Game is still survivor sided even after the patch.

Title.

Seriously if people stopped giving up or throwing the game, survivors still have the advantage.

I hate all these excuses people are making, trying to take it to the extreme when in reality people just arent use to having to try and can mess around and be inefficient and win.

It's a pvp game, you're meant to try to win.. if you dont TRY or play BETTER than your opponent you shouldn't win.

Too many people will see a red bar, or a certain killer and just give up straight away, even if the games not unbalanced they will just give up and use the patch as an excuse.

If you're struggling too much you likely got carried to an mmr beyond your actual skill through good teams carrying you or relied on DH. All this patch did is punish those players who was really inefficient and overly depended on the DH distance/mistake corrector.

The fact alone my wins are easier and my losses is always due to people giving up is stupid, I shouldn't be getting someone give up every other game because of their entitlement.

YOU HAVE TO TRY TO WIN, YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO GENS.... expecting to win without trying or playing well is stupid.

(Yes I know tunneling is an issue, but that's not patch imbalances but just a tunneling issue that can be addressed. And people are quitting even before killers can tunnel so they cant use that as an excuse)

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099019#Comment_3099019

    Survivors are not held anywhere near the same standards as killer. "You lost? Must be you. Must be that mistake or 2 that you didn't capitalize on." Survivors are never told that, outside of talks about punishing camping and tunneling, which they reject as "not real counterplay" and "not our fault". This is the irony of this game.

    Just don't get hit?

    Just don't go down?

    Just do BONES?

    Stop using your crutch perk Dead Hard?

    Stop playing SWF?

    The hypocrisy here is absolutely ridiculous.

    That's irony alright, especially coming from someone like you.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3097325#Comment_3097325

    Of course killers got more than survivors it was supposed to be a killer sided patch. If the would of gave both side equal buffs it wouldn't of changed anything.

    Survivors still got many perk buffs they took the BP from bbq and left the perk but took the BP from WGLF and buffed it. They made hope last all endgame buffed some gen speed perks. Survivors got stuff they just didn't get as much as or more the killers for the first time in along time.

    You honestly sound like a little kid that's throwing a fit because there sibling got mote presents then them.

    But the buffs hope and we are gonna live forever had were laughable if you compare with the killer perk buffs.

    I mean, no time limit on hope is nice, but good luck trying to reach endgame in slowdown meta to actually use this perk.

    WGLF is very situational. Unless you are someone that will put all your effort ingame in getting people up from the floor, your chance of using it in a game are very small.

    It is nice to have these buff but they are a joke compared to the killer buff perk.

  • Way to ignore everything Pulsar just said.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099335#Comment_3099335

    But the buffs hope and we are gonna live forever had were laughable if you compare with the killer perk buffs.

    I mean, no time limit on hope is nice, but good luck trying to reach endgame in slowdown meta to actually use this perk.

    WGLF is very situational. Unless you are someone that will put all your effort ingame in getting people up from the floor, your chance of using it in a game are very small.

    It is nice to have these buff but they are a joke compared to the killer buff perk.

    What killer perk buffs are so crazy?


  • Honestly, I can't tell if these people are trolls or heavily biased. Either way, it's pointless to discuss with them. They could increase gen speeds to 10 minutes and they would still feel oppressed by "toxic crutch perkers survivors". Solo queue players have been the truly oppressed ones for ages.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3097325#Comment_3097325

    Of course killers got more than survivors it was supposed to be a killer sided patch. If the would of gave both side equal buffs it wouldn't of changed anything.

    Survivors still got many perk buffs they took the BP from bbq and left the perk but took the BP from WGLF and buffed it. They made hope last all endgame buffed some gen speed perks. Survivors got stuff they just didn't get as much as or more the killers for the first time in along time.

    You honestly sound like a little kid that's throwing a fit because there sibling got mote presents then them.

    I'm bad at wording things and explaining things at times, and at that time I was tired and kind of rushed that comment, so allow me to simply/explain it a bit more clearly: I was simply just listing some examples of killer buffs and survivor nerfs and didn't really mention the point I was trying to originally make. As I said, the survivor perk buffs were a complete joke. None of them are useful and killers got way bigger buffs in comparison. The issue is that survivors were overly nerfed and killers were overly buffed in the same patch, making the game completely unbalanced and miserable as survivor. Solo took a huge hit as well as they are not with the same level as SWF. Both sides should be equally balanced with each other, not one side more powerful than the other. That being said, both sides should be held to equal standards. That's the point I was trying to make, but I kind of went off track a bit.

    Also, I'm allowed to have my own opinion, so please don't throw petty insults at me just for having a different opinion and view. That doesn't solve anything or contribute to the discussion.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Title.

    Seriously if people stopped giving up or throwing the game, survivors still have the advantage.

    I hate all these excuses people are making, trying to take it to the extreme when in reality people just arent use to having to try and can mess around and be inefficient and win.

    It's a pvp game, you're meant to try to win.. if you dont TRY or play BETTER than your opponent you shouldn't win.

    Too many people will see a red bar, or a certain killer and just give up straight away, even if the games not unbalanced they will just give up and use the patch as an excuse.

    If you're struggling too much you likely got carried to an mmr beyond your actual skill through good teams carrying you or relied on DH. All this patch did is punish those players who was really inefficient and overly depended on the DH distance/mistake corrector.

    The fact alone my wins are easier and my losses is always due to people giving up is stupid, I shouldn't be getting someone give up every other game because of their entitlement.

    YOU HAVE TO TRY TO WIN, YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO GENS.... expecting to win without trying or playing well is stupid.

    (Yes I know tunneling is an issue, but that's not patch imbalances but just a tunneling issue that can be addressed. And people are quitting even before killers can tunnel so they cant use that as an excuse)

    I agree with this wholeheartedly. My best killer is Huntress and I don't use slowdowns on her. I only use a build that I myself would be fine facing, nothing crazy.

    For a while I could blast "The Only One They Fear is You" and I would just 4k for a while. My recent matches though are an outstanding reminder that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer. I started a chart of my games since yesterday and I 've noticed that I have been losing a fair bit as killer nowadays. Minus a fluke match earlier where I got only a 2k because two survivors took their own lives I have usually been faced with 4 man escapes.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099169#Comment_3099169

    It's praise, but at the same time you're claiming that "every survivor hears that, because people are actually saying it", but they're not.

    At some point you have to pull your pants up and admit it's you, with all these changes if someone has trouble as a killer it's because they aren't as good as they thought they were, you have the option to slow gens down to 3 minutes with certain builds and if you choose not to use it then who's fault is it? I 4kd a tourney squad with wraith this morning and in the old patch there would be no way to slow the game down enough for it to matter I would've had to hope for mistakes, wraith isn't even a strong killer either so how can you act like it still isn't a skill issue?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099011#Comment_3099011

    It always does something, because they also have Haste at the same time.

    It's like 2.5% extra speed you're still slower than the killer they're catch up to you pretty easily.

  • Killers did need the buffs they got to help with sweaty swf teams but i feel like some of the nerfs survivors got were unwarranted. DS deactivating in the end game is fine but then they nerfed the part of the perk that shouldnt have been touched, the stun duration. I also think giving Borrowed Time as a 5 second base mechanic has actually nerfed survivors as crazy as it sounds coz no one runs borrowed time any more and 5 secs is very easy just to wait out. I think borrowed time should be 10 secs basekit and ds should be a basekit mechanic that activates after every unhook for a reduced duration, maybe 40-50 seconds with a 5 sec stun.

  • Compare how most of the buffed killer perks are slowdown meta now while only OTR is the only one that is worth to play

    Take thanatofobia, the .5% extra slow was not needed when you are giving all gens +10sec.

    Jolt has no cooldown, so less gen progression.

    Eruption buffed giving less gen progression, plus 25 sec of incapacitation

    Gift of pain, 16% repair speed

    Even Coulriphobia which was terrible can be a pain in the ass if you paired it with a killer with high terror ratio

  • @GannTM said:

    They buffed so many basekit mechanics killers have and what did survivors get? A 5 second BT. It’s insulting how much they catered to just killers this patch, and it hurt solo queue big time, yet you’re still acting like the game is purely survivor sided.

    Literally every big streamer who plays survivor and killer well said before this patch the game was always Survivor sided.

    Giving killers a huge buff made a lot of sense. At the same time you should be aware that the gen defense perk changes made the game harder vs SWF and easier vs soloque. That is dumb.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    As a beginner in the game (started a couple of months ago and play infrequently), I'd beg to differ.

    Even on comms with one friend and without teammates actively throwing, our escape rate is ridiculous. The game was already hard to learn before, but at least we had some escapes and it felt encouraging.

    Literally the only escape I got yesterday was because a Bubba took mercy on me and allowed me to wiggle out and open the gate.

    When you are in low MMR as survivor the game is the hardest. You need to get to a point where you can use the terrain to have decent chases before the game will be fun as survivor. This means you need to learn that you optimally want to run past a pallet a few times before throwing it.

    As survivor skill increases overall this changes to be reversed where the game is most difficult for the killer at high MMR.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099255#Comment_3099255

    At some point you have to pull your pants up and admit it's you, with all these changes if someone has trouble as a killer it's because they aren't as good as they thought they were, you have the option to slow gens down to 3 minutes with certain builds and if you choose not to use it then who's fault is it? I 4kd a tourney squad with wraith this morning and in the old patch there would be no way to slow the game down enough for it to matter I would've had to hope for mistakes, wraith isn't even a strong killer either so how can you act like it still isn't a skill issue?

    They must have been screwing around, or they weren't tourney players as you say. There's no way that Wraith comes anywhere close to beating that. You're right, Wraith isn't a strong killer, because he couldn't have beaten tourney players before his nerf either. And I'm getting mixed messages. I'm a baby killer if I have to use gen defence this update, but I'm a baby killer if I don't?

  • @pizzaduffyhp90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099128#Comment_3099128

    It's like 2.5% extra speed you're still slower than the killer they're catch up to you pretty easily.

    There is a notable difference. Otherwise people wouldn't be running Hope.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099648#Comment_3099648

    They must have been screwing around, or they weren't tourney players as you say. There's no way that Wraith comes anywhere close to beating that. You're right, Wraith isn't a strong killer, because he couldn't have beaten tourney players before his nerf either. And I'm getting mixed messages. I'm a baby killer if I have to use gen defence this update, but I'm a baby killer if I don't?

    Nobody said you were a baby killer but I'm telling you for a fact I did beat a tourney squad with wraith, just because you can't do it doesn't mean nobody else can, in fact I've scrimmaged in KYF with plenty of tourney squads I've scrimmed with a couple members of oracle before , I didn't win but I was using demo at the time and Oracle is arguably the best swf to play this game, you'll meet plenty of people in KYF through discord groups and learn a lot because everyone helps each other learn

  • @Aurelle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099335#Comment_3099335

    I'm bad at wording things and explaining things at times, and at that time I was tired and kind of rushed that comment, so allow me to simply/explain it a bit more clearly: I was simply just listing some examples of killer buffs and survivor nerfs and didn't really mention the point I was trying to originally make. As I said, the survivor perk buffs were a complete joke. None of them are useful and killers got way bigger buffs in comparison. The issue is that survivors were overly nerfed and killers were overly buffed in the same patch, making the game completely unbalanced and miserable as survivor. Solo took a huge hit as well as they are not with the same level as SWF. Both sides should be equally balanced with each other, not one side more powerful than the other. That being said, both sides should be held to equal standards. That's the point I was trying to make, but I kind of went off track a bit.

    Also, I'm allowed to have my own opinion, so please don't throw petty insults at me just for having a different opinion and view. That doesn't solve anything or contribute to the discussion.

    Ok thats fine but it's not the end of the world BHVR can make adjustments but people are acting as if this is the final version of the game and it's clearly not.

    You are absolutely aloud to have your own opinions but how you are stating them is the same way my roommates kids do when one of there siblings gets something and they dont.

  • @Rovend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099400#Comment_3099400

    Compare how most of the buffed killer perks are slowdown meta now while only OTR is the only one that is worth to play

    Take thanatofobia, the .5% extra slow was not needed when you are giving all gens +10sec.

    Jolt has no cooldown, so less gen progression.

    Eruption buffed giving less gen progression, plus 25 sec of incapacitation

    Gift of pain, 16% repair speed

    Even Coulriphobia which was terrible can be a pain in the ass if you paired it with a killer with high terror ratio

    Other then jolt they were minor buffs that was 2%, Eruption is a bad design imo,gift of pain only works the first time your hooked I do believe, the buffs to perks were just as minimal as survivors.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3099657#Comment_3099657

    There is a notable difference. Otherwise people wouldn't be running Hope.

    Who's running hope I've not seen anyone use hope recently and either way that only works in endgame not the rest of it.

  • If youre a killer and actually think the game is still survivor sided youre just bad. 'Git good'.

  • @pizzaduffyhp90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3100425#Comment_3100425

    Who's running hope I've not seen anyone use hope recently and either way that only works in endgame not the rest of it.

    I've seen loads of people using Hope or Adrenaline, sometimes both. Survivors are not being deterred by 10-second longer gens or the medicore slowdowns killer has now. So they're gaining in confidence and are actually bringing 2 endgame perks, because they know if they're efficient they're pretty guaranteed to get those perks off. Everyone is so worried about Endurance that they forgot about the haste that survivors get at base, and more with BT, Hope, and No One Left Behind.

  • @Sludge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3097277#Comment_3097277

    DH nerf was the only change that helped killers at all, the basekit "buffs" are useless.

    So you're okay with reverting them, then? I mean if they're useless...

  • @Zexbunny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3097290#Comment_3097290

    So you're okay with reverting them, then? I mean if they're useless...

    Yeah the buffs are so minor it doesn't help anyway, as long as they keep all the perk nerfs like DH/DS/endgame/selfcare etc.

    Should have nerfed all the meta perks even harder

  • @Beatricks said:

    I mean if you have a 4 man SWF with a map offering and 4 toolboxes then yeah, it's survivor sided. Anything else? It's a skill issue.

    Gg

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Title.

    Seriously if people stopped giving up or throwing the game, survivors still have the advantage.

    I hate all these excuses people are making, trying to take it to the extreme when in reality people just arent use to having to try and can mess around and be inefficient and win.

    It's a pvp game, you're meant to try to win.. if you dont TRY or play BETTER than your opponent you shouldn't win.

    Too many people will see a red bar, or a certain killer and just give up straight away, even if the games not unbalanced they will just give up and use the patch as an excuse.

    If you're struggling too much you likely got carried to an mmr beyond your actual skill through good teams carrying you or relied on DH. All this patch did is punish those players who was really inefficient and overly depended on the DH distance/mistake corrector.

    The fact alone my wins are easier and my losses is always due to people giving up is stupid, I shouldn't be getting someone give up every other game because of their entitlement.

    YOU HAVE TO TRY TO WIN, YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO GENS.... expecting to win without trying or playing well is stupid.

    (Yes I know tunneling is an issue, but that's not patch imbalances but just a tunneling issue that can be addressed. And people are quitting even before killers can tunnel so they cant use that as an excuse)

    problem is killers dont get PUNISHED for camping and tunneling because devs themselves have said its a legit strat, so how are survivors supposed to react to that? youve seen how killers reacted, they upped the camping and tunneling immensely, this basekit BT is a joke, ranged killers and chasing killers its useless, and any killer thats actually tunneling theyll just count to 5-15 and down you anyway


    and i dont know if its a bug or feature, but now hex haunted grounds activates twice with undying, if its a bug that means the devs didnt do their job testing all the perks since they were doing a big perk rework, they shouldve tested all the perks before pushing them to live, if it is a feature, why? the text on the perks havent changed since the update undying is supposed to be the first totem taken out no matter what, which means haunted should never be the first totem destroyed, meaning it wont proc (this is to protect your totem after all)

1 2 3 ›