People want Dredge to be scary!

https://youtu.be/YvxHnz7nvTI

The fact that dredge glows like a sunlamp should not be a thing at all devs if he becomes too strong just shorten nightfall people can hard counter nightfall anyway by settings graphics to low so this shouldnt make the next spirit

Comments

  • It's been confirmed as a bug and should be fixed from PTB to live.

    Which comes out tomorrow, in fact. So we'll see.

  • I don't know about you, but personally, when I played against dredge on the PTB, I literally didn't enjoy it because I got Jump-scared twice back to back by him coming out of lockers out of view.


    I think he's plenty scary and if Nightfall is fixed and better than it was then, I don't know how much survivor I'll be playing in the next week 😅

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    It's been confirmed as a bug and should be fixed from PTB to live.

    Which comes out tomorrow, in fact. So we'll see.

    I heard he's supposed to glow, just not as bright. Which if that is the case...would still be garbage.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    It's been confirmed as a bug and should be fixed from PTB to live.

    Which comes out tomorrow, in fact. So we'll see.

    He will still glow like a lamp. just not from across the map.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    It's been confirmed as a bug and should be fixed from PTB to live.

    Which comes out tomorrow, in fact. So we'll see.

    I read this, immediately got confused because it's still Sunday, then remembered time zones exist

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984775#Comment_2984775

    I heard he's supposed to glow, just not as bright. Which if that is the case...would still be garbage.

    Thr glow have to go.So you want to surv to navigate in darkness but allow to see at 60m away of them and also make it glowing like a neon.

    Make surv just see the 16 m distance and use memory to remember where structures and pallets are

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984785#Comment_2984785

    Thr glow have to go.So you want to surv to navigate in darkness but allow to see at 60m away of them and also make it glowing like a neon.

    Make surv just see the 16 m distance and use memory to remember where structures and pallets are

    They said it's a bug and he's meant to glow when in chase or in m1 distance

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984775#Comment_2984775

    I read this, immediately got confused because it's still Sunday, then remembered time zones exist

    UK pain ✨

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @Bran

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958213#Comment_2958213

    So we can deduce a few things from this:

    1) Nightfall will obscure no less than 12m of distance for the survivors. My bet is 16m, but maybe we'll actually get 12.

    2) The glow's brightness is not only bugged, but there is supposed to be a distance check, likely in line with the obscured vision's distance.

    3) Nightfall is not explicitly the main focus of the power, it's more along the lines of Trickster's Main Event or Pinhead's box. Dredge is not first and foremost a traditional stealth killer, it is a killer with a mixed bag of abilities that all serves to synergize with each other. I see Nightfall as being primarily useful for the faster teleporting & undetectable effect, while the vision reduction effect is more of a "hey maybe you can do some cool plays by abandoning chase/teleporting if you're smart about it and lucky enough, even against people on comms". It really hinges on the distance at which you can see the Dredge, though.

    As for "bringing horror back to DbD"...not possible. Just like you can't force someone to genuinely laugh at your jokes if you're just naturally unfunny, you can't force someone to experience horror in a PvP game. At least, not after they've put thousands of hours into it and have gotten so good at the mechanics that everything plays about the same to them. I'm sure Dredge is going to scare the hell out of newcomers and more casual players though.

    Interesting to say the least, but this pile of pudding really could've been a horror killer just to bring some fun into the game with hold fashion jump scares.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984810#Comment_2984810

    They said it's a bug and he's meant to glow when in chase or in m1 distance

    That seems more reasonable to say the least.

  • Dredge looks like a deformed turkey. Not much they could do to make that scary.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984775#Comment_2984775

    I heard he's supposed to glow, just not as bright. Which if that is the case...would still be garbage.

    This. He should not glow at all, it just makes no sense.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984775#Comment_2984775

    I heard he's supposed to glow, just not as bright. Which if that is the case...would still be garbage.

    He'll glow when within M1 distance or a chase, but that's about it from what I read.

  • "a ptb bug" is often something they wanted to see what public reaction would be.

    Every streamer I saw play it had Dredge glowing, doubt it was an actual "bug"

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    "a ptb bug" is often something they wanted to see what public reaction would be.

    Every streamer I saw play it had Dredge glowing, doubt it was an actual "bug"

    To paraphrase the developer, the correct values for Nightfall and how bright to make everything we're in the PTB but were completely unrecognised by the system and so were not used despite being present. That sounds like a bug that occurs every game.

    Just like Blight's PTB, where an old Blight build was used by mistake. Still a bug.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984980#Comment_2984980

    To paraphrase the developer, the correct values for Nightfall and how bright to make everything we're in the PTB but were completely unrecognised by the system and so were not used despite being present. That sounds like a bug that occurs every game.

    Just like Blight's PTB, where an old Blight build was used by mistake. Still a bug.

    I was talking about Dredge glowing, he was in fact intended to glow, they will just adjust the distance.

    Imagine making Nightfall then thinking, "lets make the killer glow"... it was planned all along to glow, not talking about the darkness depth

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984990#Comment_2984990

    I was talking about Dredge glowing, he was in fact intended to glow, they will just adjust the distance.

    Imagine making Nightfall then thinking, "lets make the killer glow"... it was planned all along to glow, not talking about the darkness depth

    And it was also planned that it would only glow within M1 distance or in a chase, which was not the case, a la it was a bug.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984995#Comment_2984995

    And it was also planned that it would only glow within M1 distance or in a chase, which was not the case, a la it was a bug.

    a la he was always meant to glow in chase so not a bug.

    You are using one thing as evidence of a bug (him glowing more than he should) and IM not even talking about that.

    Him glowing period was what I was talking about. And him glowing is not a bug.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2985001#Comment_2985001

    a la he was always meant to glow in chase so not a bug.

    You are using one thing as evidence of a bug (him glowing more than he should) and IM not even talking about that.

    Him glowing period was what I was talking about. And him glowing is not a bug.

    He was literally glowing map wide at all times. That was a bug. And I can't blame them for this, considering consoles are stuck with Shadows cranked up to 5 and making yet another purposefully frustrating game mechanic for an anniversary chapter wouldn't be ideal.

    Dredge's primary power is to teleport to lockers. Nightfall is an added bonus, like Trickster's main event. He is not meant to be a stealth killer.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984995#Comment_2984995

    And it was also planned that it would only glow within M1 distance or in a chase, which was not the case, a la it was a bug.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2985005#Comment_2985005

    He was literally glowing map wide at all times. That was a bug. And I can't blame them for this, considering consoles are stuck with Shadows cranked up to 5 and making yet another purposefully frustrating game mechanic for an anniversary chapter wouldn't be ideal.

    Dredge's primary power is to teleport to lockers. Nightfall is an added bonus, like Trickster's main event. He is not meant to be a stealth killer.

    I dont think he should glow at all and i dont she why he cant be both we got all sorts of hybrids

  • Because unlike PC consoles are unable to adjust shadows and thus Nightfall is likely to make their screen pitch black, and considering the terrible framerate on consoles anyway maybe alienating them further by making Dredge OP vs them and the same vs PC players isn't the best idea.

  • All killers should be scary. For the Dredge specifically, survivors shouldn't be able to see past a certain distance. A fog filter would be a quick fix for this, like in the original Silent Hill games, but make it black instead of gray. Take away the vignette (we should still be able to see our characters), and keep the Dredge glowing so when he does come out of the blackness, you know he's there and you're running. I really hope they do this because that's how it should have been done in the first place. It's not hard. Other games do it all the time.

    DBD is a horror game or why else would there be Freddy, Myers and Leatherface, Pinhead, Pyramid Head, ect...

    Also, I'm on console. I played games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, and it was dark. Games like Silent Hill, ect... Dark. Stop using consoles as a copout excuse to have an advantage against the killer. I expect the Dredge to be similar to these games. Heck, I expected Freddy's dream world to be similar, but it's not.

    As for the Dredge, it shouldn't have it's visibility obscured at all. Or if it does, make all survivors have killer instinct triggered in it's terror radius. But as far as I'm concerned, survivors shouldn't see past a certain meter threshold. It's fine that they can see clearly in the range. With the system, I think that'd be a perfect fix. Almost like a flashlight automatically turns on around them

    If you've ever played Dungeons and Dragons on Roll 20, that's probably the best explanation I can give. Picture of what I'm talking about below. Each character can only see so far in the dark environment, but what they can see is completely visible. I hope this explains what I think the Dredge should be like.

    image.png


  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984785#Comment_2984785

    Thr glow have to go.So you want to surv to navigate in darkness but allow to see at 60m away of them and also make it glowing like a neon.

    Make surv just see the 16 m distance and use memory to remember where structures and pallets are

    Well 16 meters should be fine, and it probably won't force survivors to have to use their memory to navigate.

    But that would also be the worst thing the devs could ever do, forcing survivors to memorize the map they are playing in. Not only would that be incredibly unfun for survivors, but it would in particular completely screw up anyone who hasn't put thousand of hours in this game.

  • To many built-in safety features, I have low expectations for the unbugged nighfall.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984810#Comment_2984810

    Well 16 meters should be fine, and it probably won't force survivors to have to use their memory to navigate.

    But that would also be the worst thing the devs could ever do, forcing survivors to memorize the map they are playing in. Not only would that be incredibly unfun for survivors, but it would in particular completely screw up anyone who hasn't put thousand of hours in this game.

    Ohh becuz They dont remember the structure they have passed 30 secs ago? Im pretty tired of casual play balance thats what make game really unfun for competitive.

  • We'll see, scary in this game means threatening, which also means OP/unbalanced in a PVP sense.

    Jumpscares sure, but without the threat of elimination its just more scooby doo loopy chase.

    I hope the darkness stay stifling and they dump the glow effect.

  • Nah, survivors are too whiny and making a killer actually scary and "hard" to play against would make 4/5 of the player base crying

    Thats why they are so afrais of making actual good killers. Look at the 5 last killers

    Sadako : worst killer in the game

    Artist : countered in the most boring way possible. She is somewhat strong but not fun for either sides

    Pinhead : fun but instantly nerfed

    Nemesis : zombies are trash, sprint burst on tentacle hit, vaccine on the map. Good killer but too many downside

    Trickster : do i even have to explain ?

    Its always like that. Instead of trying to make something fun and oppressive, they go for low skilled playerbase


    Dredge antiloop is not fun and it will be countered the SAME exact way than the last killers : running in stfaight line as soon as he uses it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984785#Comment_2984785

    He'll glow when within M1 distance or a chase, but that's about it from what I read.

    Still better stealth than sadako

  • Which is proof my girl needs some buffs in the Summer Midchapter, yes, and yet that was not the topic of discussion

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2985874#Comment_2985874

    Which is proof my girl needs some buffs in the Summer Midchapter, yes, and yet that was not the topic of discussion

    Comparing killers to one another is off topic when discussing a killer. Makes sense.

  • He's a little scary when it comes to jumpscares, but other than that not really. Him glowing like a beacon in Nightfall doesn't help either and kind of gets rid of its whole purpose.

    I think if the Nightfall thing gets fixed he'll be a lot more scarier to face.

  • @Obelt said:

    https://youtu.be/YvxHnz7nvTI

    The fact that dredge glows like a sunlamp should not be a thing at all devs if he becomes too strong just shorten nightfall people can hard counter nightfall anyway by settings graphics to low so this shouldnt make the next spirit

    i want it to being playable and not the usual weak killer of the day that's viable only aganist potatoes (hello sadako)

  • If they make proper scary Nightfall it won't bring back the feeling of your first 30h in game when you gone numb with terror when hear the heartbeat. Experienced players will play normally because they know how to play and what to do. Newer players will get scared even more ######### out of them which is not bad.

    But I think they should make it dark and scary as Coconut said. It's periodic power like Myers tier 3 but focused on vision instead of instadown. And no one complain about Myers power.

    Survivors will adapt to it no matter how inconvinient it would seem.

  • @Tostapane he is weak in ptb, so your out of luck. Almost nothing changes from PTB to launch.

    I don't believe in the title in the post. Survivors don't want the killer to be scary. Survivors prefer the killer to be loopable scooby doo chases. I am not sure what coconut is talking about in regards to bugs. Nightfall had no bugs in PTB from few games that I played. I'm sure appearance matched developer expectations.

  • In order to make killers scary, they have to do the following:

    1. Return a great portion of power to the killer to make them a greater threat to survivor players.
    2. Hard nerf second-chance and safety perks that survivors use to play with confidence
    3. Make loops slightly less as safe to make chases with killers less simplistic - survivors would have to make smart choices to avoid death
    4. Don't make the killer look like a turkey
    5. Don't make the killer have a hilarious googly-eye
    6. Don't make the killer have a wobbly arm made of human hands with material-girl nails.
  • @Tostapane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326658/people-want-dredge-to-be-scary

    i want it to being playable and not the usual weak killer of the day that's viable only aganist potatoes (hello sadako)

    Wdym, "usual"? Sadako and Trickster are the only weak killers released over the last 2 years. The rest ranges from decent to very strong.

  • @Norhc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986173#Comment_2986173

    Wdym, "usual"? Sadako and Trickster are the only weak killers released over the last 2 years. The rest ranges from decent to very strong.

    This is a subjective opinion...

    @Devil_hit11 said:

    @Tostapane he is weak in ptb, so your out of luck. Almost nothing changes from PTB to launch.

    I don't believe in the title in the post. Survivors don't want the killer to be scary. Survivors prefer the killer to be loopable scooby doo chases. I am not sure what coconut is talking about in regards to bugs. Nightfall had no bugs in PTB from few games that I played. I'm sure appearance matched developer expectations.

    As always... Well, a pity, they wasted another occasion for releasing something different

  • In a little bit I'ma bust outta lockers like "Gobble Gobble MFers".