Why even play the game at this point

If you dc/give up against certain killers? The only ones that I kinda understand where you're coming from is Nurse and Legion, but aside from those two, I just don't get it. Not every killer is gonna be some perfectly balanced, fair, and fun killer like basekit Blight or Billy. If refuse to play against a killer for xyz reasons, then guess what: you're gonna never learn how to deal with them and thus you'll continue to suffer. I play the fairest Blight I can, no tunneling, no camping, no add-ons, with one regression perks and I make sure to give every final survivor a smooch on the forehead as I plop em into hatch, but people still dc. Like literally what do you want me to do? I'm gonna stop malding and go touch grass now.

Comments

  • One recent trial I had involved Jill being hooked and rescued. I found them healing close by and struck, knocking Jill down again.

    I wasn't going to hook her again, so went for the person healing her and injured them. They ran off, and I just then decided tp see what would happen if I went to Jill and just hung around for a couple of seconds then left her alone. She dc'd when I was barely there a second.

    Her jump cost her team the trial. If she had hung on, she would have been picked up by another survivor, but some people cannot be bothered.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    One recent trial I had involved Jill being hooked and rescued. I found them healing close by and struck, knocking Jill down again.

    I wasn't going to hook her again, so went for the person healing her and injured them. They ran off, and I just then decided tp see what would happen if I went to Jill and just hung around for a couple of seconds then left her alone. She dc'd when I was barely there a second.

    Her jump cost her team the trial. If she had hung on, she would have been picked up by another survivor, but some people cannot be bothered.

    Abstract thinking and macro-gaming are not a very common skill in DBD players, at least the ones I've seen.

  • Some people like the game in general, but hate broken or boring experience "certain killers" provide.

    Doctor is obnoxious. So is Legion. So is Trapper. So is Spirit. So is Onryo. So is Dredge. So is Freddy.

    Nurses and Blights will drown you in their sweat, not pleasant.

    Maybe try fixing the game and making it more fun for all players, not just killers, instead of complaining about survivors not wishing to entertain killers at their own expense?

  • It's become the survivor equivalent of lobby dodge imo. Since they have no idea what they are up against nor where; and survivor games are near instant these days. They usually just suicide on first hook and can be in another match to try their luck again before the one they just left is even half done.

    As for D/C, feels like it's a sort of protest. Statement that in the end, they still hold the power over their fate - by hitting the leave button.

    Plus let's face it - half the things you run into out there from toxic killers to builds that make you want to just throw your monitor just plain suck to deal with.

  • @Junylar said:

    Some people like the game in general, but hate broken or boring experience "certain killers" provide.

    Doctor is obnoxious. So is Legion. So is Trapper. So is Spirit. So is Onryo. So is Dredge. So is Freddy.

    Nurses and Blights will drown you in their sweat, not pleasant.

    Maybe try fixing the game and making it more fun for all players, not just killers, instead of complaining about survivors not wishing to entertain killers at their own expense?

    yes let me pull up the list of "obnoxious killers"


    The Trapper

    The Hillbilly

    The Wraith

    The Huntress

    The Hag

    The Nurse

    The Doctor

    The Legion

    The Pig

    The Shape

    The Cannibal

    The Nightmare

    The Clown

    The Spirit

    The Plague

    The Ghost Face

    The Demogorgon

    The Oni

    The Deathslinger

    The Executioner

    The Blight

    The Twins

    The Trickster

    The Nemesis

    The Cenobite

    The Artist

    The Onryo

    The Dredge

    and soon The Mastermind!


    let me know if I missed any,

  • Don’t queue up if you aren’t mature enough to handle playing against things that are a part of this game. People that DC/suicide on hook are a disease ruining this game for everyone normal.

  • "The only ones that I kinda understand where you're coming from is Nurse and Legion"

    Sad Legion main noises

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150953#Comment_3150953

    yes let me pull up the list of "obnoxious killers"

    The Trapper

    The Hillbilly

    The Wraith

    The Huntress

    The Hag

    The Nurse

    The Doctor

    The Legion

    The Pig

    The Shape

    The Cannibal

    The Nightmare

    The Clown

    The Spirit

    The Plague

    The Ghost Face

    The Demogorgon

    The Oni

    The Deathslinger

    The Executioner

    The Blight

    The Twins

    The Trickster

    The Nemesis

    The Cenobite

    The Artist

    The Onryo

    The Dredge

    and soon The Mastermind!

    let me know if I missed any,

    Yes, your ad absurdum while completely ignoring the point is very welcome.

  • @WeakestNurseMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150450#Comment_3150450

    Abstract thinking and macro-gaming are not a very common skill in DBD players, at least the ones I've seen.

    what is macro-gaming?

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    One recent trial I had involved Jill being hooked and rescued. I found them healing close by and struck, knocking Jill down again.

    I wasn't going to hook her again, so went for the person healing her and injured them. They ran off, and I just then decided tp see what would happen if I went to Jill and just hung around for a couple of seconds then left her alone. She dc'd when I was barely there a second.

    Her jump cost her team the trial. If she had hung on, she would have been picked up by another survivor, but some people cannot be bothered.

    Appreciate that this was your intention, but there's no way for Jill to know that. Tunneling is so often in games now that I can understand her DCing.

  • @Junylar said:

    Some people like the game in general, but hate broken or boring experience "certain killers" provide.

    Doctor is obnoxious. So is Legion. So is Trapper. So is Spirit. So is Onryo. So is Dredge. So is Freddy.

    Nurses and Blights will drown you in their sweat, not pleasant.

    Maybe try fixing the game and making it more fun for all players, not just killers, instead of complaining about survivors not wishing to entertain killers at their own expense?

    Maybe go play a different game at that point lmao

  • I was playing Huntress last night and had some great games. My final game I saw a Steve opening a chest on a hill at Wrecker's Yard (I run Lethal Pursuer) and smacked him in the face with a hatchet from maybe 25m. He panicked and ran directly into my path, so I downed him.

    Three people immediately DC'd.

    Against Huntress.

    image.png Untitled Image
  • The post you are replying to literally contains "Some people like the game in general", that directly answers your proposition.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3151545#Comment_3151545

    Yes, your ad absurdum while completely ignoring the point is very welcome.

    you find almost every killer annoying or unfair or "obnoxious"


    this game isn't for you if you're gonna complain about every killer.

  • It's when you make decisions based on the whole entire picture of the game, and not just one individual part, so for example, instead of only focusing on chasing and killing someone, you think about everything that's going on (Gens being done, boon locations, health states, survivor positions, etc.)

  • @Junylar said:

    Some people like the game in general, but hate broken or boring experience "certain killers" provide.

    Doctor is obnoxious. So is Legion. So is Trapper. So is Spirit. So is Onryo. So is Dredge. So is Freddy.

    Nurses and Blights will drown you in their sweat, not pleasant.

    Maybe try fixing the game and making it more fun for all players, not just killers, instead of complaining about survivors not wishing to entertain killers at their own expense?

    Whats wrong with Mr. Trapper? He's the epitome of a basic killer. What part of his limited kit is obnoxious to you?

    If you think so about poor Trapper, which killer remains to be NOT considered obnoxious, then?

  • @friendlyant1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150450#Comment_3150450

    Appreciate that this was your intention, but there's no way for Jill to know that. Tunneling is so often in games now that I can understand her DCing.

    The point made, though, is that plenty would not have. It's unfair on other players to just dc like that. If she were like the better-intentioned players then she would have been rewarded for it and the team might have had a chance. It's that selfishness which ruins it for everyone.

    I had another dc after 1 hook today on Haddonfield. I'm now taking the opinion that any match where that happens I shall then hook every survivor twice and then let them escape. The dc'er gets the timeout, and the other survivors get an escape and (hopefully) a shedload of BP.

  • @WeakestNurseMain said:

    If you dc/give up against certain killers? The only ones that I kinda understand where you're coming from is Nurse and Legion, but aside from those two, I just don't get it. Not every killer is gonna be some perfectly balanced, fair, and fun killer like basekit Blight or Billy. If refuse to play against a killer for xyz reasons, then guess what: you're gonna never learn how to deal with them and thus you'll continue to suffer. I play the fairest Blight I can, no tunneling, no camping, no add-ons, with one regression perks and I make sure to give every final survivor a smooch on the forehead as I plop em into hatch, but people still dc. Like literally what do you want me to do? I'm gonna stop malding and go touch grass now.

    Well, you should definitely not play this game, but for different reasons.

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3151658#Comment_3151658

    you find almost every killer annoying or unfair or "obnoxious"

    this game isn't for you if you're gonna complain about every killer.

    Yeah, just a handful of killers is "almost every killer", or even "every killer". Nice ad absurdum once again. It's like saying killer mains complained about every survivor perk when they mentioned DS and DH.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3150953#Comment_3150953

    Whats wrong with Mr. Trapper? He's the epitome of a basic killer. What part of his limited kit is obnoxious to you?

    If you think so about poor Trapper, which killer remains to be NOT considered obnoxious, then?

    Sure, it's really fun running from the killer and getting caught in a trap you could have no possible knowledge of. Maybe he is fun if you play in SWF, but in soloQ it's an invisible death simulator.

  • 3 games today, 3 DC's, 3 lost games.

    killers still tryhard tunnel and facecamp after a DC with 5 gen left.

    so yeah, i asked myself "Why even play the game at this point?" too.

  • Sunk cost, addiction, boredom. Sometimes fun, but only on occasion. /s

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3151765#Comment_3151765

    Sure, it's really fun running from the killer and getting caught in a trap you could have no possible knowledge of. Maybe he is fun if you play in SWF, but in soloQ it's an invisible death simulator.

    But why do you call this "obnoxious"?

    I can understand caling Doctors, Legions, Hags, MDR Spirit, Slugging Nurses, Hug-teching Blights, Face camping Bubbas obnoxious, but just running into a trappers trap? Like I already asked, if you find trapper that bad, which killer remains then, honestly? Every killer can play in an unfavorable way. Calling every remotely unfun killer aspect obnoxious leaves no room for a real discussion.

  • I experience almost no DC's in my games. The only times someone DC is because of bad connection or being tunneled/facecamped.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3152466#Comment_3152466

    But why do you call this "obnoxious"?

    I can understand caling Doctors, Legions, Hags, MDR Spirit, Slugging Nurses, Hug-teching Blights, Face camping Bubbas obnoxious, but just running into a trappers trap? Like I already asked, if you find trapper that bad, which killer remains then, honestly? Every killer can play in an unfavorable way. Calling every remotely unfun killer aspect obnoxious leaves no room for a real discussion.

    Because every time you run into a trap while in chase, you know you didn't do anything wrong, you didn't make a mistake, but still get caught because you were unlucky. It always happens suddenly and unfairly. Every time this happens, it makes you want to let go on hook as soon as possible.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3152525#Comment_3152525

    Because every time you run into a trap while in chase, you know you didn't do anything wrong, you didn't make a mistake, but still get caught because you were unlucky. It always happens suddenly and unfairly. Every time this happens, it makes you want to let go on hook as soon as possible.

    Half of the time I'm running into a trap it's because of my own stupidy, often seeing the trap but not reacting in time. So you can absolutely do something wrong. It's not that the traps just magically appear, the trapper has to set them. If you run into one, it's not unlucky, but planed by the killer in advance.

    So if anything, be mad at your own shortcomings. It has nothing to do with Trapper being an unfair killer, that claim is just too hilarious to take seriously. If the trapper uses all traps for protecting a basement hook, then I would agree thats a bit obnoxious. But normal trapping of loops surely isn't. Maybe try playing Trapper to see how weak he really is and how rare it is to actually catch someone in a trap.

  • @WeakestNurseMain said:

    If you dc/give up against certain killers? The only ones that I kinda understand where you're coming from is Nurse and Legion, but aside from those two, I just don't get it. Not every killer is gonna be some perfectly balanced, fair, and fun killer like basekit Blight or Billy. If refuse to play against a killer for xyz reasons, then guess what: you're gonna never learn how to deal with them and thus you'll continue to suffer. I play the fairest Blight I can, no tunneling, no camping, no add-ons, with one regression perks and I make sure to give every final survivor a smooch on the forehead as I plop em into hatch, but people still dc. Like literally what do you want me to do? I'm gonna stop malding and go touch grass now.

    The thing is, and i am not justifying DC/Hook suicide, in some games you only need one single early mistake to leave the game in a guaranteed 4k , making it a chore to try to keep playing as you have little to no incentivation to keep playing as you know you will get 2 gens done at best.

    Yesterday i was having a really bad day playing Solo Q, i was in a 6-7 losing streak where every game ended up in a 4k. I was trying to do some dailies, so i played the 8th. We got the Game, and i spawned next to a gen with a leon. 20 sec later, the killer (trickster) downs the other two survs one next to the other, and hook them in the same room. we havent been playing for more than a minute and the game was over. Trickster camped the two hooked, and with 5 gens remaining there is nothing you can do.

    Another game, i got one gen done early in swamp, and two surv at the same time step on a bear trap against a basement trapper. Trapper comes, hooks them in basement, set all traps around and waits. 2 people alive and 4 gens remaining, nothing you can do.

    The problem i am encoutering is that it is not hard for killers to achieve that point of the game where they(the killer) have already won and the remaining surv are postponing the inevitable. and the more games you lose in this situations, the less tolerance you have to certain killers or survivor behaviour. It truly feels that you need to keep 'reloading' the game until you have a decent early start

  • Not getting mentioned in the annoying killer list is Plague. I hate that b*tch. Anything in the game that completely nullifies and voids a perk or a function, such as healing for instance, makes it a chore to play.

  • I don't want to. I'm stuck, addicted.

  • Game is bad if someone lose first chase quickly killer can just hooktrade/camp/tunnel after, unless killer play nicely it's too hard to recover in solo Q, basement is disgusting too game is ruined everytime with early basement

    killer can snowball easily at any point of the game it's way harder to comeback for survs, BP gain is a joke too players would never DC or suicide first hook if playing surv was rewarding, if it's a waste of time why play ?

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3152537#Comment_3152537

    Half of the time I'm running into a trap it's because of my own stupidy, often seeing the trap but not reacting in time. So you can absolutely do something wrong. It's not that the traps just magically appear, the trapper has to set them. If you run into one, it's not unlucky, but planed by the killer in advance.

    So if anything, be mad at your own shortcomings. It has nothing to do with Trapper being an unfair killer, that claim is just too hilarious to take seriously. If the trapper uses all traps for protecting a basement hook, then I would agree thats a bit obnoxious. But normal trapping of loops surely isn't. Maybe try playing Trapper to see how weak he really is and how rare it is to actually catch someone in a trap.

    I'm running from the killer, making a vault and get caught in a trap on the other end of the vault I had no possibility of seeing or knowing of. Now explain how is this my mistake. What should I have done instead as a player? To FEEL there is a trap and teleport on the other end of the map instead of vaulting?

  • Honestly, there is only 1 reason I disco. If you are an aggressive tunneler. Like, I understand it's a strat, but if no gens have been popped and you literally tunnel someone out of the game without even TRYING for other people, I just don't want to play anymore. It's a game, and your not giving someone a shot to play, you also get very minimal points because you literally don't get a chance to do anything. Even with sluggers, I try to just take myself into a corner so they don't get the hook. I just don't get the appeal, we already have long wait times, why would you bother loading into a game, waiting through the queue and just bully someone out of the match basically? Even when my objective is to kill the obsession, I at least try to give the other people a hook or two before I kill them. :/

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3152654#Comment_3152654

    I'm running from the killer, making a vault and get caught in a trap on the other end of the vault I had no possibility of seeing or knowing of. Now explain how is this my mistake. What should I have done instead as a player? To FEEL there is a trap and teleport on the other end of the map instead of vaulting?

    Checking vault locations before you use them while not in chase. Or taking a hit instead of vaulting (when still healthy). Against a trapper, windows are dangerous, deal with it and adjust your game instead of crying how unfair it is.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3151755#Comment_3151755

    Yeah, just a handful of killers is "almost every killer", or even "every killer". Nice ad absurdum once again. It's like saying killer mains complained about every survivor perk when they mentioned DS and DH.

    You just listed 8 killers, some of them are super weak as hell. Who knows how many more you have. After all, you're complaining about trapper. Trapper of all killers lmao.

    Also, did you just learn the term "ad absurdum?" You don't have to use fancy words to try and sound smart, all I did was over exaggerate. But maybe I'm not, considering you find trapper annoying.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3152753#Comment_3152753

    Checking vault locations before you use them while not in chase. Or taking a hit instead of vaulting (when still healthy). Against a trapper, windows are dangerous, deal with it and adjust your game instead of crying how unfair it is.

    "Just take a hit and die, just run around the map checking windows instead of doing gens". Wow, what a great advice, what a great way to outplay the Trapper, I'll be sure to use it next time I play against him, it all makes sense now.

    @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3152464#Comment_3152464

    You just listed 8 killers, some of them are super weak as hell. Who knows how many more you have. After all, you're complaining about trapper. Trapper of all killers lmao.

    Also, did you just learn the term "ad absurdum?" You don't have to use fancy words to try and sound smart, all I did was over exaggerate. But maybe I'm not, considering you find trapper annoying.

    Being week against SWF does not mean not being annoying, especially against soloQ. I guess it's pointless to explain to you, since you don't seem to play soloQ frequently and just refuse to understand. And "ad absurdum" is not a "fancy word", it's how that fallacy you used is commonly called.

  • Well said, but there is no excuse to DC/Ragequit unless there is a blatant/confirmed cheater. Idc if it’s Nurse, take your medicine like everyone else. Some of these ppl DC for the dumbest reasons, and many times had they just stayed in the game, they would’ve escaped. I’m talking me and THREE teammates getting all 5 gens done or down to 1, before us 3 all die. What does that tell you? If they stayed we would have either all got out or only 1/2 die instead of everyone. But they don’t even try. Just a bunch of quitting babies. And a lot of them are kids who have Fortnite, Roblox, and Fall Guys in their recent played list.

  • @KerJuice said:

    Well said, but there is no excuse to DC/Ragequit unless there is a blatant/confirmed cheater. Idc if it’s Nurse, take your medicine like everyone else. Some of these ppl DC for the dumbest reasons, and many times had they just stayed in the game, they would’ve escaped. I’m talking me and THREE teammates getting all 5 gens done or down to 1, before us 3 all die. What does that tell you? If they stayed we would have either all got out or only 1/2 die instead of everyone. But they don’t even try. Just a bunch of quitting babies. And a lot of them are kids who have Fortnite, Roblox, and Fall Guys in their recent played list.

    Sorry- meant me and TWO teammates. Can’t edit on iOS.

  • @Lekitzul said:

    Honestly, there is only 1 reason I disco. If you are an aggressive tunneler. Like, I understand it's a strat, but if no gens have been popped and you literally tunnel someone out of the game without even TRYING for other people, I just don't want to play anymore. It's a game, and your not giving someone a shot to play, you also get very minimal points because you literally don't get a chance to do anything. Even with sluggers, I try to just take myself into a corner so they don't get the hook. I just don't get the appeal, we already have long wait times, why would you bother loading into a game, waiting through the queue and just bully someone out of the match basically? Even when my objective is to kill the obsession, I at least try to give the other people a hook or two before I kill them. :/

    But why do you believe a slugger cares about a hook? I see you guys doing that all the time, but really, I think the aspect that you overlooked is that perhaps I would hook you if I wanted a hook. I already got the down. Not much would stop me from just taking it unless you are under a pallet and I am getting swarmed (but at that point I am going to get a different down anyways, so it does not matter too much). I feel you are really hurting yourself with that attitude. You just give me what I want in literally either scenario (where you DC and make it a 3v1, or where you crawl into a corner and bleed out).


    I am just suggesting that perhaps you are ruining your own fun more than mine. I am not sure if you think you are special or something, but a LOT of survivors act that way. Even if it did bother me, somehow, I would be so used to it by now that it would not fetter my experience.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3153249#Comment_3153249

    "Just take a hit and die, just run around the map checking windows instead of doing gens". Wow, what a great advice, what a great way to outplay the Trapper, I'll be sure to use it next time I play against him, it all makes sense now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3153269#Comment_3153269

    Being week against SWF does not mean not being annoying, especially against soloQ. I guess it's pointless to explain to you, since you don't seem to play soloQ frequently and just refuse to understand. And "ad absurdum" is not a "fancy word", it's how that fallacy you used is commonly called.

    Taking a hit while healthy and running to the place of the map where he doesn't have traps is how you counter trapper. Especially with medkits or CoH there is nothing Trapper can do

    Either he lets you go to heal up or he commits to a full m1 chase away from the gens

    Sorry but if you get caught in a obvious window trap while healthy it's 100% your fault. You should just not go through grass at all vs trapper if you are healthy

    It also takes like a handfull of seconds to check for traps in a nearby loop. Trapper has no mobility, you can spare a couple of seconds to know if a loop is safe.

    Don't take unnececary risk and trapper is a very managable killer. Take risks without any thought whatsover and i can guess why he would be annoying to face. But that's on you

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3151765#Comment_3151765

    Sure, it's really fun running from the killer and getting caught in a trap you could have no possible knowledge of. Maybe he is fun if you play in SWF, but in soloQ it's an invisible death simulator.

    I'm really proud that my Trapper gameplay makes you feel this way, it's quite an achievement

  • Killers aren't fun to play against because the goal of the game is to win and they stop you from doing so.

    As a Killer main, I hate loading into a game to see that there are indeed survivors on the enemy team.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3153249#Comment_3153249

    "Just take a hit and die, just run around the map checking windows instead of doing gens". Wow, what a great advice, what a great way to outplay the Trapper, I'll be sure to use it next time I play against him, it all makes sense now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3153269#Comment_3153269

    Being week against SWF does not mean not being annoying, especially against soloQ. I guess it's pointless to explain to you, since you don't seem to play soloQ frequently and just refuse to understand. And "ad absurdum" is not a "fancy word", it's how that fallacy you used is commonly called.

    lol what? I play solo q frequently, I haven't played SWF in over a year, what're you on? If solo q makes trapper annoying, isn't that a problem with your teammates and not the killer? And no, it's not commonly called that, can you actually say that people use "ad absurdum" more than "over exaggeration?"

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3153635#Comment_3153635

    Taking a hit while healthy and running to the place of the map where he doesn't have traps is how you counter trapper. Especially with medkits or CoH there is nothing Trapper can do

    Either he lets you go to heal up or he commits to a full m1 chase away from the gens

    Sorry but if you get caught in a obvious window trap while healthy it's 100% your fault. You should just not go through grass at all vs trapper if you are healthy

    It also takes like a handfull of seconds to check for traps in a nearby loop. Trapper has no mobility, you can spare a couple of seconds to know if a loop is safe.

    Don't take unnececary risk and trapper is a very managable killer. Take risks without any thought whatsover and i can guess why he would be annoying to face. But that's on you

    I’m not saying I think Trapper is a particularly difficult killer to deal with (basement Trapper being an exception), but I think telling a survivor to “run to the place of the map where he doesn’t have traps” is ridiculous. Like how would an average solo queue survivor know where Trapper has set up? Unless they find him really early and basically follow him around the map, there’s no way to truly know where he’s placed his traps. Well, not without a rainbow map with killer item tracking add-on. I do agree that avoiding windows is usually good practice, but he will get his bloodlust eventually (faster now), recover from missed or connecting hits (faster now), and generally outpace a solo queue survivor in one way or another.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3152654#Comment_3152654

    I'm running from the killer, making a vault and get caught in a trap on the other end of the vault I had no possibility of seeing or knowing of. Now explain how is this my mistake. What should I have done instead as a player? To FEEL there is a trap and teleport on the other end of the map instead of vaulting?

    Just give the Trapper player his due.He set his trap in the right place to catch you,simple as that.Why not just play a game where you don’t have to play against people who actually have a strategy and are trying to win like you are?Survivors keep saying killers aren’t entitled to 4ks,guess what survivors are not entitled to escape.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3153773#Comment_3153773

    I’m not saying I think Trapper is a particularly difficult killer to deal with (basement Trapper being an exception), but I think telling a survivor to “run to the place of the map where he doesn’t have traps” is ridiculous. Like how would an average solo queue survivor know where Trapper has set up? Unless they find him really early and basically follow him around the map, there’s no way to truly know where he’s placed his traps. Well, not without a rainbow map with killer item tracking add-on. I do agree that avoiding windows is usually good practice, but he will get his bloodlust eventually (faster now), recover from missed or connecting hits (faster now), and generally outpace a solo queue survivor in one way or another.

    In a general sense finished gens are a good bet. He has no reason to go to that place. There is a reason survivors see a giant bubble pop up when gens get done to show them which one it was.

    Solo q or not, that's information you have. And it is a good practise vs any killer to do that anyway

    Places you took the couple of seconds for to actually check if you want to be 100% sure.

    And even if you aren't sure survivors make a total of 15,5 meter distance on hit while the killer wipes his weapon. It takes trapper 25.8 seconds to catch back up.

    so even if he has a random trap there you should be able to take him away from gens long enough to get some good progress in.

    Playing against trapper is risk assessment. Once you understand a bit how he works (playing him yourself helps) you can make good guesses on which places might be trapped

  • Why not? skipping boring game against nurse/blight to get fun game against myers/bubba

  • @TDtheDoc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3152753#Comment_3152753

    Just give the Trapper player his due.He set his trap in the right place to catch you,simple as that.Why not just play a game where you don’t have to play against people who actually have a strategy and are trying to win like you are?Survivors keep saying killers aren’t entitled to 4ks,guess what survivors are not entitled to escape.

    If you can't counter it - it's not fair. As simple as that. As a sole player in soloQ I have no correct moves to avoid a trap while in chase if it's placed near the only vault/palled in vicinity. So I'm put in a hopeless position where I have no option other than be downed, one way or another, with no possible counterplay. This is unfair, and the traps being so sudden to that are annoying.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3154888#Comment_3154888

    If you can't counter it - it's not fair. As simple as that. As a sole player in soloQ I have no correct moves to avoid a trap while in chase if it's placed near the only vault/palled in vicinity. So I'm put in a hopeless position where I have no option other than be downed, one way or another, with no possible counterplay. This is unfair, and the traps being so sudden to that are annoying.

    If you hide in a corner and a billy/bubba traps you there then you also have no option then to be downed.

    The counter to that is not to get in that situation in the first place.

    There are counters, you're just writing everybody off who tells you them

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3155165#Comment_3155165

    If you hide in a corner and a billy/bubba traps you there then you also have no option then to be downed.

    The counter to that is not to get in that situation in the first place.

    There are counters, you're just writing everybody off who tells you them

    I haven't heard a single counter against him other than "just don't get caught 4Head", or plainly telling me to spend several minutes running around the map checking every vault and pallet for traps instead of doing gens, basically "countering" him by throwing the game. I guess it's a pointless discussion, you just refuse to see the situation from the survivor's perspective, just telling "it's your fault anyway" on any argument. You basically can justify any killer with this rhetoric, just repeating "The counter to that is not to get in that situation in the first place" against every complaint. You can defend old Spirit and old Legion with this, you can even defend the old 2016 facecamping by just saying "it's your fault you got caught". It's not a constructive discussion at this point.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3155223#Comment_3155223

    I haven't heard a single counter against him other than "just don't get caught 4Head", or plainly telling me to spend several minutes running around the map checking every vault and pallet for traps instead of doing gens, basically "countering" him by throwing the game. I guess it's a pointless discussion, you just refuse to see the situation from the survivor's perspective, just telling "it's your fault anyway" on any argument. You basically can justify any killer with this rhetoric, just repeating "The counter to that is not to get in that situation in the first place" against every complaint. You can defend old Spirit and old Legion with this, you can even defend the old 2016 facecamping by just saying "it's your fault you got caught". It's not a constructive discussion at this point.

    You really like to change the words that people tell you don't you

    Checking a nearby loop doesn't take minutes. The 5 to 10 seconds tops will be more then made up by knowing you can loop it with no risk

    Not taking unnececary risks by vaulting uncertain windows when you are healthy and could easilly just take the hit. Healthstates are a resourse use them

    Remembering where the finished gens are where the chances of traps are low so you know where to run too.

    I am talking from the survivors perspective. This is how i play against trapper when i play soloq

    You are right about one thing. This is not a constructive discussion.

    But only because you simply refuse to learn and just assume anyone who tries to gives you advice doesn't play your role

    There is a reason trapper is on the bottom of almost every tier list. If you don't take unnececary risks he's very managable.

    Instead of getting defensive when people say "it's your fault" take a moment to think if maybe just maybe there is actually something you can change in your playstyle that will make you deal with trapper better.

‹ 1 2