Someone went against scroll wheel flashlights
Interesting.
Interesting.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Hopefully it doesn't impede on communication / flashlight blind adjustments.
Probably will. The downside of removing the clicky clicky.
Yeah, it can't possibly be because they actually don't want people having seizures.
god finally
I mean most normal people should be happy flashlight clicking is being removed.
I am a normal person. I am happy.
Well it's one less way for survivors to be toxic I guess. Maybe they should apply the same cool down to crouching 🤣 doesn't induce seziures but it would be nice to have it in. Also can they seriously actually be making this change to prevent seizures? Correct ne if I'm wrong but I thought general advice for people prone to seizures was not not play video games.
It shouldn't impede clicking unless they really bungled the execution and added a huge delay (which wouldn't be necessary). This looks more aimed at scroll wheels and macros, which served no purpose but harassment.
Blind adjustments, we'll have to see on the PTB, but hopefully the delay they added wasn't so long that you wouldn't be able to adjust.
It does, there's a delay of almost a second.
I am not a normal person. But I am also happy about this change.
Yeah on both sides of play I’m happy about this. As killer it’s obnoxious but I actually hate it more as a survivor. People use it as a means of getting attention when I’m already well aware of them and I stop repairing a generator or something because I think they want something and they just run off and they are just saying hi. It’s very off putting and gets me out of my zone of awareness.
Its even worse when it’s not clear what they want because I’m not fluent in rapid flash light clicks or I know there’s a reason I don’t want to follow or whatever. Nope, click click click click like an impatient little child until they get what they want and then they cry like a child when they learn the reason I didn’t follow.
Oh, that's really bad then :/
Accessibility exists to ensure that as many people as possible are able to play video games. They shouldn't be alienated because of something out of their control and when it's this easy to do, it makes sense for them to do so, since it allows more people to buy and play their game, and thus makes them more money.
Good lord this. Clicking is annoying as killer but it's survivor where it really irritates me. Having some Dwight click at me like he's the airport runway guy trying to direct me to land, or something.
Not saying games shouldn't be accessible, but I doubt flash lights are the only thing in game that can trigger seizures.
Oh they aren't. But they're also a massive cause for them in DBD specifically, next to Doctor/Onryo VFX and a bug that makes lights in houses flicker far faster than they ever should. They've been complained about for literal years as a massive seizure warning. It's about time it got fixed.
People actually used the flashlight clicky clicky to communicate with other survivors? I just assumed that anyone that did that to me as survivor was just annoyed at me so I'd promptly walk away and ignore them.
Agreed, I wonder if the sudden colour and brightness change of torch/flash bang blinds might not do something similar. Could definitely add a seizure prevention option to ease these effects and maybe make blind effects darken the screen to black rather than brighten it.
only took them 6 years to put a seizure warning and make that thing wow.
The blind was changed to pushing red due to the white it originally was caused literal eye pain/strain. Especially in the bygone era of insta-blind flashlights.
Oh so that's what they are doing? Wish I could land a plane on his face.
yes of course.
I am not a normal person. I am happy.
yes of course.