For real - trying to get the "Evil Incarnate" achievment gets the worst out of this community

I tried about 15 times to get this achievment. I figured that during an event like this, were everyone gets basically showered with BP, someone could easily say to themselves "ah, you know what? I don`t need that 5k BP for survival. I will help this poor chap to get his really hard achievment done."

But no, once you manage to kill two survivors, the others immerse themselves or hide in lockers. Apparently its not in the survivors rule book that you shall ever show any sympathy or empathy towards the killer. They know that they have to die, but they will stay in that locker just to spoil your chance this run.

And afterwards they gloat and rub it in your face, what a "bad killer" you are, what a "baby killer with noob add-ons" and that this game would be better of if you "uninstalled the game". I managed somewhat a conversation with two survivors in the post-game-chat and eventually they even got convinced that its dumb to be so vitriolic and that there is nothing to be gained. But thats after the game, before that you have no way of communicating what you are trying and maybe asking for help.

One team even hid for 30min after everyone else was dead. Didn't touch a gen, always sneaking about dead dog saloons bushes. Thus achievment is cursed and I might never touch Myers again when I am done with this, just because how bad this all feels.

Comments

  • This, along with the achievement to be the last survivor alive to activate the final gen and escape through the exit gates, are a few if the only achievements I haven't gotten yet because it's just insanely challenging to get them completed

  • I tried it in 2016 and realized it was very tedious and required survivors who were unaware of lockers. I have been saving up the needed add-ons assuming that Mike will eventually get some quality of life changes.

    I would ignore this achievement for now. Many people who have it did not earn it in a legitimate match anyway. It requires friendly or clueless survivors.

  • You can turn it on their head by running tombstone with bps. I was doing that on a whim to clear out my addons pre-prestige and hoo boy the amount of bitterness I got for "wasting" them...

  • Spite or no, they don't owe you the achievement any more than you owe them an escape.

    Kill them and move on.

  • I was lucky enough to get it the second time I tried but yeah everyone uses lockers

  • ...mate, trying this achievement during the event is the worst possible time to do it. People aren't going to think "Oh we've all got Super BP right now, I can let him kill me!", they're gonna think "What a tryhard jerk. I'm going to make sure he doesn't get to actually kill me. What kind of a troll brings that kind of thing during Super BP Time?!?!".

    For the achievement itself, I got super lucky that a survivor took pity on me. My second game trying it, I murdered 3 of the 4 and had a Feng dead to rights. For some reason, the game did a lunge stab when I was next to her instead of Mori Stab. I was crushed. I picked her up and let her wiggle off knowing I'd have like...ten seconds left on my clock before my T3 ran out. Bless her heart, she wiggled free and then just stood there, offering herself up so I could get my achievement.

    Whoever you were Bunny Feng, I salute you.

  • Is this really the best time for it?

    Also, don't use mikey just so you get an achievement, it's cruel :(.

    Embrace the tombstone for a while and you'll get it eventually, don't think about it.


    I lost count how many times I tombstoned 4 people by just playing mike often. It happens when you don't think about it and you aren't impatient.

  • You're trying for it day 2 of the event where survivors need to make it to end game to get their masks. It's very unlikely survivors will be offering themselves up until they collect all 12 masks, you'd have better chance next week when most players already have all 12 masks.

  • Yeah, it's frustrating. I luckily got it on my... fourth? try due to the last survivor just going up to one of those fire barrels and waiting for me. Whenever I find a Judith's Tombstone Myers and I don't think it's possible to escape, I don't put up a fuss about dying. Sometimes I'll try to be the last one standing so that I can make it easy for them. That achievement is obnoxiously reliant on a lack of spite from opponents in a type of match that very few people enjoy playing. You'll find that when you do catch the last person away from a locker, they're liable to DC on you.

    That said, this probably isn't the best time to do the achievement. Everyone wants bloodpoints and it's flan city out there. Tombstone Myers games are some of the worst BP gain matches across the board and you're liable to get a lot of salt just for that.

  • I did it on The Game map after a couple tries. Go to one of the exit gates and drop them off the ledge and then they don't have time to get to a locker. Even better if you have PWYF since they really won't get anywhere. I'd worry more about people dcing or the last person getting hatch at that point though.

    There might be other maps where you can do that as well but the Game is the only one that comes to mind.

  • Thanks for all your kind words. I now see why the event might not be the best time to tackle this challenge ^_-

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    This, along with the achievement to be the last survivor alive to activate the final gen and escape through the exit gates, are a few if the only achievements I haven't gotten yet because it's just insanely challenging to get them completed

    i've more troubles with the new ones that devs putted... (end a chase going into a locker without being caught 35 times)... you have to play with a specific build (guess quick and quiet is a must) and aganist your team... not gonna do it, i'm tired of idiotic achievement who force you to play badly

  • I had a Meyers once message me while I hid in a locker begging me to help him get the achievement. I COMPLETELY forgot this was a hard ass achievement to get and only knew about it because I read a similar thread on here with someone also struggling to get it. I came out and let him kill. He was so grateful. Like someone else on here said, it was his FIFTEENTH try for the day. I cringe for when it’s my turn to go for it. Y’all have some horror stories here lol.

  • Super BP event? Well...

    myers.png

    Muahahaha!

  • It is a very unfun playstyle although I believe there are also people who bring Tombstone just for the "fun" of it.

    I'm very lucky that I got it on first try but I almost didn't because the I slugged the second to last person and she was about to bleed out. There are so many factors that play in and the map also matters. We were on Gas Heaven with plenty of pallets up and j had to eat through all of them to get the last kill. That took forever once you do there are deadzones without lockers which helped.

    Afterwards the last two survivors were still in chat and I apologised to them. They don't play for achievements and weren't even aware that this was an achievement on some platforms!

  • The problem with this trophy is that survivors dont get much BP if you succeed. Well even you wont get much BP. Because you only get chase points basically and survivors dont get any altruism for that game which makes it a bad experience.

    If they somehow make it more fun or more BP to gain for survivors, Im sure people wouldnt mind it that much. I dont mind being killed by michael with it, however being killed and have no BP, no gameplay and a depip as a bonus? No wonder so many people rather jump into lockers and force grabs just to spite you.

    I got it on Yamaoka last year but I was more lucky than skillful, and thankfully this Claudia offered herself to mori, god bless her

  • I did hook them before I went to Tier 3. I needed that slowdown too + Ruin & Surge because gens flew.


    And based on that I'm not sure we would all have had that many points if I had been a Myers with other add ons. 😅 Some of my games on large maps with Mikey just end up BP killers for everyone because I can't get the stalk fast enough if they spread & they're all out very quickly. Or games are on the other end of the spectrum, where Myers snowballs too quickly. If I need BPs I play a different killer.

  • Apparently its not in the survivors rule book that you shall ever show any sympathy or empathy towards the killer.

    They could say the same about you for running the most bp-killing snooze-inducing build in the game during an event. DUCY?

    Pot and kettle at their finest. Pick which one you are.

  • Im not gonna assume u are going for the achievement just because you have tombstone


    Survivors don't owe you kills.

  • Trolling tombstone myers with lockers and gens is probably one of the funniest things in dbd

  • Yeah, people will defend going into lockers as the last surv but there really isn't much to be said, I guess it's just a way to disrespect when you're clearly dead. I think being able to kill the last survivor if they entered a locker would be good, but obviously never gonna happen. I already have the achievement so I don't really care if I kill or sacrifice the last surv.

    My pro tip is start letting everyone go on Myers, unequip slowdown so you get to super low MMR. Then play in the evening when matchmaking is skewed in your favor and there are more casuals playing. Kill the best player with your tombstone first, or he'll use lockers, then the last 3 probably won't even know you can use lockers like this against Instakill Myers and you can get your achievement, unless the last survivor gets hatch. STBFL is a must of course.

    Just want to point out, I'm fine with survs going into lockers when they're not the last survivor, they're just trying to stay alive. But the last survivor straight up has zero reason to other than to deny the achievement, and I can guarantee anyone who does this knows full and well about the achievement.

  • This isn't bringing the worst out of the community, it's showing the lax nature of the devs approach to the game.

    The survivors don't need to roll over and die just because you say so, and if getting in a locker extends their game then that's literally the only play they have. The devs have had literally years to let Tombstone mori on a locker grab and have chosen not to. Blame them, not the people doing their only job, surviving.


  • @anarchy753 said:

    This isn't bringing the worst out of the community, it's showing the lax nature of the devs approach to the game.

    The survivors don't need to roll over and die just because you say so, and if getting in a locker extends their game then that's literally the only play they have. The devs have had literally years to let Tombstone mori on a locker grab and have chosen not to. Blame them, not the people doing their only job, surviving.

    I still object, mate. I don't demand for survivors to "roll over and die just because I say so", nor do I feel entitled to this achievment being handed to me for free. But when you get the snowball rolling on 3 gens and kill two of them, the others literally have no reasonable way out of this. Going and hiding into lockers at that point is only done to spite the killer, not because they want to maximize their BP. People even gloat about this and one commenter here even said that its "probably one of the funniest things in dbd". Thats the attitude we are dealing with, here.

    And I wouldn't have minded or even considered making a post about this if it happend a couple of times, but its 16 times in a row. I realized by now that I was a bit naive with me estimate of a carefree environment during an event, but it still baffles me how often people willingly accept a hatch offering, yet no one seems to be able to stomach the loss of 5k BP at the advantage of another player from the enemy team, when everything is lost. 16 times is a big enough attempts that you would think that you could run into one of the "memeing SWF who are just in it for the fun" of legends, but I rarely got that much vitriol in the chat till I tried to tackle this.

    But yeah, I learned my lesson. Again, thanks everyone for commenting.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3006031#Comment_3006031

    I still object, mate. I don't demand for survivors to "roll over and die just because I say so", nor do I feel entitled to this achievment being handed to me for free. But when you get the snowball rolling on 3 gens and kill two of them, the others literally have no reasonable way out of this. Going and hiding into lockers at that point is only done to spite the killer, not because they want to maximize their BP. People even gloat about this and one commenter here even said that its "probably one of the funniest things in dbd". Thats the attitude we are dealing with, here.

    And I wouldn't have minded or even considered making a post about this if it happend a couple of times, but its 16 times in a row. I realized by now that I was a bit naive with me estimate of a carefree environment during an event, but it still baffles me how often people willingly accept a hatch offering, yet no one seems to be able to stomach the loss of 5k BP at the advantage of another player from the enemy team, when everything is lost. 16 times is a big enough attempts that you would think that you could run into one of the "memeing SWF who are just in it for the fun" of legends, but I rarely got that much vitriol in the chat till I tried to tackle this.

    But yeah, I learned my lesson. Again, thanks everyone for commenting.

    I know it's an achievement, but playing into Tombstone is one of the worst experiences in the game. You get no chases, and bare minimum points, then the killer attacks for the first time and someone is just dead. It's not fun and generally people getting hit with that level of BS pretty quickly lose interest in doing something nice for the killer, especially since there's no guarantee they're trying for the achievement and not just using add ons that make the game unenjoyable. Saying "you must not use the only tool available to stop me instakilling you, because that's bad manners" isn't gonna fix the flawed design of both the add ons and the achievement, and if I can waste a minute of your time by being in a locker while you stare at it to give any remaining teammates the chance to repair a gen and potentially get out, that's literally my only option besides giving up and dying.

  • You're running the most busted build in the game and expecting survivors to roll over and give you your free no hook moris? Come on I thought people said survivors were the entitled ones! Maybe take a look inside and calm down a bit before trying again. People want to survive and you want to instantly kill them all, it's not your right to get it for free lol

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3006043#Comment_3006043

    I know it's an achievement, but playing into Tombstone is one of the worst experiences in the game. You get no chases, and bare minimum points, then the killer attacks for the first time and someone is just dead. It's not fun and generally people getting hit with that level of BS pretty quickly lose interest in doing something nice for the killer, especially since there's no guarantee they're trying for the achievement and not just using add ons that make the game unenjoyable. Saying "you must not use the only tool available to stop me instakilling you, because that's bad manners" isn't gonna fix the flawed design of both the add ons and the achievement, and if I can waste a minute of your time by being in a locker while you stare at it to give any remaining teammates the chance to repair a gen and potentially get out, that's literally my only option besides giving up and dying.

    Well, you ain't wrong, but I guess its the attitude of the latter part of your post thats responsible for all the sweat we are getting this event. Instead of having some kind of shared experience, everyone is hyper focused on the maximum gains and, barring that, spitting in the other sides soup.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3006031#Comment_3006031

    I still object, mate. I don't demand for survivors to "roll over and die just because I say so", nor do I feel entitled to this achievment being handed to me for free. But when you get the snowball rolling on 3 gens and kill two of them, the others literally have no reasonable way out of this. Going and hiding into lockers at that point is only done to spite the killer, not because they want to maximize their BP. People even gloat about this and one commenter here even said that its "probably one of the funniest things in dbd". Thats the attitude we are dealing with, here.

    And I wouldn't have minded or even considered making a post about this if it happend a couple of times, but its 16 times in a row. I realized by now that I was a bit naive with me estimate of a carefree environment during an event, but it still baffles me how often people willingly accept a hatch offering, yet no one seems to be able to stomach the loss of 5k BP at the advantage of another player from the enemy team, when everything is lost. 16 times is a big enough attempts that you would think that you could run into one of the "memeing SWF who are just in it for the fun" of legends, but I rarely got that much vitriol in the chat till I tried to tackle this.

    But yeah, I learned my lesson. Again, thanks everyone for commenting.

    You have to re-evaluate, dude.

    You aren't going into this playing a full and compete game with a hatch thrown out as a courtesy at the cost of a thousand or two BP. You're playing Tombstone Meyers.

    This means no evader, no altruism, and a game spent either holding M1, breaking line of sight, or being booted from the match. There is either no interaction, or a single interaction, that being instant death. You get no BP, almost certainly depip, and even if you don't die, you barely got to do anything. Most people understandably dread this match, and knowing you're going for an achievement doesn't make it any more enjoyable, if they even do know.

    You haven't exactly started from a positive position of fun and goodwill, and they usually get a little chuffed when it happens, same as when survivors bring map offerings to a bad map. Being upset that they don't choose the death you want shows that, yes, you do kinda want them to not only know what you're doing, but expect them to give you something out of goodwill that frankly has to be assumed and isn't really returned.

    None of us need an achievement.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    You're running the most busted build in the game and expecting survivors to roll over and give you your free no hook moris? Come on I thought people said survivors were the entitled ones! Maybe take a look inside and calm down a bit before trying again. People want to survive and you want to instantly kill them all, it's not your right to get it for free lol

    Please read the post two times above your ones for a more indepth take. But I get it by now, I naively chose a bad timing.

  • Killers say they don't owe survivors fun by camping and tunneling, sure. But then they can't be surprised when survivors also don't owe you an achievement where they get nothing out of it.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Killers say they don't owe survivors fun by camping and tunneling, sure. But then they can't be surprised when survivors also don't owe you an achievement where they get nothing out of it.

    I was just surprised by the sheer amount of it. I have yet to have a bad roll of 16 tunnels and camp in a row ^_-

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3006066#Comment_3006066

    I was just surprised by the sheer amount of it. I have yet to have a bad roll of 16 tunnels and camp in a row ^_-

    Tunneling and Camping is way more common than tombstone Myers, or even just Myers in general...

    I personally don't mind giving someone the achievement if I'm 100% sure theyre going to get it, but a lot just expect people to stand still and take the mori and when it doesnt happen they just slug and let you bleed out.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3006068#Comment_3006068

    Tunneling and Camping is way more common than tombstone Myers, or even just Myers in general...

    I personally don't mind giving someone the achievement if I'm 100% sure theyre going to get it, but a lot just expect people to stand still and take the mori and when it doesnt happen they just slug and let you bleed out.

    So, is sitting on the floor bleeding out for 4min defiently that much better then writing the game off and just go on? Again, I am not talking about entitlement here, but the sheer amount of hate and vitriol baffles me. By now I understand that Tombstone Myers is not fun and not lucrative to go against, but a lot of people actively enjoy spiting the killer. Waiting in a locker as the last survivor and stubbornly bleeding out gains you nothing but a very miniscule amount of BP, by being a massive time waster for everyone.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3006073#Comment_3006073

    So, is sitting on the floor bleeding out for 4min defiently that much better then writing the game off and just go on? Again, I am not talking about entitlement here, but the sheer amount of hate and vitriol baffles me. By now I understand that Tombstone Myers is not fun and not lucrative to go against, but a lot of people actively enjoy spiting the killer. Waiting in a locker as the last survivor and stubbornly bleeding out gains you nothing but a very miniscule amount of BP, by being a massive time waster for everyone.

    I mean if the killer wants to be petty and bleed me out for 4 mins because I didnt want to die with around 5k BP I'll gladly be on the ground for 4 mins and just look at youtube on my second monitor yes.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    I tried about 15 times to get this achievment. I figured that during an event like this, were everyone gets basically showered with BP, someone could easily say to themselves "ah, you know what? I don`t need that 5k BP for survival. I will help this poor chap to get his really hard achievment done."

    But no, once you manage to kill two survivors, the others immerse themselves or hide in lockers. Apparently its not in the survivors rule book that you shall ever show any sympathy or empathy towards the killer. They know that they have to die, but they will stay in that locker just to spoil your chance this run.

    And afterwards they gloat and rub it in your face, what a "bad killer" you are, what a "baby killer with noob add-ons" and that this game would be better of if you "uninstalled the game". I managed somewhat a conversation with two survivors in the post-game-chat and eventually they even got convinced that its dumb to be so vitriolic and that there is nothing to be gained. But thats after the game, before that you have no way of communicating what you are trying and maybe asking for help.

    One team even hid for 30min after everyone else was dead. Didn't touch a gen, always sneaking about dead dog saloons bushes. Thus achievment is cursed and I might never touch Myers again when I am done with this, just because how bad this all feels.

    It's very hard achiement you need potato survivors to do it. My friend got it first try he was lucky last survivor kept hiding in locker but I told my friend to carry him away from the locker so eventually he managed to kill him.