Where's the Optimization Patch?
Is there going to be a separate patch coming out before the end of December as the "Optimization Patch"? I've been waiting a long time for it, since I play on console. Playing killer is nice and all, but playing killer with over 30 fps? That's NICE! Just wondering.
EDIT2:
The Answer, so far? It's not coming. We'll be seeing it in chunks, I assume.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Ask them on today's dev stream, I know I will be doing so too.
Hopefully we get some info and/or confirmation it's still comming in December as there's only a couple of weeks left.
Hey if you play Xbox, look out for me once the patch is out since there's a 70% chance I'll return to xbox. Also I'll be called SecretSp___x7 so look out for me
There's already an optimization patch it's called: Get a pc
I do in fact play xbox. I'm one of the xbox veterans, been playing since dbd's release (on xbox). My GT is The Anti Jelly.
SecretSphinx7 for me.
You're a funny guy. I'm sure everyone can afford a $1000 gtx 2080, just like you.
Been playing since 2 months after console release. Once the optimization patch has come, I'd love to SWF if ur down for it or play some KYF.
Sure, 100%! I'm up for anything. Can't play killer anyways, rank one matchmaking takes like 15 minutes just to find 4 survivors.
Highest I got as killer was rank 8 and highest I got as survivor was rank 2 I think then I went to PC. Once the patch is out tag me in this and remind me to add you. I live in the UK so if our times match up since I got uni and I'm sort of busy, then we'll do SWF^^
Just left the dev stream where they said that optimisation is a PASS (not a patch) and that it's... (wait for it) an "ongoing process" so I wouldn't hold your breath for a patch to fix the frame rate in the next 2 weeks of December.
I don't want to complain too much because the unreal engine upgrade made the game run better for me (especially as killer) on Xbox One "X" for sure so I'll keep the faith... for now.
We may see more improvements to performance in December or we may not, it's an "ongoing process" (the first of which was the unreal engine upgrade) so who knows when
With the new engine, everything got even worse
I am really curious whats gonna happen for midchapter
F
Well, sort of. Before the upgrade, fps was kind of all over the place. Now that they updated the engine, the fps is more consistent, buuuuut....it is definitely worse.
The problem is all the moving objects ie. grass, sparks, leaves, etc. It's bogging down the engine, especially since the entire map is consantly loaded for every player, it puts a lot of strain on GPU I think.
What we need are graphic settings
Along all the things they said, they also mentioned that the December Patch would be the foundation for an FPS optimization. I guess the Unreal engine version update was what they were referring to. That's done now and christmas & end of the year are getting closer (holiday season), so don't expect any major advances in the upcoming days or weeks.
Dumb answer and dumb reason.
Why a console player will get a PC just to play a bad optimized game ? Cuz yeah every other game runs fine.
Forget it, they "pass" as they said on twitch.
"Pass not a Patch" said Mcote which means they passed on it cuz there is no term pass in development/gaming.
For the last 6 months the game has been broken on console, getting worse each patch. And every time someone brought it up they said “there’s gonna be a big optimization patch in December, be patient.”
Now we're being told that it’s not a “patch”, while given some vague information on the road ahead.
Yeah. Console's so bad there's a 15 minute wait time for killers at rank one, and console fps is between 15-30
According to this, it was due in December.
According to yesterdays Dev stream though?
We aren't getting one. It'll be a "pass" instead of "patch" and it started with the engine update (even though that made it worse for a bunch of people lol).
Feeling like the redheaded stepchild over here in console land
Yeah, idk why this keeps happening but the devs keep saying things in the stream, then taking it back THREE MONTHS LATER. It feels like deja vu every time something like this happens.
Not sure. Can't find anything on what a "pass" means in videogame development terms. I think it's some codeword BHVR has.
It's not only needed for consoles, a lot of pc players are waiting for it urgently
Pass (păs)
v. passed, pass·ing, pass·es
v.tr.
To cause (the bowels) to evacuate.
Best definition I could find for what's happening to console players
But really, just seems like a cop out because they didn't actually have a team working on console optimization like promised, or they did but they didn't get enough accomplished in time for the promised big December patch.
If not is it still coming in December?
@not_Queen
@Patricia
@MandyTalk
The optimisation pass is an ongoing process. The first step is the Unreal Engine Update - which was the main "patch" , from now, optimization will be an ongoing process.
This was the information given in the Dev Stream this week.
You dont need a battlestation to run DBD, its really not that expensive
Too true, but that myth helps keep consoles in the market, despite their obvious inferiority.
I was so disgusted with the PS3 and its overheating issues that I never bought a console again after that
It really is. You get more bang for your buck if you get a PC.
Here's the thing, though: a gaming computer, if you build one yourself and don't "shoot for the moon", can cost as little as a console. Furthermore, keep in mind that even if you buy a console, you will still need a computer for personal use, whereas if you buy a computer, you kill two birds with one stone.
If consoles really were better, don't you think people who know this stuff would buy them instead of spending a ton more money on a top-tier PC?
Now on the other hand, you're right. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg for a PC but, (and this is a legitimate question because I have never played on a PC) wouldn't buying a cheap gaming PC = Console quality? If so, whats the point? If not then please, fill me in on what I can search up to upgrade because I would love to look into it.
I meant "better" in terms of price-to-quality ratio.
The point is that consoles are still more expensive than a cheap gaming PC. Off the top of my head:
There’s very little learning curve when it comes to console. Buy a console, buy a game, play a game. Maybe buy a membership if what you’re playing requires it.
However on the PC side, things are immediately more complicated. What GPU and CPU do I need for the games I want to play? Is the motherboard I bought compatible with my CPU? What about my memory? Where should I buy parts? What is the difference between AMD and Nvidia? What about AMD and Intel?
There’s a plethora of questions a person has to ask when building a PC, especially for the first time. And even if we are to remove that from the equation then a whole new set of problems arise.
How much should I pay for a premade PC? Will it have everything I need? What if it has a problem?
Once you get into PC gaming and understand the basics of parts and their importance, as well as learning about necessary programs, etc. everything smooths out.
However at the very start there’s no contest which is easier to understand. Additionally while a PC may very well save you more down the line, a consoles upfront cost is definitely cheaper.
You buy a console, by default you know it can play everything available on the store without a second thought. Now some games play worse than others, but the same is for PC.
That's probably it. Explains Apple as well. It's amazing how consumers would rather get shafted than learn about the things they're using.
And in the case of consoles, it’s not all for convenience.
After all, you’re not gonna be able to play newest Zelda or Smash on a PC unless you participate in some unsavory practices.
You asked two questions. One was if a cheap gaming PC was equal to a console. The other was conditional on the first one having a positive answer. I answered the second one; implicitly, the answer to the first one was "Yes".
My bad, I missed it.
If you want a cheap PC, you don't buy a pre-built one. You get parts and put them together yourself. It's not as complicated as it looks. If you can read (manuals), aren't colorblind (this is not a joke; some cables are color-coded), and have played with blocks in kindergarten, you can assemble a computer.