So how does the increased hitbox on Wesker feel?

Wont be able to test it for myself until later today. Is it now no longer possible to phase through a survivor?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Good. You still have to touch the survivor but it's slightly more forgiving. I think this is perfect, for right now at least.

  • Does anyone know how much it was increased?

    Like, it was 40cm on PTB, then 20cm in 6.2.

    Was it increased to 25, 30, 35 ?

  • @HugTheHag said:

    Does anyone know how much it was increased?

    Like, it was 40cm on PTB, then 20cm in 6.2.

    Was it increased to 25, 30, 35 ?

    Peanits confirmed they have been changed to 30 cm:

    @Peanits said:

    It's now 30cm- right in the middle of the PTB (40cm) and release (20cm). His detection for obstacles will remain at 20cm, so this won't cause him to bump into things more than before.


  • I'll see how it feels before I make any judgements but 30 cm was what I was calling for on here. Hopefully it's good enough. Still dodgable by survivors but actually usable by killer. I was actually hoping more for 35 but that's probably too close to the PTB value for people to be happy.

  • Still too small, if they'd actually done the reasonable thing and adjusted to 35cm from PTB we'd have the sweet spot but instead we had a certified BHVR moment and had to wait a week for his power to go from broken to just about bearable

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Pretty damn good.

    It's funny because it's actually possible to bodyblock against his power now, whereas before you could thread the needle past one survivor to hit another survivor fairly consistently.

    Wesker can push the first survivor into the second one and injure both, sounds like a net bonus to me.

  • I can see some difference. Better than it was for sure.

  • @OrangeBear said:

    Good. You still have to touch the survivor but it's slightly more forgiving. I think this is perfect, for right now at least.

    Then they should buff him more. Imagine needing to touch the surv!!

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174303#Comment_3174303

    Then they should buff him more. Imagine needing to touch the surv!!

    Well, a better way to put it is that you need to see the survivor. Like you still cant get survivors if they are turning 90 degrees into a doorway but it's much easier to get close to them and slam them now.

  • @RonMan32 said:

    This is probably the sweet spot, as I and many others suspected. I am now not rushing completely past survivors with near misses, I'd imagine the going THROUGH survivors issue is also addressed (That specifically maybe only happened to me once with the 20cm hitbox).

    Feels not too forgiving, still dodge-able at longer ranges but to be frank if you get caught in the first 2/3rds of the first bound, dodging that shouldn't be viable anyway unless the Wesker messes up.

    Because I've been playing a lot of him, dodging poor Weskers when I was playing survivor was all too easy. I hardly ever got grabbed at 20 cm. Have not yet faced him as survivor but I hope to find that I am actually able to still dodge it, but that I'm getting yoinked by good Weskers more often.

    My main concern at this point is now that his power is more consistently usable, and since he was pretty good as an M1 killer (with using his power for good map mobility as opposed to damage) before his hitbox was fixed that we might see a nerf come his way. He just suddenly got a whole lot more powerful at low and mid MMR, with probably slight and noticeable improvement at high MMR (some people were getting good with that janky hit box.)

    With nurse, demo and blight in the game in their current state I don't see how he could warrant a nerf. That's just me.

    If anyone wants to share their first impressions on the new hitbox from either perspective please, let me know in this discussion. Could it use a little more? Is it perfect? Do you actually think something like 25cm would be more reasonable?

    Tried it out. This is my one match impression of it. Instantly feels better. Actually getting use out of the power for damage now.

  • @RinsDoormat said:

    Still too small, if they'd actually done the reasonable thing and adjusted to 35cm from PTB we'd have the sweet spot but instead we had a certified BHVR moment and had to wait a week for his power to go from broken to just about bearable

    Really? How as it been in your experience? I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to bother with the effort but do you think you can get a clip of a close miss that should have been a hit with the new hitbox?

  • Feels so much better

  • @RinsDoormat said:

    Still too small, if they'd actually done the reasonable thing and adjusted to 35cm from PTB we'd have the sweet spot but instead we had a certified BHVR moment and had to wait a week for his power to go from broken to just about bearable

    We can't expect all hitboxes to be a huntress hatchet, can we ?

  • Weskers hitbox is now ok when the ping (surv / killer) is below yellow.

  • Perfect, people asking it to be bigger don't understand how awful it was on ptb. It's how it should be right now. A good middle ground

  • It feels good. I can still dodge him as survivor, but it feels fair as killer now

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3174371#Comment_3174371

    Wesker can push the first survivor into the second one and injure both, sounds like a net bonus to me.

    But if the second survivor is injured, ie the one you would want to body block, then pushing another survivor into them wont put them into the dying state, but give them the deep wound status effect. So while it is a bonus to hit both, apparently before with his super smol hit box you could have dashed past body blockers with some (a lot of) skill.

  • Seems to be pretty much perfect now

    Getting hits is a lot easier but crafty survivors are still able to dodge me if they are unpredictable

    Haven't been able to play against him since the hotfix but from the killer point of view it seems very fair now

  • The hitbox feels fine now when it works, but I've been rubberbanding like crazy since it was adjusted.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    Wont be able to test it for myself until later today. Is it now no longer possible to phase through a survivor?

    welp, was behind him and got hit

  • Eh. I would have rather seen a slight curve on the second bound with the smaller grab range to reward skilled play on both sides. Now I'm back to getting grabbed from Narnia

  • Indifferent. Since i didn't played him in the ptb, i'm used to his hitboxes before the patch

  • Watch "vod-1583692021-offset-11018" on Streamable.

    It feels good, its more fair when you land/miss now but I've noticed you still will (rarely) get a bugged grab where it doesn't give you the down. Yesterday on stream I slammed an injured Ace into a wall but instead of going into the slam and carry animation I instantly dropped the Ace after making contact and he got the chase extended because of that. I still killed em and won but I was disappointed to see that still be in the game. It only happened once though after 10 hours of play, before the bugs would happen multiple times in the same match every match

    EDIT: I've seen it happen about 4 more times now, its kind of annoying