Time to quit

As an exclusively solo survivor since 2017, the coming changes look disgusting for survivors, great for killers, they neeeded it but us solo players get screwed, yet again, this is the final nail in the coffin, this game was barely fun to begin with and now, it will truly be a miserable experience for solo

so they increase gen speeds, okay, so whats stopping killers from still bringing stacked regression perks, the devs took a problem and made it worse, right idea, stupid execution

every survivor meta perk decimated, why?, you kill perks because they are popular, thats backwards, are you going to nerf whatever paltry meta comes out of this because that too is popular, pathetic.

buffed bloodlust, thats also backwards

i was all for killer buffs, that seems great but to nerf survivors into the ground, i'm glad i didn't buy the last few DLCs 😅

expect a mass exodus of solo players when it goes live, killer queues will return to 30m and considerably less content being created by survivors, pretty good job so far

Comments

  • @Elcopollo said:

    As a solo survivor myself - you are being overly dramatic.

    10 seconds is barely an inconvenience, it's like few stacks of Thanatophobia. All while none of the gen-speed increase perks or items were touched - you can still rush the hell out of a gen with Prove Thyself, Fast Track, Resilience, Spine Chill, Overzealous (even more so with it being buffed) and various toolboxes with various addons. What's stopping killers from bringing "stacked regression perks"? Um, gutted Ruin and torn down PGTW, for example. Or maybe Corrupt that doesn't drag out anymore, if killer is efficient enough with downing survivors. Tinkerer now gives less information, so you won't see Blights spamming Tinkerer/Ruin anymore. And Pain Res gives no info at all, nor do you get interupted, so comination with DMS is pretty much dead.

    And "every survivor meta perk decimated" statement is false. Unbreakable, Adrenaline, Boons and Sprint Burst are untouched, BT is being pretty much buffed, DH needs testing in order to give opinions, IW and Spine Chill were never that good to begin with, Self Care is still incredibly viable when paired with Botany Knowledge, and while DS is indeed gutted - Off the Record is pretty much a replacement. And many survivor perks were buffed too.

    10 seconds is pretty big it will matter a lot for the last 3 gens, and you forgot the part where they buffed everything about killers, breaking pallet/walls, kicking generators, cooldown on successful basic attacks and even duration of the survivors's speed boost upon being hit (just why ?)

    if they want very high kill rates that's not how you improve this game, it's not fun, solo Q already sucks I only play killer nowadays even with meta perks and fast gens it's still bad, and they totally ignored the fact that solo surv get a lot less points than killer on average, you shouldn't spit too much on solo surv when it's the biggest part of your playerbase

  • While I generally play killer more than survivor, when I do play surv it's always solo or duo, and yeah I can see it being way more miserable with these changes. May just go full killer main if all these changes go live.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330252/time-to-quit

    Ah I knew it, the "all change is bad" guy. They didn't increase gen speeds. They actually LOWERED them, now gens are 12% slower to repair. Generators are so insanely fast to repair that you basically need to bring slowdown and regression perks to avoid genrushing, and even then you still get genrushed.

    "Every survivor meta perk decimated" are you saying that Decisive Strike in its current state is fun? BT as base kit is a nerf?? They actually buffed BT and now made it part of base kit, how is that bad in any way for Survivors? Did you actually even read the developer update patch notes at all, because they literally only somewhat decimated Spine Chill and Iron Will. If you're saying nerfing Self-Care, Spine Chill and Iron Will was this gigantic nerf that will destroy solo queue you're lying.

    If you were playing DbD like Sam Fisher and avoiding chases, spamming DS right infront of the exit gates then this game is not for you. I think we're better off with less players who react negatively to a meta being SLIGHTLY, VERY SLIGHTLY nerfed and don't actually read the changelogs.

    Thanks for quitting the game.

    As far as decisive strike is concerned, it wasn't fun with how it was and it is made worse in the update. If decisive strike is no fun for you then maybe change your play style to where you're not tunneling to have it used on you. Something I've noticed often in the event is killers will tunnel and slug, with it looking pretty obvious they're scared a survivor has decisive strike.

  • @WARW0LF said:

    As an exclusively solo survivor since 2017, the coming changes look disgusting for survivors, great for killers, they neeeded it but us solo players get screwed, yet again, this is the final nail in the coffin, this game was barely fun to begin with and now, it will truly be a miserable experience for solo

    so they increase gen speeds, okay, so whats stopping killers from still bringing stacked regression perks, the devs took a problem and made it worse, right idea, stupid execution

    every survivor meta perk decimated, why?, you kill perks because they are popular, thats backwards, are you going to nerf whatever paltry meta comes out of this because that too is popular, pathetic.

    buffed bloodlust, thats also backwards

    i was all for killer buffs, that seems great but to nerf survivors into the ground, i'm glad i didn't buy the last few DLCs 😅

    expect a mass exodus of solo players when it goes live, killer queues will return to 30m and considerably less content being created by survivors, pretty good job so far

    I see a few issues with your statements here but lets adress the first thing. Time to quit. Then quit. no ones stopping you if you don't like change go play another game.

    Now to address the comments in your post.

    You say whats to stop killers bringing stacked regression perks. how is this different from before this update? Killers have always been able to do this its just a form of playstyle. As a killer main I can argue with this update whats to stop survivors bringing stacked endurance and speed perks that have been buffed??

    Every survivor meta perk decimated...not exactly. Balancing doesnt mean decimated. Lets break it down.

    Dead hard has been buffed. on the face of it the perk looks bad but in practice when used efficently it will give survivors much more distance and a free hit.

    Ds was nurfed but it was needed. The stun timer brings it in line with pallet and head on stun timers.

    BT has been buffed a lot because ontop of the endurance you also get the 7% speed boost for the 15 seconds.

    Self care was nurfed yes but there are alternative perks you can use instead. Boon circle of healing or just bring a medkit.

    Iron will is a fair nerf as it doesnt make survivors completly invisible.

    Now you say bloodlust got buffed. Well yes it did. but only tier 2 and 3. Most killers will get a hit either before blood lust 1 or during blood lust 1. If a killer gets to bl2 or bl3 then either the survivor has a god tier setup or the survivor is just higher skill. And a higher skilled player will know to pallet stun a killer to reset blood lust timers.


    I find it intersting that you don't mention any survivor buffs and just complain about nerfs. Off the record (although will likely be changed) is a great solo survivor perk as it can help when your farmed off the hook. Botony knowledge got a buff meaning the healing meta is even better now.

    All in all the update has its ups and downs but both sides got nerfs and both sides got buffs.

    What we are seeing on the forums is players just complain for the sake of complaining and most don't want to stop and think about how the new versions of the perks will work in practice or how some of them will become very powerful when comboed.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019546#Comment_3019546

    Imagine the insanely idiotic bodyblock plays with Off the Record, DS and Boon: Circle of Healing.

    Off the Record, MoM, DS, Adrenaline, Soul Guard and WGLF will make for a pretty nasty combo for SWF. Add some Medkits with Styptic Agent on top and the killer won´t know who to hit.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330252/time-to-quit

    Ah I knew it, the "all change is bad" guy. They didn't increase gen speeds. They actually LOWERED them, now gens are 12% slower to repair. Generators are so insanely fast to repair that you basically need to bring slowdown and regression perks to avoid genrushing, and even then you still get genrushed.

    "Every survivor meta perk decimated" are you saying that Decisive Strike in its current state is fun? BT as base kit is a nerf?? They actually buffed BT and now made it part of base kit, how is that bad in any way for Survivors? Did you actually even read the developer update patch notes at all, because they literally only somewhat decimated Spine Chill and Iron Will. If you're saying nerfing Self-Care, Spine Chill and Iron Will was this gigantic nerf that will destroy solo queue you're lying.

    If you were playing DbD like Sam Fisher and avoiding chases, spamming DS right infront of the exit gates then this game is not for you. I think we're better off with less players who react negatively to a meta being SLIGHTLY, VERY SLIGHTLY nerfed and don't actually read the changelogs.

    Thanks for quitting the game.

    They took the worst aspect of DBD "the gen repairs" and made it longer and honestly more boring.

    They buff monsteorus shrine to make it stronger with camping (24 meter raidus is nothing.")

    Basekit Save the best for last for killer which is going to be great for camping

    Completely ignore passive slowdown perks like deadlock.

    Nerfed DS

    And the survivor buff to justify this???

    A 5 second endurance with haste. Legit not even enough time to make it out of basement on half the maps.

    Oh And I guess off the record and a few extra seconds of BT.

    The survivor buffs are so little, this changes nothing. The nerfed perks like DS.... DS WHICH IS MANDATORY HALF THE TIME. I thought they were going to announce Basekit DS with BT, but they nerfed it??????????

    For the killers who are still here... good luck. If solo players are smart they will quit now. This game is going become SWF required.

  • @pseudechis said:

    You could wait to try it out on the PTB and see what comes to live before crying that the sky is falling.

    I don't think anyone needs to try the PTB to comprehend that some perks that have been nerfed are no longer useful (ie Iron Will is no longer a perk that silences injured survivors, self care takes longer now, etc...)

  • Same time next week?

  • All I play is solo q, and I can say wholeheartedly that you're all overreacting. God forbid you rely on your own skill instead of your meta perks.

  • @GiveMeTheBox said:

    All I play is solo q, and I can say wholeheartedly that you're all overreacting. God forbid you rely on your own skill instead of your meta perks.

    I'm mostly solo (killer as side) and I'm looking forward to the changes as well.

    The Corrupt Intervention change alone is going to do a lot for my matches, I'm imagining.

    A lot of the niche perks also look pretty fun and will fit into my 'Totem' and 'Rescue' builds.

    I am a bit upset that they MASSACRED MY BOY, SELF-CARE, THOUGH!!!

  • I was gob smacked when I first read the patch notes... I read it twice to make sure I read it right. I am happy for killers but we solo survivors just got gutted. I mean am still shocked I love this game but I might have to find another game now... Also, the section about camping and tunnelling made me laugh because it just helps a little with tunnelling but killers can still camp hooks and get grabs. Also, like OTZ mentioned dead man's switch will be more affected now gens are a little bit longer.

  • Feels camped/tunneled

    6kmkuu.jpg


  • Too bad they only listen to killers crying. Now we have a broken unbalanced game where skilled killers are unbeatable. Aka Deathgarden.

  • Stealing this with my grubby little paws!

  • @GiveMeTheBox said:

    All I play is solo q, and I can say wholeheartedly that you're all overreacting. God forbid you rely on your own skill instead of your meta perks.

    Ofc, next one you'll also say you win all your matches as clown without perks and addons.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019521#Comment_3019521

    Too bad they only listen to killers crying. Now we have a broken unbalanced game where skilled killers are unbeatable. Aka Deathgarden.

    Or you're playing Low MMR where people use the worst tactics all the time.

  • @GiveMeTheBox said:

    All I play is solo q, and I can say wholeheartedly that you're all overreacting. God forbid you rely on your own skill instead of your meta perks.

    Cheryl come on, default DS and Iron Will were TOTALLY balanced.

  • After a good night sleep, I feel the changes have many very strong buffs for survivors. Some may even be OP.

    As a solo survivor, I'll be sure to try them. The game seems to get healthier, it's certainly not the time to leave.

  • Makes you wonder just how rough so many killers have it if some survivors truly have such abysmal escape rates.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020419#Comment_3020419

    Or you're playing Low MMR where people use the worst tactics all the time.

    You must be not playing this game if u r talking about MMR. MMR in Solo-que lobbies ? Are u serious?

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020289#Comment_3020289

    I'm mostly solo (killer as side) and I'm looking forward to the changes as well.

    The Corrupt Intervention change alone is going to do a lot for my matches, I'm imagining.

    A lot of the niche perks also look pretty fun and will fit into my 'Totem' and 'Rescue' builds.

    I am a bit upset that they MASSACRED MY BOY, SELF-CARE, THOUGH!!!

    I just started running self-care regularly, too... Good news is that he buff to Botany seems to make up for it.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020289#Comment_3020289

    Ofc, next one you'll also say you win all your matches as clown without perks and addons.

    Is it really that crazy to believe a solo q player can do well without meta perks...?

  • @GiveMeTheBox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020315#Comment_3020315

    I just started running self-care regularly, too... Good news is that he buff to Botany seems to make up for it.

    Yeah, but now running 2 perks for heal yourself?

  • @drsoontm said:

    After a good night sleep, I feel the changes have many very strong buffs for survivors. Some may even be OP.

    As a solo survivor, I'll be sure to try them. The game seems to get healthier, it's certainly not the time to leave.

    Which are the strong buffs besides OTR?

  • It's good for healing others, too. I like to combine them with other healing perks so I can get big heals on everyone.

  • There are many stronger perks.

    Saboteur will allow to deny Scourge hooks.

    Lucky Break can now last even longer.

    Hope is limitless. It was already very good, now it's good forever.

    Sole Survivor is insane for standoffs.

    Distortion can recharge (which is good against all killers but Nurse and Huntress are helped by aura detection)

    Lightweight makes you harder to track, faster (very good against detection dependent killers, Nurse being in front of that list)

    No one left behind boosts speed even more (imagine the stacks)

    Dark Sense helps you see the killer for 10 seconds. Imagine how easy it is to avoid a mind-game. Imagine how strong against the Nurse (she is heavily punished for a wasted blinks while the survivor sees exactly what she is doing and has 10 seconds to plan a way to scram)

    WGLF adds endurance from a dying state. Think how many times a killer has downed a survivor right when he stood. This prevents it.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It is clear as mud that BHVR hates survivors.

    When they said generators are powered a little too quickly I rolled my eyes and said to myself:. where and when?

    They nerfed gen regression perks but buffed other gen regression perks and still increased gen repair times too?

    Yes after years of catering to survs, somehow they now magically hate the base they cater to the most. Cool story bro.

  • what's next, remove the ability to run as it's used too much by survivors, survivors are using their shift key a little too much, could happen with these devs

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020581#Comment_3020581

    There are many stronger perks.

    Saboteur will allow to deny Scourge hooks.

    Lucky Break can now last even longer.

    Hope is limitless. It was already very good, now it's good forever.

    Sole Survivor is insane for standoffs.

    Distortion can recharge (which is good against all killers but Nurse and Huntress are helped by aura detection)

    Lightweight makes you harder to track, faster (very good against detection dependent killers, Nurse being in front of that list)

    No one left behind boosts speed even more (imagine the stacks)

    Dark Sense helps you see the killer for 10 seconds. Imagine how easy it is to avoid a mind-game. Imagine how strong against the Nurse (she is heavily punished for a wasted blinks while the survivor sees exactly what she is doing and has 10 seconds to plan a way to scram)

    WGLF adds endurance from a dying state. Think how many times a killer has downed a survivor right when he stood. This prevents it.

    Saboteur is useless in solo.

    Lucky break is ok.

    Hope is ok if you get to end game.

    Sole survivor is ok if you get to end game and your whole team died.

    Distortion is ok.

    Lightweight we'll have to see how it looks.

    No one left behind again, only good in end game if you let all your team die.

    Dark sense is useless if it's just 24 meters because at that point you already know the killer is there since it also wont work with undetectable killers.

    WGLF is only good in SWF.

  • Alright. I'll take your slot in your survivor queue.

  • @DBD_Pinhead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019255#Comment_3019255

    Yes after years of catering to survs, somehow they now magically hate the base they cater to the most. Cool story bro.

    They've been heavily nerfing survivors for 6 years. That is not catering to survivors, but catering to killers.

    Even bloodlust was buffed? What does that say? After maps have been neutered.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020634#Comment_3020634

    Saboteur is useless in solo.

    Lucky break is ok.

    Hope is ok if you get to end game.

    Sole survivor is ok if you get to end game and your whole team died.

    Distortion is ok.

    Lightweight we'll have to see how it looks.

    No one left behind again, only good in end game if you let all your team die.

    Dark sense is useless if it's just 24 meters because at that point you already know the killer is there since it also wont work with undetectable killers.

    WGLF is only good in SWF.

    Solo or not, helping your team is always to your benefit. (If that's news to you, try to consider it.)

    I tend to get to end game (unless tunneled of course) and then sometimes it's hard to reach the gates. Speed is always good. Remember that killers are only 115% at most.

    Instead of "letting all your team die", I often have a team that ends up dying (usually half, then it's whoever fails to escape a chase first). It happens often (even as an average survivor, the game sense of 2.5k hours helps with survival)

    I don't think you realize how good Dark Sense it. People are crying against Nurse or Blight : how can these two handle 10s wallhacks against all but the most inept survivors?

    There is no one-size-fits-all. It's about strengths, weaknesses and the role you want to play.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020641#Comment_3020641

    Solo or not, helping your team is always to your benefit. (If that's news to you, try to consider it.)

    I tend to get to end game (unless tunneled of course) and then sometimes it's hard to reach the gates. Speed is always good. Remember that killers are only 115% at most.

    Instead of "letting all your team die", I often have a team that ends up dying (usually half, then it's whoever fails to escape a chase first). It happens often (even as an average survivor, the game sense of 2.5k hours helps with survival)

    I don't think you realize how good Dark Sense it. People are crying against Nurse or Blight : how can these two handle 10s wallhacks against all but the most inept survivors?

    There is no one-size-fits-all. It's about strengths, weaknesses and the role you want to play.

    Why would I care to "help my team" when a lot of them dc, suicide on hook, leave me to die on hook....

  • @GiveMeTheBox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020315#Comment_3020315

    I just started running self-care regularly, too... Good news is that he buff to Botany seems to make up for it.

    I'm probably going to use SC/BK/Overcome/rotate through changed perks in 4th slot as my ptb build.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020679#Comment_3020679

    Why would I care to "help my team" when a lot of them dc, suicide on hook, leave me to die on hook....

    I'm guessing you don't enjoy solo queue very much.

    I always play assuming my team will not be awful. I survive half the time. The ones I don't survive, I usually have saved someone else instead. (Something that will be taken into account in the future btw.)

    Games with irredeemable teams are quite rare in my experience. So much so that I tend to vent here when I get them.

    I'm in Europe and usually play survivor between 17:00 an 19:00 CET. Maybe it's a factor.

  • I play a ton of solo surv and I'm very excited for this update. Some of my builds have been buffed and my "never use slowdown perks" attitude on killer is being rewarded. I think I'm going to be enjoying the game much more now.


    I just hope they don't kill pharmacy.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020699#Comment_3020699

    I'm guessing you don't enjoy solo queue very much.

    I always play assuming my team will not be awful. I survive half the time. The ones I don't survive, I usually have saved someone else instead. (Something that will be taken into account in the future btw.)

    Games with irredeemable teams are quite rare in my experience. So much so that I tend to vent here when I get them.

    I'm in Europe and usually play survivor between 17:00 an 19:00 CET. Maybe it's a factor.

    I only play solo Q.

    My team a lot of the times is not helpful.

    I'm also in EU so no it isnt a factor. At night it just gets worse.

    The only thing that made it less miserable was turning crossplay off so I only get sweaty PC players and not noobs.

  • @Cybil said:

    I play a ton of solo surv and I'm very excited for this update. Some of my builds have been buffed and my "never use slowdown perks" attitude on killer is being rewarded. I think I'm going to be enjoying the game much more now.

    I just hope they don't kill pharmacy.

    You hope they dont kill pharmacy and that's exactly what they did.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020552#Comment_3020552

    I'm probably going to use SC/BK/Overcome/rotate through changed perks in 4th slot as my ptb build.

    I recommend desperate measures with that build. Will be more important than ever with the Thanatophobia buff.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020725#Comment_3020725

    You hope they dont kill pharmacy and that's exactly what they did.

    Don't remind me

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020722#Comment_3020722

    I only play solo Q.

    My team a lot of the times is not helpful.

    I'm also in EU so no it isnt a factor. At night it just gets worse.

    The only thing that made it less miserable was turning crossplay off so I only get sweaty PC players and not noobs.

    But you play at night. At night I only play killer, usually against quite strong teams until about 23:00. After that time, it's quite often a butcher shop.

    Maybe we have played against each other (or together) already over these last few years.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020636#Comment_3020636

    They've been heavily nerfing survivors for 6 years. That is not catering to survivors, but catering to killers.

    Even bloodlust was buffed? What does that say? After maps have been neutered.

    Heavily? Hardly. There's still killer bugs that have not been fixed, maps are STILL surv sided, SWF is apparently not nerfable, and survs can still run multiple stacks of game breaking perks for years on end. They're now getting back to addressing gen speeds after a 2 year hiatus, which in case you didn't know, still get finished a breakneck speeds even in low MMR, which in and of itself is a detriment to the base as a whole and moreso the higher you go up as killer, facing Seal Team 6 depip squads. Survs never had it so good up until now.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020731#Comment_3020731

    But you play at night. At night I only play killer, usually against quite strong teams until about 23:00. After that time, it's quite often a butcher shop.

    Maybe we have played against each others (or together) already over these last few years.

    I don't only play at night. I'm playing right now in fact. I play during the day and at night depends on my free time and mood.

  • Already uninstalled.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    Thats hyperbolic. The changes arnt that bad unless you need those meta perks. Which good survivors dont really. What I'm concerned with is the camping tunneling change isnt big enough. Seems disproportionate killer buffs. The reason why I'm saying you're being hyperbolic is that they already said they are going to monitor the changes to make sure nothing gets out of hand. Which means that they are going to adjust things. Its not the end of the world just because changes were announced, and typically if theres a substantial issue to survivors BHVR are quick to fix it. So if you're worried thats fine but being all doom and gloom is not warranted

    They really are that bad if you take out the killers base kit buffs its fine the perks mean nothing all perks are usless but the base mechanics are ruined now looping will die and gen rushing will be the new meta.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020636#Comment_3020636

    They've been heavily nerfing survivors for 6 years. That is not catering to survivors, but catering to killers.

    Even bloodlust was buffed? What does that say? After maps have been neutered.

    It says exactly what the explanation on the announcement says... that kill rates were lower on average than they'd like them to be and they are making changes.

    The amount of doom and gloom bias on these forums maybe its better if these people do just quit for a bit.

  • @Moofy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019344#Comment_3019344

    I don't think anyone needs to try the PTB to comprehend that some perks that have been nerfed are no longer useful (ie Iron Will is no longer a perk that silences injured survivors, self care takes longer now, etc...)

    What gets announced doesn't always make it to live but if you want to jump on the doom and gloom we fear change bandwagon go for it.

1 2 3