are forever doomed to be terrible?

    Just because one thing is bad doesn't mean we shouldn't try to fix other bad things.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240239#Comment_3240239

    No lol?

    Now I have to wait longer for a ######### match.

    @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240316#Comment_3240316

    Just because one thing is bad doesn't mean we shouldn't try to fix other bad things.

    Pick One:

    Opinion 1: Separating frequent ragequitters into separate queues won't do anything, because there are still other issues with matchmaking.

    Opinion 2: Just because one thing is bad doesn't mean we shouldn't try to fix other bad things.

  • @DBD78 said:

    If you DC you should not play this game at all. Perma ban for DCing is the only solution. BHVR are way to soft on these "people"

    Hope these “people” never have Internet problems, power outages, real life emergencies, computer crashes, or anything similar. Because, after all, they are “people” - right?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240268#Comment_3240268

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240373#Comment_3240373

    Pick One:

    Opinion 1: Separating frequent ragequitters into separate queues won't do anything, because there are still other issues with matchmaking.

    Opinion 2: Just because one thing is bad doesn't mean we shouldn't try to fix other bad things.

    What?

    Separating them will make the queues longer which is bad for everyone. Casual players will care about long ass queue times.

    You aren't fixing something, you're making it worse. At best, you're trading people who DC for long queues. Likewise, you aren't getting rid of people who hook suicide. So you really aren't doing anything

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240417#Comment_3240417

    What?

    Separating them will make the queues longer which is bad for everyone. Casual players will care about long ass queue times.

    You aren't fixing something, you're making it worse. At best, you're trading people who DC for long queues. Likewise, you aren't getting rid of people who hook suicide. So you really aren't doing anything

    And we would be trading people who DC, for longer queue times for games where people aren't ragequitting. This would be a giant boost to matchmaking, for the people that want to play each game out.


    Adding bots wouldn't be getting rid of people who ragequit either, so according to your logic, we shouldn't be adding bots.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240432#Comment_3240432

    And we would be trading people who DC, for longer queue times for games where people aren't ragequitting. This would be a giant boost to matchmaking, for the people that want to play each game out.

    Adding bots wouldn't be getting rid of people who ragequit either, so according to your logic, we shouldn't be adding bots.

    Except, you aren't getting rid of people who ragequit. You're getting rid of people who DC and splitting the queues.

    The game already has issues finding matches as it is, how the hell do you think it's going to function if we cut a large portion of the playerbase out?


    Forget what I said earlier, your suggestion will do vastly more harm than good.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240478#Comment_3240478

    Except, you aren't getting rid of people who ragequit. You're getting rid of people who DC and splitting the queues.

    The game already has issues finding matches as it is, how the hell do you think it's going to function if we cut a large portion of the playerbase out?

    Forget what I said earlier, your suggestion will do vastly more harm than good.

    It will function much better, because adding real consequences for ragequitting would lower the amount of ragequitting. Have you played other PvP games, and noticed the ragequitting rate is way lower in those games, because they have real consequences for ragequitting?

    The reason we have so much ragequitting in this game is because so many people think the current ragequitting consequences are such a joke, that they have zero hesitation to ragequit in DBD.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240490#Comment_3240490

    It will function much better, because adding real consequences for ragequitting would lower the amount of ragequitting. Have you played other PvP games, and noticed the ragequitting rate is way lower in those games, because they have real consequences for ragequitting?

    The reason we have so much ragequitting in this game is because so many people think the current ragequitting consequences are such a joke, that they have zero hesitation to ragequit in DBD.

    I wasn't aware there were a lot of other games that allow you to literally torture your opponents. Could you name a few?

  • @Nihlus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240515#Comment_3240515

    I wasn't aware there were a lot of other games that allow you to literally torture your opponents. Could you name a few?

    That's not relevant. Every PvP game has players that want to ragequit, but the ragequitting rate in other PvP games is much lower because they have meaningful consequences for ragequitting.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240490#Comment_3240490

    It will function much better, because adding real consequences for ragequitting would lower the amount of ragequitting. Have you played other PvP games, and noticed the ragequitting rate is way lower in those games, because they have real consequences for ragequitting?

    The reason we have so much ragequitting in this game is because so many people think the current ragequitting consequences are such a joke, that they have zero hesitation to ragequit in DBD.

    CoD doesn't iirc.

    Battlefield doesn't.

    OW doesn't in the majority of modes.

    For Honor doesn't in the majority of modes.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240515#Comment_3240515

    CoD doesn't iirc.

    Battlefield doesn't.

    OW doesn't in the majority of modes.

    For Honor doesn't in the majority of modes.

    That's an even better idea. DbD should have a ranked mode with real ragequitting penalties, and all the ragequitters can hang out with each other in casual mode. I can easily go an entire evening of OW2 without seeing any ragequitters, and it's so much better that way.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240606#Comment_3240606

    That's an even better idea. DbD should have a ranked mode with real ragequitting penalties, and all the ragequitters can hang out with each other in casual mode. I can easily go an entire evening of OW2 without seeing any ragequitters, and it's so much better that way.

    I mean, if you're willing to wait in a 30 minute queue in order to play the sweatiest players imaginable, go for it ig

  • @Nos37 said:

    Solo queue is too fog damned frustrating for it to have the same disconnect penalties as killers and stomp with friends

    • Killers tunneling at 5 gens. The person being tunneled dc's. The rest of us die.
    • Killers standing next to the hook trade-camping... "Just do five 90-second gens and escape..."
    • Survivors kiting the killer into gens being worked on, whether intentional or not
    • Lethal Pursuer Huntress and I'm the one getting a near-miss hatchet at my feet 3 seconds into the match. She tunnels Feng off the hook, twice, and I try to use For the People, but Feng has ZERO clue I have the perk, and refuses to hold still while the Jill bodyblocks the Huntress. She finally stops just around a corner in front of a pallet, leaving my ass sticking out for a hatchet, but I use For the People anyway THEN, she just stands there, blocking me in place, so I have to go way around to get into the main building. She runs in too, and then cuts me off to take the window first, making me go down. I had enough.
    • 30 minutes to kill, so I'm here typing this. If Cyberpunk didn't freeze so much, I'd be playing that instead of this event that only masks the true horror that is solo queue

    Whats with these survivor mains...?

    Guys, you're not playing an arcade game for 1 player, when you can DC and turn off the game whenever you please.

    You're playing Online Multiplayer pvp game.

    More so... You're playing in a team of other players. By Dcing from matches, you're ruining your teammates expirience.

    You guys ever played Dota 2 or LoL? Do you DC from these games as well?

    Like... ######### are you talking about? Don't have a mentality of "I brought this game, so I can DC whenever I feel like I don't have fun."

    Or when you playing against a killer you don't like.

    My guy, I brought Overwatch long ago, I spend more money than I spend on DBD... And I never in my life DC from it, even when I didn't have fun, or the enemy team picked Hamster or whatever character...

    If you DCing from games coz of such reasons, don't play this game. Stop ruining others expirience.

    Get rid of that mentality of "If I don't have fun, no one will have".

  • No one's having fun as survivor. Why do you think it CONSTANTLY has the 100% BP Queue bonus?? No one's queueing as survivor.

    Why do you think survivors start giving up on hook as soon as the DC penalty's re-enabled? Instant survivor queue. Why stick around in a bad match when they can simply and quickly go next?

  • @Nos37 said:

    No one's having fun as survivor. Why do you think it CONSTANTLY has the 100% BP Queue bonus?? No one's queueing as survivor.

    Why do you think survivors start giving up on hook as soon as the DC penalty's re-enabled? Instant survivor queue. Why stick around in a bad match when they can simply and quickly go next?

    It's not a constant bonus. I've seen Killer later on at night. It's also a fallacy to state that since a Killer bonus would only kick in if less than 20% of the players are playing Killers. If less than 1 in 5 people are queuing for a specific role for more than a few hours at a time there's a huge problem magnified by the fact that advertising for the game doesn't rely on Quentin for example but rather Freddy for the Nightmare on Elm Street chapter.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240524#Comment_3240524

    That's not relevant. Every PvP game has players that want to ragequit, but the ragequitting rate in other PvP games is much lower because they have meaningful consequences for ragequitting.

    Thank you for proving my point. No other game has this level of problem with its' design that people would rather quit than play in a meaningful percentage of games. Again, you are trying to beat a solution to the symptoms of the problem and not the problem itself. All you care about is your fun and screw everyone else.

  • The point is that no one would BEHAVE this way in person, or they wouldn't be in the game in the first place. See, you get away with being a toxic because the matchmaking is random. If you could be blocked for beign toxic, queue times would be insanely long as most of this community would only be playing with the other toxic people. I'll give you a hint, it isn't the people DC'ing.

    If your friend plays in a way that's horrible for everyone else in the game. He's not getting invited to play anymore. Period.

  • wanna know something crazy


    it was for me

  • I'm sorry it was worse for you then?

  • @Nihlus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3240537#Comment_3240537

    Thank you for proving my point. No other game has this level of problem with its' design that people would rather quit than play in a meaningful percentage of games. Again, you are trying to beat a solution to the symptoms of the problem and not the problem itself. All you care about is your fun and screw everyone else.

    It's not a problem of design. It's a problem that the ragequitting penalties aren't strong enough for the players in this game. There are other games with much harsher ragequitting penalties, and it helped a lot. I can go an entire evening of Overwatch without anybody ragequitting, and judging by what people scream through their microphones, I'd say there's a lot of toxicity going on in that game.

    The other problem is the DBD mods don't remind people that it's unsportmanship conduct to ragequit, anywhere near often as much as they should. We have entire forum threads filled with people admitting to ragequitting, and defending ragequitting it, but I don't see any mods coming in to tell people to stop. We also have a lot of streamers that will publicly declare on recorded video that they ragequit, and they tell us exactly why they're ragequitting, and nothing happens to them.

    And the people that ragequit are the problem. There are 5 people in each game, and when someone ragequits, they ruin the game for the other 4 people. We should not be catering to these people by giving them bots, so they can feel even less guilty about ragequitting, and they can be more encourage to ragequit more often.

  • @Nihlus said:

    The point is that no one would BEHAVE this way in person, or they wouldn't be in the game in the first place. See, you get away with being a toxic because the matchmaking is random. If you could be blocked for beign toxic, queue times would be insanely long as most of this community would only be playing with the other toxic people. I'll give you a hint, it isn't the people DC'ing.

    If your friend plays in a way that's horrible for everyone else in the game. He's not getting invited to play anymore. Period.

    Sort of like how nobody would play with ragequitters if they had a choice? Is that what you're referring to?

  • Full stop the game is 100% more enjoyable with the freedom not to be held hostage by troglodytes.

  • just don't understand the logic behind "well it's alright since it was completely fine for me"


    the equivalent of saying "I do fine against nurse, so it must be fine for everyone else"

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3241071#Comment_3241071

    just don't understand the logic behind "well it's alright since it was completely fine for me"

    the equivalent of saying "I do fine against nurse, so it must be fine for everyone else"

    The person I was responding to said "well, we know how the game is with penalties off" and i shared my own experience.

1 2 ›