The Genrush Masquerade is a nice Event

yo,

A prime example of how fast the gens are flying at the moment. I'm curious when all the Genslowdown perks are nerfed, what it will be like then. Genrush Meta Inc (coming soon with the Perkreworks)

Oh, and as if SWF with higher MMR wasn't punishment enough, they also make fun of the killer..... This is so much fun

Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep (reduce) their MMR to a minimum?

I want to have fun playing again, the rest is too frustrating as a killer.

Comments

  • Alternate names for this event:

    The Facecamp Masquerade

    The Sweat Masquerade

    The Double Range Camping Tunneling P3 Nurse Masquerade

    The Rubberbanding That Shouldn't Even Be A Bug And Yet Is And Will Screw Over Literally All Of Your Matches Masquerade

  • Survivors have to escape to get their masks.

    Blame BHVR. This whole event is a sweat fest on both sides.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Alternate names for this event:

    The Facecamp Masquerade

    The Sweat Masquerade

    The Double Range Camping Tunneling P3 Nurse Masquerade

    The Rubberbanding That Shouldn't Even Be A Bug And Yet Is And Will Screw Over Literally All Of Your Matches Masquerade

    That´s the other side. I Iove your commends my GoodBoyKaru 😍

    Now tell me how to reduce my MMR extremely...... 😥

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008712#Comment_3008712

    That´s the other side. I Iove your commends my GoodBoyKaru 😍

    Now tell me how to reduce my MMR extremely...... 😥

    Oh no, the Sweat and the Rubberbanding one actually impacts my killer games more than my survivor ones so they were directed towards the killer side

    MMR is calculated based on kills and escapes only. I don't think I need to tell you how that rises and falls, you can proabably figure it out (though don't AFK because that's bannable)

  • @PNgamer said:

    yo,

    A prime example of how fast the gens are flying at the moment. I'm curious when all the Genslowdown perks are nerfed, what it will be like then. Genrush Meta Inc (coming soon with the Perkreworks)

    Oh, and as if SWF with higher MMR wasn't punishment enough, they also make fun of the killer..... This is so much fun

    Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep (reduce) their MMR to a minimum?

    I want to have fun playing again, the rest is too frustrating as a killer.

    You can reduce your mmr by letting survivors escape get 2 hooks on everyone en let them escape... You get 95% of your bp that way for a match and you reduce your MMR.

    I have been doing this on legion to see if it actually works and it does work... The moment i take another killer the gens fly faster then an F16 again. So based on this every killer has a different MMR. Atm if i want to play nice i take legion if i want some harder matches i can pick every other killer.


    The only thing i am annoyed about is that for some unknown reason i always get Crows map, mcmillan map or ormond map. i dont know why but those maps seem to have a higher random spawn rate then others. i know you can be unlucky but not every day xD

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Alternate names for this event:

    The Facecamp Masquerade

    The Sweat Masquerade

    The Double Range Camping Tunneling P3 Nurse Masquerade

    The Rubberbanding That Shouldn't Even Be A Bug And Yet Is And Will Screw Over Literally All Of Your Matches Masquerade

    Demogorgon mains in shambles due to rubberbanding during shred Masquerade

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Survivors have to escape to get their masks.

    Blame BHVR. This whole event is a sweat fest on both sides.

    It's great. Finally all the useless teammates I get are actually doing gens. I don't have to do 3 of them by myself every game.

    Majority of my matches end fast with killers getting 0-1K.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Alternate names for this event:

    The Facecamp Masquerade

    The Sweat Masquerade

    The Double Range Camping Tunneling P3 Nurse Masquerade

    The Rubberbanding That Shouldn't Even Be A Bug And Yet Is And Will Screw Over Literally All Of Your Matches Masquerade

    What is Rubberbanding ? :)

  • You know when your character kinda lags backwards or forwards sometimes? Its like pulling and releasing a rubberband when that happens, hence the name I believe

  • There's currently a bug going on where your character freezes in place for a moment and just glitches back constantly for a few seconds. Happens as both survivor and killer, and in my experience more often as killer. Can happen mid-power usage too, such as rubberbanding during a Nurse Blink, Demo Shred, Blight Rush, etc. And during chases. And when you lunge. It's really fun. :)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Alternate names for this event:

    The Facecamp Masquerade

    The Sweat Masquerade

    The Double Range Camping Tunneling P3 Nurse Masquerade

    The Rubberbanding That Shouldn't Even Be A Bug And Yet Is And Will Screw Over Literally All Of Your Matches Masquerade

    For me it's the "Road to 1000 Flans Masquerade"

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Survivors have to escape to get their masks.

    Blame BHVR. This whole event is a sweat fest on both sides.

    Yes, otherwise they would just hook suicide after they found their mask as they did last year

  • @Kerkvlerk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/329177/the-genrush-masquerade-is-a-nice-event

    You can reduce your mmr by letting survivors escape get 2 hooks on everyone en let them escape... You get 95% of your bp that way for a match and you reduce your MMR.

    I have been doing this on legion to see if it actually works and it does work... The moment i take another killer the gens fly faster then an F16 again. So based on this every killer has a different MMR. Atm if i want to play nice i take legion if i want some harder matches i can pick every other killer.

    The only thing i am annoyed about is that for some unknown reason i always get Crows map, mcmillan map or ormond map. i dont know why but those maps seem to have a higher random spawn rate then others. i know you can be unlucky but not every day xD

    I have consistently lost almost every match as killer, and I'm still seeing the same meta perks every round. MMR clearly is not working for this event.

  • Honestly, this is why I've been waiting on bots for years. The DBD community can sometimes be rather toxic, and sometimes depending on the time of day you play, your SBMM rating won't affect your games much. So what better way to brush it off than by taking your frustrations out on some poor bots? LOL It sucks that bots aren't coming until the end of the year, but the fact that they are officially coming makes me definitely more eager to play this game than ever before.

  • @PNgamer said:

    yo,

    A prime example of how fast the gens are flying at the moment. I'm curious when all the Genslowdown perks are nerfed, what it will be like then. Genrush Meta Inc (coming soon with the Perkreworks)

    Oh, and as if SWF with higher MMR wasn't punishment enough, they also make fun of the killer..... This is so much fun

    Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep (reduce) their MMR to a minimum?

    I want to have fun playing again, the rest is too frustrating as a killer.

    Survivors don't have a choice its the way bhvr designed the event. MMR is another reason the event sucks because the invites are impossible to find and you are faced with a killer that should make the match difficult but not overly difficult add in trying to find an invitation and a killer of your caliber and there's nothing we can do but gen rush and hope the killer gives up at the end so you can go hunting.

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008720#Comment_3008720

    Yes, otherwise they would just hook suicide after they found their mask as they did last year

    that was 3 events ago the lunar event is a prime example why this isn't something you should worry about don't let them brain wash you into believing it also.

  • I personally like this event more than last 2 I played. Better cosmetics, free community skins and it seems the ratio of cakes in bloodwebs on survivor was increased. I use one every match since the event started and have still around 300 combined on 4 characters.

  • I think we shouldn't call this "masquerade" when no one is wearing the mask.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Alternate names for this event:

    The Facecamp Masquerade

    The Sweat Masquerade

    The Double Range Camping Tunneling P3 Nurse Masquerade

    The Rubberbanding That Shouldn't Even Be A Bug And Yet Is And Will Screw Over Literally All Of Your Matches Masquerade

    Dont forgot the No Invites Spawn Event

  • @PNgamer said:

    yo,

    A prime example of how fast the gens are flying at the moment. I'm curious when all the Genslowdown perks are nerfed, what it will be like then. Genrush Meta Inc (coming soon with the Perkreworks)

    Oh, and as if SWF with higher MMR wasn't punishment enough, they also make fun of the killer..... This is so much fun

    Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep (reduce) their MMR to a minimum?

    I want to have fun playing again, the rest is too frustrating as a killer.

    I would just play normally and not worry about MMR or pips or any of that jazz. Play the game because you enjoy it and learn to accept losing more gracefully. Even in matches where I "lose" I do my best and keep doing things that generate blood points. There is way too much RNG in this game to take wins or defeats seriously.

    One side always has a disadvantage that can only be mitigated by their decisions in-game, the perks they brought, and the decisions of the other players. If you just won every match easily it would be very boring.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Survivors have to escape to get their masks.

    Blame BHVR. This whole event is a sweat fest on both sides.

    I think you just have to reach end game to get your reward as survivor.

    @PNgamer said:

    yo,

    A prime example of how fast the gens are flying at the moment. I'm curious when all the Genslowdown perks are nerfed, what it will be like then. Genrush Meta Inc (coming soon with the Perkreworks)

    Oh, and as if SWF with higher MMR wasn't punishment enough, they also make fun of the killer..... This is so much fun

    Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep (reduce) their MMR to a minimum?

    I want to have fun playing again, the rest is too frustrating as a killer.

    I must be in a much lower MMR ha, I find no gens being worked on half the time in solo queue, and people just running around aimlessly (maybe looking for the RSVP thing?) or crouched somewhere random when the killers no where near. Fun times, I also end up practically dying from first hook, because the two survivors not in a chase decide to leave me there hanging. I think I should stop using Bond so I can't see the madness, and just quietly believe we're all working together as a team.

    Regardless if your playing survivor or killer, everyone has bad games. Just move onto the next, or take a short break before another, and don't dwell on it. Enjoy the event, hope you have some games you can enjoy.