What is Wrong with Spirit?
She is high tier killer. Good add-ons. Good chase power. Good mobility.
But all Spirits i faced are hard tunnelling. Is she really hard to win without tunnelling? What are you think?
She is high tier killer. Good add-ons. Good chase power. Good mobility.
But all Spirits i faced are hard tunnelling. Is she really hard to win without tunnelling? What are you think?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Absolutely nothing is wrong with her. She’s godly and you must bow down to her. Always!
It is just not fun against her lately. They are proxy camping and then tunnelling you from hook.
And she is not even weak, i played against great Spirit mains. They destroyed me. I know she has this potential, i just don't know why people are playing her like that.
Most people that play Spirit seem to be sour grapes players that are incapable of not sweating as hard as possible. Nurse players tend to be the same. Both are killers with largely one sided chase interactions, so I assume they attract players that care about no one's experience except their own.
How dare you even question why they tunnel. Spirit can tunnel whenever she wants because she is the best and you must respect her at all times! And no even if they don't tunnel she will still be the best of the best.
Who knows?
Every killer has such behavior (hehe) from time to time.
It happens.
I think you and @TheGannMan will be besties.
And no, she can not tunnel my poor girl Mikaela. All she wants is a boon, that's all.
Even Freddy?
Let me bring you to my world
Spirit can tunnel whenever and whoever she wants! Again she will be the best girl and nobody can claim her throne.
Yes, even Freddy.
What's wrong with tunneling?
If they are doing that at 5 gens, i think something wrong with them. Especially after DS was gutted by BHVR.
It is annoying when it is done unnecessarily.
There is nothing wrong with tunneling only if the Spirit is the one doing it. All other killers are not worthy and must respect her, she is the only one worthy of tunneling.
Well it’s because generally camping and tunneling are “legitimate strategies” stated by the devs. It’s not Spirit’s fault.
There's not really fundamentally wrong with tunneling. I get it sucks to play against at times, but if you are playing to win than the easiest way atm is to kill someone quickly. I think tunneling shouldn't be as effective as it is right now, but you can't really fault killers for doing so. At least, imo, tunneling is a lot easier to deal with compared to being facecamped. Proxy camping is annoying, but if done with an actual reason such as defending a small group of gens then it's not a problem just smart.
Plus sometimes survivors don't really give you a choice but to tunnel. I was playing a blight game the other night to do some the blight challenges. I had found and hooked this feng, on my way to the hook I saw a david and after I hooked her I went searching for him. Couldn't find him and as I was about to leave the area, he unhooks feng. So I rush back, down the feng and go searching for david and he's no where to be found. So I just hooked the feng again. Now she's on 2nd hook, I had 2 gens pop on the otherside of the map, and david unhooks her while I'm still nearby again. The smart move (which I did) was to just go after Feng and kill her. I knew she had no protection.
most players dont find it fun
Sorry, but Spirit is the one who bows at Claudettes feet.
Claudette is a level behind Spirit. She’s still majestic, but Spirit rules all!
Survivors tend to play waaay immersed against Spirit. Personally, sometimes I feel bored trying to find Claudettes in bushes, so yes the infamous strategy may happen 🤐
NO! Spirit is the one that Claudette is bowing too. Did you just disrespect the goddess?
You're delusional, I understand you have an infatuation with her and your mind is clouded, so I will forgive you.
Incorrect, Claudettes Majesty prevents her from bowing to someone such as Spirit. Spirit has always been and will always be inferior.
Most ppl just play Spirit cuz shes easy to pubstomp with though superior numbers thanks to her nutty addons.
Once those addons run out and you cant MDR your way to the BBQ auras, those people are lost because they arent used to her base kit.
And honestly? Basekit Spirit is a very balanced fun and fair killer. Weaker than Basekit Nurse and Blight though which I guess is enough for a lot of ppl to not bother putting the time in to practice looping the Spirit way.
It's boring.
True, but let's be real. If you have to do these things as Spirit, you just suck at the game.
As an aside, at least make your alt account a bit less obvious lol.
Never!
I’d get mad at the player not the killer.
Also, I had nothing to do with that 💀
I guess other Spirit lovers are considered alts now, I guess that's where it had to come to be. I shall now cry in a corner.
That's obviously photo-shopped, I could clearly see that Claudette's head is pasted over Poo Poo Bird Ladies head.
Not photoshopped, it's just the truth. The Spirit's throne is never going to be claimed by the evil Claudette.
Obviously it's not the characters fault. The question is why is it so prevalent with Spirit players. Weaker killers it at least makes sense even if it sucks. For some reason the cheapest tactics seem to go hand in hand with Spirit players. Considering her strength it's baffling.
Join the Pyramid Head cult, you infidels.
thats mostly a problem with the players, not necessarily the killer.
It can be hard to gauge the flow of a match sometimes. Sometimes I'll feel like things are going slowly and I can try going for 12 hooks, and then all of a suddenly the last 2 gens pop at once, only a couple people are on death hook and the exit gates are being opened.
If I just decide to play hard from the get-go instead of trying to make it a fun game with 12 hooks, I would probably get more wins, and it sure does get tempting to do so when you get teabagged at the exit gates.
If even Blight and Nurse are unable to beat certain teams then how is Spirit, who you admit is weaker, balanced?
I think it goes without saying.
It's probably MMR dependable; Once you start facing full SWF premades like me, you'll be forced to tunnel, unless the map favors you or you're fine with zero sacrifices and a total of six up to eight hooks in the overwhelming majority of cases.
I don't use generator regression perks, I don't use add-ons, so it's definitely possible to „win“ even without tunneling, but it's pretty much impossible to get 4k constantly, unless you're tunneling.
The most times you encounter her, she'll proxy camp the hook within 16 - 28 meters, always returning back, unless you feed her; And even then, the odds of leaving her prey trapped below the hooked survivor are so high that I wouldn't risk it.
I've faced some player with Spirit around two weeks ago. Apparently, tunneling is fun, or so he has told me in the post-game chat. I don't get such people, to be honest.. They're pretty much always hypocrites anyway.
Yes, I'd agree with that; I have, yet, to encounter Rin without add-ons. I'm not asking for a lot, but one match against add-onless Rin without Dried Cherry Blossom and Stridor, but that's not really gonna happen, eh?
BBQ kinda sucks when it comes to Rin, whereas Rancor and Spies From The Shadows are top, as you can't see auras while phasing. I can't wait for Dried Cherry Blossom to get changed back to its old version, to be honest. As somebody who plays add-onless Rin ever since her release, I won't suffer even if all of her add-ons were to be removed from the game, although that's pretty unrealistic..
Exactly, her base kit is B - A, map dependable. For example, you're not gonna perform well in Eyrie of Crows, where and when sand makes for completely silent footsteps, unless you're used to and are using Stridor. I also don't have to practice, as if you can predict their moves, you're good to go; A few matches without perks, add-ons, offerings, and sound on a daily basis shall do the trick.
Impossible, i was informed those problems were solved forever.
Survivors tunnel generators so the only response is for killers to tunnel survivors.
Eh? Most nurse and blight players I meet are hard tunneling as well. Just like most killers do lately. Spirit is no exception
What do you mean join it? I started it. That scrumptious cake is all mine.
I think Spirit is fine, but that is frustrating to be getting tunneled by her a lot.
I would argue what most people don’t find fun is being eliminated early, not actually “tunneling”. When I see someone complain about me tunneling them after a game it’s always because I just happened to see and down them a couple times in a row. I’ve never seen anybody complain that I tunneled them if they escaped.
They're not true spirit players they are imposters.
Jeez, how many spirit simps are on this forum?
I haven't seen nor encountered many, to be honest. In a thread dedicated for Rin, I've seen two without including myself.