The Other Side are Players Too

After this patch, I feel like the rise in Us Vs. Them has become rather prevalent. This patch is quite unusual because it favors killers, something that has not really happened in along time. Not only does it favor killers, it favors them a lot with a series of changes that make playing killer less painful.

However, this patch also revealed a simple fact about most players; they have no idea how the other side works at all.

You have survivors who are horrifed at the mere idea of being tunneled in endgame, and killers who have to bring the strongest perks on the strongest killers and slug everyone because they might get gen rushed.

It should be noted that the survivor has no clue what tunneling actually is and the same goes for the killer and gen rushing.

While the latest batch does have its problems (75% grind reduction is a lie, Blood point Bonuses, Botany Buff, Self Care), it does have some good changes.

Disabling DS and Off the Record in the endgame makes sense because the only way to counter these perks was to tunnel or camp.

Making Corrupt Intervention deactivate on downing a survivor is a great way to balance the perk.

A lot of perks that were limited in effectivness like Hope, Surge, Overcharge, and Inner Focus got changes to them that make them more worthwhile to use.

At the end of the day, remember that there is no reward for High MMR. Just take a breather and focus on having fun, not just sweating every match.

Comments

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105167#Comment_3105167

    But shouldn't the pre-patch killer fare much better under this circumstances? They got +20% palette breaking speed and +15% successful swing recovery contra 10%/10%. Why wasn't this build not that "crazy strong" or even "OP" in the past, but now its deemed so super oppressive that wholes teams crumble and die at 4 gens remaining?

    Because you had to give up perk slots for that, which is a very good thing.

    Imagine that build you mentioned, except that it is joined by 3 more slowdown perks and an even stronger Thanatophobia.

    Those numbers are not "broken" or "overpowered" by themselves. They become a problem when they are paired together with a full slowdown, which should not be possible

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105178#Comment_3105178

    I think that, even though BHVR clearly doesn't want to, they should implement more build restrictions, which paradoxically would open up more design space for them, as not everything has to be balanced against everything else.

    Like give certain perks a "gen regression" or "gen slowdown" keyword and you can only have to equipped at a time. Or maybe even let Nurse just have one slot for gen regression, crazy, I know, but maybe it's time for some more individual restrictions.

    You could do the same with "second chance perks", restricting the more bonkers combos without necessarily nerfing the individual perks.

    This is basically what Exhaustion was added for.

    Before this patch I suggested doing something similar with second chance perks, anything that effectively gave you a free health state with no other cost, so Decisive, Unbreakable, Deliverance. Basically you would get one 'second chance' per game, and if you used say Unbreakable, then you used that one 'second chance' up and you could no longer DS or Deliverance.


    Using a similar system for slowdowns could be feasible, but slowdowns are so varied, and with varied potencies too, that it would need to only target the few really problematic ones.

    I'm thinking at the moment the perks that would make the most sense would be; Overcharge, Eruption, Pop Goes the Weasel, Oppression. These all require the killer to kick a gen and all initiate some form of bonus regression. So if there could be a mechanism that limited these effects to only one at a time, that could be an effective restriction. You could still pair them with things like Dragon's Grip, Trail of Torment, even Call Of Brine (because this doesn't initiate any big regression dump, it just doubles your base regression rate).

    Things like Thanatophobia are trickier to work into a shared system, I think this just needs a flat nerf, or alternatively it could be powerful enough to become a Hex, or just be reworked to something like "upon injuring a survivor by any means, gains 1 stack for 60 seconds", this would mean stacks would successively drop off even if survivors didn't heal themselves.


    Know what else could be a good idea and allow more nerfs to slowdown? Killer add-on buffs.

    Nurse doesn't need more slowdown, nor does Blight, but Myers? Trapper? Sadako? Maybe.

    Ghostface for example has an add-on that regresses a gen by 20%! that's not insignificant, and it can save you using a load of slowdown perks on him.

    You could give Myers an add on that functions as a mini Jolt with a shorter distance when in tier 3, or Trapper one that inflicts survivors who disarm traps with a temporary reduction to repair speeds. You can then nerf slowdown perks even further, and the killers most reliant on them have other options, giving them room to use non-slowdown perks like... Brutal Strength or STBFL.

  • @Beatricks said:

    Up until this patch I tried really hard to see things that way. But I just can't anymore. Killers are so insanely unreasonable that I can't put up with it anymore.

    SoloQ needs a little loving, because it's miserable.

    ~No, every survivor is a toxic 4man SWF with 4 toolboxes who BM at every opportunity and now cry because we don't have dead hard.

    Maybe at least Nurse's addons can be looked at?

    ~Nope, we are whiny survivor mains who are salty that without DH we can't bully killers.

    Literally nothing gets through to their heads. Literally zero empathy. I'm done being nice.

    Well said. I agree.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105197#Comment_3105197

    This is basically what Exhaustion was added for.

    Before this patch I suggested doing something similar with second chance perks, anything that effectively gave you a free health state with no other cost, so Decisive, Unbreakable, Deliverance. Basically you would get one 'second chance' per game, and if you used say Unbreakable, then you used that one 'second chance' up and you could no longer DS or Deliverance.

    Using a similar system for slowdowns could be feasible, but slowdowns are so varied, and with varied potencies too, that it would need to only target the few really problematic ones.

    I'm thinking at the moment the perks that would make the most sense would be; Overcharge, Eruption, Pop Goes the Weasel, Oppression. These all require the killer to kick a gen and all initiate some form of bonus regression. So if there could be a mechanism that limited these effects to only one at a time, that could be an effective restriction. You could still pair them with things like Dragon's Grip, Trail of Torment, even Call Of Brine (because this doesn't initiate any big regression dump, it just doubles your base regression rate).

    Things like Thanatophobia are trickier to work into a shared system, I think this just needs a flat nerf, or alternatively it could be powerful enough to become a Hex, or just be reworked to something like "upon injuring a survivor by any means, gains 1 stack for 60 seconds", this would mean stacks would successively drop off even if survivors didn't heal themselves.

    Some good ideas here. I really like the Thana idea of auto drop-off. Maybr 45s would be a good measure? You could just heal right now and a heal should still be preferable to waiting it out, but 1min is already quite a lot of time in this game.

    But I think the basic idea we are discussing here is the right step in the right direction: somehow prevent all this stupid stacking of individually ok perks, that easily add up to something broken.

    The other thing is the camping problem. My solution would be to give killers a BBQ basekit effect, ie after hooking someone show them the survivor furthest away (minimum 24m) and give them a 10s +15% speed boost as long as they are moving away from the hook and outside of a chase. Once the killer enters a chase or enters 15m radius around the showcased survivor the speed boost turns off.

  • "Current killer behavior" and "reasonable/non-toxic/good sportsmanship" cannot be mentioned in the same sentence anymore. Most of the killers in game want to make sure you understand that clearly.

    They have been buffed, which is great, but they use this fair advantage to make the other side miserable if possible. It's not about winning but about bullying.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105088#Comment_3105088

    Yes, but they did it wrong.

    Say, for example, instead of buffing the base-kit, they could have buffed the specific perks that affect them: Brutal Strength, Fire Up, STBFL and leave Ruin and BBQ alone.

    That way, you get the intended effect of giving stronger tools for the killers, but you make sure they have to give a perk slot for it, preventing the possibility of a fully stacked slowdown build.

    This is just a suggestion, but what am I saying is that there were better ways to do it that don't make the game boring.

    If you think the issue is the way survs were intentionally caused to have increased death rates is the issue rather than just the fact that the death rates are increased, I don't know how to have a conversation on this topic with you. The whining we're observing would be happening regardless if how the increased death rates were caused.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    "Current killer behavior" and "reasonable/non-toxic/good sportsmanship" cannot be mentioned in the same sentence anymore. Most of the killers in game want to make sure you understand that clearly.

    They have been buffed, which is great, but they use this fair advantage to make the other side miserable if possible. It's not about winning but about bullying.

    Tell that the survivors that I faced today. After an unhooking there was a big confusion and after some frantic flailing the unhooked Laurie on death hook lay on the floor. Both me and Dwight stared at her for a second, then I chased Dwight over half the map.

    Laurie died later that match, but at least she got a fighting chance.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105218#Comment_3105218

    Some good ideas here. I really like the Thana idea of auto drop-off. Maybr 45s would be a good measure? You could just heal right now and a heal should still be preferable to waiting it out, but 1min is already quite a lot of time in this game.

    But I think the basic idea we are discussing here is the right step in the right direction: somehow prevent all this stupid stacking of individually ok perks, that easily add up to something broken.

    The other thing is the camping problem. My solution would be to give killers a BBQ basekit effect, ie after hooking someone show them the survivor furthest away (minimum 24m) and give them a 10s +15% speed boost as long as they are moving away from the hook and outside of a chase. Once the killer enters a chase or enters 15m radius around the showcased survivor the speed boost turns off.

    I'm not keen on basekit aura reading, and I don't think BHVR are either.

    The main thing with camping is, it's a legit strategy, with a cost. That cost is you're giving up gen pressure. So capitalise on it. If the counter to camping is 'doing gens', then make gen speeds faster when a killer is camping.

    This is not abusable in the same way that 'slowing the hook' was, because any survivor attempting to keep the killer near the hook to maintain this effect isn't doing gens, and so is squandering this effect.

    It could still be too 'complicated' to be basekit though, so I think it could work as a decent survivor perk. "When a killer is within 16m of any hooked survivor for more than 10s, this perk activates. All survivors receive a 6/8/10% increase to repair speeds until the killer is more than 24m from the hooked survivor, does not stack with itself."


    Other than that, killer incentives are also important, like BBQ. Pain Resonance also worked really well to dissuade camping, but it lost it's information in favour for regression when it should have been the opposite. Nerf the regression to 10% or even 8%, then bring back the noise notification.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    "Current killer behavior" and "reasonable/non-toxic/good sportsmanship" cannot be mentioned in the same sentence anymore. Most of the killers in game want to make sure you understand that clearly.

    They have been buffed, which is great, but they use this fair advantage to make the other side miserable if possible. It's not about winning but about bullying.

    Yeah except that "good sportsmanship" isn't a defined term, and always varies depending on who's playing the game. I get salty surv tears almost every game, no matter what I do, without exception.

    So as far as I can tell, when survs want "good sportsmanship" what they really mean is "I want you to let me win."

  • @kjolnir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105236#Comment_3105236

    Yeah except that "good sportsmanship" isn't a defined term, and always varies depending on who's playing the game. I get salty surv tears almost every game, no matter what I do, without exception.

    So as far as I can tell, when survs want "good sportsmanship" what they really mean is "I want you to let me win."

    Or... "I want you to hook me and stop hitting me on hook when you're the first person you find", or "I want you to allow for my to progress in a way where I can make points and you can also make points by hooking someeone else", etc etc

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105233#Comment_3105233

    I'm not keen on basekit aura reading, and I don't think BHVR are either.

    The main thing with camping is, it's a legit strategy, with a cost. That cost is you're giving up gen pressure. So capitalise on it. If the counter to camping is 'doing gens', then make gen speeds faster when a killer is camping.

    This is not abusable in the same way that 'slowing the hook' was, because any survivor attempting to keep the killer near the hook to maintain this effect isn't doing gens, and so is squandering this effect.

    It could still be too 'complicated' to be basekit though, so I think it could work as a decent survivor perk. "When a killer is within 16m of any hooked survivor for more than 10s, this perk activates. All survivors receive a 6/8/10% increase to repair speeds until the killer is more than 24m from the hooked survivor, does not stack with itself."

    Other than that, killer incentives are also important, like BBQ. Pain Resonance also worked really well to dissuade camping, but it lost it's information in favour for regression when it should have been the opposite. Nerf the regression to 10% or even 8%, then bring back the noise notification.

    For real! Pain Res was the perk that saved killer for me, when survivors were just THAT oppressive. With PainRes I could hook on the fly, get a breather with the gen regression AND got a new target to check out.

    Now PainRes feels so... empty. Lifeless. You hook someone and the void looks back at you. "Did it work? Was it worth it? Were should I go now? Maybe I'll just stay and try to trade hooks? I wonder what I'll be eating for dinner tonight..."

    The combo with DMS was bonkers, but the distant explosion was a good effect that made you leave the hook.

    I think it would have been healthier if they had kept the explosion, but didn't make survivors on the gen scream or be automatically pushed off.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105250#Comment_3105250

    Or... "I want you to hook me and stop hitting me on hook when you're the first person you find", or "I want you to allow for my to progress in a way where I can make points and you can also make points by hooking someeone else", etc etc

    Cool story. I'd love for lone survivor survs to stop teabagging despite barely escaping alive because it's hyper-toxic dioucebaggery, but I'm an adult and know it's not going to happen so I ignore it. Because I'm an adult.

    So when you can come up with a definition all your survkind can embrace that includes "not whining about hatch" and "no more 4K shaming" then I can get onboard.

    Until then, you all may go fly a kite.

  • @kjolnir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105258#Comment_3105258

    Cool story. I'd love for lone survivor survs to stop teabagging despite barely escaping alive because it's hyper-toxic dioucebaggery, but I'm an adult and know it's not going to happen so I ignore it. Because I'm an adult.

    So when you can come up with a definition all your survkind can embrace that includes "not whining about hatch" and "no more 4K shaming" then I can get onboard.

    Until then, you all may go fly a kite.

    Guess you hit people in the hook then because it feels as if I hit a nerve...

  • @Wewantjason said:

    Tunneling as killer is a viable strategy point blank. Its risk and reward because you can lose all your gens doing it. You are baiting the team to be altruistic. Period

    Gen rushing isn't even a thing. Survivors ONLY objective to escape is do gens. period.

    Either side complaining about either thing is absolutely entitled and does not understand how the other side works. period.

    I love this game and play and win both sides. People need to learn the new meta. Point blank. It took me a good chunk of games and all my builds on every character I play is different from pre patch and my win rates have actually sky rocketed on both sides

    frankly the only time i lose now is as survivor when teammates throw or dc.

    This game definitely has an us vs them mentality

    I complain both tunneling/camping & Gen rush so... period period period

  • OOOGA BOOOGA MY SIDE GOOD YOUR SIDE BAD OOOGA BOOOGA

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105285#Comment_3105285

    Guess you hit people in the hook then because it feels as if I hit a nerve...

    LOL why would I do that? It's a complete waste of time.

    Guess you teabag in the most toxic way possible, it feels as if I hit a nerve.

  • @kjolnir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105333#Comment_3105333

    LOL why would I do that? It's a complete waste of time.

    Guess you teabag in the most toxic way possible, it feels as if I hit a nerve.

    7ytospzofl511.jpg

    this you?

  • You realize all you're doing right now is proving my arguments about survs to be right, right?

    Please, keep going.

  • @kjolnir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105403#Comment_3105403

    You realize all you're doing right now is proving my arguments about survs to be right, right?

    Please, keep going.

    All I'm proving is that you think this is some kind of war where only one side is to blame.

    But well...

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105417#Comment_3105417

    All I'm proving is that you think this is some kind of war where only one side is to blame.

    But well...

    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104626#Comment_3104626

    Killers aren't the ones being unreasonable. And honestly, this post is a perfect example.

    Sure, some are having a bit of fun at your expense, because of the years upon years of killers getting the greasy end of the stick, and the second something gets nerfed, we get posts like this sulking and catastrophizing.

    Some are trying to explain that things are still fine, you'll just need to adapt a bit.

    You're also deliberately strawmanning here. Hard.

    • Literally nobody is saying that every survivor is a toxic 4man, and I challenge you to find me a single person that is. What people are saying is that you cannot balance the game around both solos and SWF, and thus this game has to be balanced around SWF.
    • Nurse is too strong, and I think the vast, vast majority of players agree. The problem is that - as you so perfectly demonstrate here - the second they give in and change anything now, you're going to want more. And more. And more. Until basically every change that has been made this patch is undone - I mean, the amount of 'revert gens to 80 seconds but keep regression perks nerfed' posts...bloody hell.

    Seriously, this post is the epitome of us versus them.

    Stop.

    PS: You are projecting here. Hard.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104648#Comment_3104648

    We have empathy. We just think the game is healthier now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104704#Comment_3104704

    Bingo.

    What annoyed me was the 'us versus them is bad - but us versus them is killers fault and so we should hate all killer players because they are all terrible people' mindset.

    Just...argh.

    Problem with balancing around SWF is that before the update killers were playing 70% of their games against soloq and now those people are leaving the game because its such a miserable experience. Now as a killer most of my games are against SWF and I can still normally secure 2k which is a win in my book but most killers don't think this is a win and want more. Why would anyone want to stick around if they are going to be tunneled or camped almost every game or just watch a mediocre killer get an easy 4k. The devs need to figure out a way to give soloq a buff while making sure that SWF doesn't get one. One of the biggest issues with soloq is a lack of communication, something the devs have known about for quite some time and still have done nothing about. I'm not sure if giving a ping system or comms in game would fix all the issues but it would definitely help.

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104732#Comment_3104732

    Problem with balancing around SWF is that before the update killers were playing 70% of their games against soloq and now those people are leaving the game because its such a miserable experience. Now as a killer most of my games are against SWF and I can still normally secure 2k which is a win in my book but most killers don't think this is a win and want more. Why would anyone want to stick around if they are going to be tunneled or camped almost every game or just watch a mediocre killer get an easy 4k. The devs need to figure out a way to give soloq a buff while making sure that SWF doesn't get one. One of the biggest issues with soloq is a lack of communication, something the devs have known about for quite some time and still have done nothing about. I'm not sure if giving a ping system or comms in game would fix all the issues but it would definitely help.

    70%?

    Says...who?

    That hasn't been my experience, at all. At least half of my games have a full or partial SWF in them.

    Nobody is getting camped 'every other game'. Yes, camping needs a look, but it's a difficult fix to get right.

    Yes, I'd like to see solos get a buff, but I don't know if communication is the issue. Coordination is the issue, but you can't give that artificially. That all said - this is a game best played in a group. There are tons of tools to find groups. Is it such a bad idea to nudge people towards groups?

    @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105248#Comment_3105248

    For real! Pain Res was the perk that saved killer for me, when survivors were just THAT oppressive. With PainRes I could hook on the fly, get a breather with the gen regression AND got a new target to check out.

    Now PainRes feels so... empty. Lifeless. You hook someone and the void looks back at you. "Did it work? Was it worth it? Were should I go now? Maybe I'll just stay and try to trade hooks? I wonder what I'll be eating for dinner tonight..."

    The combo with DMS was bonkers, but the distant explosion was a good effect that made you leave the hook.

    I think it would have been healthier if they had kept the explosion, but didn't make survivors on the gen scream or be automatically pushed off.

    PR will get nerfed again - it's numbers are a bit out of whack with the changes. I wish they'd nerfed the numbers from the start and kept the scream - it gave the perk so much character.

    @JoByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105006#Comment_3105006

    If you think I will call people out you are wrong.

    I can only hope the developers sees in their numbers what I and many solo q survivors are feeling and that is that the game right now feels hopeless and impossible.

    Even small games have some sort of information system, it can’t physically be that hard to make? I don’t know, I’m not an expert. It just feels weird that they can’t make a little effort to get this done.

    I think it'd be a fair amount of work - for what I'm almost certain will be minimal gains. Because communication doesn't mean coordination.

    @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105088#Comment_3105088

    Yes, but they did it wrong.

    Say, for example, instead of buffing the base-kit, they could have buffed the specific perks that affect them: Brutal Strength, Fire Up, STBFL and leave Ruin and BBQ alone.

    That way, you get the intended effect of giving stronger tools for the killers, but you make sure they have to give a perk slot for it, preventing the possibility of a fully stacked slowdown build.

    This is just a suggestion, but what am I saying is that there were better ways to do it that don't make the game boring.

    Interesting. I'm finding the game less boring on both factions.

    @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104970#Comment_3104970

    Supposedly not being able to balance around Solo Queue is no excuse for bad behavior which, bad news bears, it is mostly coming from killers this time. If the situation was reversed, you bet I would be saying the same to Survivors. But it isn't.

    And, again, killers were NOT getting the greasy end of the stick. You point out DS and OoO taking a bit of time to change, but you forget SEVERAL changes that came before you time, and mine, as a matter of fact. Those two perks as you knew them are nowhere near close to the level of power some killers had available for them, and I am not saying those things HAD to be nerfed or buffed or adjusted. I don't handle changes well. All I am saying is that the situation for killers was not as bad as you are saying. It hasn't been for years.

    And yes, the developers weren't happy with the kill rates. But they have chosen a bad way to fix that.

    Your intention is not bad, but you are doing it the wrong way. You want to be a voice of reason? Then you have call out Survivors who are generalizing AND killers who are trolling and being defensive. Toxicity goes both ways, and must be removed on both sides equally.

    And there is nothing rational and calm about, basically, telling solo survivors to "lose out"

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105006#Comment_3105006

    Could have waited for me to reply before typing something else.

    Skill Issue - This is not what those posts meant, and you know it. They were basically saying you just have to "git gud", against things like the Legion and Plague apocalypse, or the ultra stacked slowdown. Or how about the rise of camping and tunneling?

    As for Dead Hard, I don't doubt a few Survivors got carried by it. The same thing can be said about NOED. But many posts here are endlessly claiming that DH is the sole reason why people are complaining, and that couldn't be further away from the truth. In fact, a vast minority in the Forums have complaints centered around Dead Hard's demise.

    And MMR doesn't work. Everyone knows that.

    As for the kill rates, sure, that was their objective. But there are better ways to do it. BHVR made a very poor call.

    As always.

    1. Define 'bad behavior'. I don't know what you mean here.
    2. I'm not saying that killer balance hasn't improved over time. I'm saying that even when I started in 2020, it was dire. Especially since killers had zero matchmaking protections at the time.
    3. What power did killers have available to them (outside of quickly fixed bugs) equivalent to team-wide permanent wallhacks?
    4. I can tell that you don't handle change well :) It's...something you'll have to learn though.
    5. I 'call out' people I disagree with, when I see specific, unprovoked examples.
    6. Here's the thing. It's not nice to say, but there isn't much you can do to help solos that won't make the SWF matchup worse. You can't artificially give people coordination or the same mindset. I'm not trying to be nasty - just realistic.
    7. Which posts? Be specific (as in, which specific posts are you talking about here?).
    8. Yes, people will have to learn to play around Thana. This will be difficult in solo. Unless you want to totally rework the perk, I don't want any more killers or perks nerfed because of solo - until we've at least tried some bandaids to help solos communicate. Legion will mean healing each other and splitting. Plague will mean overcleansing.
    9. What 'rise' of camping and tunneling? These have always been around and have always sucked.
    10. A few buggaboos aside, I think this patch was a huge leap in the right direction.
    11. MMR absolutely does work. It's not perfect, but compared to before - as an intermediate player - it was night and day how many more 'close' matches I was getting. Ranks, with the endless smurfing, monthly resets etc. were a bloody nightmare.
  • @TatsuiChiyo said:

    This patch did 2 things, did them really well, amd its throwing a lot of Survivors into a panic.

    1- It showed a LOT of players have been carried thanks to DH. And before anyone jumps down because I DARED mention that perk, read. DH allowed players to extend chases they otherwise wouldn't have been able to, either thanks to dodging a hit or gaining ground to the next loop. And even IF you are on of the majority minority who claim they never used DH, I guarantee you have had teammates who did, and you were able to reap the benefits.

    Now chases are ending quicker, allowing Killers to have a momentum. This leads into the 2nd part.

    2- M1 Killers have become more viable. In the past few years M1 Killers were weak simply because if you couldn't chase you were at a disadvantage. This patch now allows M1 Killers to better perform. No, they haven't jumped forward in tier lists, but now chases are no longer heavily reliant on either a Killers power or lack of DH.

    As for all of these other "problems", I promise you they have existed before this patch. Killers still camped and tunneled (and those strats were still viable and legal than) Thana Legion and Plague did exist (I would know, I ran them and good teams still beat them). Games are just now ending quicker cause people quit on first hook, or quit cause they dont like Killer.

    bUT i DonT LIkE X KiLl3R/StrAt. Its a game, I recommend getting over it.

    The only issue is indeed SoloQ, but again, Devs cant really buff SoloQ without buffing SWF with them, and thats not Killers fault, thats the Devs problem.

    Why this is absolute bunk: Those who used dead hard well were already good loopers. Yes, it could extend a chase. But, survivors who used it knew they had it. They always planned around it. I know killer mains like to think it was just some mindless perk survivors used to get out of a situation they got themselves out of without any planning. But that's simply not the case.

    Dead hard on a bad looper delayed the killer maybe 5 seconds. It was not some escape chase free perk. You had to know what you were doing. The problematic survivors were the ones who used dead hard with a plan. Those same survivors are able to adapt without dead hard. Chances are they even played games without dead hard before the patch was even announced. They might have used it a lot, but they probably occasionally took it off and played without it.

    Now, some of the other stuff will take some adjustments. Such as new bloodlust, new cool down, and reduced distance on hit. But dead hard was not the crutch everyone thought it was. It was strong, in the right hands. Maybe too strong. But the better the player, the better use they got out of it

    The problem with the patch is the excessive regression. Want proof: look how few complaints that ruin got MASSACRED there are. The last ruin change had everyone up in arms. This one, even though the perk is now essentially useless? Crickets. Because they have stronger, non hex slowdown and regression to take it's place. Instead of ruin and undying, they can run call of brine and overcharge, no need to worry about a survivor eating two perks fifteen seconds into the match.

    The massive regression is making the game worse. Combined with lack of buffs to solo queue (even some basic information would go a long way. Like showing your teammates perks in lobby. How does that buff swf in any way? And a chase indicator for all survivors would assist in letting them know they need to go for the save. Again, info swf already have for free)

    It's not even about escape rates. Even when I escape )usually through hatch because killers give up on me and focus on my teammates) games just aren't very fun because of the levels of regression some killers are using and are able to use now that other perk slots have been freed up. Games are just a bit miserable.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105533#Comment_3105533

    70%?

    Says...who?

    That hasn't been my experience, at all. At least half of my games have a full or partial SWF in them.

    Nobody is getting camped 'every other game'. Yes, camping needs a look, but it's a difficult fix to get right.

    Yes, I'd like to see solos get a buff, but I don't know if communication is the issue. Coordination is the issue, but you can't give that artificially. That all said - this is a game best played in a group. There are tons of tools to find groups. Is it such a bad idea to nudge people towards groups?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105266#Comment_3105266

    PR will get nerfed again - it's numbers are a bit out of whack with the changes. I wish they'd nerfed the numbers from the start and kept the scream - it gave the perk so much character.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105027#Comment_3105027

    I think it'd be a fair amount of work - for what I'm almost certain will be minimal gains. Because communication doesn't mean coordination.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105139#Comment_3105139

    Interesting. I'm finding the game less boring on both factions.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105072#Comment_3105072

    1. Define 'bad behavior'. I don't know what you mean here.
    2. I'm not saying that killer balance hasn't improved over time. I'm saying that even when I started in 2020, it was dire. Especially since killers had zero matchmaking protections at the time.
    3. What power did killers have available to them (outside of quickly fixed bugs) equivalent to team-wide permanent wallhacks?
    4. I can tell that you don't handle change well :) It's...something you'll have to learn though.
    5. I 'call out' people I disagree with, when I see specific, unprovoked examples.
    6. Here's the thing. It's not nice to say, but there isn't much you can do to help solos that won't make the SWF matchup worse. You can't artificially give people coordination or the same mindset. I'm not trying to be nasty - just realistic.
    7. Which posts? Be specific (as in, which specific posts are you talking about here?).
    8. Yes, people will have to learn to play around Thana. This will be difficult in solo. Unless you want to totally rework the perk, I don't want any more killers or perks nerfed because of solo - until we've at least tried some bandaids to help solos communicate. Legion will mean healing each other and splitting. Plague will mean overcleansing.
    9. What 'rise' of camping and tunneling? These have always been around and have always sucked.
    10. A few buggaboos aside, I think this patch was a huge leap in the right direction.
    11. MMR absolutely does work. It's not perfect, but compared to before - as an intermediate player - it was night and day how many more 'close' matches I was getting. Ranks, with the endless smurfing, monthly resets etc. were a bloody nightmare.

    I know it must be hard to accept but no one is complaining about SWF on the forums but there are tons of posts lately of people complaining about the miserable experience that solo is right now so imo 70% seems like an accurate number. Considering my experience as killer I would also say that 70% was correct before the patch.

    I played about 15 games with some friends the other day and there were 2 where we didn't run into a camper or tunneller. So camping and tunneling is a bigger issue than you think. Its not a difficult fix, all they have to do is teleport the person on the hook to another hook on the other side of the map when camping (like pyramid head's cage ability already does), that fixes the issue of camping and tunneling.

    Trying to force anyone to play the way you want them to is never a good idea. Its much easier to coordinate if you have a ping system like apex legends or in game comms. For instance, I am partially colorblind and don't always see auras of my teammates (even with colorblind mode active) depending on the map so I'm not sure how to improve that artificially. The ping system is also a better idea because not everyone wants to have to talk or has the social skills to chat with others (such as people with Asperser's) hence why they play solo. Having 3 other people constantly talking can also be very distracting to some. Using discord or other tools to find groups does help find groups but doesn't help with the communication issue unless you are going to try to type a message or open a voice chat using that system which can also lead to issues hearing in game audio. People should be able to play the way they want and every group should be considered when making changes if you want to diversify your player base to bring in more revenue and keep the game around.

  • @Beatricks said:

    Up until this patch I tried really hard to see things that way. But I just can't anymore. Killers are so insanely unreasonable that I can't put up with it anymore.

    SoloQ needs a little loving, because it's miserable.

    ~No, every survivor is a toxic 4man SWF with 4 toolboxes who BM at every opportunity and now cry because we don't have dead hard.

    Maybe at least Nurse's addons can be looked at?

    ~Nope, we are whiny survivor mains who are salty that without DH we can't bully killers.

    Literally nothing gets through to their heads. Literally zero empathy. I'm done being nice.

    • Yes solo queue does need some love
    • Doesn't matter SWF is a serious problem, not every nurse is an omegablink starstruck nurse with 1k hours either
    • Nurse can get looked at when SWF get looked at.
  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104626#Comment_3104626

    Stop, read what you posted, and listen to what you just said.

    Do you really think a thing called "killers" exist? That said term actually is real? That there's a hive mind that goes through things with a robotic mindset that controls everything you encounter? Sheesh.

    There is no such thing as "killers" or "survivors", nor are there hive minds that think or act alike. There are individual people playing a VIDEO GAME in which the results that take place in said "game" aren't the end of the world, even if some hyperbolic people make it out to be exactly that.

    There are simply people who play a "role", sometimes solely one or the other. There's plenty of people like myself who play both roles, who understand the frustrations that have come and currently do come with either. There's actual children playing the game, adults acting like children, really crappy people who're playing for the wrong reasons, a handful of old as %$&# people like myself, and a LOT of people, adults and minors who're just trying to have fun when they hit "ready", and many of us still are trying to have that fun, even when the game isn't perfect at times.

    You said you "tried really hard" to realize that there are people -- those aren't perfect people, but flawed people who don't always do the right things, sometimes even if their heart is in the right place -- on the other end of the game that you're playing? And now you won't anymore, as if that would make things better for anyone?

    Try harder.

    The "pick a side" nonsense that pollutes this community and this forum is tiresome, unnecessary, does NOTHING to improve the experience of EVERYONE who IS playing the game to have a good time, and it counterproductive to actual, meaningful change that would make the game better for all who play it. Be BETTER than the people you perceive aren't part of the solution, or else you're simply being more of part of the problem

    I could not agree more! When you buy Dead by Daylight you get the option to play both roles, and so many do play both roles. There is no US vs THEM. It's Dead by Daylight players vs Dead by Daylight players. Both teams are inter-changeable, one and the same. There's no need for senseless fighting and toxicity in this game anymore.

    There's only two acceptable outcomes to a game, you either say "gg" and move on, or if you're feeling particularly kind, complement your allies or adversary! How hard is it to say "Thanks for the unhook Bill!" or "Nice shot, Huntress!" instead of placing a pox upon everyone in the end-game chat?

  • @Beatricks said:

    Up until this patch I tried really hard to see things that way. But I just can't anymore. Killers are so insanely unreasonable that I can't put up with it anymore.

    SoloQ needs a little loving, because it's miserable.

    ~No, every survivor is a toxic 4man SWF with 4 toolboxes who BM at every opportunity and now cry because we don't have dead hard.

    Maybe at least Nurse's addons can be looked at?

    ~Nope, we are whiny survivor mains who are salty that without DH we can't bully killers.

    Literally nothing gets through to their heads. Literally zero empathy. I'm done being nice.

    if you actually generalize all killer mains like that, then that's pretty sad. It's not hard to understand that there enough people that main one of the other side that do not think this way, and do care about both sides.

    So if you really support this us vs them idea because of certain killer mains, then that's just dumb.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I used to have a lot of admiration for people who play killer. I was not happy at all when the developers decided to nerf Billy, Freddy and Deathslinger. I've posted my opinion about these multiple times in their respective threads.

    But now that solo q is once again being left behind and forgotten, even thought it was already the most miserable role in the game, I don't see that many killer mains having at least a bit of empathy towards solo q players, quite the opposite actually.

    Pretty sure there are a lot of killer mains that sympathize with survivor right now. I have seen a lot myself, and I am one of them.

    Of course people only identify those people that think survivors should not receive any buffs as killer mains. Not to mention that negative comments that can make one upset generally stand out more to people.

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105668#Comment_3105668

    I know it must be hard to accept but no one is complaining about SWF on the forums but there are tons of posts lately of people complaining about the miserable experience that solo is right now so imo 70% seems like an accurate number. Considering my experience as killer I would also say that 70% was correct before the patch.

    I played about 15 games with some friends the other day and there were 2 where we didn't run into a camper or tunneller. So camping and tunneling is a bigger issue than you think. Its not a difficult fix, all they have to do is teleport the person on the hook to another hook on the other side of the map when camping (like pyramid head's cage ability already does), that fixes the issue of camping and tunneling.

    Trying to force anyone to play the way you want them to is never a good idea. Its much easier to coordinate if you have a ping system like apex legends or in game comms. For instance, I am partially colorblind and don't always see auras of my teammates (even with colorblind mode active) depending on the map so I'm not sure how to improve that artificially. The ping system is also a better idea because not everyone wants to have to talk or has the social skills to chat with others (such as people with Asperser's) hence why they play solo. Having 3 other people constantly talking can also be very distracting to some. Using discord or other tools to find groups does help find groups but doesn't help with the communication issue unless you are going to try to type a message or open a voice chat using that system which can also lead to issues hearing in game audio. People should be able to play the way they want and every group should be considered when making changes if you want to diversify your player base to bring in more revenue and keep the game around.

    So...70% isn't a stat, it's your own estimate.

    My estimate is very different, whether I'm on survivor or killer.

    Your camping solution would cause more issues than it would solve, mate.

    I don't know how much a ping system would do, because A. I play a lot of games with ping systems, and it's just wall to wall spam. Your hypothetical player would be just as overwhelmed with 3 people spamming pings on cooldown and B. communication isn't coordination. You can't force people to listen to your pings.

    I'm not against the idea, I just think it's going to be - at best - a wash.

    You cannot balance this game around both solos and SWF.

  • @AnnoyingNarrator said:

    After this patch, I feel like the rise in Us Vs. Them has become rather prevalent. This patch is quite unusual because it favors killers, something that has not really happened in along time. Not only does it favor killers, it favors them a lot with a series of changes that make playing killer less painful.

    However, this patch also revealed a simple fact about most players; they have no idea how the other side works at all.

    You have survivors who are horrifed at the mere idea of being tunneled in endgame, and killers who have to bring the strongest perks on the strongest killers and slug everyone because they might get gen rushed.

    It should be noted that the survivor has no clue what tunneling actually is and the same goes for the killer and gen rushing.

    While the latest batch does have its problems (75% grind reduction is a lie, Blood point Bonuses, Botany Buff, Self Care), it does have some good changes.

    Disabling DS and Off the Record in the endgame makes sense because the only way to counter these perks was to tunnel or camp.

    Making Corrupt Intervention deactivate on downing a survivor is a great way to balance the perk.

    A lot of perks that were limited in effectivness like Hope, Surge, Overcharge, and Inner Focus got changes to them that make them more worthwhile to use.

    At the end of the day, remember that there is no reward for High MMR. Just take a breather and focus on having fun, not just sweating every match.

    ...

  • @neb said:

    OOOGA BOOOGA MY SIDE GOOD YOUR SIDE BAD OOOGA BOOOGA

    That about sums it up.

    This is the most partisan game fanbase I've ever seen. It's absurd.

    Like 75% of all posts are the lunatic ravings of people with no general perspective on the game.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105417#Comment_3105417

    All I'm proving is that you think this is some kind of war where only one side is to blame.

    But well...

    @kjolnir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105438#Comment_3105438

    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    are you should your both adult?

    your both acting like children

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104732#Comment_3104732

    Problem with balancing around SWF is that before the update killers were playing 70% of their games against soloq and now those people are leaving the game because its such a miserable experience. Now as a killer most of my games are against SWF and I can still normally secure 2k which is a win in my book but most killers don't think this is a win and want more. Why would anyone want to stick around if they are going to be tunneled or camped almost every game or just watch a mediocre killer get an easy 4k. The devs need to figure out a way to give soloq a buff while making sure that SWF doesn't get one. One of the biggest issues with soloq is a lack of communication, something the devs have known about for quite some time and still have done nothing about. I'm not sure if giving a ping system or comms in game would fix all the issues but it would definitely help.

    someone who understands why I said solo should get a 5th perk slot not swf

    @NekoGamerX said:

    I posted this in another thread but don't said if good idea or not so

    I think an easy fix to solo would be if your solo you get a 5th perk slot but only for solo and only for aura perks, but if your in a group of 2,3 or 4 the 5th slot is gray out can't use it

    the 5th slot can only be use for aura perks and you can only pick one

    so Bond Kindred or Empathy I think there are other aura perks but those are the 3 best I think

    I'm sure most would use kindred for that slot

    I don't know if the dev be able to pull that off but I feel it would work

    what you guys think?

    my thread but how dev do thing I don't know.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107235#Comment_3107235

    So...70% isn't a stat, it's your own estimate.

    My estimate is very different, whether I'm on survivor or killer.

    Your camping solution would cause more issues than it would solve, mate.

    I don't know how much a ping system would do, because A. I play a lot of games with ping systems, and it's just wall to wall spam. Your hypothetical player would be just as overwhelmed with 3 people spamming pings on cooldown and B. communication isn't coordination. You can't force people to listen to your pings.

    I'm not against the idea, I just think it's going to be - at best - a wash.

    You cannot balance this game around both solos and SWF.

    How would my camping solution cause more more problems? It doesn't seem to cause problems when pyramid head puts you in a box. If your going to offer criticisim maybe do it in a constructive way and tell me why it wont work, mate.

    Your estimate is different because I'm talking about before the patch and before a whole bunch of people left the game. Show me a stat then but based off of logical thinking most people play solo. If you can't think logically and come to the conclusion that most games killers were being paired against were solo then you have to be in denial. How many SWF team do you think are in the game at one time? By your comment you must think that solo has been non existent and only SWF play this game. Which is grossly untrue if you look at the forums and the people that are saying that solo is terrible.

    If you play ping system games and people are just spamming you must have some terrible luck. I was just playing some apex earlier today and the 2 other random teammates I played with in the matches I played did nothing of the sort. The only time anyone spams ping is when they are down and trying to get you to come to them before they die.

    You can balance this game for solos and SWF the game just needs to be able to distinguish which teams are solo and which are SWF and balance accordingly. I'm not going to offer a solution on how this will be done because you will just shoot it down without and explanation.

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107745#Comment_3107745

    How would my camping solution cause more more problems? It doesn't seem to cause problems when pyramid head puts you in a box. If your going to offer criticisim maybe do it in a constructive way and tell me why it wont work, mate.

    Your estimate is different because I'm talking about before the patch and before a whole bunch of people left the game. Show me a stat then but based off of logical thinking most people play solo. If you can't think logically and come to the conclusion that most games killers were being paired against were solo then you have to be in denial. How many SWF team do you think are in the game at one time? By your comment you must think that solo has been non existent and only SWF play this game. Which is grossly untrue if you look at the forums and the people that are saying that solo is terrible.

    If you play ping system games and people are just spamming you must have some terrible luck. I was just playing some apex earlier today and the 2 other random teammates I played with in the matches I played did nothing of the sort. The only time anyone spams ping is when they are down and trying to get you to come to them before they die.

    You can balance this game for solos and SWF the game just needs to be able to distinguish which teams are solo and which are SWF and balance accordingly. I'm not going to offer a solution on how this will be done because you will just shoot it down without and explanation.

    In a word? Unforeseen consequences. It would make defending the hook nearly impossible for one - and while camping/tunneling need a look, unhooks should absolutely not be free.

    Another scenario - as a killer, I could manipulate this to make unhooking very. very difficult by bouncing people around the map right before the unhook.

    Do most people play solo? I'd have to dig up the quote, but if I recall, BHVR said that most people outside of complete newbies at least dabble in SWFs.

    My problem is that you're making statistical claims without any sort of data, and basing an argument around it. The burden of proof is on you to prove your claims, not on me to disprove them.

    Ping spamming in Apex...just Google it. So many complaints.

    Yes, it would be simpler to just treat solos and SWFs as different matchups and balance them differently, but BHVR have emphatically said that they won't ever do this, so that discussion is completely moot.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105533#Comment_3105533

    70%?

    Says...who?

    That hasn't been my experience, at all. At least half of my games have a full or partial SWF in them.

    Nobody is getting camped 'every other game'. Yes, camping needs a look, but it's a difficult fix to get right.

    Yes, I'd like to see solos get a buff, but I don't know if communication is the issue. Coordination is the issue, but you can't give that artificially. That all said - this is a game best played in a group. There are tons of tools to find groups. Is it such a bad idea to nudge people towards groups?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105266#Comment_3105266

    PR will get nerfed again - it's numbers are a bit out of whack with the changes. I wish they'd nerfed the numbers from the start and kept the scream - it gave the perk so much character.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105027#Comment_3105027

    I think it'd be a fair amount of work - for what I'm almost certain will be minimal gains. Because communication doesn't mean coordination.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105139#Comment_3105139

    Interesting. I'm finding the game less boring on both factions.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105072#Comment_3105072

    1. Define 'bad behavior'. I don't know what you mean here.
    2. I'm not saying that killer balance hasn't improved over time. I'm saying that even when I started in 2020, it was dire. Especially since killers had zero matchmaking protections at the time.
    3. What power did killers have available to them (outside of quickly fixed bugs) equivalent to team-wide permanent wallhacks?
    4. I can tell that you don't handle change well :) It's...something you'll have to learn though.
    5. I 'call out' people I disagree with, when I see specific, unprovoked examples.
    6. Here's the thing. It's not nice to say, but there isn't much you can do to help solos that won't make the SWF matchup worse. You can't artificially give people coordination or the same mindset. I'm not trying to be nasty - just realistic.
    7. Which posts? Be specific (as in, which specific posts are you talking about here?).
    8. Yes, people will have to learn to play around Thana. This will be difficult in solo. Unless you want to totally rework the perk, I don't want any more killers or perks nerfed because of solo - until we've at least tried some bandaids to help solos communicate. Legion will mean healing each other and splitting. Plague will mean overcleansing.
    9. What 'rise' of camping and tunneling? These have always been around and have always sucked.
    10. A few buggaboos aside, I think this patch was a huge leap in the right direction.
    11. MMR absolutely does work. It's not perfect, but compared to before - as an intermediate player - it was night and day how many more 'close' matches I was getting. Ranks, with the endless smurfing, monthly resets etc. were a bloody nightmare.

    70% sounds about right or you think the long killer wait times always been there before this patch and 4 man team doesn't always happen mostly partial 2 man or 3 man with either 1 or 2 solo.

    how you know who was swf group? you can't tell from in game and some 4 man group normally are messing around.

    what you said (Is it such a bad idea to nudge people towards groups?)

    I say yes some people don't want to chat with someone they don't know.

    solo is how the game should be played not knowing what your teammate are doing where the killer is meant to be scary which at this point it not.

    after this patch I'm sure your getting a lot of 4 man SWF now after the long wait for a match.

    but really the only thing that I hated the most about this patch was everything to do with the bloodweb and BP gain after a match

    after a match killer or survivor it don't feel worth it.

    because they didn't fix the grind they made it worse.

    edit btw the 'rise' of camping and tunneling it the 90sec gens on top of speed buff killers got to they basekit and the buff to alot of slow down perks which make camping and tunneling much much easier and that the rise of camping and tunneling.

    killer just don't want to see it only see survivors bad with out deadhard that also they don't want they buffs taken away.

    why they don't think the changes are big deal.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107903#Comment_3107903

    In a word? Unforeseen consequences. It would make defending the hook nearly impossible for one - and while camping/tunneling need a look, unhooks should absolutely not be free.

    Another scenario - as a killer, I could manipulate this to make unhooking very. very difficult by bouncing people around the map right before the unhook.

    Do most people play solo? I'd have to dig up the quote, but if I recall, BHVR said that most people outside of complete newbies at least dabble in SWFs.

    My problem is that you're making statistical claims without any sort of data, and basing an argument around it. The burden of proof is on you to prove your claims, not on me to disprove them.

    Ping spamming in Apex...just Google it. So many complaints.

    Yes, it would be simpler to just treat solos and SWFs as different matchups and balance them differently, but BHVR have emphatically said that they won't ever do this, so that discussion is completely moot.

    Yeah, the teleporting hooks idea isn't new. It looks good at a quick glance, but quickly falls apart upon analysis for the reasons you mentioned. It would make defending a hook nearly impossible (and some hook defense is absolutely necessary), and if the killer can see the hook location, they could make life miserable for teams trying to save (can you imagine a Sadako or Dredge? the hook would in constant motion).

    And I think the numbers I saw on solo v. SWF was something like 50% pure solo at any given time, a smaller percentage of 2 person SWF, 3 person swf lower still, and 4 person at the lowest rate. So at least some randoms in the vast majority of games going on at any given time.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107903#Comment_3107903

    In a word? Unforeseen consequences. It would make defending the hook nearly impossible for one - and while camping/tunneling need a look, unhooks should absolutely not be free.

    Another scenario - as a killer, I could manipulate this to make unhooking very. very difficult by bouncing people around the map right before the unhook.

    Do most people play solo? I'd have to dig up the quote, but if I recall, BHVR said that most people outside of complete newbies at least dabble in SWFs.

    My problem is that you're making statistical claims without any sort of data, and basing an argument around it. The burden of proof is on you to prove your claims, not on me to disprove them.

    Ping spamming in Apex...just Google it. So many complaints.

    Yes, it would be simpler to just treat solos and SWFs as different matchups and balance them differently, but BHVR have emphatically said that they won't ever do this, so that discussion is completely moot.

    Defending the hook is camping. You can't defend a hook without proxy camping or face camping outside of using an ability to teleport you back to the hook or by laying a trap of some sort. Which there are only a few killers that can do this (trapper, hag, demo ect). Obviously you could solve your scenario by only transporting the person if another survivor is not in a certain range. So if for instance the hag were to teleport to a trap next to the survivor that is being unhooked the survivor wouldn't be transported because another survivor is in said range. Forcing the killer to take chase or to continue to camp which the survivor would then be sent to another hook.

    Newbies will keep the lights on longer than any player that's been around for years. New players will not only buy new dlc and cosmetics that get released but will more than likely buy stuff most people already have if they are enjoying the game. Since pretty much all new players start out solo they will not stick around to spend money if they are losing constantly. So figuring out a way to cater to the new crowd would only bring in more revenue for BHVR.

    Don't tell me that the burden of proof is on me and then tell me to do a simple google search. That has to be the most oxymoronic statement I've ever read. Here is some stats for you from 2020 https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/135357/can-we-get-statistics-for-how-many-people-play-in-swf. I couldn't find anything from more recent but with only 3-6% being full 4 man SWF 2 years ago, I'm sure that number hasn't increased by that much if not gone down because of people leaving to play new released games. 2 man SWF doesn't do anything if you get paired with players that aren't that good, which I've had happen multiple times as killer. The definition of dabble is "take part in an activity in a casual or superficial way." So yes while most new players will "dabble" in SWF most of the time they are playing solo.

    If BHVR is unwilling to treat solos and SWF as different matchups then ultimately the game will fail because new players will not stick around. Since SWF is so op then killers will start to leave also. So have fun playing against that same 3-6% of SWF players.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105340#Comment_3105340

    That about sums it up.

    This is the most partisan game fanbase I've ever seen. It's absurd.

    Like 75% of all posts are the lunatic ravings of people with no general perspective on the game.

    people like conflict ig, it's in human nature

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104949#Comment_3104949

    Sigh.

    They are aware of it.

    It's just...really, really hard to solve. I can't think of many ways to make this gap smaller that won't either require a top down rework of game mechanics or bork the SWF versus killer matchup further.

    Is it overkill? I'm not sure, and neither are you. It's going to come down to what the devs' numbers say, and that'll take some time.

    Who, exactly, is saying 'suck it?'. I can't think of anyone offhand.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104975#Comment_3104975

    As you said - 'not exactly'.

    Skill issue, in the sense of 'survivor is about coordination, and solos tend to be less coordinated' - sure.

    Dead Hard, particularly at higher MMRs, probably let people drift up higher than they should have been.

    MMR will help with this, it'll just take a while. And people also need to understand that the stated goal of this patch was higher kill rates.

    hard to buff solo without buffing SWF? not really. Super ez fix. Bond and Kindred base kit. No buff to SWF whatsoever, but necessary for solo

1 2 ›