Has BHVR turned their back or given up on the game?

It should be obvious by now that the last patch broke the game. Survivors, especially solo survivors, have no chance of winning against a buffed killer across the board. Matches I have witnessed survivors have stopped trying. Nothing was done to help the survivors in this patch, while massively buffing killers. After watching an hour of streaming this morning to get a little atmosphere of the climate of the game. Killer streamers waiting in long queues and steamrolling every single match. It was so boring watching killers 4K every match. Not sure how they had a thousand watching but they did.

Survivor perks are not working. OTR is being countered by hitting someone off the hook. Perks are too weak or not working.

Killer queues have crashed because so few wants to play in an unfun and unbalanced match.

I think they thought this patch would work because they listen to only killer mains and streamers. Unfortunately, this very small loud minority is not how the game should be played or who it should be balanced for.

Comments

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085658#Comment_3085658

    But what do they want the kill rates to be? I can tell you from my experience I have seen way more survivors die than escape. If the new survivor experience is to be them dying more than they used to in a match then survivor mains probably aren't going to be too happy about that.

    They say they aim for 2k 2 escape as a good baseline, but recent kill rate charts suggest most killers on average got 2k if a 50%+ killrate equates to that

    Perhaps the overall killrate of all killers combined across all 'mmr brackets' or whatever is less than that, no idea

    Maybe it's only slightly under where they want it to be, hence the basekit buffs

  • I'm sorry, all I got is "Bless yer heart, Sluzzy"

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085815#Comment_3085815

    Scott is mostly a killer main. Saying survivors simply need to adapt is making light of the issue that survivors have been nerfed 6 years non-stop and might be tired of adapting. Killers were massively buffed so they don't have to adapt.

    Survivors got nothing to replace their meta perks, while killers simply got more or even stronger slow gen perks with STBFL as base-kit and slower gens on top of more slow down regression perks. Scott didn't talk about that.

    This right here! A lot of survivor mains are essentially having to relearn how to play the game again after the last patch. Metas form as a counter to the opponent but it doesn't mean those metas break the game or make it impossible for killers to win. I'll never believe DH was as problematic as killer mains made it out to be. It never worked out for me half the time and I even stopped using it because I found better value in other perks.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085876#Comment_3085876

    This right here! A lot of survivor mains are essentially having to relearn how to play the game again after the last patch. Metas form as a counter to the opponent but it doesn't mean those metas break the game or make it impossible for killers to win. I'll never believe DH was as problematic as killer mains made it out to be. It never worked out for me half the time and I even stopped using it because I found better value in other perks.

    If DH wasn't 'that good' why was it used in 70% of games? Why was it the most used perk in the whole game?

    What I'm about to say isn't a dismissal of your opinion, it's just something I want to point out

    If you've never played killer (Esp m1 based killers) for an extensive amount of time, you might not fully understand why the perk was as complained about as it was. As someone who's lost entire matches because of this perk, let me assure you the frustration and cheapness of the perk was there and well earned.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086286#Comment_3086286

    It is not that simple. What you are saying is that it should be balanced around the top percent of survivors without considering the skill level of the killer. DBD is asymmetrical so we can't balance that way because now the majority of survivors don't have a chance to win because it is balanced so "bad" killers automatically win or that they have a tremendous advantage by default.

    This is not COD. It is an asymmetrical game. The killer isn't supposed to win every single game just because you've got a little experience.

    Should the killer win every time? No, but that is not what I am saying. I am saying things like dead hard get nerfed because when used to their full potential they are abusable and too strong. Again if you do not balance for the top of the game what the hell are you doing? If you balance the game for little Timmy who has 100 hours the game will suffer. I will agree this patch went too far however in some ways. I do not agree with the stun duration nerf on decisive it already had a decent condition to prevent its abuse.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086343#Comment_3086343

    If DH wasn't 'that good' why was it used in 70% of games? Why was it the most used perk in the whole game?

    What I'm about to say isn't a dismissal of your opinion, it's just something I want to point out

    If you've never played killer (Esp m1 based killers) for an extensive amount of time, you might not fully understand why the perk was as complained about as it was. As someone who's lost entire matches because of this perk, let me assure you the frustration and cheapness of the perk was there and well earned.

    It was used a lot, but did it guarantee anything? No. A killer could have 5 good games in a row but if they have 1 match where a team of DH users doesn't give them the same result as the previous 5 matches then they'll likely remember that 1 match more than the other good ones they had. Negative experiences seem to resonate more than positive ones in certain things. Its kind of a pattern in PvP games in my opinion.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086351#Comment_3086351

    It was used a lot, but did it guarantee anything? No. A killer could have 5 good games in a row but if they have 1 match where a team of DH users doesn't give them the same result as the previous 5 matches then they'll likely remember that 1 match more than the other good ones they had. Negative experiences seem to resonate more than positive ones in certain things. Its kind of a pattern in PvP games in my opinion.

    It did guarantee a lot, actually.

    It guaranteed you could greed loops

    Make it to windows by using it for distance (Which most killers had to just sit and take with no agency)

    I-frames that hard countered oppressive chase powers (Nemesis, Huntress, Victor and so on.)


    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086325#Comment_3086325

    The difference is there is still good killer regression perks worth using including the ones that got nerfed the same cannot be said for the other side not to mention they also buffed some regression perks and made gens longer across the board.

    There is only a "new meta" or lack thereof for one side, the survivor side.

    The meta is the same for killers as its always been and you even admit it in your response lol. You admit the killer experience is "tunnel and camp" and justify it by saying "its just the killer experience whether we like it or not" I'm sure you felt the same way about dead hard "Its just the survivor experience whether we like it or not" except no not really. Just add regression and we're at where we've always been for killer meta like you've already admitted.

    Stale tunneling, camping with regression on top of regression, but now its even easier to catch survivors because you have so much hand holding and get rewarded for playing poorly as killer.

    The meta has only changed for one side and I would not even say it has changed, they just made the only good survivor perks worth running bad enough to warrant not using them at all, leaving a hole where there used to be a meta, the meta now for survivor are the perks they did not nerf that were strong pre patch. Today it was DH that was OP tomorrow its sprint burst and so on.

    Even the perks they "buffed" are not worth running. There is still plenty of useless perks like Buckle Up that haven't even been touched lol.

    If you think this update is okay I suggest you catch one survivor as bubba while running MS, Deadlock, PR and Dead mans switch or NOED.

    This build alone allows me to fully face camp two survivors to death before they can even pop the last gen and then go out for a third one (assuming survivors are playing optimally, spoiler most of the time they do not).

    EZ 3ks just by catching 3 survivors a single time, but sure this patch is gr8 nothing to see here BHVR.

    I didn't say camping/tunnelling was the meta, just that they are part of the killer experience. The devs haven't (and likely won't) make it impossible to do either because they are tactics that should be discouraged/deincentivised but not outright banned. I think Peanits said as much that the dev team prefers to encourage killers to swap targets with stuff like endurance and the like. If it's not enough, I'm sure we'll see more changes.

    Also funny you mention me not saying the same about DH when DH is a perk, not a strat. You want me to justify something's existance on the survivor side? Looping. Looping is part of the surv experience, whether killers like it or not. There you go.

    As far as killers tactics go, are they effective? Of course they are.

    The problem with your build is Bubba, not the perks. If you have a killer who you cannot save against, then they are the problem.


    Besides I never said the patch was perfect or anything like that, I just disagree with the notion that BHVR 'doesn't care' when they could've just left the game as it was pre this patch and it would've been fine for a while. They didn't tho

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086387#Comment_3086387

    It did guarantee a lot, actually.

    It guaranteed you could greed loops

    Make it to windows by using it for distance (Which most killers had to just sit and take with no agency)

    I-frames that hard countered oppressive chase powers (Nemesis, Huntress, Victor and so on.)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086389#Comment_3086389

    I didn't say camping/tunnelling was the meta, just that they are part of the killer experience. The devs haven't (and likely won't) make it impossible to do either because they are tactics that should be discouraged/deincentivised but not outright banned. I think Peanits said as much that the dev team prefers to encourage killers to swap targets with stuff like endurance and the like. If it's not enough, I'm sure we'll see more changes.

    Also funny you mention me not saying the same about DH when DH is a perk, not a strat. You want me to justify something's existance on the survivor side? Looping. Looping is part of the surv experience, whether killers like it or not. There you go.

    As far as killers tactics go, are they effective? Of course they are.

    The problem with your build is Bubba, not the perks. If you have a killer who you cannot save against, then they are the problem.

    Besides I never said the patch was perfect or anything like that, I just disagree with the notion that BHVR 'doesn't care' when they could've just left the game as it was pre this patch and it would've been fine for a while. They didn't tho

    DH never guaranteed anything. It was an entirely situational perk. At best in the open it bought you a couple seconds unless you used it at distance then you gained a few seconds. In the best situations for survivors it had to be used at the right moments to offer a considerable reward. You're comparing the plays of high MMR players which is not the norm to that of casual player's use of the perk which is the norm. Any expectation for the majority of survivors to improve up to the skill level of the 1% is unreasonable and will only be met with criticism and negative reviews. I looked at the steam reviews for DBD yesterday and today and was shocked at how many negative reviews this game has gotten since the patch when live. Clearly people are not happy with this and at the end of the day the only thing that matters for this game is satisfied customers.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086408#Comment_3086408

    DH never guaranteed anything. It was an entirely situational perk. At best in the open it bought you a couple seconds unless you used it at distance then you gained a few seconds. In the best situations for survivors it had to be used at the right moments to offer a considerable reward. You're comparing the plays of high MMR players which is not the norm to that of casual player's use of the perk which is the norm. Any expectation for the majority of survivors to improve up to the skill level of the 1% is unreasonable and will only be met with criticism and negative reviews. I looked at the steam reviews for DBD yesterday and today and was shocked at how many negative reviews this game has gotten since the patch when live. Clearly people are not happy with this and at the end of the day the only thing that matters for this game is satisfied customers.

    "entirely situational perk"

    aka being injured in chase

    That is the only "situational" aspect of the perk. DH was a huge safety net, a guarantee that even when injured you have the ability to prolong a chase. Before it was fixed I'd agree that there was no guarantee, because sometimes it straight up didn't work.

    But they fixed that.


    Also, again - """high mmr""" has nothing to do with it. Mediocre survivors could use DH to extend their chases by way longer than a few seconds. If you were using it in the open, you weren't using it correctly. That's on you, not the perk. I don't consider myself particularly high mmr but I know how to use DH properly and my teammates certainly did so, It can't be that hard.

    As for the reviews, I take it with a grain of salt.

  • Yesterday I had 50s killer queues during peek hours, because peeps still enjoy playing SWF with their friends. Strange concept, I know, but I can live with my tripple queue times during peek :>

    Not gonna lie though, on other times I got 3-5min, but I expect that numbers to eventually go down once more and more survivors figure out that they a) are no killer mains in their heart an b) how to loop and greed less under under the new rules.

    Already the games feel much more normal, yet fairer then ever before. You get the occasional total stomp round, but most of the time survivors are now working hard to get their gens done and it's working.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086586#Comment_3086586

    "entirely situational perk"

    aka being injured in chase

    That is the only "situational" aspect of the perk. DH was a huge safety net, a guarantee that even when injured you have the ability to prolong a chase. Before it was fixed I'd agree that there was no guarantee, because sometimes it straight up didn't work.

    But they fixed that.

    Also, again - """high mmr""" has nothing to do with it. Mediocre survivors could use DH to extend their chases by way longer than a few seconds. If you were using it in the open, you weren't using it correctly. That's on you, not the perk. I don't consider myself particularly high mmr but I know how to use DH properly and my teammates certainly did so, It can't be that hard.

    As for the reviews, I take it with a grain of salt.

    Mediocre killers didn't even have to learn how to use a perk. Slowdown perks automatically tilt the game greatly in killer's favor. This is why survivor is in a broken mess - there are double standards to balancing. Killers got more slowdown perks.

    Survivors didn't get another dead hard. DS was nerfed, perks don't even work endgame. But its OK for killer to stack No Way Out, NOED, Blood Warden. Those are no less uncounterable than dead hard.

    No developer wants bad reviews.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086631#Comment_3086631

    Mediocre killers didn't even have to learn how to use a perk. Slowdown perks automatically tilt the game greatly in killer's favor. This is why survivor is in a broken mess - there are double standards to balancing. Killers got more slowdown perks.

    Survivors didn't get another dead hard. DS was nerfed, perks don't even work endgame. But its OK for killer to stack No Way Out, NOED, Blood Warden. Those are no less uncounterable than dead hard.

    No developer wants bad reviews.

    Sluzzy you listed 3 endgame perks but you claim Killer is so easy they win before 5 gens are done

    Curious.


    No of course no dev wants bad reviews but they obviously understand what a knee-jerk reaction is. It hasn't even been a week yet.

  • You know if Sluzzy agreed with your opinion, you know there's something wrong lol.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085999#Comment_3085999

    90% is really blowing it way out of proportion. It was a popular perk because, whether you admit it or not, it was the only perk that gave some slight utility in chase. 90% of other survivor perks are trash. DH was fun to use. Making a perk way less fun to use in a video game is not ideal, especially when no substitute was provided to help make up the difference.

    Do you think a very small dash was OP against a Blight, Nurse, or Huntress (with 5 hatchets) was actually too strong? I don't think so. The mains of these killers never lose, we don't need to conveniently forget that.

    Calling it a "get out of jail free" card is just a cheap way of saying you think survivors are not supposed to have anything useful or fun to use.

    Killers have always been viable. Too overpowered now.

    dbd perk usage.jpg

    90% is over exaggerating it but was just under 75% usage and the next perk after that was 50% that's a huge increase.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086666#Comment_3086666

    Sluzzy you listed 3 endgame perks but you claim Killer is so easy they win before 5 gens are done

    Curious.

    No of course no dev wants bad reviews but they obviously understand what a knee-jerk reaction is. It hasn't even been a week yet.

    In reality they have a slowdown perk or two and then No Way Out and NOED or Blood Warden. I was giving an example that nerfing DH because it gave a slight advantage while killer solidify their wins with perks seems silly to me.

    Circle of Healing was swiftly nerfed for killer mains a total of 3 times. BHVR didn't say that was "knee jerk reactions".

    But to demonstrate how they make a difference, they have been radio silent on their game being "unplayable" for survivors trying to enjoy the game.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086682#Comment_3086682

    In reality they have a slowdown perk or two and then No Way Out and NOED or Blood Warden. I was giving an example that nerfing DH because it gave a slight advantage while killer solidify their wins with perks seems silly to me.

    Circle of Healing was swiftly nerfed for killer mains a total of 3 times. BHVR didn't say that was "knee jerk reactions".

    But to demonstrate how they make a difference, they have been radio silent on their game being "unplayable" for survivors trying to enjoy the game.

    Again Sluzzy it hasn't been a week since the patch dropped, we might still see changes in a hotfix in the coming week. At the very least some communication.

    Also you're making progress, you finally admit having DH was an advantage. Good stuff


    Funny thing about Circle, they've nerfed it like twice (they actually nerfed boon radius in general at one point not just COH) but it's STILL the best healing perk in the game. No contest

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086697#Comment_3086697

    Again Sluzzy it hasn't been a week since the patch dropped, we might still see changes in a hotfix in the coming week. At the very least some communication.

    Also you're making progress, you finally admit having DH was an advantage. Good stuff

    Funny thing about Circle, they've nerfed it like twice (they actually nerfed boon radius in general at one point not just COH) but it's STILL the best healing perk in the game. No contest

    Well, shouldn't a perk give a little advantage?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It should be obvious by now that the last patch broke the game. Survivors, especially solo survivors, have no chance of winning against a buffed killer across the board. Matches I have witnessed survivors have stopped trying. Nothing was done to help the survivors in this patch, while massively buffing killers. After watching an hour of streaming this morning to get a little atmosphere of the climate of the game. Killer streamers waiting in long queues and steamrolling every single match. It was so boring watching killers 4K every match. Not sure how they had a thousand watching but they did.

    Survivor perks are not working. OTR is being countered by hitting someone off the hook. Perks are too weak or not working.

    Killer queues have crashed because so few wants to play in an unfun and unbalanced match.

    I think they thought this patch would work because they listen to only killer mains and streamers. Unfortunately, this very small loud minority is not how the game should be played or who it should be balanced for.

    Stop overreacting, they didn't give up on the game. It's a mid chapter update they'll see feedback in adjusted in the next update

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085999#Comment_3085999

    90% is really blowing it way out of proportion. It was a popular perk because, whether you admit it or not, it was the only perk that gave some slight utility in chase. 90% of other survivor perks are trash. DH was fun to use. Making a perk way less fun to use in a video game is not ideal, especially when no substitute was provided to help make up the difference.

    Do you think a very small dash was OP against a Blight, Nurse, or Huntress (with 5 hatchets) was actually too strong? I don't think so. The mains of these killers never lose, we don't need to conveniently forget that.

    Calling it a "get out of jail free" card is just a cheap way of saying you think survivors are not supposed to have anything useful or fun to use.

    Killers have always been viable. Too overpowered now.

    Lol nice way to try to downplay how broken DH was. No offense but you lowkey just sound like another person crying cuz you had your safety net DH taken away. Killers were always viable yeah sure I'm guessing that's why they had to change original Freddy cuz he was sooo strong and how completely scary and OP Trapper is. I would have loved to watch you struggle playing killer because it sounds like you never touched it a day in your life. Try playing both sides to see each strengths and weakness before claiming to know anything about the game. Playing one side is why we have low IQ survivors killing themselves on first hook because they realize they aren't ######### without dead hard. If dead hard wasn't that strong or OP then why is it an issue that it got nerfed? Even if it wasn't broken it got hit with the nerf because devs wanted a meta shift, go look at any random DBD video made before last week and see 90% of survivors running DH it was overused. Go on and use that lie of an excuse survivors seem to be spewing lately "I nEvEr uSeD dEaD hArD" funny how ever since the update a lot of people say they don't use dead hard and yet it was at least 3 survivors every match using it xD

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086290#Comment_3086290

    Pre-nerf DH was completely busted, it completely outclassed 80% of all perks in the game and was so versatile it was ran in 70% of survivor games.

    Current DH I don't really know how to feel about it. Not planning on using it

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086305#Comment_3086305

    They nerfed all the killer mainstay perks

    Pop, Corrupt, Ruin, Pain Res, NOED, Tinkerer

    The meta IS different now. Maybe not in the way you like, but it's certainly different and still developing.

    As for survivor perks, the only three big nerfs were DH, DS and IW.

    Self care was already bad, they made it worse for some reason

    Spine chill's vault speed increase made no sense

    Yeah granted DS's stun time being reduced to 3s is bad, that's a change I disagree with but disabled during endgame is completely fair

    Both sides run perks to counter each other's tactics, this is not news to anybody - BHVR wanted to shake up the meta to make the game less stale overall. Yes people will camp and tunnel but they always have done. It's part of the killer experience whether we like it or not

    They nerfed self care because it has always been part of the meta in Asian servers. I know it's not popular in other countires but it is hella popular there, I haven't seen any Asian players not run self care

  • @TheDappaScrappa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086325#Comment_3086325

    They nerfed self care because it has always been part of the meta in Asian servers. I know it's not popular in other countires but it is hella popular there, I haven't seen any Asian players not run self care

    Self care was strong I'd used in the right hands. Plus I think some people never moved on from when self care was considered the strongest perk in game in the OG gen rush meta.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086586#Comment_3086586

    "entirely situational perk"

    aka being injured in chase

    That is the only "situational" aspect of the perk. DH was a huge safety net, a guarantee that even when injured you have the ability to prolong a chase. Before it was fixed I'd agree that there was no guarantee, because sometimes it straight up didn't work.

    But they fixed that.

    Also, again - """high mmr""" has nothing to do with it. Mediocre survivors could use DH to extend their chases by way longer than a few seconds. If you were using it in the open, you weren't using it correctly. That's on you, not the perk. I don't consider myself particularly high mmr but I know how to use DH properly and my teammates certainly did so, It can't be that hard.

    As for the reviews, I take it with a grain of salt.

    I had to reread that line over and over again "DH is a situational perk" has to be the funniest thing I've seen on this forum in a long time 🤣 wasn't sure if they were serious or trolling

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085801#Comment_3085801

    That is nice of you to go easy and let them win. But, that in itself spells out a huge balance issue if you, the killer, have to go easy and balance the horror for them to have a chance. This shouldn't be a killer choice.

    Killers should be required to try very hard or have a lot of experience to win. And killers with experience shouldn't win every game either.

    This confirms the game is broken in favor of killer.

    Meh, it's all depending on the win condition for the killer, if I 2 hook everyone, then they go free

  • It is so dishonest to say things like "Nothing was done to help Survivors" when the patch notes literally have buffed some perks for Survivors and nerfed some of the most annoying Killer ones.


    I feel like people are sleeping on just what a big deal it is that Ruin breaks on first death now.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085913#Comment_3085913

    Dudes just playing solo survivor like every one else. If he can run meme builds and have fun, so can you. What exactly am i missing?

    He does not care whatsoever about surviving or dying. Idk about you but most people want to win while having fun or at least not getting steam rolled. I can have fun while memeing but my MMR will drop so much that I’m gonna be smurfing. That’s what your missing.

    Why do killers complain when they only get 1K if they can meme around and have fun? Plenty of killers farm or just meme around with the survivors. Am I missing something?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It should be obvious by now that the last patch broke the game. Survivors, especially solo survivors, have no chance of winning against a buffed killer across the board. Matches I have witnessed survivors have stopped trying. Nothing was done to help the survivors in this patch, while massively buffing killers. After watching an hour of streaming this morning to get a little atmosphere of the climate of the game. Killer streamers waiting in long queues and steamrolling every single match. It was so boring watching killers 4K every match. Not sure how they had a thousand watching but they did.

    Survivor perks are not working. OTR is being countered by hitting someone off the hook. Perks are too weak or not working.

    Killer queues have crashed because so few wants to play in an unfun and unbalanced match.

    I think they thought this patch would work because they listen to only killer mains and streamers. Unfortunately, this very small loud minority is not how the game should be played or who it should be balanced for.

    They just did a huge amount of work on a new update and patch. So no, they didn't "give up" on the game. You just don't like the patch.


    Some people should really think before they post.

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085951#Comment_3085951

    He does not care whatsoever about surviving or dying. Idk about you but most people want to win while having fun or at least not getting steam rolled. I can have fun while memeing but my MMR will drop so much that I’m gonna be smurfing. That’s what your missing.

    Why do killers complain when they only get 1K if they can meme around and have fun? Plenty of killers farm or just meme around with the survivors. Am I missing something?

    Ah i see what you mean, thanks.

  • @JibbyNeutron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086027#Comment_3086027

    I saw that aswell very frequent like you described. Still most didnt use it correctly. A lot of bots were doing Dh for distance but were so focused to get to the pallet that they stop looking behind. They get to pallet, drop it and boom here I am at their side smacking them down. Yes, doesnt work against really good survivors. But you are capping hardcore if you want to tell me that majority of survivor population is that good. 80% were failing with DH.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086244#Comment_3086244

    You dont need a brain to understand that doing multiple balance decisions at once will be bad and its going to be hard to determin the main factor why a game became off balance. Was the DH nerf survivors were crutching on? The new meta slow down perks? The additonal 10 seconds? The general Perk nerfs? That tunneling and camping got stronger? Were are we going to start rebalancing? You cant. Its a failure patch. BHVR should have never done so many things at once

    Hard to determine? Are you serious? The main problems are so evident, because players are complaining about them.. if they tried to test those elements on their own, surely we couldn't get nothing useful to balance the game.

    The Dead Hard nerf opened a big new choice of exhaustion perks, the nerf to the sprint after being hit is a bit too much for survivors but, for example, makes Overcome a worth perk than before.

    Increasing and removing some numbers surely will improve the gameplay.. they just need time to test.

    They can't get the target at first attempt, It's impossible even for bigger game companies.

  • Nothing like reading complaints about soloQ; coming from nurse main, most likely playing with BiS perks/addons/offerings

  • Sluzzy First I want to say I'm a big fan.

    Secondly I do agree with you to an extent I'm a Solo Survivor most of the time and I have also had troubles with escaping. Personally the extra 10 seconds on gen is fine but the killers need for slowdown and tunneling at the same time is annoying. Either one or the other please. Obviously it's working for them. I even played a few games as killer and was doing good for the first couple games. I hope something is done for Solo Survivor cause in my personal opinion that role is the hardest currently.

    Feel free to disagree

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3085642#Comment_3085642

    DH was not busted. Because a killer streamer said so and the community believed it.

    Killers still won a majority of games against survivors that had DH.

    Who was that Streamer?

  • As a solo queue survivor, I noticed no changes. But that's because my mmr was always high because I did 4 things to earn my place.

    -learn how to loop by not pre dropping and holding w

    -learn how to conserve pallets

    -leaned how to play without second chance perks as in dead hard or ds

    And finally learned how to adapt to change

    Survivor is not dead, people are in an inflated mmr right now and what's happening is that your mmr is being brought down to the skill point you are at before people relied on a single key to escape. BHVR hasn't given up on there game they are working on improving it and in my eyes are improving it everyday.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3086631#Comment_3086631

    Mediocre killers didn't even have to learn how to use a perk. Slowdown perks automatically tilt the game greatly in killer's favor. This is why survivor is in a broken mess - there are double standards to balancing. Killers got more slowdown perks.

    Survivors didn't get another dead hard. DS was nerfed, perks don't even work endgame. But its OK for killer to stack No Way Out, NOED, Blood Warden. Those are no less uncounterable than dead hard.

    No developer wants bad reviews.

    The Game was really survivor sided. Now its a little more equal. Maybe they have gone too far but we dont know it yet. The new meta is already here and it is gonna improve over time. If you think your team is bad, just get friends. Else play killer. As a killer main i think that dh bt dh were no big deal. You could counter it easily. I think that the perks didnt need a change but still they did something to equalize the game a little bit. It is just mid chapter. They will adjust the game.

  • LOL

    P ok bait.

    Approval from usual suspects.

    Nice updoot farm.

    Solid 8.

    Not your best work, but pretty decent.

1 2 ›