Bad teammates are the true killer in this game. Also, unhooking should give much less bp

Five games in a row now people decide it's a super nice idea to unhook others or me after the killer went literally two steps away (unhooked without BT of course). And of course the killers downed me or the others immediately and hooked us again (I don't blame the killer, I would do the same. I blame my dumbass teammates). I guess they do it for bloodpoints, so unhooking should really give less bloodpoints as it does atm. The points you get for a chase or doing gens is a joke compared to unhooking, so I get why they want get an unhook, but damn, YOU are KILLING your teammate, not the killer.

Being unhooked right after getting hooked is so much worse than getting tunneled. Survivors like these shouldn't get rewarded with so many bp.

Comments

  • Make unhooks 500 points and safe unhooks 1000 points. Could help alleviate this somewhat

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Make unhooks 500 points and safe unhooks 1000 points. Could help alleviate this somewhat

    Also make daily unhook challenges to require safe unhooks.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Make unhooks 500 points and safe unhooks 1000 points. Could help alleviate this somewhat

    This cause if they give any less points by default I would die on 1st hook even more often. Tbh I rather get farmed than see my 3 teammates crouched in a corner on the other side of the map while I enter 2nd phase when the is not even close to the hook...

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Make unhooks 500 points and safe unhooks 1000 points. Could help alleviate this somewhat

    Or make it like wglf. If it's not a safe rescue you get nothing.

  • This really irritates me. Especially if you're going to play like this and not pack BT or Guardian.

    As a solo queue survivor, I'm honestly infavour of a killer perk that denies unhooking for 'x' amount of time at this point.

    Kinda like dead man's switch but for hooks. It would stop this stupid behaviour but also camping because killers can go off knowing someone isn't going to be unhooked the SECOND they turn around.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2967955#Comment_2967955

    Or make it like wglf. If it's not a safe rescue you get nothing.

    I prefer this unless it’s EGC or less than 20 seconds to death or struggle on a camping killer.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Make unhooks 500 points and safe unhooks 1000 points. Could help alleviate this somewhat

    This. Safe hook bonus should be more than just unhooking.

  • One of the ways the Rift and dailies can make games unpleasant. Players try to complete tasks without the greater context of the trial in mind and completely throw games in the process

  • Unhooking without BT should be bannable ngl

    Or make it an option that your character cannot be unhooked if the other person doesnt have BT

  • It's the one situation where I'm willing to suicide on hook. If I get farmed, I just stand there and let the killer hit me. Either they're going to leave me alone (yay!) and go after the farmer or they're going to down me anyway and I have no desire to last JUST long enough to give the farmer a safe unhook bonus before I get smacked down again.

  • bloodpoints over bros during the bloodhunt

  • They really are. Just played two games - one where two survivors worked with the killer, and the other where someone twice unhooked me right in front of the killer. The second time i just stood there and let the killer down me. The latter prob didn't matter too much since the killer was hacking anyway so I wasn't fussed about leaving but still a bad play from team mates.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Unhooking without BT should be bannable ngl

    Or make it an option that your character cannot be unhooked if the other person doesnt have BT

    Yes, ban me for not wanting to use an optional perk for one of my only four perk slots. Especially in solo queue. 🙄

    Basekit BT can’t come soon enough though.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    bloodpoints over bros during the bloodhunt

    What side are you on? Wait a minute, Are you really a surviv- *proceed to mend for 24 hours*

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2971069#Comment_2971069

    Yes, ban me for not wanting to use an optional perk for one of my only four perk slots. Especially in solo queue. 🙄

    Basekit BT can’t come soon enough though.

    I would ban you, but sadly cant.

  • @Plsfix369 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2971111#Comment_2971111

    What side are you on? Wait a minute, Are you really a surviv- *proceed to mend for 24 hours*

    hahaha, I play both every day. I do all tomes for points, both sides and play both surv and killer to red iri grade monthly.

    I actually enjoy playing both sides tbh and usually plaY match or two of each and go back and forth.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Make unhooks 500 points and safe unhooks 1000 points. Could help alleviate this somewhat

    This.

  • @caramelpudding said:

    Five games in a row now people decide it's a super nice idea to unhook others or me after the killer went literally two steps away (unhooked without BT of course). And of course the killers downed me or the others immediately and hooked us again (I don't blame the killer, I would do the same. I blame my dumbass teammates). I guess they do it for bloodpoints, so unhooking should really give less bloodpoints as it does atm. The points you get for a chase or doing gens is a joke compared to unhooking, so I get why they want get an unhook, but damn, YOU are KILLING your teammate, not the killer.

    Being unhooked right after getting hooked is so much worse than getting tunneled. Survivors like these shouldn't get rewarded with so many bp.

    Do people really think dropping BP value will stop cruddy unhooks? I personally just play the game and whatever I get I get

  • On the other side of the equation, there's the chance the hooked survivor was going to die anyways. You can't punish players for making altruistic plays, even if they are poor. I'm not against changing the scoring event as suggested above, though. Basekit BT would solve a lot of the problems.