Rip to all killer mains

This is a God awful change coming up... I literally took a 9 month break and came back because I liked some of the changes the devs did, but now... I genuinely don't know what the devs are doing. They straight up crapped on killers with this patch note. It feels like the devs still don't understand killers. So many years survivors have been getting away with second chance perks then they get nerfed and now given back to them via basekit *sigh*

Idk man I came back started enjoying the game again but then the tunnel & camping meta started because the endurance and gen rushing meta started. Neither are fun but now the devs kinda made the game worse for killers on top of an already existing problem in the game with cheaters. Think it's time for another break already. I'll probably come back if the devs understand the major mistakes they're doing.

Comments

  • This change is good because it forces killers to act to kill specific survivors rather than drag the game out. The opt out for survivors is if no one wants to continue playing just stay on the ground and the game ends once everyone is dead. I have felt slugging was an issue and I've always felt unbreakable should be basekit but to a lesser extent so this is something I feel is healthy for the game. Just the numbers will need adjustments.

    Realistically though if you're in a position where the survivor is on the ground for longer than a minute you've probably been put in a position where you've lost already. However I do still feel like the recovery timer should scale with the number of hooks they have. That way slugging is discouraged at the start of the game but encouraged later on as the survivors weaken and the map gets smaller.

  • Not all Killers play the same ways... so it'll come down to how Killer players deal with it

    With some Slugging for the 4K being gone... Camping and Tunneling will be weaker

    And all of this when Nurse and Blight being the best in the game... leaves a lot of room for more things like this

  • Talk for yourself. This update is trash but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really "shake the meta" much. And if it helps shortening killer queue times then I'm all for it.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202927#Comment_3202927

    I don't like hooks; the time sink of transport, the counter measures for safe pickup, the opportunity survivors have to kill themselves, or managing hook #s and locations to prevent dead zones.

    I'll slug and go for chases, if anyone dies it due to poor team altruism.

    So you drag games out for like 20 + minutes? That seems... unnecessary

  • @sonata93 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202948#Comment_3202948

    You're also forgetting killers also got: buffed gen speeds, stackable meta gen regression/slow-down perks, buffed bloodlust, and all the previous survivor meta ("second chance") perks got major nerfs and became useless in the end-game. "10% action speed buff and reworked DH" are major understatements of the buffs killers got in the July update. The 'tantrum' came from the fact that tunneling/camping - the two most despised strategies - got major buffs and became easier and more rewarding than ever in 6.1.0.

    I do agree, however, that the basekit Unbreakable is ridiculously strong. We need to remember, though, this will be a PTB and BHVR will make significant changes before they even consider taking it live. Look at OTR, COH, etc - all these overpowered game updates got major nerfs after the feedback from their respective PTB's.

    I wish people would stop throwing around the gen speed changes as if they matter. Literally one patch later survivors got hyperfocus, so gens actually go by faster than before. Also the doesn't it say something when now killers have to stack multiple gen regression perks simply to reach the level they are at before this update leaving them with no build variety?

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203761#Comment_3203761

    So you drag games out for like 20 + minutes? That seems... unnecessary

    Why is it on me if the game drags out that long? I'm not running slow down gen regression perks and the only time I'm buying myself is what it takes for their teammates to find them due to knock out. It's up to the survivors to do the gens and if there's no setbacks other than being downed and needing to be picked up again it falls on their altruism to keep things moving.

    I'm essentially encouraging team altruism while just going for chases. It's rare for a Survivor to die in this manner but that's entirely up to their teammates.

  • Nah I doubt most killers will stop playing because of this change. Probably won't have a lot of impact at all.

    Killers got a bunch of great buffs that helped them out a lot, now survivors are the ones who deserve some buffs. I am still hoping we get some more nerfs to camping and tunneling in the next patch. That's arguably what the game needs the most.

    You can't just buff killers but not give survivors some improvements as well. Survivor is in a rough spot at the moment. Solo queue isn't dead or anything, unlike some believe, but it surely isn't in the best spot either. Queue times clearly show this as well.

    If a few killer mains do stop playing this game because of such a change, then I am fine with that. Will maybe even out queue timea again, finally.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Nah I doubt most killers will stop playing because of this change. Probably won't have a lot of impact at all.

    Killers got a bunch of great buffs that helped them out a lot, now survivors are the ones who deserve some buffs. I am still hoping we get some more nerfs to camping and tunneling in the next patch. That's arguably what the game needs the most.

    You can't just buff killers but not give survivors some improvements as well. Survivor is in a rough spot at the moment. Solo queue isn't dead or anything, unlike some believe, but it surely isn't in the best spot either. Queue times clearly show this as well.

    If a few killer mains do stop playing this game because of such a change, then I am fine with that. Will maybe even out queue timea again, finally.

    Survivors don't need buffs, solo survivors do.

    This proposed change is a huge buff across the board, and SWFs, who are already strong enough, will be made substantially stronger. If they were going to make anything basekit, it should've been Kindred.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3204018#Comment_3204018

    Survivors don't need buffs, solo survivors do.

    This proposed change is a huge buff across the board, and SWFs, who are already strong enough, will be made substantially stronger. If they were going to make anything basekit, it should've been Kindred.

    It's a buff against a very unfun to go against strategy. But won't really buff swf survivors in any other way.

    When it comes to strategies like camping, tunneling, and even slugging, it's fine if swf survívors get buffs as well. Of course, we still need those information buffs for solo survivors as well, to reduce the balance gap between solo and swf survivors. And ideally, we then also get some more changes to help killers along the way as well, getting rid of the aspects that are too powerful in the wrong hands. Maps are the biggest issue that come to mind in my eyes. We still have some maps that are clearly survivor sided. Arguably certain toolbox combinations, especially a toolbox with a Brand New Part, and to an extent medkits, are also too strong.

    But changes that simply nerf unhealthy strategies in DBD are a good thing. No matter if they also help swf survivors. That's why I am also still hoping we will see some more nerfs to camping and tunneling in the upcoming mid chapter. If killers need some help as compensation after that, then the devs can react with some buff to killers as well. They clearly have been stepping up their game at trying to balance this game better for both sides, even if some temporary new problems arise as well.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Survivors have actually been crapped on for 6 years.

    This is more like a QOL change more than anything. I don't think the devs ever intended on killers to slug everyone on the ground all the time, it also removes the chance for someone to get the hatch which the killer shouldn't straight up deny because he wanted to. It is not fun to be incapacitated on the floor.

    Killers are still very OP so winning a majority of matches will still happen, you just have to actually hook people like you should have been doing all along.

    This. Killers are still going to win most of their games. This change just makes it a little less miserable to play survivor and will affect those that slug often the most (which is a good thing). Everyone is just overreacting.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3204025#Comment_3204025

    It's a buff against a very unfun to go against strategy. But won't really buff swf survivors in any other way.

    When it comes to strategies like camping, tunneling, and even slugging, it's fine if swf survívors get buffs as well. Of course, we still need those information buffs for solo survivors as well, to reduce the balance gap between solo and swf survivors. And ideally, we then also get some more changes to help killers along the way as well, getting rid of the aspects that are too powerful in the wrong hands. Maps are the biggest issue that come to mind in my eyes. We still have some maps that are clearly survivor sided. Arguably certain toolbox combinations, especially a toolbox with a Brand New Part, and to an extent medkits, are also too strong.

    But changes that simply nerf unhealthy strategies in DBD are a good thing. No matter if they also help swf survivors. That's why I am also still hoping we will see some more nerfs to camping and tunneling in the upcoming mid chapter. If killers need some help as compensation after that, then the devs can react with some buff to killers as well. They clearly have been stepping up their game at trying to balance this game better for both sides, even if some temporary new problems arise as well.

    Slugging is one of the only counters to certain survivor playstyles; if they want to take away slugging they also need to take away the survivor playstyles that necessitate it.

    Another perspective is that slugging is how you punish survivors being caught together. How should the killer punish that mistake if these changes go through? We allow survivors to throw the match and still win, or do we just say that staying grouped up is actually good now?

  • I have a very bad feeling about this change and that it is way over the top and throws out the baby with the bathwater,BUT I also think that is great that BHVR is willto make such big an sweeping changes to the base game.

    This is a change on a fundamental level and going to shake up a 6 year old game for sure. I think that they should make this something like a regular occurrence: take some crazy or radical ideas from the feedback section that got a good amount of traction and just thrown them into a non- serious PTB. Eventually something will stick to the wall and turn out so great that it will make it into the life version.

  • @badrepo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202970#Comment_3202970

    If you pick up the survivor and hook them you are still pressuring 3 survivors if you start chase on someone else lol

    Yeah that’s my point. Everyone is just going to play safer because there is no point in taking risks unless you are Nurse.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203786#Comment_3203786

    This. Killers are still going to win most of their games. This change just makes it a little less miserable to play survivor and will affect those that slug often the most (which is a good thing). Everyone is just overreacting.

    How exactly are Twins going to handle people with a 22s self res on a large map? They'll literally be up before you can reach them.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203484#Comment_3203484

    Double Locker Flashlights are easy to counter without slugging. Grab one locker repeatedly till the other Surv runs out of juice. BTL takes 12s so they can't reload the clicky in the time it takes to re-grab. Plus eventually they often screw up because that is a meme typically used by weaker Survivors who can't get normal Flashlight saves. Plus those 2 dinguses are foolish enough to not be on gens, so where is the complaint?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203485#Comment_3203485

    In all reasonable momentum circumstances you can pick up the 1st person after you down the 2nd, hook them, and then hook the 2nd. In extreme examples like Oni if 3 people got downed from 1 power use they only have ~24s of total power time, due to losing 7s per Survivor downed. That 21s is more than enough to run back to the 1st Surv and hook each of them in the downed sequence. (Don't forget if you down all 4 you instawin.)

    If the flashlight user distracted you from pickup for 45s without you being able to ward them off I'd say you have more pressing concerns than self-pickups. You are bound to lose that match regardless.

    I don't disagree with Knockout (but honestly fudge Knockout users), but Third Seal is a soloq stomper and prevents hook rescues from lower skilled players more than assists slugging. Even then it still is a Hex and people bad enough to be affected by it would be scared enough to search for and cleanse it, similar to Huntress Lullaby. I know this is difficult for some killers to hear, but the "fair" option to gain momentum is using the hook. I know some people are allergic to the spacebar, but you can rebind it since you are on PC don't worry.

    That relies on them fouling it up. A good duo will wait for the animation frame and do the save correctly, from 'behind' the locker doors. I've tried exactly this.

    They aren't on gens, sure. But I'm not getting a hook, and two others are. This isn't an issue when it's being done by newbies, but solid groups are nearly unbeatable on DDS when they do this, as the double lockers are easily accessible from all but two gens.

  • RIP Sadako.

    No more spreading curse maybe. As people can just pick themselves up.

    F Tier it is

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3204059#Comment_3204059

    How exactly are Twins going to handle people with a 22s self res on a large map? They'll literally be up before you can reach them.

    I'm talking about the 45 seconds. It's fine. The devs can nerf the perks that affect the time it takes to recover for all I care. I'm just glad this became base kit. Good changes.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203764#Comment_3203764

    That relies on them fouling it up. A good duo will wait for the animation frame and do the save correctly, from 'behind' the locker doors. I've tried exactly this.

    They aren't on gens, sure. But I'm not getting a hook, and two others are. This isn't an issue when it's being done by newbies, but solid groups are nearly unbeatable on DDS when they do this, as the double lockers are easily accessible from all but two gens.

    There are 2 other survivors in the game, you can just hook them normally until only the clicky meisters remain. After that they will run out of batteries and just die without the risk of gens popping.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202973#Comment_3202973

    I really don't care about what's caused the queue imbalance if I'm being honest, I just want fast killer queues back because playing survivor bores the hell out of me.

    you see, with that logic then we should bring things back when meta was stale, before the (in)famous 6.10 patch... killer queue were instant

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202973#Comment_3202973

    I really don't care about what's caused the queue imbalance if I'm being honest, I just want fast killer queues back because playing survivor bores the hell out of me.

    So you just want to give survivors a thousand second chances to exploit and bully killers just to have a faster killer matchmaking? Nice.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3203786#Comment_3203786

    This. Killers are still going to win most of their games. This change just makes it a little less miserable to play survivor and will affect those that slug often the most (which is a good thing). Everyone is just overreacting.

    Yeah winning most of their games. I would really like to have a Mmr based escape percentage from devs instead of a global one. At low Mmr maybe yes, sure. At high Mmr survivor escapes might be over 60% I'm pretty sure. But the game is for everyone not just the average Mmr players.

  • @Elessar93 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202998#Comment_3202998

    So you just want to give survivors a thousand second chances to exploit and bully killers just to have a faster killer matchmaking? Nice.

    Honestly I don't really care either way. I don't expect decent balance, I know it will either be massively tilted one way or the other and solo will forever be left in the dust, so if it's going to be massively tilted at least let it be tilted in a way that favours me.

    For the record I'm against the entire change, and want them to revert it before live and not have it go through for their October/November content patch, but also I know this dev team.

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3204043#Comment_3204043

    Slugging is one of the only counters to certain survivor playstyles; if they want to take away slugging they also need to take away the survivor playstyles that necessitate it.

    Another perspective is that slugging is how you punish survivors being caught together. How should the killer punish that mistake if these changes go through? We allow survivors to throw the match and still win, or do we just say that staying grouped up is actually good now?

    See that's the thing. Slugging is not being taken away, it's just being made less viable, but certain situations where you want to slug, you can still slug. This self pick up suddenly won't turn situations where you want to slug into an automatic loss, since the survivor will still just be lying there for 45 seconds doing nothing. That is just such an exaggeration.

    So yeah, if you can down one survivor quickly, and then go for another survivor, you are still punishing them. That survivor will still be lying on the ground for 45 seconds. And you can then get another down on the next survivor. If it does take too much pressure away from killers, BHVR can still change that. Or simply buff killers in a different, healthier way.

  • Because it's fun to mori survivors. Hooking does get a little boring for killers. I like being able to mix it up a bit and add a bit of my particular killers feel to the match with a mori or two. And it's tactically useful too, love watching people try to flashlight stun me when i go for a mori on a downed survivor lol.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Unbreakable was strong because no one expect you to have, where you have a chance to use.

    Basekit Unbreakable makes killers straight up to pick them up instead.

    This change doesnt buff survivors, but it kills the interaction between dying survivors and their teammates. No one care about coming to pick you up anymore, just Gen rush

    I'm genuinely confused by the basekit unbreakable. I hate being slugged, but I don't want this as a solution to that.

    Even so, the devs have a very weird view of how an individual survivor should regain health states. Dying -> injured is base kit, and you can run a single perk to do it in 22.5 seconds. Injured -> healthy is impossible without a perk, and the perk that allows you to do it infinitely and anywhere also takes 42 seconds. (Not at all saying that self-care should be changed, but that it's weird that self-care is a heavily nerfed perk, but the basekit unbreakable is treated so differently.)

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3204098#Comment_3204098

    See that's the thing. Slugging is not being taken away, it's just being made less viable, but certain situations where you want to slug, you can still slug. This self pick up suddenly won't turn situations where you want to slug into an automatic loss, since the survivor will still just be lying there for 45 seconds doing nothing. That is just such an exaggeration.

    So yeah, if you can down one survivor quickly, and then go for another survivor, you are still punishing them. That survivor will still be lying on the ground for 45 seconds. And you can then get another down on the next survivor. If it does take too much pressure away from killers, BHVR can still change that. Or simply buff killers in a different, healthier way.

    But you have to assume that the survivors will be up in 22 seconds - you can't bet on them not having Unbreakable, especially with how powerful this change makes it. Twins, Oni & Sadako in particular are screwed over massively by this change and that needs to be addressed if they actually go ahead with this insanity.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/347986/rip-to-all-killer-mains

    I don't mind it as a whole, but if it goes live without changes to Twins, double locker flashlights and spots on maps where you can't pick survivors up it's going to be a Boil Over level disaster with people just trolling killers for weeks.

    That's my only concern. Bully /swfs all with boil over and saboteur just running to hook voids and forever wigging free, picking themselves up, sabotaging closest hook. I guess if you're a good enough killer to get all survivors down in 22 Seconds it will trigger the end game Mori, but I can see this being abused by swfs & bullies and holding the game hostage if they never do gens.

    Or TTVs will make it some sort of challenge where they can see how long they can keep it going. Like when they see how many times they can put the killer in the hole. Or how many times 1 of them can get downed and crawling front of a locker and head on the killer over and over again. Or how many times they can dumb Tech and blind the killer before their flashlight runs out.... never touching a gen. How many other streamer challenges are there that hinder the natural progression if the game? Oh yeah... lots of them... And this will be another challenge that everybody will think is funny and it will go on and on yet SLUGGING is the problem because it hinders the natural progression of the game. Okay.

    On the other hand I think it will be great for solo players, which I am. Not having to wait for a pickup that will never happen is better than both no pickup and an unhook that will never happen.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202948#Comment_3202948

    Basekit BT and basekit UB counter cheap play styles that are boring and taking little to no skill to do. If you aren’t welcoming it in the game, then that says a lot about you as a player.

    “Cheap play styles” I think you mean alternate play styles.

    Most people can play around any playstyle without throwing a tantrum and belittling their opponent over them.

    A comment like that says a lot about you as a gamer.

    We’ll have to wait and see how built in UB changes things up but anything that narrows gameplay options usually isn’t very good.

    Basically what can see from this is, no need to pick up your team mates and a collection of lose/lose killer scenarios where you are forced to pick up even when it’s less optimal or even a bad idea losing all gained pressure from the down.

    We’ll have to test it but experience tells me that it’s probably not a great change. It’s solely to prevent 4x slug auto mori game end, it’s the new mori system that’s the real culprit here. Both changes seem kinda crummy.

  • After some thinking, I think it'll be fine. Just don't go for risky slugs, or know to come back before too long.

    This is coming from someone who constantly slugs in matches to try and spread pressure. I'm ready for it.

  • @Carth said:

    But you got .2 seconds off survivor sprint burst? You don't want to play vs infinite unbreakable with that?

    Do you even know what infinity means? I would guess you dont (or there is an additional change in the game i dont know about yet).

1 2 ›