Lots of DCs today, why though?

I noticed a ton of DCs today. Some DC right when the match started. Did something happen?

Comments

  • DC penalty was turned off so

    A hex totem being cleansed

    a gen being done

    going down first

    being found first

    being hooked first

    not getting a killer you like

    not getting a map you like=DC

  • Penalties are off, for one thing.

  • DCs spike whenever the penalty is turned off. People feel entitled to shop for their matches when they aren't punished for it and it'll get worse as more players realize they have the freedom to do it right now.

  • Wow, they didn’t even say anything. Well good to know. I never thought they should have implemented a DC penalty with how much hacking they had in their game to begin with.

  • I mean, this has happened to me and my friends a couple of times today.

    https://youtu.be/K-wAR5xyFaY

    Game just closes. The Killer and I got no BP or rewards from the game.

  • @roundpitt said:

    Wow, they didn’t even say anything. Well good to know. I never thought they should have implemented a DC penalty with how much hacking they had in their game to begin with.

    They intentionally didn't say anything because it will end with no trial reaching an end because someone will nearly always prematurely quit because the round didn't go the way they liked.

    That's why DBD just like all other online pvp games NEEDS the leaver penalty to punish the spineless kids that want their cherry picked games.

    Any while yes, hacker are a problem in all online games, their number is insignificant in Relation to the number of people DCing if they know that they won't get penalized for leaving.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I mean, this has happened to me and my friends a couple of times today.

    https://youtu.be/K-wAR5xyFaY

    Game just closes. The Killer and I got no BP or rewards from the game.

    I had something similar recently. We were playing against an infamous Evir Incarnate Shape (so both iris). Shape managed to activate EW3 on me, I wanted to jump into a locker to avoid insta-mori, I guess the killer activated the mori at the same time. Game froze for me like half a minute, then it showed us the end screen, with the killer and me having DCed apparently. The other players got their BPs :-/.

  • Good thing to remove the penalty. Why?

    • Hackers
    • Campers
    • Tunnelers
    • SWF

    Simple as that. Finally, something to get rid of the people saying "just do gens" phrase.

  • Penalties are off. So people abuse it ad nauseum.

    Now imagine for a second, that the devs would turn the dc penalty off permanently. Game would become unplayable. As everyone would constantly dc whenever they encounter something they don´t enjoy.

  • @squirtinq said:

    Good thing to remove the penalty. Why?

    • Hackers
    • Campers
    • Tunnelers
    • SWF

    Simple as that. Finally, something to get rid of the people saying "just do gens" phrase.

    Uhm. Only hackers are a valid reason to dc from that list. Otherwise camping, tunneling and SWF are part of the game and if you are unable to handle it, don’t ready up in the first place.

  • @squirtinq said:

    Good thing to remove the penalty. Why?

    • Hackers
    • Campers
    • Tunnelers
    • SWF

    Simple as that. Finally, something to get rid of the people saying "just do gens" phrase.

    So you’re one of those people who dc st everything uh?

  • @squirtinq said:

    Good thing to remove the penalty. Why?

    • Hackers
    • Campers
    • Tunnelers
    • SWF

    Simple as that. Finally, something to get rid of the people saying "just do gens" phrase.

    Hackers => Not so many to warrant to risk no trial to ever finish without a DC out of entitlement

    The rest => Just no, all part of the game.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Penalties are off. So people abuse it ad nauseum.

    Now imagine for a second, that the devs would turn the dc penalty off permanently. Game would become unplayable. As everyone would constantly dc whenever they encounter something they don´t enjoy.

    Just imagine it would be officially announced!

    Right now it is only the fraction that uses forums and the ones that noticed it.

    I would argue that maybe half or less of all players know it right now. (I could be wrong since i don't use social media and don't know if it has made waves there already)

  • had 3x disconnected from the server today. no idea why. my internet connection is fine.

  • There might be a problem with the server that disconnects people at random. That's probably the reason

    Sneakilly i hope nothing actually is wrong and they turned off the penalties but not the detection of it. So everyone who mass dced gets 72+ hour bans after it gets reanabled to teach them a lesson. But that's a cruel fantasy

  • Penalties are turned off and, knowing that it won't last, people are taking every minor inconvenience as a sign to DC.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    There might be a problem with the server that disconnects people at random. That's probably the reason

    Sneakilly i hope nothing actually is wrong and they turned off the penalties but not the detection of it. So everyone who mass dced gets 72+ hour bans after it gets reanabled to teach them a lesson. But that's a cruel fantasy

    There's definitely server issues.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3232236#Comment_3232236

    Just imagine it would be officially announced!

    Right now it is only the fraction that uses forums and the ones that noticed it.

    I would argue that maybe half or less of all players know it right now. (I could be wrong since i don't use social media and don't know if it has made waves there already)

    No one would be able to finish a game normally. One of the 2 sides would dc for the smallest inconvenience.

    There is a reason why we had the penalty in the first place.

  • I've had an almost 1:1 DC rate every game played today. What a magical solo q experience

  • The thing I don't get is I have seen a lot of killers camping and tunnelling off hook at 5 gens and generally playing in a really scummy way. So with DC penalties being off, what do they expect will happen when they play like this?

    I mean, I guess it is an easy win but as killer I don't want to win because I played like an ######### and someone left early on

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Penalties are turned off and, knowing that it won't last, people are taking every minor inconvenience as a sign to DC.

    Sorry but people would take any minor inconvenience no matter what. Permanent or temporary shut off don't matter.

    Turn them off for good and you kill the game.

    A big portion of this community has grown way too serious (not a bad thing in my pov since i don't like the Fortnite good off mentality in semi serious games like DBD or r6s for example) but also impatient and entitled at the same time.

  • @squirtinq said:

    Good thing to remove the penalty. Why?

    • Hackers
    • Campers
    • Tunnelers
    • SWF

    Simple as that. Finally, something to get rid of the people saying "just do gens" phrase.

    - not enough to justify turning the penalties off

    - boo hoo

    - same as above

    - let me play the smallest violin in the world for you

  • I have given up even trying for any event crap because of the DCs....I have had matchest where entire teams all DC when they see me play Spirit, Vommy Mommy, or Huntress....if I play basic weak M1 Killers then they run ruff shot over me and that ain't fun either.

    I'm actually about done with DbD as a whole. BHVR really needs to either extend the event or compensate players for how horrible this event has been because of current issues.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    I have given up even trying for any event crap because of the DCs....I have had matchest where entire teams all DC when they see me play Spirit, Vommy Mommy, or Huntress....if I play basic weak M1 Killers then they run ruff shot over me and that ain't fun either.

    I'm actually about done with DbD as a whole. BHVR really needs to either extend the event or compensate players for how horrible this event has been because of current issues.

    This event is much easier as survivor. All you need to do is 60% of a gen, bank your 15 energy and repeat.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3232334#Comment_3232334

    This event is much easier as survivor. All you need to do is 60% of a gen, bank your 15 energy and repeat.

    Not when everyone else DCs because they are entitled babies and your left by yourself and the Killer wants what little void energy and downs and hooks you....that has been my soloQ experience....so again I have given up on this event like the stupid mask event where both sides decided to ruin it for everyone else.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3232272#Comment_3232272

    Sorry but people would take any minor inconvenience no matter what. Permanent or temporary shut off don't matter.

    Turn them off for good and you kill the game.

    A big portion of this community has grown way too serious (not a bad thing in my pov since i don't like the Fortnite good off mentality in semi serious games like DBD or r6s for example) but also impatient and entitled at the same time.

    The DC's recently have been substantially more common than when there was no penalty (that was, what, Feb 2020 just before lockdown and just after they implemented Dedicated Servers for the first time? Memory's a bit foggy but it's from around then). I don't know if I'm just misremembering 2017-2019 but it feels like there were so many fewer disconnects back then (it was like 1 every 3 games for me at it's peak) than currently (where a minor inconvenience to 1 player causes all 4 to instantly dip), so either my brain has gone crazy with the nostalgia or it's because a lot of older players have left and a lot of newer players have joined who have never been without a penalty so are taking full advantage of it knowing that it won't be gone for good.

    I'll take that tinfoil hat now.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3232316#Comment_3232316

    The DC's recently have been substantially more common than when there was no penalty (that was, what, Feb 2020 just before lockdown and just after they implemented Dedicated Servers for the first time? Memory's a bit foggy but it's from around then). I don't know if I'm just misremembering 2017-2019 but it feels like there were so many fewer disconnects back then (it was like 1 every 3 games for me at it's peak) than currently (where a minor inconvenience to 1 player causes all 4 to instantly dip), so either my brain has gone crazy with the nostalgia or it's because a lot of older players have left and a lot of newer players have joined who have never been without a penalty so are taking full advantage of it knowing that it won't be gone for good.

    I'll take that tinfoil hat now.

    That's what I mean. On one side the older player have learned how to play this game to a serious degree and the newer player come from a generation i would call the "Fortnite kiddies", even if that is really necessary and too generalized.

    Players nowadays are way to prone to through in the towel in my eyes.

    I am 33 and consider myself "old" in the gaming scene, i notice my reflexes in shooter and so on not being what they used to. But in my "youth" it FELT as if people didn't tap out of games at the drop of a hat, at least in my gaming circles.

  • Well, I’ll say that I’ve seen more people actually disconnecting (ie., not their fault) in the last week than I have in an entire year, so there’s definitely something going on.

  • @roundpitt said:

    I noticed a ton of DCs today. Some DC right when the match started. Did something happen?

    Yeah, the DC penalty got turned off

  • @squirtinq said:

    Good thing to remove the penalty. Why?

    • Hackers
    • Campers
    • Tunnelers
    • SWF

    Simple as that. Finally, something to get rid of the people saying "just do gens" phrase.

    Literally the only problem in that list is hackers, everything else is fair play

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    DC penalty was turned off so

    A hex totem being cleansed

    a gen being done

    going down first

    being found first

    being hooked first

    not getting a killer you like

    not getting a map you like=DC

    Can´t find a survivor

    Cant down a survivor (fast enough)

    someone was pallet-saved

    someone was flashlight-saved

    someone was hookfarming

    killer was tunneling

    killer was camping

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3232235#Comment_3232235

    Uhm. Only hackers are a valid reason to dc from that list. Otherwise camping, tunneling and SWF are part of the game and if you are unable to handle it, don’t ready up in the first place.

    Many would say otherwise.

  • Who's many, its gonna be just you and DBD twitter.

  • The people who DC over camping, tunneling or SWFs should play single player games instead.