TLDR: SHADY BHVR BUSINESS TACTICS

I recently got a PS5… hooray… loaded DBD no Nancy or Steve or DEMOGORGON!!!! I am OUTRAGED. I contacted the geniuses at BHVR and they told me to contact PlayStation because they can’t do anything… spent an hour on the phone with PlayStation… who then told me to contact the developer… what kind of shenanigans are these?

what type of legitimate game developer would release content without securing the players who PURCHASED IT’S right to PLAY WHAT THEY PURCHASED? Why do I have to suffer because you guys didn’t make a good enough contract to protect the content for players? Why do I have to contact you guys to be able to play the content I purchased? Why wouldn’t you just give out vouchers to everyone who has stranger things content to prevent this?


im not sure what I expect to get out of this post, but thanks for joining my Ted talk. I joined to to vent about BHVR. Yes.


edit: as someone who has spent hundreds on this game… the response I’ve gotten from BHVR is really disappointing.

Comments

  • Ps. I previously had the night mare edition on PS4

  • Ah feel for you, I'd be incensed if i lost my stranger things content to something like that. I think i remember reading about an issue to do with ps4 to ps5 stranger things carry over. Only got the game in august, and was determined to get the stranger things content. Luckily i found an xbox physical copy of the nightmare edition, only way to get it on xbox and it functions on the series X. I hope you're able to get your content back.

  • Check your add-ons you might just need to redownload it again.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    Ah feel for you, I'd be incensed if i lost my stranger things content to something like that. I think i remember reading about an issue to do with ps4 to ps5 stranger things carry over. Only got the game in august, and was determined to get the stranger things content. Luckily i found an xbox physical copy of the nightmare edition, only way to get it on xbox and it functions on the series X. I hope you're able to get your content back.

    Thank you. I had red scratchmarks on all my ST characters. Demo is one of the only killers I like to play. It sucks that I may lose out on that forever for ps5.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    Check your add-ons you might just need to redownload it again.

    You cannot download it from the PlayStation store anymore. BHVR told me there’s nothing they can do because they cannot give out vouchers anymore. Even though I’ve spent millions of blood points and spent actual money on these characters. There’s was no way to know to get a voucher before a said date unless you were constantly on these forums.

  • Have you tried downloading the DLC upgrade from the PS store.

    This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game. STRANGER THINGS is a brand-new Chapter for Dead by Daylight that features a new Killer and two new Survivors. The Entity descends upon the midwestern town of Hawkins, Indiana as Stranger Things, the critically acclaimed Netflix Original Series, enters the realm of Dead by Daylight. The Stranger Things Chapter includes a new map, the Underground Complex, located below the Hawkins National Laboratory. A Demogorgon is the new untamable Killer. Against the Demogorgon stands not one, but two new Survivors Nancy Wheeler, a tough aspiring journalist, and Steve Harrington, a former high school jock with a knack for finding trouble. The Stranger Things Chapter also features two exclusive cosmetic items Steve’s Scuffed Rolled Sleeves and Nancy’s Torn Sweatshirt. If you already own the PS4™ version of this game, you can get the PS5™ digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PS4™ disc copy must insert it into the PS5™ every time they want to download or play the PS5™ digital version. PS4™ game disc owners who buy the PS5™ Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5™ version at no extra cost.


  • @bm33 said:

    Have you tried downloading the DLC upgrade from the PS store.

    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3509-PPSA02048_00-CHAPTERQATAR0000

    21FA0BA4-54CE-481B-BAFA-89800A53AB98.png

    It is not available for me. I had the nightmare edition disc for ps4.

  • @aliensuperrstar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3219965#Comment_3219965

    Thank you. I had red scratchmarks on all my ST characters. Demo is one of the only killers I like to play. It sucks that I may lose out on that forever for ps5.

    Yh demo is my main killer too. Does the nightmare edition disc not work on your ps 5?

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3219971#Comment_3219971

    Yh demo is my main killer too. Does the nightmare edition disc not work on your ps 5?

    It installs the ps4 version only, it won’t transfer to ps5 version. Why should I have to play older version?

  • According to FAQ on upgrading to next gen you need to get an upgrade voucher from support. Says vouchers were only valid until March 2022, although since PS5 have been difficult to get I would argue with them that it's not your fault you couldn't get your hands on a PS5 before March 2022.

    XBOX SERIES X|S I’m an XB1 user, am I eligible for an upgrade? We recommend you refer to some of Microsoft’s own documentation, such as https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/15/what-is-smart-delivery-xbox-series-x/ Will my progress be carried over from XB1 to Next Gen? Yes! So long as you are using the same account that you…


  • @aliensuperrstar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3219969#Comment_3219969

    You cannot download it from the PlayStation store anymore. BHVR told me there’s nothing they can do because they cannot give out vouchers anymore. Even though I’ve spent millions of blood points and spent actual money on these characters. There’s was no way to know to get a voucher before a said date unless you were constantly on these forums.

    Just asking, but you are using the same account that you had on your PS4?

    Did you transfer everything from your PS4 to your PS5?

    I too bought the Stanger things chapter on the PS4 and everything moved over when I got my PS5

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3219977#Comment_3219977

    According to FAQ on upgrading to next gen you need to get an upgrade voucher from support. Says vouchers were only valid until March 2022, although since PS5 have been difficult to get I would argue with them that it's not your fault you couldn't get your hands on a PS5 before March 2022.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/268-f-a-q-next-gen-upgrade

    Exactly. Most people don’t have a PS5. Those who want a ps5, it’s very hard to have access to buy one. I didn’t even know I would be getting a ps5 when I did. So why is the consumer being punished?

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3219977#Comment_3219977

    According to FAQ on upgrading to next gen you need to get an upgrade voucher from support. Says vouchers were only valid until March 2022, although since PS5 have been difficult to get I would argue with them that it's not your fault you couldn't get your hands on a PS5 before March 2022.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/268-f-a-q-next-gen-upgrade

    This is total BS. Hope you can get your ST cosmetics back.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3219972#Comment_3219972

    Just asking, but you are using the same account that you had on your PS4?

    Did you transfer everything from your PS4 to your PS5?

    I too bought the Stanger things chapter on the PS4 and everything moved over when I got my PS5

    Well the thing is I didn’t have the actual chapter, just the disc. And yes I did transfer everything, the only way for me to access ST content is the ps4 version

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3219994#Comment_3219994

    This is total BS. Hope you can get your ST cosmetics back.

    I even suggested to BHVR support that I would be fine if they just gave me the blood points and cell equivalent for everything I’ve purchased… but they didn’t even entertain that idea, when I’m the one missing content that I purchased

  • @aliensuperrstar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3219994#Comment_3219994

    Exactly. Most people don’t have a PS5. Those who want a ps5, it’s very hard to have access to buy one. I didn’t even know I would be getting a ps5 when I did. So why is the consumer being punished?

    You should reach out to support again with the FAQ and tell them that you didn't get a PS5 until recently so you need the voucher since your copy is the Nightmare Edition on disc. Point out the FAQ says to reach out to them for a voucher not PS.

  • @aliensuperrstar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3219995#Comment_3219995

    Well the thing is I didn’t have the actual chapter, just the disc. And yes I did transfer everything, the only way for me to access ST content is the ps4 version

    I see, your talking about this?⬇️

    image.png

    Yeah I'm going to say that's just a PS4 exclusive.

  • Also the PS5 version is far superior to the PS4 when it comes to loading, lag, response, among other things. From my experience.

  • wkCeqeM[1].png

    We do have this explained in the FAQ that we have for the Stranger Things content, you are still able to play with the content on the PS5 but using the PS4 game on there - however as our Support team has already advised we no longer are able to give out vouchers for PS5 content itself on the PS5.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OGZWY3I2IPFB/wkceqem-5b1-5d.png

    We do have this explained in the FAQ that we have for the Stranger Things content, you are still able to play with the content on the PS5 but using the PS4 game on there - however as our Support team has already advised we no longer are able to give out vouchers for PS5 content itself on the PS5.

    That's dumb. PS5's are harder to get than a really good gaming pc. I'm a prime example of that.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OGZWY3I2IPFB/wkceqem-5b1-5d.png

    We do have this explained in the FAQ that we have for the Stranger Things content, you are still able to play with the content on the PS5 but using the PS4 game on there - however as our Support team has already advised we no longer are able to give out vouchers for PS5 content itself on the PS5.

    Wow this policy makes so much sense when most people didn’t even and still don’t even have a PS5. So I guess I need to be clairvoyant like Mikeala to know that I would have needed a voucher. Wow you guys are something else.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OGZWY3I2IPFB/wkceqem-5b1-5d.png

    We do have this explained in the FAQ that we have for the Stranger Things content, you are still able to play with the content on the PS5 but using the PS4 game on there - however as our Support team has already advised we no longer are able to give out vouchers for PS5 content itself on the PS5.

    Also, how do you expect a casual gamer to have seen this information? Most players don’t even know there is a forum. Wouldn’t it be better to just reach out to players or preemptively give out vouchers? Or maybe that makes too much sense

  • Yeah unless you go back to ps4, don't expect a chance to play demo again

  • @aliensuperrstar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220603#Comment_3220603

    Also, how do you expect a casual gamer to have seen this information? Most players don’t even know there is a forum. Wouldn’t it be better to just reach out to players or preemptively give out vouchers? Or maybe that makes too much sense

    We had in-game news at the time with regards to cross progression and also the Stranger Things removals - so we did reach out to players, it was also across all our social media channels advising players and directing to our blogposts and FAQ's on this matter.

    There is also a direct link in game to the forum and to the customer support website.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220805#Comment_3220805

    We had in-game news at the time with regards to cross progression and also the Stranger Things removals - so we did reach out to players, it was also across all our social media channels advising players and directing to our blogposts and FAQ's on this matter.

    There is also a direct link in game to the forum and to the customer support website.

    this is stupid. if you paid for it, you should keep it, or get a refund. end of.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220805#Comment_3220805

    We had in-game news at the time with regards to cross progression and also the Stranger Things removals - so we did reach out to players, it was also across all our social media channels advising players and directing to our blogposts and FAQ's on this matter.

    There is also a direct link in game to the forum and to the customer support website.

    This is dumb. I wouldn’t have known I was getting a ps5 at the time of these news. I don’t follow DBD on socials media. If you guys signed that bad of a contact, why can’t you guys just give me cells/blood points and get on with your day?

  • @Mandy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OGZWY3I2IPFB/wkceqem-5b1-5d.png

    We do have this explained in the FAQ that we have for the Stranger Things content, you are still able to play with the content on the PS5 but using the PS4 game on there - however as our Support team has already advised we no longer are able to give out vouchers for PS5 content itself on the PS5.

    That is absolutely disgusting.

  • While I agree it's pretty bad there's no longer support for physical copies and the only response given is a "sorry but you're outta luck", I wouldn't be so quick to berate BHVR for this. I would suspect this has more to do with the deals they made with Netflix when it came to closing the license and that they no longer legally have the ability to provide vouchers regardless of whether they want to or not.

    That this all coincided with a time PS5s were barely available is... extremely unfortunate.

    I will say that DBD's news filtration can sometimes be pretty bad in that it often requires players to pay attention to the game's social media (or have a social media presence at all) instead of releasing important information through the game itself. This probably should have been in the in-game news.

  • @Laluzi said:

    While I agree it's pretty bad there's no longer support for physical copies and the only response given is a "sorry but you're outta luck", I wouldn't be so quick to berate BHVR for this. I would suspect this has more to do with the deals they made with Netflix when it came to closing the license and that they no longer legally have the ability to provide vouchers regardless of whether they want to or not.

    That this all coincided with a time PS5s were barely available is... extremely unfortunate.

    I will say that DBD's news filtration can sometimes be pretty bad in that it often requires players to pay attention to the game's social media (or have a social media presence at all) instead of releasing important information through the game itself. This probably should have been in the in-game news.

    there is an easy solution. Give those who can’t play what they PAID FOR enough cells to buy a chapter and enough blood points to compensate for how much they leveled up.

  • @aliensuperrstar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221043#Comment_3221043

    there is an easy solution. Give those who can’t play what they PAID FOR enough cells to buy a chapter and enough blood points to compensate for how much they leveled up.

    Sounds fair to me. BHVR needs to improve their cross-progression system in general.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221048#Comment_3221048

    Sounds fair to me. BHVR needs to improve their cross-progression system in general.

    The only problem with this is BHVR is shown to not be good at stuff like this as evidenced by the leatherface fiasco where some people took months to get the shards they were promised. Also I doubt bhvr would give away real money

  • @jinx3d said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3220815#Comment_3220815

    this is stupid. if you paid for it, you should keep it, or get a refund. end of.

    you can play with it, you can play with it on the PS4 platform on the PS5

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221028#Comment_3221028

    you can play with it, you can play with it on the PS4 platform on the PS5

    That is not a solution.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221028#Comment_3221028

    you can play with it, you can play with it on the PS4 platform on the PS5

    The PS4 version is laggy and freezes constantly. Is it too much to understand that most games don’t have this issue? Is it too hard for you guys to part with your precious blood points? How is this customer service?

  • so basically they are saying "sucks to sucks thanks for the buck"

  • @Ravenlord4711 said:

    so basically they are saying "sucks to sucks thanks for the buck"

    That's good, imma start using that. It's true though.

  • the customer service of BHVR is impeccable.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221028#Comment_3221028

    you can play with it, you can play with it on the PS4 platform on the PS5

    I know you're just the messenger here, but that's pretty weak sauce, honestly. It's the same account, they should have access to what they paid for. I was fortunate enough to get a PS5 early on and my ST purchases were easily accessible, people who weren't as lucky shouldn't get shafted.

    The performance upgrade from PS4 to PS5 is significant, having to play the lesser iteration to use what you paid for would feel pretty bad.

    Maybe ST will come back and it can be water under the bridge, but not having thought of contingencies for this beforehand is either a massive brain fart or just brazenly poor customer service.

    If it is a situation where this was simply an oversight that can't be rectified, a mea culpa would be more appropriate. If it simply can't be done, people in this predicament should be given some sort of "return"/compensation option for the inaccessible content.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221028#Comment_3221028

    you can play with it, you can play with it on the PS4 platform on the PS5

    You do acknowledge that you're saying "you can still use it, but only on an inferior system with significant performance issues that will likely never be dealt with", right? Honestly, Mandy, I know you're just the messenger, but this is not a good look

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221028#Comment_3221028

    you can play with it, you can play with it on the PS4 platform on the PS5

    Translation:

    "We dont care, atleast we got your money. Duh."

  • Mandy is just the messenger so please stop shooting her.

    Also we are talking about a licensed chapter that the owners of didn't want to have the rights renewed to BHVR. So BHVR can't do much to help out because they don't have rights to that content anymore. Because of that they can't give out vouchers or able to "give" the content to players who owns in on a older system. Netflix should be the ones that get your ire not BHVR who's hands are tied by legal tape

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    Mandy is just the messenger so please stop shooting her.

    Also we are talking about a licensed chapter that the owners of didn't want to have the rights renewed to BHVR. So BHVR can't do much to help out because they don't have rights to that content anymore. Because of that they can't give out vouchers or able to "give" the content to players who owns in on a older system. Netflix should be the ones that get your ire not BHVR who's hands are tied by legal tape

    but what they can do is rectify it with what they do have control over… which is BPs and Cells/Shards

  • @drakolyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221120#Comment_3221120

    Translation:

    "We dont care, atleast we got your money. Duh."

    DUH! Now go get ready to buy our limited time Halloween cosmetics before you miss out on that too!

  • @aliensuperrstar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221425#Comment_3221425

    but what they can do is rectify it with what they do have control over… which is BPs and Cells/Shards

    Yes but we also don't know what legal BS Netflix did to lockdown the ST Chapter. Netflix is not that good of a company and I bet you that they tried to even take away the content from all of us who bought it. They could of even locked down any compensation to be given out because that could be seen as a transaction regarding their content.

    Not don't get me wrong it sucks your copy of the content is on the PS4 copy but as long as the PS4 copy is still being supported and connect to the servers thers not much that cN be done since you still "own" a copy of the content.

    That's why I hate anything dealing with licensed chapters because the owners control all the rights to the characters and can just revoke the rights given to BHVR whenever they feel like it. That's why I want more OC content because there won't be any fear of it getting snatched away.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221428#Comment_3221428

    Yes but we also don't know what legal BS Netflix did to lockdown the ST Chapter. Netflix is not that good of a company and I bet you that they tried to even take away the content from all of us who bought it. They could of even locked down any compensation to be given out because that could be seen as a transaction regarding their content.

    Not don't get me wrong it sucks your copy of the content is on the PS4 copy but as long as the PS4 copy is still being supported and connect to the servers thers not much that cN be done since you still "own" a copy of the content.

    That's why I hate anything dealing with licensed chapters because the owners control all the rights to the characters and can just revoke the rights given to BHVR whenever they feel like it. That's why I want more OC content because there won't be any fear of it getting snatched away.

    The consumers should be protected in whatever agreement is made. If a company won’t comply to terms that protect the players, don’t do a deal.

  • Yeah its pretty bad PR to not even refund enough auric cells to purchase another chapter thanks to being unable to PLAY the content on the ps5 version

  • @aliensuperrstar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3221436#Comment_3221436

    The consumers should be protected in whatever agreement is made. If a company won’t comply to terms that protect the players, don’t do a deal.

    That's why licensed crap is such a murky area. In most cases as we have seen the license holders work well with BHVR because as long as they keep it on the store they will make money off of it. But Netflix is a very greedy company and because they "Had a game planned out" they wanted to pull all their content closer to home.

    But that's why BHVR was giving out the skins and vouchers to try and protect us the players before the license was snatched away.

    I'm mad that I missed all the skin giveaways lol.

  • one big point here, is DBD is a live service game. that means they know they will be adding stuff to the game contently. they should have ensured that owners of this would be still able to maintain it. the game should have been attached to a profile and enable them to continue using it no matter what platform they are on. its not hard concept especially with cross progression.

  • Can you like not berate mandy as if she can do something tho? that's up to Netflix, they restricted the rights, they backed out, and whatever they decide to remove from the game with the license is up to them, if they really wanted to, they could've straight up deleted Demogorgon from the game. Mandy literally said, you can play the license for the console the game was originally bought for, that's like completely fair, they paid for the ps4 version, not the ps5, they got what they paid for

‹ 1 2