The game is in its most unplayable state ever for solo

And you will do nothing about it because it benefits you when people trick their friends into buying it so they can SWF and not have the time they've already put into it go to waste. Thank you for at least not pretending you have any plans to bridge the gap after 6 years of this nonsense.

Comments

  • @fake said:

    Toggle-tunneling!

    New language and concepts learned.

    I havent heard it refered to that, but it sounds like the new strat of prioritizing two survivors and rotating them to maintain pressure and scare them into being less risky when on death hook. Generally you only go after the other 2 survivors for slug pressure, or if they can be downed and hooked with minimal commitment. Its still technically tunneling, but its probably the most even middleground for how the game is currently balanced. If you ever find yourself as one of the two, you want to become ghost when on death hook, and always run away from any pressure positions on the map as soon as the killer sees you in order to minimize its effectiveness.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3216634#Comment_3216634

    STBFL doesn´t seem to be meta right now. Anyway, i still think the basekit BT should be a different health state than enduring. That way, it could proc once more with perks like the normal BT, DH or OtR. While not being completely broken like what we had on the 6.1.0 PTB.

    This is actually a good idea. :)

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217363#Comment_3217363

    I havent heard it refered to that, but it sounds like the new strat of prioritizing two survivors and rotating them to maintain pressure and scare them into being less risky when on death hook. Generally you only go after the other 2 survivors for slug pressure, or if they can be downed and hooked with minimal commitment. Its still technically tunneling, but its probably the most even middleground for how the game is currently balanced. If you ever find yourself as one of the two, you want to become ghost when on death hook, and always run away from any pressure positions on the map as soon as the killer sees you in order to minimize its effectiveness.

    I am in the position of thinking that neither camping nor tunneling is a problem, and that if the targeted survivor is dissatisfied by it, some changes should be made regarding it.


    Yes, I think you are correct. I just learned the word toggle tunneling lol.


    I was well aware that there is a derived language about camping. Face camp, proxy camp, gen camp, Franklin camp, Insidious camp, gate camp, pallet camp.... .etc etc etc.


    But it was kind of interesting to me because it is rare to hear a derivative language about tunneling.

    All I know is, 1,1,1,hard tunneler, 1,1,2,1,tunneler! And gen tunneling! That was about it.

  • @Malkraz said:

    And you will do nothing about it because it benefits you when people trick their friends into buying it so they can SWF and not have the time they've already put into it go to waste. Thank you for at least not pretending you have any plans to bridge the gap after 6 years of this nonsense.

    I don't know why everyone keeps saying this. I got destroyed every game for the first week or two after 6.1.0, and now survivor has 100% BP, no queue, and I escape every other game now that my MMR has had time to adjust.

    It's fine. Hell, I'm playing more survivor than ever before.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3216791#Comment_3216791

    1) they want to bully the killer, and found out they can’t bully the current killer

    Highly unlikely

    2) they have a rift challenge, and found out they can’t do this rift challenge with the current killer

    3) they have a rift challenge, and they already did as much as they could for the rift challenge in the current game

    Rift is definitely a problem.

    4) they don’t like the current killer, and they want a killer they like better

    Nurse is a massive problem with all but the top 1% of players.

    5) the 1st chase with the killer was very short, and the survivor wants to ragequit out of frustration

    Ragequits have always happened in every game, but the current state of the game is causing increased DCs and Ragequits, so you have to ask yourself why this is happening post 6.1.

    6) the survivor thinks they are better than the other survivors, and wants better teammates

    Current MMR is a massive problem. It's putting too wide a range of survivors together.

    7) some else already DCed, or gave up early, and the survivor thinks the game is hopeless

    This is just true. If someone gives up early the game pretty much is done. This is also a problem, where the developers can reset the lobby when someone DCs early.

    8) the game is being held hostage

    Another problem.

    All but the ragequitting are problems the developers can fix.

    About that first point with the " Survs DC because they cant bully the killer"

    I actually played a bunch of killer recently because with the amount of tunnelers and campers (at least on EU) you'll have more fun watching paint dry than playing Survivor. (Its so bad there at this point that i've gotten post game compliments for not staring in the eyes of the survivor i just hooked till they die) I've had killer matches with up to 3 DCs because i wouldnt fall for their flashlight or pallet saves.



    I've gone against survivor bully squads quite a lot too, flashlights, toolboxes, all the meta perk SWFs. Maybe 2 of these ended with more than 1 or 2 escapes at most while i had suboptimal stuff due to leveling killers since i never bothered to do so before the prestige rework.

    Hell, i went and adept-ed 5 killers in one sitting, including Pyramid Head, Nurse and Blight because i felt like it with yellow perks and little sweat

    The point is: right now, this game is so unbelievably Killer sided (from someone who plays both) that claiming survivor-sided-ness is on the level of delusion rivaling the Flat-earth society.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3216676#Comment_3216676

    Aren't we worried about possible bodyblocking situations though? Dead Hard can easily be waited out, but what about a BT and Off the Record combo? I am not saying I am against this though, just curious. Can't really say if that would be a problem myself. Right now I do not mind the BT bodyblocking, because it does discourage the killer from going back to a unhooked survivor a bit. But with two extra health states, that could maybe become a problem in certain situations.

    In general I would love if basekit BT had a seperate, unique Endurance effect though. Because right now, the only anti-tunneling perk that can stack with basekit BT is DS, and that perk is sadly not that great at the moment.

    Yeah, an additional proc could solve the tunneling issue. But anything thats more than that would definetly be abused.

    Hell, i even see just normal BT players attempting to body block after a unhook. Like forcing the killer to tunnel them. So maybe make them not hittable during the 10 second period. Before a normal BT or OtR starts working.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/349410/the-game-is-in-its-most-unplayable-state-ever-for-solo

    I don't know why everyone keeps saying this. I got destroyed every game for the first week or two after 6.1.0, and now survivor has 100% BP, no queue, and I escape every other game now that my MMR has had time to adjust.

    It's fine. Hell, I'm playing more survivor than ever before.

    You're escaping every game in solo q? do you stream by any chance? would love to see how you play to achieve that.

  • I do not think soloq is unplayable. Just that I think that survivors that feel obligated to run perks like kindred/window of opportunity/bond should not feel obligated to run those perks. survivor should be able to see each' other's aura for being on same team at base-kit. that is only thing I would change.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217403#Comment_3217403

    You're escaping every game in solo q? do you stream by any chance? would love to see how you play to achieve that.

    You misread. I said every other game. And yeah, it's pretty close to that. Maybe a little less, but not that much.

    I don't stream. I'm not even a good survivor or anything. I'm getting pretty good at killer, but most of the survivors I play against as killer can pull tricks I couldn't even dream of. I just think that MMR is doing its job; I seem to be as likely to escape as I am to die.

    I haven't done any math, but open exit gates have definitely become a more common sight lately.

  • We need improvements!

    ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg ezgif-4-22b139f093.jpg


  • Is anyone else shocked that all the icon suggestions involve the icons being a reduced sized icon that is superimposed onto the survivor portrait, where it would be unnecessarily difficult to see when certain graphic effects are happening to the survivor portraits? Does anyone really want to play “what’s that icon” when a survivor portrait has madness static overlapping most of the icon?

    Why haven’t any of the suggestions involved the icon being the same size as a survivor portrait, and being NEXT to the survivor portrait so we can actually tell what icon it is?

  • @Malkraz said:

    And you will do nothing about it because it benefits you when people trick their friends into buying it so they can SWF and not have the time they've already put into it go to waste. Thank you for at least not pretending you have any plans to bridge the gap after 6 years of this nonsense.

    You are right that solo q is the worst of the 3. But maybe you are 10 times more likely to be listened to if you actually give some constructive feedback?

  • @Desola said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3216877#Comment_3216877

    About that first point with the " Survs DC because they cant bully the killer"

    I actually played a bunch of killer recently because with the amount of tunnelers and campers (at least on EU) you'll have more fun watching paint dry than playing Survivor. (Its so bad there at this point that i've gotten post game compliments for not staring in the eyes of the survivor i just hooked till they die) I've had killer matches with up to 3 DCs because i wouldnt fall for their flashlight or pallet saves.

    I've gone against survivor bully squads quite a lot too, flashlights, toolboxes, all the meta perk SWFs. Maybe 2 of these ended with more than 1 or 2 escapes at most while i had suboptimal stuff due to leveling killers since i never bothered to do so before the prestige rework.

    Hell, i went and adept-ed 5 killers in one sitting, including Pyramid Head, Nurse and Blight because i felt like it with yellow perks and little sweat

    The point is: right now, this game is so unbelievably Killer sided (from someone who plays both) that claiming survivor-sided-ness is on the level of delusion rivaling the Flat-earth society.

    Yeah first 50-60 games are incredibly easy because you start at 1000 MMR. Real game for killers start when you reach 1600 softcap. Which is honestly pretty easy with all killers.

  • It's actually embarrassing that you still can't even see your team's perk loadouts in the lobby. BHVR is so stingy on making any changes that aren't simple numbers until they're basically forced to.

  • @Whoudini said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/349410/the-game-is-in-its-most-unplayable-state-ever-for-solo

    You are right that solo q is the worst of the 3. But maybe you are 10 times more likely to be listened to if you actually give some constructive feedback?

    They've been getting tons of feedback for years, it's pissing in an ocean at this point. BHVR aren't stupid, they know exactly what people are asking for, but they aren't actually going to make good on any of it until the numbers start getting really bad. Focusing their resources on making minor adjustments and frequently releasing paid content in the form of characters and cosmetics is a significant profit incentive for a smaller workload to the point that people continue to allow it. This is the reality of dealing with a business providing you a service like this.

  • @Malkraz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217650#Comment_3217650

    It's actually embarrassing that you still can't even see your team's perk loadouts in the lobby. BHVR is so stingy on making any changes that aren't simple numbers until they're basically forced to.

    Yeah, because they want to prefent lobby dodging because a survivor uses self care, or urban evasion, or whatever perk they like but arent meta.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217650#Comment_3217650

    Is anyone else shocked that all the icon suggestions involve the icons being a reduced sized icon that is superimposed onto the survivor portrait, where it would be unnecessarily difficult to see when certain graphic effects are happening to the survivor portraits? Does anyone really want to play “what’s that icon” when a survivor portrait has madness static overlapping most of the icon?

    Why haven’t any of the suggestions involved the icon being the same size as a survivor portrait, and being NEXT to the survivor portrait so we can actually tell what icon it is?

    I think the icon size is fine it just needs to be moved off the portrait and under their name.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217672#Comment_3217672

    Yeah, because they want to prefent lobby dodging because a survivor uses self care, or urban evasion, or whatever perk they like but arent meta.

    I said BHVR isn't stupid but this delusional reasoning is probably more or less accurate to why they haven't.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217615#Comment_3217615

    You misread. I said every other game. And yeah, it's pretty close to that. Maybe a little less, but not that much.

    I don't stream. I'm not even a good survivor or anything. I'm getting pretty good at killer, but most of the survivors I play against as killer can pull tricks I couldn't even dream of. I just think that MMR is doing its job; I seem to be as likely to escape as I am to die.

    I haven't done any math, but open exit gates have definitely become a more common sight lately.

    That's weird. I consider myself a good survivor. I have over 6k hours in the game and easily 5k of those are solo q, yet I am winning around 25% of my games.

    Not sure what you mean with "MMR doing its thing" because I keep getting 100 hour survivors in my lobby, or even less and those hide their hours.

    So it really is difficult to believe when someone says they have an almost 100% escape rate in solo q, and then say they mostly play killer.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217643#Comment_3217643

    That's weird. I consider myself a good survivor. I have over 6k hours in the game and easily 5k of those are solo q, yet I am winning around 25% of my games.

    Not sure what you mean with "MMR doing its thing" because I keep getting 100 hour survivors in my lobby, or even less and those hide their hours.

    So it really is difficult to believe when someone says they have an almost 100% escape rate in solo q, and then say they mostly play killer.

    Every other game would be 50%, not 100%.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217643#Comment_3217643

    That's weird. I consider myself a good survivor. I have over 6k hours in the game and easily 5k of those are solo q, yet I am winning around 25% of my games.

    Not sure what you mean with "MMR doing its thing" because I keep getting 100 hour survivors in my lobby, or even less and those hide their hours.

    So it really is difficult to believe when someone says they have an almost 100% escape rate in solo q, and then say they mostly play killer.

    I never said I had "almost 100%". Stop putting words in my mouth. I said that it's maybe a little bit less than fifty. Every other game is 50%. And it might not be exactly 50%, but I'm escaping enough games that I don't feel uncomfortable when I play.

    I played three games this morning. I escaped one out of the three (and the first one didn't count because I had to go AFK because my pasta was boiling over).

    I think the thing that helps my survival rate the most is just doing gens. In a lot of solo games, I do three out of the five, because everyone else wants to do other things. I definitely feel like I have to do the heavy lifting there, but it is what it is. You don't do gens, you don't live.

    Maybe the fact that you're a good survivor actually affects your survival rate in a negative way. I'm at mid-MMR at best as survivor, so I don't have to deal with Nurse and Blight every other game.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217712#Comment_3217712

    I never said I had "almost 100%". Stop putting words in my mouth. I said that it's maybe a little bit less than fifty. Every other game is 50%. And it might not be exactly 50%, but I'm escaping enough games that I don't feel uncomfortable when I play.

    I played three games this morning. I escaped one out of the three (and the first one didn't count because I had to go AFK because my pasta was boiling over).

    I think the thing that helps my survival rate the most is just doing gens. In a lot of solo games, I do three out of the five, because everyone else wants to do other things. I definitely feel like I have to do the heavy lifting there, but it is what it is. You don't do gens, you don't live.

    Maybe the fact that you're a good survivor actually affects your survival rate in a negative way. I'm at mid-MMR at best as survivor, so I don't have to deal with Nurse and Blight every other game.

    Clearly my team mates with 100 hours should not be dealing with nurses and blights then. The only time solo q is enjoyable for me is in cross off when everyone on my team has over 1k hours. Even though I mostly face nurses and blights there, at least my team knows what they're doing.

  • Are people complaining about people who are complaining about solo q in dbd?

    Playing dbd with 4 friends is literally the only balanced way to play survivor in this game. You can run fun builds, you can run tryhard builds. You can do silly and wacky things.

    And then solo q. I don't even know where to start. It is ridiculous. And even after 6 years they still haven't fixed it. But they changed core game mechanics like the speed boost after a hit. They reduced the cd after a hit. They nerfed gens, again. They added base BT. they're about to change the whole gameplay around downed survivors by giving them the basekit opportunity to pick themselfs up - that's crazy. They would like to add MORI to the basekit.

    But it's still impossible to add more coordination to the team to the basekit? Like, what? Still no Bond basekit, Still no Kindred basekit, Still no icons that tell you what your teammate is doing. No opportunity to set markers everyone else except the killer can see. Nothing.

    You still can do all 7 gens and 2 exit gates the most efficient way possible (as everyone should play a game) and the category were not even close to be maxed out. The weird and wacky way to get BPs in dbd is completely misleading on how to play the game correctly. For doing a single gen you should earn at least 4k points and not just 1250? Dafuq?


    Yea it's just bad and people are asking for changes for years now. Instead we've got Map updates no one asked for. They stopped fixing map while updating maps but people asked for that for years. They're changing tons of core mechanics no one asked for. Idk. I'm hoping this game is about to die slowly but surely. People start making mods again and some intelligent people out there give us the game in state where it was fun to play.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3216518#Comment_3216518

    Couldnt have said it better.

    They need to buff solo to SWF level and then balance everything according to that.

    Yes, this is exactly what I think as well. And this equalization should be done very aggressively, not half baked tweaks.

    Full voice communication must be added to the game as base, with an opt out toggle for those who would rather not take part (talk only, listen only and no comms). Basic "status" buttons for those who opt out, so they still have some basic communication.

    Even if this were to be implemented, SWFs would still be stronger in most cases, but that strength would stem from the logical natural coordination that exists between members of a pre-made team, which is absolutely fair and deserved. However the gap between them would be much smaller, since there would no longer be tools that are outright exclusive to SWFs.

  • @Jangles said:

    Lmao people like this are the reason that devs wont communicate with us more. Stop being ridiculous. That's elementary level thinking and not conducive at all to running a company. Stop it. Go sit in a corner and think about what you just said.

    The irony in this.

  • @Malkraz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217658#Comment_3217658

    They've been getting tons of feedback for years, it's pissing in an ocean at this point. BHVR aren't stupid, they know exactly what people are asking for, but they aren't actually going to make good on any of it until the numbers start getting really bad. Focusing their resources on making minor adjustments and frequently releasing paid content in the form of characters and cosmetics is a significant profit incentive for a smaller workload to the point that people continue to allow it. This is the reality of dealing with a business providing you a service like this.

    It would take them like 2 weeks at best to even just add icons for solo q players which would make that experience drastically better and bring in more players meaning more cosmetic purchases.

  • @Malkraz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217650#Comment_3217650

    It's actually embarrassing that you still can't even see your team's perk loadouts in the lobby. BHVR is so stingy on making any changes that aren't simple numbers until they're basically forced to.

    That's not true.

    They also don't like making simple number changes until they're basically forced to.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217796#Comment_3217796

    Clearly my team mates with 100 hours should not be dealing with nurses and blights then. The only time solo q is enjoyable for me is in cross off when everyone on my team has over 1k hours. Even though I mostly face nurses and blights there, at least my team knows what they're doing.

    Well, I had a really weird day today.

    I played seven survivor games and escaped all seven. Only three of those were hatch. I've never even come close to that kind of ratio. I'm not even sure I've survived seven games in a row before 6.1.0.

    I also lost most of my killer games. What the hell is going on with me today? Are we in some kind of retrograde?

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3216641#Comment_3216641

    That's a symptom, not the problem. I don't understand how people can't comprehend this.

    I would agree but most of the time people DC or suicide on hook it's for pretty petty reasons. If you dislike the game vote with your playtime and stop playing it, simple as.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3216791#Comment_3216791

    1) they want to bully the killer, and found out they can’t bully the current killer

    Highly unlikely

    2) they have a rift challenge, and found out they can’t do this rift challenge with the current killer

    3) they have a rift challenge, and they already did as much as they could for the rift challenge in the current game

    Rift is definitely a problem.

    4) they don’t like the current killer, and they want a killer they like better

    Nurse is a massive problem with all but the top 1% of players.

    5) the 1st chase with the killer was very short, and the survivor wants to ragequit out of frustration

    Ragequits have always happened in every game, but the current state of the game is causing increased DCs and Ragequits, so you have to ask yourself why this is happening post 6.1.

    6) the survivor thinks they are better than the other survivors, and wants better teammates

    Current MMR is a massive problem. It's putting too wide a range of survivors together.

    7) some else already DCed, or gave up early, and the survivor thinks the game is hopeless

    This is just true. If someone gives up early the game pretty much is done. This is also a problem, where the developers can reset the lobby when someone DCs early.

    8) the game is being held hostage

    Another problem.

    All but the ragequitting are problems the developers can fix.

    ) they don’t like the current killer, and they want a killer they like better

    Nurse is a massive problem with all but the top 1% of players.

    Thinking it's only nurse omega lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217298#Comment_3217298

    What leads up to that tho? At what point do survs say "you know what? This game isn't worth it" I know after the 5th or 6th time getting tunneled in one night I genuinely don't care anymore if I get spotted and hooked only to get camped or tunneled off of hook I'm quitting the game

    People always say this, Like I tunnel maybe 1 in 20 games in a super sweaty game. And guess what? No one dc's the sweaty game just when they get downed fast vs 0 gen regression blight with some of his middle of the ground add-ons. Sorry you suck and got downed in 20 seconds. That's what majority of my DC's are and I consider DCing myself everytime it happens early because the game is over and boring. They say iti's not worth it before there is no chance of being tunneled in my games XDXD

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217643#Comment_3217643

    That's weird. I consider myself a good survivor. I have over 6k hours in the game and easily 5k of those are solo q, yet I am winning around 25% of my games.

    Not sure what you mean with "MMR doing its thing" because I keep getting 100 hour survivors in my lobby, or even less and those hide their hours.

    So it really is difficult to believe when someone says they have an almost 100% escape rate in solo q, and then say they mostly play killer.

    You really misread things a lot no offence. Every other means 50% about. Thought tbf you also thought blight was one of the worst killer's to bait dh when he is the best by far.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3217712#Comment_3217712

    You really misread things a lot no offence. Every other means 50% about. Thought tbf you also thought blight was one of the worst killer's to bait dh when he is the best by far.

    Translation to portuguese means more often than not. Not all of us are main english speakers.

  • I pretty much only play solo and while the game is far less unfair to killers now (which makes solo harder), I am enjoying solo survivor for the most part.

    There has been an influx of new potatoes with the last RE chapter and that tends to make solo more frustrating. But I otherwise find it more enjoyable than I have in years

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3223626#Comment_3223626

    Translation to portuguese means more often than not. Not all of us are main english speakers.

    sorry

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3223616#Comment_3223616

    Before you decide to run your mouth is assumptions you know nothing about, I'm primarily talking about solo q's. Lower MMR solo q's. The kind of queues that you PRAY people stick to gens or can atleast run the killer well. Alot of the time you have Campy Caludette or Locker frigging Leon's that hide whenever they hear the killer's. I've watched randoms hide in lockers for 20 seconds at a time and slow creep everywhere while the killer has been chasing me for the past 3 minutes. 1 gen pop. Not unhooking people when a killer is proxy camping. Solo q is far from being fun and something needs to be done about it. Give us an in game voice chat so that solo players can coordinate the game alittle better then they can nerf survs or buff killers or whatever accordingly. Also I AM NOT OBLIGATED BY ANY MEANS TO STAY IN A GAME I DEEM UNFUN AND UNFAIR. If I get tunneled to 2nd hook and there's still 4 gens left to do I quit the game and could care less about the opinions of others.

    Ok but that's what I'm talking about and in every online game ever you get punished for repeatedly ruining other players game's. This game is no different 4 suicide on hooks or dc's in a week and you are suspended for a week, repeat until perma ban.

    And in assumptions I know nothing about? I climbed myself out of low mmr into mid mmr since 6.1.0 and tunneling and camping may be bad there is no justification for ruining games right at the start. DoNt RuN yOuR mOuTh.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3224582#Comment_3224582

    Who's ruining who's game if claudette has been hiding in basement for 30 seconds while I'm being chased? What about the slow creeping David who waits until I'm second hook to come and actually rescue me off hook? What about the Dwight when it's me and him left in the trial and I'm being chased by the killer AGAIN and he's hiding in a locker waiting for me to die so he could get hatch? Who's tuining Who's games then?! And now I have to worry even more about killers tunneling and camping! Listen I honestly don't care what you think or believe, but well coordinated teams in solo q is a rare occurence and I do NOT have to stick around for those games where I'm being tunneled or camped into the ground while my team isn't doing anything. I could also care less you "climbed out" of low MMR into Mid because I don't really play survivor like that for THOSE SPECIFIC REASONS.

    Perhaps your attitude and willingness to give up is what's keeping you in low MMR? Everytime you just give up your MMR lowers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225192#Comment_3225192

    It's not like I'm quitting every other game. If the team is pushing gens and genuinely trying to save people off hook I'll stay even if the killer is tunneling/camping, but if there's no effort and survs are playing like crap and the killer is using underhanded tactics like those then I'm gone I don't have to stay.

    I totally understand why you're frustrated but what happens if you just give up? You lose out on potentially pips, definitely BP, and possibly a learning opportunity. Camping and tunnelling is common enough that, when I was struggling at the beginning, I learned how to counter it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but it's really satisfying when it works and I wouldn't have that satisfaction now if I had just given up then.

    I mean, as an example, if the survivors leave you to second stage while the Killer isn't camping and then scatter in the opposite direction of you then, yeah, nobody's coming to save you and you're not wasting the Killer's time by staying on hook so if you don't want the struggle BP don't stay. In every other case, though, you're hurting yourself in the long run by not staying.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225228#Comment_3225228

    I totally understand why you're frustrated but what happens if you just give up? You lose out on potentially pips, definitely BP, and possibly a learning opportunity. Camping and tunnelling is common enough that, when I was struggling at the beginning, I learned how to counter it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but it's really satisfying when it works and I wouldn't have that satisfaction now if I had just given up then.

    I mean, as an example, if the survivors leave you to second stage while the Killer isn't camping and then scatter in the opposite direction of you then, yeah, nobody's coming to save you and you're not wasting the Killer's time by staying on hook so if you don't want the struggle BP don't stay. In every other case, though, you're hurting yourself in the long run by not staying.

    To add to this, its also important to keep in mind how MMR shifts work: The bigger the gap between you and your opponent, the more the outcome shifts each players values. So if one of your matches where you give up ends up being vs a wee lil babby killer with low MMR, you will lose more from that match than you would going against a sweat elemental forged in the depths of 3am swf queues. Likewise if you beat the lil ragamuffin with a sharp/blunt object, you gain less than if you manage to topple a particularly ruthless killer. Its a big part of why MMR being hidden makes it extremely difficult to track, but its also there to make sure that agency and effort both carry similar weight to actual mechanical skill.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225237#Comment_3225237

    To add to this, its also important to keep in mind how MMR shifts work: The bigger the gap between you and your opponent, the more the outcome shifts each players values. So if one of your matches where you give up ends up being vs a wee lil babby killer with low MMR, you will lose more from that match than you would going against a sweat elemental forged in the depths of 3am swf queues. Likewise if you beat the lil ragamuffin with a sharp/blunt object, you gain less than if you manage to topple a particularly ruthless killer. Its a big part of why MMR being hidden makes it extremely difficult to track, but its also there to make sure that agency and effort both carry similar weight to actual mechanical skill.

    That is very true. I remember when I was doing arenas in WoW winning against a lower MMR gave me very little and when I got a 2200ish opponent who generally cut through me like a hot ginsu knife through butter they got maybe two to four points and I lost nothing. On the other hand, winning got me tons of points.

    I just bring that up as a comparison because elo based systems are fairly similar so people can see that there is no harm in trying. A loss against the sweatlord probably won't diminish your MMR and, if your goal is to get better teammates, giving up against a low MMR Killer will just throw you even further down.

    Also, I think the devs said a win or loss at less than 5 minutes has a greater effect on your MMR so giving up in the beginning is especially bad.

  • @Malkraz said:

    And you will do nothing about it because it benefits you when people trick their friends into buying it so they can SWF and not have the time they've already put into it go to waste. Thank you for at least not pretending you have any plans to bridge the gap after 6 years of this nonsense.

    And the award for Most Overly-Dramatic Headline goes to...

  • So reverting the chase changes... ok

    Giving a better reason for Killers to leave the hook... ok

    Changing maps to be balanced... ok

    Cheaters... ok

    Solving the Gen situation... ok (hard but ok)

    MMR.... hahahahahha ok (hard but ok) -I only laugh cause they've tried 5-6 different types-

    Splitting ranked and unranked.... ok

    Just wait for BHVR to re-code the game

    BHVR has limits in coding which is why perks are starting to become basekit

    They even took away bonus BP in perks (BBQ and WGLF)

    They seem to forget that us players can get better at playing the game... in a perfect world (Camping, Tunneling, Gen Rushing aren't things that players have to deal with)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Just finished a game and I felt I had to come on here and explain why solo q is already bad enough without the killer camping and tunneling. Just had a game where 3 people were about to escape the trial, myself included, and I went to Sabo a hook but didn't work as planned so I bolted for the door. I'm on the meat plant map. By the door a pallet was dropped on the left and killer was running off to my right, so I went to run down the middle as it was the fastest option and then BOOM! dumbass teammate is sandbagging me at the exit gate. Thankfully killer realized and let me leave the trial but this is the kind of stupidity and sad state the game is in right now for solo

    Other than reporting them though, what can BHVR do about that?

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225639#Comment_3225639

    Other than reporting them though, what can BHVR do about that?

    The worst part about people complaining about bad teammates is knowing they are probably someone else's bad teammate they, too, complain about. And I mean that in the most objective way possible: Bad players are always the first to blame others, so it just becomes a never ending cycle of understandably biased accounts. (Clarification edit:) Bad teammates can very easily be calling another teammate "bad" when they simply don't understand why they are doing what they are. Personally I blame the sandbagging nature of half the challenges in the tomes.

    The first step to playing solo in this game is understanding that you will have victories stolen and defeats averted. There is no absolute agency for any player in this game, even the killer. All we can control is our own personal input, and things outside of that like teammate quality are not worth internalizing.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225668#Comment_3225668

    The worst part about people complaining about bad teammates is knowing they are probably someone else's bad teammate they, too, complain about. And I mean that in the most objective way possible: Bad players are always the first to blame others, so it just becomes a never ending cycle of understandably biased accounts. (Clarification edit:) Bad teammates can very easily be calling another teammate "bad" when they simply don't understand why they are doing what they are. Personally I blame the sandbagging nature of half the challenges in the tomes.

    The first step to playing solo in this game is understanding that you will have victories stolen and defeats averted. There is no absolute agency for any player in this game, even the killer. All we can control is our own personal input, and things outside of that like teammate quality are not worth internalizing.

    Very true. It's not possible to get perfect teammates and it's not possible to play perfectly; everyone makes mistakes. I don't sweat it if someone makes what turns out to be a bad call. At least they're trying and learning like everyone else and, besides, it's done and I make mistakes as well. It's time to adapt and/or learn and move on.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226345#Comment_3226345

    Lmao!!!!! Yeah... DEFINITLEY have to talk to an admin about deleting my forum account for good

    I made it very clear that I wasn't calling you a bad player, but that you can very easily be the player that other players complain about being a "bad player" without you being aware. Its a mindfulness exercise in perspective, which was paired with a priority shift suggestion. Its basic CBT suggestions to try to help you not take on more stress and frustration than you realistically need to.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "(Clarification edit:) Bad teammates can very easily be calling another teammate "bad" when they simply don't understand why they are doing what they are. Personally I blame the sandbagging nature of half the challenges in the tomes."

    Don't see any "clarifications" of you not calling me a bad player. How do I save this person on hook twice and take a protection hit for him to get him to get gate, run the killer for an extra 60 seconds for my team to open a gate and then run back to the exit gate so 3 out of 4 of us can leave only to be sandbagged by the same POS I decidesd to save make me a bad teammates? How is ANY of that bad teammate behavior?

    You took it that way, thats on you. The edit was stating that there can be plenty of reasons, by design, that players make plays that others consider bad. I also never called you a bad player, just pointed out that your behavior is exactly the type of behavior that bad players do. I can't separate the two any more politely than I already have, and the fact you're firing off impossible hypotheticals as justification is exactly why I said it. We all know there are situations you're not going to be able to win with the game, and good players shake them off and move on. A good player realizes their own personal input is all they have control over, and do their best with what they have available in the millions of other variables in any given match. They don't complain about the impossible, they do what they can to avoid it, and they don't internalize when it happens.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226561#Comment_3226561

    It's not a hypothetical I actually took video of the events that happened. I take video of alot of the dumb ######### that happens in the game. The game was 100% winnable the exit gates were open it should've been an easy exit but he decided to stand in the way and sandbag me. Again what did I do that players would deem bad behavior? Because I am genuinely lost. Maybe I should've said to hell with that guy and let him just die on hook. Maybe I should've let him run on his own and try to exit without blocking the killer from hitting him. 🤔

    Hypothetical doesn't mean untrue. I'm continuing to say that you should not be internalizing a worst case scenarios just to suit your personal perspective, but instead use it to consider a bigger picture and priroitize your frustrations. What you're doing as bad behavior is getting stuck on that and not going next and ignoring it, you're instead letting it apply more stress in further matches which will continue to spiral with that mindset. Its also why, again, I didnt call you a bad player and very specifically separated that you're doing what bad players do, including blaming your teammates constantly instead of focusing solely on your input in each game, and not internalizing bad games like you are continuing to do with this argument.

    The dismissal at the end tells me you're not going to understand this concept, so if you don't have anything constructive to add, think that'll be it. Take the advice or leave it, but don't complain if you disregard it.

  • No is not solo is fine if you are good at the game

  • I'm not 4 people in a match

1 2 ›