[apparently huge bug]I can't see while inside houses
Is anyone else having this issue? i been playing exclusively killer recently, and in Garden of Joy and Haddonfield i spend like 40 seconds walking directly into a wall because i literally cant tell the difference between having my head in the wallpaper and staring into a hallway. I hate it and it kills chases so fast, i don't know how to get around it. Also ive noticed (i have a relatively low end pc setup) that on Haddonfield in the basements i dont know what it is about the darkness or the lighting or whatever but when im looping someone i drop to like 10 fps where the rest of the map is generally fine. That bit i get is just rough and i have yet to take a look at my settings to see if theyre just too high or something, it's just really really bad.
Comments
Yes especially garden once you go into certain rooms everything including me as the killer just disappears. I'm on console so I don't have filters or anything to help.
I just made a post about this. I'm on PS4 and the inside of Garden of Joy is bright for me, but for my friend who's on PS5, it's pitch black in some places. We loaded into a custom match to test out the difference and it was insane. Especially the last pic, which was a side-by-side of his view and mine.
Check out the difference.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/341101/edit-why-does-goj-look-so-different#latest
I was playing on Ultra graphics, but turned it down to medium and now it's a tiny bit better. But yeah, some rooms are pitch black... and if it's Dredge, forget it.
Lower graphics result in brighter houses, I really wish it was at a middle ground. I don't want bright as heck houses, but they dont need to be pitch black either lol
Oddly, it's not pitch black for me. In some rooms that are pitch black for others, it's bright for me. I'm on PS4 and have no idea why it's so different.
I gave them feedback to put in dark hallways and areas with reflected lighting so this looks really cool to me. I think it gives the maps a lot more character.
As far as being blind. I got used to the maps after a few games, but maybe this may give way to buffing shadowborn to see better in the dark too.
I play on PC with low graphics settings and it's also pitch black for me. It's weirdly inconsistent between different platforms and settings. There doesn't seem to be one thing guaranteed to brighten the GoJ house.
oh my god this blew my mind. what
For me the garden of joy house is so bright. I hate it and idk why it's bright
Same exact thing for me. Tested it with my friend aswell
I don't have a photo but I do have a video of me going through the whole house clear as day
https://youtu.be/_i2qoLkzBpwjust skip to garden of joy map. Wait nvm I think I edited it out
Use filters.
Why wouldn't you
I cannot see in that house either. It is extra bad because I wear sunglasses while I play the game. And survivors wonder why we face camp...
The price of looking cool ๐
Haddonfield didnt shock me, but yeah, Garden of Joy house is so dark it's really hard to move.
Because console my friend.
I can see perfectly fine
Garden of joy and haddonfield houses are way too dark right now. Maps like badham don't have this issue so I don't know why this happened
When I play against dredge or claun, I cant see ######### either. Its frustrating when game you want to play makes your vision blurry or dark af.
Oh hey, another reason to post my screenshot of that room~