The Next Original Survivor Should Be Non-Binary Gender

All survivors and killers are female or male at the moment. We should get at least one survivor who is Non-Binary. They deserves representative in DbD. Transgender survivor would be cool.


What do you think?

Tagged: BHVRMod

Comments

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049912#Comment_3049912

    Can I recommend a movie for you?

    It is called "Sleepaway Camp".

    I watched some movies from this series if i am not wrong. Yeah i forgot about them. Angela Baker would great addition to DbD.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050874#Comment_3050874

    The first confirmed LGBT character is David King and that one is free sooo…

    if a new character happens to be LGBTQ+ then I don’t see them being treated differently to any other new character.

    We've been surprised before.

  • @Tostapane said:

    no thanks, actually there are enough survivors/killers already, i think that bhvr should start to focusing on the game itself rather than releasing new (bugged) content...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333332/the-next-original-survivor-should-be-non-binary-gender

    Even if different teams and stuff. I just feel weird about that. They don't even be releasing good stuff most times.

  • @AJStyIez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050020#Comment_3050020

    Talking over you? On a public forum?? Who even are you???

    My answer to the OP is no I don't support this being added into the game but not out of hate or disrespect towards the LGBTQ+ community. I don't think it should be a thing because look at how hostile, egotistical community members like you are towards literally every single person that has a different perspective. I'm not saying people have to agree on everything or that it always has to be kumbaya but seriously?

    'Misinformation' & 'making it harder for trans people like me' - There are others who play this game that probably have the same mindset as you and with that in mind I don't see how bringing this into the game will have a happy ending. Is people being 'represented' by a DBD character really worth the extra toxicity/scapegoating/victimizing people are going to do as a result? If you and others can't even handle a forum conversation on the subject without derailing it with political buzzwords and infighting what makes anybody think they can handle the character being in the game? People complained that they were targeted by racist players with 0 evidence simply because they played a black character against Bubbas with a black mask on, what will happen when a person using this non-binary character gets tunneled or camped? What's gonna happen whenever art of this character is made or the lore/existence of this character is mentioned on any of the DBD public forums? Its gonna bring unnecessary personal beliefs, politics and avoidable drama into a community that already has enough infighting

    I think the revisions to David's lore and BHVRs VERY public support of the LGBTQ+ community is more than enough representation considering a lot of the staff and certain Fog Whisperers/Featured content creators already flaunt their support openly. Would it be cool? Sure but it brings unnecessary issues along with it as anybody can easily see by reading the first 2 pages of this thread

    I'm gonna assume by your comment that you're a straight cis person since you mentioned "no disrespect to the LGBT+ community that already have people FLAUNTING their support" which I found to be quite a passive aggressive thing to say, because no one is "flaunting" anything.

    So yes, just by that start who are YOU on this thread telling me as a trans person, I cant have my opinion on adding LGB(TTTTTT) representation to the game?

    Adding LGBT+ representation to the game has nothing to do with my "mindset" and you saying that you don't want representation added to the game just because you happen to disagree with me, just kind of goes to show that you really don't care or support LGBT+ people, you support people who you agree with. At least take the mask off next time because it's already falling mid way.

    LGBT+ representation also has nothing to do with Bubba at all.

    It seems like you're just adding excuses to not wanting LGBT+ representation by using me as a scapegoat for it because you think a trans person having an opinion is political.

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050532#Comment_3050532

    It still creates more exclusivity. So what about the kid that doesn't have a character that portrays their lifestyle you are basically telling him he doesn't matter.

    So when there's only straight cisgendered confirmed relationships thus leading people to believe there's only straight, cisgendered characters exactly what type of feeling do you think this gives anyone who isn't cis-het?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050854#Comment_3050854

    It’s just a game, we don’t need to be excluding certain genders to please those filled with hatred. Just let the creators create the characters they want without trying to limit them

    I really hope you're not implying everyone who doesn't recognize genders outside male and female are filled with hatred, or do so because of that. I don't think you are, but people could take what you said that way. Gender identity outside of male and female is something that is not widely accepted and recognized in the world. Its why in gaming and entertainment in general you don't see gender identity go beyond this often. That and also the desire to appeal to the majority for the sake of business. Its why I think representation outside of the norm is a slow process. In time this may change (the world view of gender identity) and you will see that represented in media more often than you do now, but now is not that time.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050863#Comment_3050863

    I really hope you're not implying everyone who doesn't recognize genders outside male and female are filled with hatred, or do so because of that. I don't think you are, but people could take what you said that way. Gender identity outside of male and female is something that is not widely accepted and recognized in the world. Its why in gaming and entertainment in general you don't see gender identity go beyond this often. That and also the desire to appeal to the majority for the sake of business. Its why I think representation outside of the norm is a slow process. In time this may change (the world view of gender identity) and you will see that represented in media more often than you do now, but now is not that time.

    Oh no, not everyone who doesn’t recognize other genders is filled with hatred. There are of course just uneducated people that don’t know better and that is not always their own fault.

    you make a great point here why we need way more representation in videogames and media in general, thanks. (Really weird to raise this point and then add now is not the time though..)


    also the people that actively speak against inclusion that are fully aware of gender concepts and have all the means to educate themselves - yeah those are probably filled with hatred.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050863#Comment_3050863

    I really hope you're not implying everyone who doesn't recognize genders outside male and female are filled with hatred, or do so because of that. I don't think you are, but people could take what you said that way. Gender identity outside of male and female is something that is not widely accepted and recognized in the world. Its why in gaming and entertainment in general you don't see gender identity go beyond this often. That and also the desire to appeal to the majority for the sake of business. Its why I think representation outside of the norm is a slow process. In time this may change (the world view of gender identity) and you will see that represented in media more often than you do now, but now is not that time.

    And who decides that now it's not the time? And why wouldn't it be the time now? Should we wait a couple more hundred years until we're all dead? I don't think so.

    Imagine if they had the same mentality when it came to POC rights and women rights "not the time right now". I think the best time was yesterday, second best time it's today to improve things and be more inclusive of everyone.

  • I'm going to reiterate this once more: please try to stay on topic and be respectful.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I'm going to reiterate this once more: please try to stay on topic and be respectful.

    Is this a new record? We've had 3 mods intervene to clean up the thread so far, idk what the Forums record is but that's got to be close.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050910#Comment_3050910

    Oh no, not everyone who doesn’t recognize other genders is filled with hatred. There are of course just uneducated people that don’t know better and that is not always their own fault.

    you make a great point here why we need way more representation in videogames and media in general, thanks. (Really weird to raise this point and then add now is not the time though..)

    also the people that actively speak against inclusion that are fully aware of gender concepts and have all the means to educate themselves - yeah those are probably filled with hatred.

    I actually don't understand what constitutes the existence of a new gender. When people say they are non binary I really don't understand how to process that and I think the same can be said for the majority of humanity which is why I mentioned the current world view of gender identity. In fact "non binary" is a term I had only first heard of recently in my life. As far as everything else, I've seen people say they identify as certain things but I don't understand it. Everything I've ever heard about gender identity outside of the norm has only confused me.

    My points in my previous reply were about why gender identity outside of the norm is a slow process. Yes, more representation in games and media helps that slow process, but its still a slow process and I believe its going to be that way for a long time to come. How its done matters too on top of how often it is done for the sake of normalization. The world view on anything that has been the norm forever will never change over night.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050910#Comment_3050910

    And who decides that now it's not the time? And why wouldn't it be the time now? Should we wait a couple more hundred years until we're all dead? I don't think so.

    Imagine if they had the same mentality when it came to POC rights and women rights "not the time right now". I think the best time was yesterday, second best time it's today to improve things and be more inclusive of everyone.

    I was talking in context of the world view of gender identity. When I said "now is not that time" I meant the world's reception of gender identity outside of the norm being vastly more accepting of it than it is now. Its why I said when it comes to gender identity the norm of male and female is seen the most, but we do see other aspects than just the norm happening. Its just not happening over night. At some point in the future, which I believe to be the very distant future, gender identity outside the norm of male and female may very well be a common thing in the world view of it. Now, as I said, is simply not that time we are living in.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050913#Comment_3050913

    I actually don't understand what constitutes the existence of a new gender. When people say they are non binary I really don't understand how to process that and I think the same can be said for the majority of humanity which is why I mentioned the current world view of gender identity. In fact "non binary" is a term I had only first heard of recently in my life. As far as everything else, I've seen people say they identify as certain things but I don't understand it. Everything I've ever heard about gender identity outside of the norm has only confused me.

    My points in my previous reply were about why gender identity outside of the norm is a slow process. Yes, more representation in games and media helps that slow process, but its still a slow process and I believe its going to be that way for a long time to come. How its done matters too on top of how often it is done for the sake of normalization. The world view on anything that has been the norm forever will never change over night.

    Non-binary or other genders than male/female aren’t even a ‚new‘ thing. It has existed for as long as male/female genders existed though it may not have been labeled or acknowledged as those.

    it’s okay to not directly understand it or not being aware of it, as long as you have an open mind towards it and don’t disregard it just because you yourself don’t feel that way. Confusion is completely understandable, and there is obviously confusion about it kn the LGBTQ+ community as well. Especially those that are non-binary but haven’t even heard of it in their life are confused - again a great point why we need representation now and not later.

    change will obviously not happen over night, but that’s not a reason for exclusion at all. I am very glad BHVR is open to inclusion and that we can openly discuss the possible inclusion of these kinds.

  • @Rizzo said:

    I'm going to reiterate this once more: please try to stay on topic and be respectful.

    I saw your reply after refreshing the page when I made my last 2 replies. Sometimes I'll reply and not refresh the page for awhile or check back at a later time. I'm sorry if any of my replies were not entirely on topic.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050920#Comment_3050920

    I saw your reply after refreshing the page when I made my last 2 replies. Sometimes I'll reply and not refresh the page for awhile or check back at a later time. I'm sorry if any of my replies were not entirely on topic.

    All good, don't worry.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    All survivors and killers are female or male at the moment. We should get at least one survivor who is Non-Binary. They deserves representative in DbD. Transgender survivor would be cool.

    What do you think?

    Gender should not matter at all on a game such as dbd.

  • Yes. Exactly. That’s why the inclusion of other genders than male and female should just happen without people being against it. Nice to see you support that.

  • And yet it does in a vast majority of media form so... Next please

  • Thing is, the game has almost always had the character backstory so the game isn't just a killer vs survivor game. So in fact it does have its place in DBD.

    It just shouldn't be made into a big thing.

  • I haven't even gave a real opinion on this topic.

    I'm neutral. just don't make it into a big thing and make em a new character.

    Still would like more male survivors though. The whole making female survivors, then putting them in as little clothing as possible is getting old.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Let the devs decide who will be who.

    It doesn't have to be the next one. It doesn't have to be the 10th one. It can be the 1st one or the 3rd one.

    I personaly don't care.

    Everyone will go to the hook anyway

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050007#Comment_3050007

    Hm no.

    Cisgender: Someone who identifies as the gender they were assigned at birth.

    Transgender: Someone who doesn't identify with the gender they were assigned at birth.

    Nonbinary: Someone who doesn't identify as a man or a woman.

    So by definition, if someone is nonbinary they are trans, because NO ONE gets assigned "nonbinary" at birth.

    Well becuz transgender identify with the opposite gender giving at birth but non binary does not identify as male or female its different

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050944#Comment_3050944

    Yes. Exactly. That’s why the inclusion of other genders than male and female should just happen without people being against it. Nice to see you support that.

    No that is not what I said. You misunderstood completely.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050944#Comment_3050944

    And yet it does in a vast majority of media form so... Next please

    Games should not be influenced. Its what the devs want to include at the end of the dat

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050947#Comment_3050947

    Games should not be influenced. Its what the devs want to include at the end of the dat

    Well. In that case… we already know that the devs want to be inclusive of the (whole) LGBTQ+ community.

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050947#Comment_3050947

    Games should not be influenced. Its what the devs want to include at the end of the dat

    And they've said many times they're looking to include future LGBTQIA+ representation within the game so good news! We're getting plenty more ✨

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050011#Comment_3050011

    Well becuz transgender identify with the opposite gender giving at birth but non binary does not identify as male or female its different

    Some non-binary people label themselves as trans, some non-binary people don't. As far as I know the labels aren't interchangeable, and while there can be (a lot of) overlap the two terms do mean different things.

    Trans is an umbrella term, non-binary is also an umbrella term just covering far less than trans does and being covered by trans. So @Marigoria is right on this one, but it does all depend on what someone wants to be labelled as.

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050947#Comment_3050947

    Games should not be influenced. Its what the devs want to include at the end of the dat

    "It should not be influenced". You are right. The same is "what people are shouldn't matter, as in fact they are human", in terms of same equality of everyone. The sad reallity is that the second one is not a thing yet. That's why people are crying out for help, because that's what we do, when we are afraid, etc.. And the media (e.g. games) is a reflection of peoples minds. So, yeah. In the end it is influenced by fear.

    On a side note, if every char of a game would be male (as an example), without a proper explanation, people would also be pretty pissed. It's simply the same for LGBTQ Characters, they're just not seen as normal yet. The snake bites its own tail.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050973#Comment_3050973

    Well. In that case… we already know that the devs want to be inclusive of the (whole) LGBTQ+ community.

    That's why they gave you all David.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3050973#Comment_3050973

    And they've said many times they're looking to include future LGBTQIA+ representation within the game so good news! We're getting plenty more ✨

    Good 4 u

  • Ok, that's enough.

    I'm closing the thread here as it keeps going off the rails and we asked multiple times to please stay on topic.

1 2 3 4 ›