Solo q is going to be a massacre after the changes go through

Dying constantly in solo q then seeing the devs talk about how the killers are too weak is hilarious. The devs are so out of touch with the swf vs solo q issue, they just look at them the same even though the difference can be as big as 50% escape for solo q and 85% for swfs (that's what it's like for me obviously it will vary for different people). I really can't even imagine what solo q is going to look like at lower mmrs. Good luck solo q players, I guess I'll be forced to do swfs only and sweat it out.

Comments

  • You really think devs dont know who is solo and who is swf?

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    You really think devs dont know who is solo and who is swf?

    They do. They just don't seem to care.

  • I dont think that the escape rate is that different. From what I remember, they once said that the escape rates as SWF are higher, but not by that much. So 50% compared to 80% is too much.

    However, they dont really care about SoloQ and their latest Dev-Update shows it. I am surprised that they did not nerf Kindred as well, because they claim they know why some Perks are used, but this does not really reflect in their decisions.

    SoloQ will be more frustrating and I am at the point where I think that anything below a 4 man-SWF is not really worth to play as Survivor. I can just imagine how frustrating it will be that a Gen was kicked with Overcharged and you have no way to tell others to stop it regressing...

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I dont think that the escape rate is that different. From what I remember, they once said that the escape rates as SWF are higher, but not by that much. So 50% compared to 80% is too much.

    However, they dont really care about SoloQ and their latest Dev-Update shows it. I am surprised that they did not nerf Kindred as well, because they claim they know why some Perks are used, but this does not really reflect in their decisions.

    SoloQ will be more frustrating and I am at the point where I think that anything below a 4 man-SWF is not really worth to play as Survivor. I can just imagine how frustrating it will be that a Gen was kicked with Overcharged and you have no way to tell others to stop it regressing...

    Iirc swf escape was about 15% higher.

  • In high MMR solo is fun and balanced, that is something at least. I do think they will give solos more information in the game soon, they have to after these changes that I think is good because killer really needs buffing.

    Many of us have said "play survivor" for a few years now when killers have complained, so now..play killer perhaps?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I dont think that the escape rate is that different. From what I remember, they once said that the escape rates as SWF are higher, but not by that much. So 50% compared to 80% is too much.

    However, they dont really care about SoloQ and their latest Dev-Update shows it. I am surprised that they did not nerf Kindred as well, because they claim they know why some Perks are used, but this does not really reflect in their decisions.

    SoloQ will be more frustrating and I am at the point where I think that anything below a 4 man-SWF is not really worth to play as Survivor. I can just imagine how frustrating it will be that a Gen was kicked with Overcharged and you have no way to tell others to stop it regressing...

    Are you actually talking during your swfs? I kept track of my stats but my squad does a lot of communication. We coordinate where to look for totems, what direction the killer is going etc. It's pretty hard to get 4ked while gen rushing with comms unless the killer is getting insta downs.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I dont think that the escape rate is that different. From what I remember, they once said that the escape rates as SWF are higher, but not by that much. So 50% compared to 80% is too much.

    However, they dont really care about SoloQ and their latest Dev-Update shows it. I am surprised that they did not nerf Kindred as well, because they claim they know why some Perks are used, but this does not really reflect in their decisions.

    SoloQ will be more frustrating and I am at the point where I think that anything below a 4 man-SWF is not really worth to play as Survivor. I can just imagine how frustrating it will be that a Gen was kicked with Overcharged and you have no way to tell others to stop it regressing...

    DEVs once showed us stats where the difference was around 8%, but to be honest that seems to be too low. Two years later I heard they said it's 15%. But that includes 2-man and 3-man SWFs teams without comms too and most people play 2-man and 3-man SWF, so they make that difference not as noticable.

    CPIDC1XE8JBT.jpg

    If we take an extreme case, the difference between solo and 4-man SWF on comms is huge.

  • No worries, kill rates against solo q is already 99% and making it 100% doesn't change anything.

  • Yes, this sounds about right.

    @tendyhands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026654#Comment_3026654

    Are you actually talking during your swfs? I kept track of my stats but my squad does a lot of communication. We coordinate where to look for totems, what direction the killer is going etc. It's pretty hard to get 4ked while gen rushing with comms unless the killer is getting insta downs.

    Yes. But not very efficient to be honest, more like chatting. Playing in a 2 man SWF and we will probably more efficient once the Update drops.

    Sometimes we play 3 man-SWF with a friend of my SWF-Mate (a Streamer), but without Comms with the 3rd person. But this does not matter that much, since this person knows what they are doing.

    In general, comms are not the strong part of SWF, but many people just dont understand it. The strong part is to have reliable teammates who have awareness. You dont need to tell those that a specific Gen needs to be done. Or to split up. So a 4 man SWF without comms is almost as strong as a 4 man SWF with Comms, if they are all good players. And 4 Solos which are as good at the game would also be as good as a 4 man SWF without Comms.

    So, yeah. The main strength is that you filter out the Claudettes who heal against a Legion in the Corner of the Map with Self-Care or the David who farms you off the hook for the WGLF-Stack.

  • There's 2 possibilities.

    1. The amount of SWF is so high, that it drags the kill rates down, even for solos.

    2. Solos aren't as bad as you wanna make them.

  • @Tsulan said:

    There's 2 possibilities.

    1. The amount of SWF is so high, that it drags the kill rates down, even for solos.

    2. Solos aren't as bad as you wanna make them.

    I'd like to see the possibility 3, which would be the devs showing the most recent stats showing that kill rates are low. Why did they not show those stats? They have shown killer kill rates before, they showed stats for most used perks on both sides... so where is the graph with the low kill rates?

  • I look forward to dying because my teammates are Self Caring in corners against Sloppy. I really hope this change doesn't go through; it will punish people not running it for getting stuck with those who are.

    At least basekit BT means teammates will have a harder time getting me killed at the hook, but not sure it'll be that much harder given it's only 5 seconds.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I look forward to dying because my teammates are Self Caring in corners against Sloppy. I really hope this change doesn't go through; it will punish people not running it for getting stuck with those who are.

    At least basekit BT means teammates will have a harder time getting me killed at the hook, but not sure it'll be that much harder given it's only 5 seconds.

    Basekit BT = Always attack after 5secs. If the unhooked surv has "normal BT" or "Off the record", fine, i didnt wasted much time, if not: hell yea, slaught-festival. Is this the new Killer-Gameplay? We will see.

    Im a bit worried.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026817#Comment_3026817

    I'd like to see the possibility 3, which would be the devs showing the most recent stats showing that kill rates are low. Why did they not show those stats? They have shown killer kill rates before, they showed stats for most used perks on both sides... so where is the graph with the low kill rates?

    I wanted to see killrates as well. Especially since they say that they are low. I remember Pinhead got add ons nerfed because he had high killrate, which was like 58-59% ?

    I want to know what do they consider low, maybe below 50% ?

  • @Marik1987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026875#Comment_3026875

    Basekit BT = Always attack after 5secs. If the unhooked surv has "normal BT" or "Off the record", fine, i didnt wasted much time, if not: hell yea, slaught-festival. Is this the new Killer-Gameplay? We will see.

    Im a bit worried.

    Yeah, that's basically what I expect. But even that's better than what I have right now, which is a lot of survivors who will save me without BT and then body block me so I can't move and I get downed less than one second after being unhooked. Sometimes I wish the game were balanced around one hook = death, since the match is so often over for someone the first time they get hooked.

  • Basekit BT alone will make soloq more hook farming.

    Prepare to get farmed more bois.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026866#Comment_3026866

    I wanted to see killrates as well. Especially since they say that they are low. I remember Pinhead got add ons nerfed because he had high killrate, which was like 58-59% ?

    I want to know what do they consider low, maybe below 50% ?

    Yea I just find it kind of weird how they make a statement about rates but this time dont provide any stat image, specially considering that most killers if not all had kill rates above 50% already and now out of the blue they dont anymore? kinda sus

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I dont think that the escape rate is that different. From what I remember, they once said that the escape rates as SWF are higher, but not by that much. So 50% compared to 80% is too much.

    However, they dont really care about SoloQ and their latest Dev-Update shows it. I am surprised that they did not nerf Kindred as well, because they claim they know why some Perks are used, but this does not really reflect in their decisions.

    SoloQ will be more frustrating and I am at the point where I think that anything below a 4 man-SWF is not really worth to play as Survivor. I can just imagine how frustrating it will be that a Gen was kicked with Overcharged and you have no way to tell others to stop it regressing...

    Cleaning the table and exposing SoloQ like this is good, cause then BHVR can take action in making the game better for SoloQ.

    like for instance, symbols that show what the team-members are doing.

  • I'll say it again..im not sure what kind of potatoes you guys play with, but 7/10 matches i escape easily with 3-4 escape rate with solos. Not even lying.

    This is why killrates are down because survivors can play well in soloQ as well.

    I have such a chill time as a survivor, sometimes even giving a hook or 2 for the killer so they can get bloodpoints.

    If people play well they play well in solo and in SWF if they hide and self heal in the corner they will do that with friends too.

    You are not supposed to escape every single match you play nor is killer supposed to win every match they play.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026654#Comment_3026654

    Cleaning the table and exposing SoloQ like this is good, cause then BHVR can take action in making the game better for SoloQ.

    like for instance, symbols that show what the team-members are doing.

    They already know that solo q is awful, they just dont care, that's why they nerfed perks that also helped mostly solo q players like self care.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026907#Comment_3026907

    They already know that solo q is awful, they just dont care, that's why they nerfed perks that also helped mostly solo q players like self care.

    So what is it, that you´re implying? That kill rates aren´t low?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026917#Comment_3026917

    So what is it, that you´re implying? That kill rates aren´t low?

    I'm implying that every time they state something about stats they show a graph, and this time, they did not.

  • It's the exact opposite for me, I will play soloQ more thanks to BT basekit and the new OTR.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026817#Comment_3026817

    I'd like to see the possibility 3, which would be the devs showing the most recent stats showing that kill rates are low. Why did they not show those stats? They have shown killer kill rates before, they showed stats for most used perks on both sides... so where is the graph with the low kill rates?

    They usually hesitate to show any important stats to us for some reason.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026918#Comment_3026918

    I'm implying that every time they state something about stats they show a graph, and this time, they did not.

    Maybe the stats are so bad, that they prefer to not show them, because they would cause a major uproar.

  • @Hannacia said:

    I'll say it again..im not sure what kind of potatoes you guys play with, but 7/10 matches i escape easily with 3-4 escape rate with solos. Not even lying.

    This is why killrates are down because survivors can play well in soloQ as well.

    I have such a chill time as a survivor, sometimes even giving a hook or 2 for the killer so they can get bloodpoints.

    If people play well they play well in solo and in SWF if they hide and self heal in the corner they will do that with friends too.

    You are not supposed to escape every single match you play nor is killer supposed to win every match they play.

    Trust me bro moment. Maybe stream for us as "solo survivor" and we can learn how to play from you.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026927#Comment_3026927

    Maybe the stats are so bad, that they prefer to not show them, because they would cause a major uproar.

    My guess is it dipped below 50% I predicted between 40-50

  • @Hannacia said:

    I'll say it again..im not sure what kind of potatoes you guys play with, but 7/10 matches i escape easily with 3-4 escape rate with solos. Not even lying.

    This is why killrates are down because survivors can play well in soloQ as well.

    I have such a chill time as a survivor, sometimes even giving a hook or 2 for the killer so they can get bloodpoints.

    If people play well they play well in solo and in SWF if they hide and self heal in the corner they will do that with friends too.

    You are not supposed to escape every single match you play nor is killer supposed to win every match they play.

    Good for you, then you are lucky that you can continue playing.

    I had a "get chased for 120 seconds" daily today. As I had finished this challenge after the match, I can say for sure I did (at least) the full 120 seconds in a single chase at the start of the game. At some point the killer gave up and left me.

    What do you think how many gens were done in this time?

    Zero.

    And it didn't even take half a minute from there until the first survivor was on hook. From then on there was basically no time to do gens, just unhook teammates or they would have been left hanging there. I finally let the killer down me and suicided because I got bored since the game dragged on and there was zero progress on the survivor side and I just wanted to get out of it. Would have been fun to run the killer around a bit more, but I don't see a point if nobody's doing a gen.

    Yes I do get good games as well but those are more the exception. When I get one of these I always expect a popup, "we're sorry you had good teammates, but matchmaking screwed up. Don't worry, everything will be back to normal next game."

    So I hope this sums up what life in low MMR is if you only know high MMR. Or would you say I don't have to worry about the changes because once mid chapter drops, my teammates will suddenly be productive?

  • @rha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026912#Comment_3026912

    Good for you, then you are lucky that you can continue playing.

    I had a "get chased for 120 seconds" daily today. As I had finished this challenge after the match, I can say for sure I did (at least) the full 120 seconds in a single chase at the start of the game. At some point the killer gave up and left me.

    What do you think how many gens were done in this time?

    Zero.

    And it didn't even take half a minute from there until the first survivor was on hook. From then on there was basically no time to do gens, just unhook teammates or they would have been left hanging there. I finally let the killer down me and suicided because I got bored since the game dragged on and there was zero progress on the survivor side and I just wanted to get out of it. Would have been fun to run the killer around a bit more, but I don't see a point if nobody's doing a gen.

    Yes I do get good games as well but those are more the exception. When I get one of these I always expect a popup, "we're sorry you had good teammates, but matchmaking screwed up. Don't worry, everything will be back to normal next game."

    So I hope this sums up what life in low MMR is if you only know high MMR. Or would you say I don't have to worry about the changes because once mid chapter drops, my teammates will suddenly be productive?

    It's not luck it's skill. My friend did an experiment and got insane results too in soloQ over 20 games. Around 80% winrate. The only times he died were when someone was hard throwing (suiciding on hook) or bad luck (getting rancored.).

    "I finally let the killer down me and suicided" and then you complain about no escaping and bad teamates ? Seems to me you are the bad teamate here.

  • Just play with your sweaty friends and stop crying. Alternatively, BHVR can add voice chat for survivors to help a bit.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026943#Comment_3026943

    My guess is it dipped below 50% I predicted between 40-50

    Probably even lower. I mean, they didn´t had an issue with showing the stats, when they were around 60-70%.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026912#Comment_3026912

    Trust me bro moment. Maybe stream for us as "solo survivor" and we can learn how to play from you.

    I play solo quite a bit off stream or with 1 friend only. I'm not saying there arent troubles but i feel like you are making it sound like soloQ is unplayable which it isnt. Both sides have issues. You cant boost soloQ to SWF status without breaking the killers completely. They are already struggling against solos and SWFs. I have matches where i run the killer for 3-4 gens and the killer gets 1 hook in the game and i have games where i run and no one does anything. I like the harder games better myself though so i can push myself and learn.

    SoloQ survivors are supposed to get those pictures to help them see what their teammates are doing which will hopefully help but this will still not remove the self carers and urban evasioners from the game. You can't do much when MMR matches you with this 2 hour survivor that is too scared to do anything. Same goes for killers. Sometimes you only get these scaredy cats and it feels like a massacre for sure, but then in the next you get very good competent survivors and you get that 1-2 hooks in that game. Had those quite a bit lately and heres the shocker...a lot of them were soloQ players they just knew what to do.

  • @Hannacia said:

    I'll say it again..im not sure what kind of potatoes you guys play with, but 7/10 matches i escape easily with 3-4 escape rate with solos. Not even lying.

    This is why killrates are down because survivors can play well in soloQ as well.

    I have such a chill time as a survivor, sometimes even giving a hook or 2 for the killer so they can get bloodpoints.

    If people play well they play well in solo and in SWF if they hide and self heal in the corner they will do that with friends too.

    You are not supposed to escape every single match you play nor is killer supposed to win every match they play.

    In a previous comment, you say you main Huntress but it's too hard for you to get kills with her. Who are you to call others "potatoes"? She throws beach balls. I used to main her, too, until she got too easy and boring. That's on PS4. I don't understand the killer mains on this forum. This game does not require enough skill to justify the imbalance going forward between killers and solo survivors. Are you going to say Legion and Plague with Thana are still "low-tier killers" against solos while gens take two minutes? Is Deathslinger with 10 stacks of STBFL going to be fair? Too many of you argue in bad faith.

  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026912#Comment_3026912

    In a previous comment, you say you main Huntress but it's too hard for you to get kills with her. Who are you to call others "potatoes"? She throws beach balls. I used to main her, too, until she got too easy and boring. That's on PS4. I don't understand the killer mains on this forum. This game does not require enough skill to justify the imbalance going forward between killers and solo survivors. Are you going to say Legion and Plague with Thana are still "low-tier killers" against solos while gens take two minutes? Is Deathslinger with 10 stacks of STBFL going to be fair? Too many of you argue in bad faith.

    You know potato is the common word for a bad play...i dont take it personally i call myself a potato sometimes if i play badly, but sure lets make the word potato bad now :D Also have you tried playing against super good survivors with huntress? I doubt she gets easy ever i see people who have thousands of hours with her struggle against good teams, but goodjob on being good on huntress

  • @tendyhands said:

    Dying constantly in solo q then seeing the devs talk about how the killers are too weak is hilarious. The devs are so out of touch with the swf vs solo q issue, they just look at them the same even though the difference can be as big as 50% escape for solo q and 85% for swfs (that's what it's like for me obviously it will vary for different people). I really can't even imagine what solo q is going to look like at lower mmrs. Good luck solo q players, I guess I'll be forced to do swfs only and sweat it out.

    Yea it doesn't make sense, any good killer can already 3-4k consistently, and very good killer mains honestly win 90% of the time just watch some streamers, if you suck at killer then you deserve low kill rates .

    I don't know it's almost like the devs never played solo Q, or maybe they're balancing the game for console killers ?

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026978#Comment_3026978

    You know potato is the common word for a bad play...i dont take it personally i call myself a potato sometimes if i play badly, but sure lets make the word potato bad now :D

    Also goodjob on being good on huntress

    Good for you on escaping 70% of your solo matches. But the stats are what they are. Killers have a 55% kill rate according to the latest figures. SWF escapes at least 15% more than solos. Being able to aim with Huntress does not mean I am outlier. You escaping 70% of your solo matches does mean you are one, though.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I dont think that the escape rate is that different. From what I remember, they once said that the escape rates as SWF are higher, but not by that much. So 50% compared to 80% is too much.

    However, they dont really care about SoloQ and their latest Dev-Update shows it. I am surprised that they did not nerf Kindred as well, because they claim they know why some Perks are used, but this does not really reflect in their decisions.

    SoloQ will be more frustrating and I am at the point where I think that anything below a 4 man-SWF is not really worth to play as Survivor. I can just imagine how frustrating it will be that a Gen was kicked with Overcharged and you have no way to tell others to stop it regressing...

    The devs had an entire section of their January 2022 Developer Update blog dedicated to how they were working on adding additional icons to the HUD to help solo survivors because the escape rate difference between solo and swf survivors was as high as +15%. I have no idea what happened to the HUD icons they were working on in January, if it’s still something in the works or if it got postponed or cancelled, but they made a really big deal about it in that state of the game blog.

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0ERF0P98HDK8/announcement.png

    Happy New Year! We’re back after a quick break and jumping right back into things with another developer update. Like last time, there’s too much to go through in one sitting, so check back tomorrow for part 2. Most of this will appear in the upcoming Mid-Chapter, but we also wanted to be a bit more transparent with what we’re working on for the future. For the sake of clarity, we’ve marked anything that’s for a later update with “Future”.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/G7427991HROQ/performance.png

    Future: Patch Optimization Plans

    Depending on where you play, it can either take a while to install a patch or patch sizes can be unusually large. Needless to say, this isn’t ideal: When new content releases, who wants to wait around for it? That’s why we’re working on improving the update process going forward.

    First of all, why does it take so long? To keep it simple, the game is split up into small chunks. This way when the game updates, you only need to download the chunks that changed rather than the whole game. The trouble is, as the game has grown over the years, so have these chunks, which makes downloads and/or patch times (depending on which platform you’re on) longer.

    So what are we doing about it? In the short term, for Steam only due to technical reasons, we will be compressing the files more starting this Mid-Chapter. This will make patch times as much as 50% faster and decrease the amount of disk space required by about 18 GB.

    Next, we’ll be restructuring these chunks in a future update. This will affect all platforms and make patch times up to 200% faster!

    IMPORTANT NOTE: In both cases, these improvements will require you to completely redownload the game. This means there will be a very large download when updating or opting into or out of the PTB. Don’t worry, this is normal! Afterwards, updates will go back to being much smaller.

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/H4VK1AGDPFQQ/matchmaking.png

    Future: Matchmaking Optimization Plans

    We’re a few months into Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM), and we’d like to shed some light on what we’ve been working on and the improvements we’ll be making going forth. Though it may be polarizing, we want to be as transparent as possible when it comes to SBMM, as the discussions that stem from it are incredibly valuable to us as we continue to work on improvements.

    The game and the community are constantly changing, and the matchmaking system should always be adapted to support them. This is why we’re constantly making changes behind the scenes. One recent example came from an influx of new players. We noticed that the default rating was placing first-time players against some fairly experienced opponents. So, to remedy this, we lowered the default rating for new players so they would be more likely to play amongst each other. We’re regularly making changes like this behind the scenes to find the best balance of fast queues and quality matches.

    Beyond small tweaks, we’ve identified some areas where the system could be improved. Let’s run through each of them quickly:

     

    Backfill Improvements

    If someone leaves a lobby, the matchmaker needs to find a replacement (a.k.a. backfill). Right now, it heavily favours a quick replacement over a quality one. This can lead to some matches where one (or more) players are outside of their normal skill range. We’re going to work towards finding a good balance between quality and wait times.

    Disconnection Handling

    Currently, the SBMM system doesn’t handle disconnects as well as it could. We’re looking to make adjustments to handle them better and make sure disconnects are treated fairly when altering someone’s rating.

    Extended Breaks

    When someone takes an extended break from the game, their rating does not change. This isn’t ideal since you’re bound to be a little rusty after not playing for a while, and returning to difficult matches is a recipe for a frustrating night. We’re hoping to introduce a mechanic that adjusts your rating(s) when you’ve been gone for a while to ease you back in when you return.

    General Improvements

    This one is a little more technical: The game will detect which server you have the best connection to and match you with other players who are close to that server. This works well enough, but if you’re right between two servers, you’ll only be matched with one set of players. For players who have good connections to more than one server, we’d like to open up matchmaking and allow them to find matches with either set of players. This can help balance out queue times at off-peak hours and even improve the quality of the matches made.

     

    As a note, these changes will take a while to develop, but we’re confident that these will make notable improvements on the matchmaking system.

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/JW8CDFZPQFJZ/lonelysurvivor.png

    Future: Solo Survivor Experience

    If you’re reading this, you’ve been left on the hook at some point. Okay, maybe not, but the chances are very high.

    Thanks to Skill Based Matchmaking ratings, we’re able to see the impact playing with a premade group has on the outcome of a match at various skill levels. The data confirms our suspicions: As skill goes up, so does the gap in survival rates between solo survivors and premade groups. In the top end of skill levels, the difference in escape rates can be as much as 15%.

    This isn’t great: This difference between solo Survivors and groups makes it difficult to find a perfect balance. If we balance Killers around premade groups, solo Survivors get left behind. Meanwhile, if we balance around solo Survivors, Killers will have a rough time against groups. With that in mind, we’re working on some measures to bridge the gap between solo Survivors and premade groups, which will allow us to better balance Killers as a result.

    We’re aiming to strike a balance between making the solo player(s) feel like they’re a part of the team without being overbearing. For example, we want to share key pieces of information, like “What are my teammates doing?”, but not too much info, like showing everyone’s exact location. To put it simply, the idea is to bring solo Survivors up to the same level, not give people excessive information that makes even premade groups stronger.

    We want to share a very early peek at one potential way of closing this gap. Before we do, we want to stress that this is in the very early stages; we’re curious to hear what you think, but please keep in mind that it may change or even be scrapped entirely.

    One feature we are experimenting with is a status icon next to each Survivor’s portrait in the HUD that lets you know what they are doing. This way, solo Survivors can base their decision around what their teammates are doing, and partial groups get a better idea of their solo teammates’ contributions, making everyone feel like more of a team. This is something that can already be easily conveyed with a quick callout over voice chat, but is currently not available to solo Survivors.

    Once again, this is a very early preview- so early that we’re still discussing this internally. Feel free to share your thoughts, but please keep in mind that none of this is final or confirmed. Depending on how things go, this feature may be changed or scrapped entirely before it ever sees the light of day. We wanted to be open about this and keep you in the loop: The gap between solo Survivors and groups is not going under the radar, it’s something we’re actively working on.

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BN3EZSCKDCB1/performance.png

    New Betas Tab

    Sometimes we think up some experimental features that we’d love some feedback and data on, but they aren’t quite ready to release into the wild just yet. Enter the Betas tab!

    Next time you head to the Settings menu, you’ll see a new Betas tab. Here, you’ll find betas for upcoming features that you can opt in or out of as you please. Want to share your thoughts on something early on? Awesome, opt in!

    The icing on the cake: You’ll be rewarded with extra Bloodpoints for the first bunch of matches you play with a beta activated.

    Unlike the Player Test Build, these Betas are also available on consoles. Everyone’s invited!

    So, the only question is, what’s the first beta going to be? How about…

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4H9ZQBKVMHFD/wiggle.png

    Wiggle Update

    Last year, we changed struggling from button mashing to skill checks, making it much more accessible and a lot easier on your buttons & keys. We’ve been working on a similar update to wiggling as well, and we’re finally ready to share it with you.

    Instead of mashing buttons, you’ll see a skill check while being carried- only this one has two zones and doesn’t go away when you hit it. Instead, hitting the skill check successfully will cause it to switch directions and gradually fill your wiggle meter. Keep hitting those skill checks to keep wiggling!

    This interaction keeps wiggling interactive while requiring far fewer inputs and is much easier on your joysticks, making it more accessible to players with repetitive strain injuries. Additionally, each side of the skill check can optionally be bound to a different button to further increase the gap between repeated button presses.

    This update will first appear in the betas tab, allowing you to opt in as you please.

     

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/08PLAC60FA49/settings.png

    Toggle Interactions

    On the topic of accessibility, another feature that will be debuting with this update is a toggle mode for interactions. This new option, which can be enabled in the Settings, makes holding a button for long periods of time a thing of the past. Simply press the button to start the interaction and press it again to stop it.

    To go with it, you’ll also find a new option to cancel interactions by sprinting. Enabling this will automatically cancel actions and cause you to start running whenever you sprint.

    Our goals with these new settings are to make Dead by Daylight more accessible, and to provide an alternative for players that don’t wish to hold a button for the entire length of an interaction. Plus, this frees up a hand so you can take a drink while hitting skill checks! (We’ll still predict when you’re taking a drink and give you a skill check, though, that’s our favourite feature.)

     

    If you’ve made it this far, you’ve earned yourself a break from reading - check back tomorrow for part 2! But before you go, we have one last bit of news for today: The Player Test Build opens Wednesday, January 5th. See you there!

    The Dead by Daylight team


  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026981#Comment_3026981

    Good for you on escaping 70% of your solo matches. But the stats are what they are. Killers have a 55% kill rate according to the latest figures. SWF escapes at least 15% more than solos. Being able to aim with Huntress does not mean I am outlier. You escaping 70% of your solo matches does mean you are one, though.

    Yeah again i never said there isnt issues but are you supposed to escape every single match as a survivor? Are you supposed to win every match as a killer? Was it that soloQ was around 50% and SWF was 15% higher. Isnt 50 % enough?

    This topic makes SoloQ sound like its IMPOSSIBLE which it isnt. Its all about luck what teammates you have and RNG MMR

    Biggest issue in this game is the gap between SWF, SoloQ and Killers. SWF is heaps above anything else and im guessing they have some issues trying to balance around that.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026984#Comment_3026984

    Yeah again i never said there isnt issues but are you supposed to escape every single match as a survivor? Are you supposed to win every match as a killer? Was it that soloQ was around 50% and SWF was 15% higher. Isnt 50 % enough?

    This topic makes SoloQ sound like its IMPOSSIBLE which it isnt. Its all about luck what teammates you have and RNG MMR

    The kill rate is 55% according to the Dec-Jan figures. Survivors escape at 45% rate, but SWF boosts that number because they escape at a 15% higher rate than solos. If the proposed changes go through, it's going to drop even more, especially for solos.

    Against solos, Blight and Nurse are even more OP. Spirit makes a comeback. Oni and Huntress become S-Tier. Plague and Legion, just suicide on hook, etc.

  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026987#Comment_3026987

    The kill rate is 55% according to the Dec-Jan figures. Survivors escape at 45% rate, but SWF boosts that number because they escape at a 15% higher rate than solos. If the proposed changes go through, it's going to drop even more, especially for solos.

    Against solos, Blight and Nurse are even more OP. Spirit makes a comeback. Oni and Huntress become S-Tier. Plague and Legion, just suicide on hook, etc.

    My biggest issue in soloQ is the insta rage quitters lately. Happens way too much that someone gets caught and insta dces, or they get a killer they dont like or want to bother with and poof they goes.

    That kill rate seems little high to what they said that the kill rates are too low.

    Blight and nurse are only OP if the killer knows how to play these killers. If you get lets say me who is super bad with both of those youll get an easy escape since they are both very hard to control. Sure Strong killers are stronger against SoloQ since there is no communication.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026907#Comment_3026907

    They already know that solo q is awful, they just dont care, that's why they nerfed perks that also helped mostly solo q players like self care.

    they do care.

  • Yea, the new patch def shows they care a lot since they nerfed solo even more.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026654#Comment_3026654

    The devs had an entire section of their January 2022 Developer Update blog dedicated to how they were working on adding additional icons to the HUD to help solo survivors because the escape rate difference between solo and swf survivors was as high as +15%. I have no idea what happened to the HUD icons they were working on in January, if it’s still something in the works or if it got postponed or cancelled, but they made a really big deal about it in that state of the game blog.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302821/developer-update-january-2022-part-1

    While this is true, them going silent about it might mean that it is scrapped. This happened in the past that things got scrapped at some point without any notice.

    And well, Icons dont put Brains into Survivors. Sadly. I have had situations where I reached second stage despite the Survivors knowing that nobody came for the save. (Survivor A being chased (got injured AND Obsession) and Survivor B and C on the same Gen.... All information available...).

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026817#Comment_3026817

    I'd like to see the possibility 3, which would be the devs showing the most recent stats showing that kill rates are low. Why did they not show those stats? They have shown killer kill rates before, they showed stats for most used perks on both sides... so where is the graph with the low kill rates?

    They also showed the perk usage per MMR rank, I would like to see the same graphs per killer and per MMR rank. I'm sure most results won't surprise me

  • I really don't understand how basekit anti-tunnel measures and more perk viability translate to solo queue nerfs.

    Even if the anti-tunnel measures don't go far enough, that's still a net neutral, not a nerf. They didn't nerf any of solo's more heavily incentivised tools like Kindred, and the perks that they did nerf have clear alternatives, so where exactly is the nerf? What, exactly, is going to lead to a "massacre" in solo queue?

    To be clear, while I still play killer most, I've been getting more into survivor recently for archive challenges and the like- I play solo, and I'm going to do it more after these changes hit, because the experience should improve. I'll certainly be testing survivor on the PTB.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I really don't understand how basekit anti-tunnel measures and more perk viability translate to solo queue nerfs.

    Even if the anti-tunnel measures don't go far enough, that's still a net neutral, not a nerf. They didn't nerf any of solo's more heavily incentivised tools like Kindred, and the perks that they did nerf have clear alternatives, so where exactly is the nerf? What, exactly, is going to lead to a "massacre" in solo queue?

    To be clear, while I still play killer most, I've been getting more into survivor recently for archive challenges and the like- I play solo, and I'm going to do it more after these changes hit, because the experience should improve. I'll certainly be testing survivor on the PTB.

    Three stacks of Thana is now stronger than Pentimento. Against randoms, any decent killer should 4k without too much effort. It's not fun gameplay, either. Deathslinger with 10 stacks of STBFL is not going to be fun or balanced. It's all sweat, no skill.

    Just to add, the bubble that appears when a survivor is hooked has been blocking the killer's aura on Kindred for about a month now. I often pair it with Open Handed and you still have to wait too long for the killer's aura to appear. I'm guessing it's a bug. Who knows, though? Knockout was buffed in this update, and that's only used to grief solo survivors.

  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3027043#Comment_3027043

    Three stacks of Thana is now stronger than Pentimento. Against randoms, any decent killer should 4k without too much effort. It's not fun gameplay, either. Deathslinger with 10 stacks of STBFL is not going to be fun or balanced. It's all sweat, no skill.

    Just to add, the bubble that appears when a survivor is hooked has been blocking the killer's aura on Kindred for about a month now. I often pair it with Open Handed and you still have to wait too long for the killer's aura to appear. I'm guessing it's a bug. Who knows, though? Knockout was buffed in this update, and that's only used to grief solo survivors.

    Pentimento is 30% slowdown and four stacks of Thana is (going to be) 22%, so where on earth are you getting that from? Thana got buffed by 2%, I don't necessarily agree with it but it's also pretty laughably small.

    The only thing that changes in regards to solo queue being made weaker is that Knock Out got buffed, that's it. I still don't think many killers are going to run Knock Out, but in fairness, that one thing does make solo queue weaker.

    Basekit anti-tunnel and more perk viability still works out to a positive.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3027008#Comment_3027008

    Yea, the new patch def shows they care a lot since they nerfed solo even more.

    What kind of logic is this, they are never allowed to do something about overpowered use of perks because it may nerf soloQ players?

  • This upcoming update surely has some serious issues, but I do find it interesting how much people can exaggarate things as well.

    The devs definitely also care about solo survivors, people that jump to the conclusion they don't care after some changes are announced that aren't good for them need to grow up.

    Some of the perk changes are very bad for the game. Self Care, Spine Chill and DS nerf are horrific. The Overcharge and Eruption buffs are too much, and Thana definitely doesn't need a buff either.

    The big problem is the lack of proper anti-tunneling and camping measures, now that killers are getting some great basekit buffs.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3027014#Comment_3027014

    What kind of logic is this, they are never allowed to do something about overpowered use of perks because it may nerf soloQ players?

    Oh now it's ok to do overpowered changes? I thought everyone was against overpowered dead hard. Seems things being overpowered is only ok when it's against soloq

‹ 1 2