Naming and Shaming: truly the greatest rule of all time.

I just love when you gotta blank out the names of hackers to protect them, even if they're without a doubt 100% cheating with gameplay footage.

I just love when you have to censor the names despite the fact that a twitter account with more eyes on it than the forums will post their uncensored names:

Screenshot (1081).png


Excellent rule, 10/10, ima go tell all my friends to only name and shame each other on Twitter.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • So you and your friends are gonna name shaming on Twitter?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You are complaining about the rules of twitter on DBD forum? They can't control what people post on twitter

    I think it's a pointless rule.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    So you and your friends are gonna name shaming on Twitter?

    Yes! I think your name is not very good, OniWantsYourMacaroni is much better!

  • I just love when you gotta blank out the names of hackers to protect them, even if they're without a doubt 100% cheating with gameplay footage

    gamertags are not unique and this could start a witch-hunt against an innocent/framed person.

    also rules from the DbD forum obviously can’t be transferred to other social media/world wide web.. but the twitter account in your post actually still censors names in most cases

  • I've been mentioned on that twitter account a few times for things I've said here. I think its funny if someone gets so bothered by something you say they feel the need to rant about it on another platform. 😂 Honestly though don't let it get to you. Some people are just desperate for content and don't know what else to do with their time.

  • I think BHVR should call Musk and shut that twitter account down because clearly it breaks the DBD forums rules.

  • Man I know the owner of that account he's a funny little chap he is

  • The rule exists, because sometimes people do accuse legit players with being cheating and it's not fair for a witch hunt to be created over a misunderstanding.

    Even against actual cheaters, people on the interview can be really vile towards others that I don't see why someone cheating in a video game would even deserve to deal with that in the first place.

    BHVR's report system is archaic when it comes to reporting people for cheating. That needs to be updated so reporting cheaters and hopefully cheaters get banned more quickly as a result of an updated reporting system. We don't need mob justice over a video game.

  • @ShadyHaddie said:

    I just love when you gotta blank out the names of hackers to protect them, even if they're without a doubt 100% cheating with gameplay footage.

    I just love when you have to censor the names despite the fact that a twitter account with more eyes on it than the forums will post their uncensored names:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7C0PAET1JMF8/screenshot-281081-29.png

    Excellent rule, 10/10, ima go tell all my friends to only name and shame each other on Twitter.

    I don't use twitter so I'm not familiar with whatever this shite is, but what do they consider to be a 'terrible person' as far as blocking out names, seems rather subjective.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326385/naming-and-shaming-truly-the-greatest-rule-of-all-time

    I don't use twitter so I'm not familiar with whatever this shite is, but what do they consider to be a 'terrible person' as far as blocking out names, seems rather subjective.

    As per his own words, anything that's related to DBD (like balance takes and stuff) always gets blurred but when people start getting into making racist or homophobic comments and the like he just leaves it out. Most people there don't use the forums anyway

  • Name and shaming on the internet leads to death threats, actual abuse and more extreme counter hacking... and that is not even the more extreme end of the scenario.


    Damage can go too far too quick... with the internet, there are no limits and no discretion... and some young teenager who tried negative software (a script) for the first time does not need that kind of attention.


    I hate hackers... but i hate disturbed psychopaths more than them. The punishment must fit the crime... and people on the internet do not have the right to decide what the punishment is.

  • Absolutely love the DBD Forums Twitter account. Is one of the few reasons why I took the plunge to join this site. Have not regretted it yet, to put it lightly. Some ppl on here...too wild lol.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326385/naming-and-shaming-truly-the-greatest-rule-of-all-time

    I don't use twitter so I'm not familiar with whatever this shite is, but what do they consider to be a 'terrible person' as far as blocking out names, seems rather subjective.

    Apparently I'm a terrible person since my name is never blurred out there. But like I said, I think its funny when people do this. So long as it doesn't degrade into personal attacks or making threats, I'm fine with it.

  • @Babalonkie said:

    Name and shaming on the internet leads to death threats, actual abuse and more extreme counter hacking... and that is not even the more extreme end of the scenario.

    Damage can go too far too quick... with the internet, there are no limits and no discretion... and some young teenager who tried negative software (a script) for the first time does not need that kind of attention.

    I hate hackers... but i hate disturbed psychopaths more than them. The punishment must fit the crime... and people on the internet do not have the right to decide what the punishment is.

    preach, my man. Kindness and civility are king, wish not pain and suffering even upon thine enemies.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    I've been mentioned on that twitter account a few times for things I've said here. I think its funny if someone gets so bothered by something you say they feel the need to rant about it on another platform. 😂 Honestly though don't let it get to you. Some people are just desperate for content and don't know what else to do with their time.

    Ikr it’s almost like homophobia is bad and people who refuse to educate themselves probably deserve to get shamed for it. No disrespect towards you though ;)

  • @RisingTron said:

    Absolutely love the DBD Forums Twitter account. Is one of the few reasons why I took the plunge to join this site. Have not regretted it yet, to put it lightly. Some ppl on here...too wild lol.

    omg i'll let him know you have a fan

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983342#Comment_2983342

    Ikr it’s almost like homophobia is bad and people who refuse to educate themselves probably deserve to get shamed for it. No disrespect towards you though ;)

    Thank God I'm not a homophobe. I'm not ashamed of anything I've ever said here. 🙂

  • OH just saw that i was in one of his post

    Totally out of context of course, because twitter


    But i do love accounts like that from people who think they are above the masses

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983464#Comment_2983464

    Thank God I'm not a homophobe. I'm not ashamed of anything I've ever said here. 🙂

    I'm glad! However I'd recommend taking how your words affect others into account more, because there's a slight chance that saying you don't want a gay rep despite it not negatively affecting you and massively positively affecting others MIGHT come off as such.

  • I find the DBD forums account amusing. I like seeing reactions from the non-forum members to the takes that get posted here.

  • And seeing who runs the account is somewhat not surprising at all

  • What exactly is the point of naming someone you suspect of hacking here? If you have evidence someone is hacking just submit the appropriate ticket and if it checks out they'll get banned. Their name being on the forum makes zero difference, and if you accidentally name someone who turns out not to be cheating or who happens to have the same screen name as the person you're accusing (since screen names aren't unique) then you could end up getting someone harassed for no reason.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983471#Comment_2983471

    I'm glad! However I'd recommend taking how your words affect others into account more, because there's a slight chance that saying you don't want a gay rep despite it not negatively affecting you and massively positively affecting others MIGHT come off as such.

    People can feel how they want about me. I speak my mind as should everyone. I didn't open this door but once that door is opened don't be surprised when people you disagree with help themselves in.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983482#Comment_2983482

    People can feel how they want about me. I speak my mind as should everyone. I didn't open this door but once that door is opened don't be surprised when people you disagree with help themselves in.

    Tell me again how disagreeing with the idea of homosexuality is not homophobic.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983495#Comment_2983495

    Tell me again how disagreeing with the idea of homosexuality is not homophobic.

    Everyone has their own definition of what "homophobic" means. I also didn't know it was an idea. I thought it was a sexuality.

  • 20220528_150745.jpg

    this thread is going to hell already so if anyone feels the need to torture themself by looking here have a cat picture

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OBDY92SZXK09/20220528-150745.jpg

    this thread is going to hell already so if anyone feels the need to torture themself by looking here have a cat picture

    What an excellent cat 😌

  • The community is going to be the end of this game. 😔

  • @KateMain86 said:

    The community is going to be the end of this game. 😔

    People have been saying that for years and it still hasn't happened yet

    The thing that (Seemingly) has come close to killing DBD in the past was BHVRs own bad decision making, such as one time they decided to make it so you could blind killers at any point during pickup and it would cause a grasp escape. Same with pallets, you could drop a pallet on a killer the second they started picking up, they'd finish the animation then drop

    You could argue the same of SBMM, although I don't 100% know for certain if SBMM is sole cause for the player drop-off. It's likely but with only steam chart data it's hard to say for certain.

  • We vibe with the DBD Forums Twitter account

  • @KateMain86 said:

    The community is going to be the end of this game. 😔

    Unlikely.

    If DBD dies it will be due to mismanagement.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983464#Comment_2983464

    Thank God I'm not a homophobe. I'm not ashamed of anything I've ever said here. 🙂

    Well. Good thing for you many of the stuff you said has been deleted I guess…

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983471#Comment_2983471

    Well. Good thing for you many of the stuff you said has been deleted I guess…

    Unfortunate. I would've rather it all stayed. I do remember a few... very unpleasant things said to me to say the least before in other conversations in the past that were thankfully deleted. Some threads even entirely gone. I trust the mods made the best decision in those situations even if it meant some of my replies being deleted. A lot of things I said was taken the wrong way. That is why I always say discernment is key to understanding.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983837#Comment_2983837

    Unfortunate. I would've rather it all stayed. I do remember a few... very unpleasant things said to me to say the least before in other conversations in the past that were thankfully deleted. Some threads even entirely gone. I trust the mods made the best decision in those situations even if it meant some of my replies being deleted. A lot of things I said was taken the wrong way. That is why I always say discernment is key to understanding.

    Some of the stuff you said was directly against forum rules so it couldn’t stay.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983839#Comment_2983839

    Some of the stuff you said was directly against forum rules so it couldn’t stay.

    Perhaps. Its hard to talk about certain things that are brought up here all the time and keep the conversation within the forum rules. It was never my intent to do that, and I believe they understand that. I do appreciate how lenient they are with the conversations here. I believe so long as we remain peaceful with each other we can talk about many things and keep it within the forum rules.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983841#Comment_2983841

    Perhaps. Its hard to talk about certain things that are brought up here all the time and keep the conversation within the forum rules. It was never my intent to do that, and I believe they understand that. I do appreciate how lenient they are with the conversations here. I believe so long as we remain peaceful with each other we can talk about many things and keep it within the forum rules.

    Not perhaps. Definitely. And in those cases there were not other comments that lead to the deletion.


    i have seen others being jailed/banned for more harmless stuff than what you commented.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983843#Comment_2983843

    Not perhaps. Definitely. And in those cases there were not other comments that lead to the deletion.

    i have seen others being jailed/banned for more harmless stuff than what you commented.

    The mods thought otherwise.

    What was this thread about again? Darn it Mooks we seemed to have gotten off subject again. Or is this on subject? I don't know... its late and I'm wondering if I want to hit that ready button one last time for the night.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983844#Comment_2983844

    The mods thought otherwise.

    What was this thread about again? Darn it Mooks we seemed to have gotten off subject again. Or is this on subject? I don't know... its late and I'm wondering if I want to hit that ready button one last time for the night.

    This topic?

    it’s about naming and shaming a certain twitter profile. Which is already against rules on its own. 🤷‍♂️


    and it was already off topic when I joined the discussion

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983849#Comment_2983849

    This topic?

    it’s about naming and shaming a certain twitter profile. Which is already against rules on its own. 🤷‍♂️

    and it was already off topic when I joined the discussion

    You're right. I'm surprised this has been around but I will say it has been an interesting thread. Oh I wanted to mention that I read somewhere here that they prefer to do other forms of moderation in some cases before resorting to the forum penalty system. It was a reply MandyTalk made in the Forum Feedback section to someone the other day.

    Found it:

    @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2980585#Comment_2980585

    When we edit a post there's a very good reason for it - and calling something someone has written "bait" would definitely be one of those reasons and is actually against forum rules. We try to be lenient on very aspects of moderation and would edit the comment instead of the escalation warning procedure, as we expect users to understand that the reason their post was edited was that it broke the forum rules or nestled into a very grey area.

    And if we remove a quote from someone, it usually means the initial comment made by a person has already been deleted and we naturally remove the quotes of that as well.

    It would be impossible for the moderators to private message everyone whose post gets edited as a lot of that happens, same with moving a thread.


  • The naming and shaming rule is not going anywhere, it's also pretty standard across all public forums.

    We also do not run the Dbd Forums Twitter account - it's nothing to do with BHVR.