This is what South Korean community thinks about DbD


Following sentences are from South Korean Community, DbD DCinside Gallery.

I just translated them into English.

There are lots of Korean words hard to understand so no need to check by yourselves.

This got 49 upvotes and 6 downvotes.

코로나 터진 데슬 챕터 때부터 제대로 꿀빨다가3주년 사힐 콜라보로 흥겜 가나 했더니아무도 신경 안 쓰던 맵 그래픽 향상시킨다고 뜬금없이 갈아엎지 않나(특히 더 게임은 이 새끼들 진짜 머리에 든 게 없다는 생각 들 정도


Title: "Are there any morons thinking current situation of DbD is pitiful?"


DbD got lucky since Chains of Hate DLC (Deathslinger / Zarina) when Covid-19 was a hot issue.

Player counts increased and average players of March 2020 is nearly 30k which was never the case.

After 3rd anniversary chapter, Silent Hill colaboration, DbD got another chances to succeed.


However, suddenly BHVR announced they will enhance map graphics, "Realm Beyond".

No one cared how maps look like. Players knew the only change needed on maps were balance design.

On January 2021, BHVR released The Game map rework.

Which showed how BHVR are stupid and ignorant of map balance.

Making people wonder if this Realm Beyond is something that players desperately wanted.

There was sudden UI changes that were so bad and worse than before.

And desync problem which made this game's steam review into Mixed or Negative.

Oh also the Clown got meaningless buff and Freddy became worse than before he got reworked.

Then BHVR promoted new killer so hard and he is the Trickster.

Who was an utter garbage when released.


Now what? 4th anniversary, Resident Evil chapter.

Crisis was nothing on DbD and got another chance to keep success.

And guess what? BHVR suddenly renewed survivors model.

Some people liked but some didn't which questions "Are these something that needed?".

Also implemented MMR system in this casual (how BHVR thinks) game.

Literally deteriorating weak killer problems and made balance between S and K worse.

Then Boon appeared. NFT issue was hot.

Deathslinger became fun killer to 'I don't want to play this' killer.

Spirit became deaf (Iron Will buff / Stridor nerf), all green addons became trash.

Killing another killer players. While Nurse and Blight players increased.

And Survivor players complain Nurse and Blight because they can't get easy game on both.


This year, Sadako which is female version of Wraith costs money to buy.

BHVR tries to embrace LGBT community while not giving a single F on game balance.

BHVR is utter incompetent company and deserves failure.

Because they kicked all good chances they had to make this game better and eventually didn't do anything at all.

Imagine the content in this game is either 'repair generator and leave' or 'kill survivors'.

What other gameplay contents do we have? Hmm?

Honestly I am not fond of Crunch thing in game companies but I think BHVR should :)

I feel bad about how bland and boring DbD became but not having a single pity on BHVR.


--


I know there were lots of changes to make certain killers better, make minor perks getting values.

Still the changes come so late nearly as "lazy".

Last thing I want to mention is

"BHVR likes to listen to their communities? Even if they do, do changes come fast?

They must have done things that players wanted, right?"

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950943#Comment_2950943

    Bad faith comments like your first phrase are honestly shameful and shouldnt be allowed on these forums.

    I think this is their opinion and not a "bad faith" take. We can disagree with each other but everyone has to be allowed to speak their mind and not have their comments removed because you think its a bad faith comment or simply don't like what they said.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950948#Comment_2950948

    How do you know its just a handful? I know a lot of people who hold similar views who don't talk about the game on forums and social media.

    I have no idea how many people think this, I'm sure many do. But this was written by one person and upvoted by a few dozen more. Acting like it somehow represents the South Korean community in its entirety is disingenuous (and that's what the title implies). It would be like taking a post from this forum that has 45 upvotes and acting as if it speaks for all of us

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950651#Comment_2950651

    Because its interesting to see how the different communities around the world play/think/behave?

    I play a ton of yugioh and uses to play LoL, I love seeing the differences between the Asian mentality and the North American ones. Sometimes we have completely 180 ideas in regards to the meta

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951350#Comment_2951350

    I have no idea how many people think this, I'm sure many do. But this was written by one person and upvoted by a few dozen more. Acting like it somehow represents the South Korean community in its entirety is disingenuous (and that's what the title implies). It would be like taking a post from this forum that has 45 upvotes and acting as if it speaks for all of us

    Yep! The opinions mentioned in the OP don't represent the entire South Korean community in DBD. Does more than one person in that community share the same opinion? Probably. What matters is the criticism itself and also the fact that a lot of DBD players from other places in the world also share these same views.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950954#Comment_2950954

    I think this is their opinion and not a "bad faith" take. We can disagree with each other but everyone has to be allowed to speak their mind and not have their comments removed because you think its a bad faith comment or simply don't like what they said.

    making up words to talk the LGBTQ+ community down isn’t „their opinion“ but is actually a „bad faith“ take. And that’s what the comment directly refers to.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951395#Comment_2951395

    making up words to talk the LGBTQ+ community down isn’t „their opinion“ but is actually a „bad faith“ take. And that’s what the comment directly refers to.

    They were making a point, a point that required a little discernment to understand. It wasn't a bad faith take. It was their opinion.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951454#Comment_2951454

    They were making a point, a point that required a little discernment to understand. It wasn't a bad faith take. It was their opinion.

    No it was a literal dictionary definition bad faith argument

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951457#Comment_2951457

    No it was a literal dictionary definition bad faith argument

    Bad Faith

    NOUN

    1. intent to deceive


    Prove it.

  • "BAD FAITH: A “Bad Faith” discussion is one in which one or both of the parties has a hidden, unrevealed agenda—often to dominate or coerce the other individual into compliance or acquiescence of some sort—or lacks basic respect for the rights, dignity, or autonomy of the other party. Disrespect for the other party may include dishonesty. A person engaged in bad faith does not accept the other person as s/he is, but demands that s/he change in order to satisfy his/her requirements or to accept his/her will"

    Source

    Let's look at what the original comment says:

    "representing LBGTQIA and pan, flower, binary, hex, dec and which ever else sexuality exists"

    Once again, "lacks basic respect for the rights, dignity, or autonomy of the other party".

    I'd say making random sexualities/gender identities up out of sheer disrespect constitutes a lack of basic respect for the rights + dignity of LGBT+ people.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951454#Comment_2951454

    They were making a point, a point that required a little discernment to understand. It wasn't a bad faith take. It was their opinion.

    They could have easily made the point without making up those words. That was completely unnecessary.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951470#Comment_2951470

    "BAD FAITH: A “Bad Faith” discussion is one in which one or both of the parties has a hidden, unrevealed agenda—often to dominate or coerce the other individual into compliance or acquiescence of some sort—or lacks basic respect for the rights, dignity, or autonomy of the other party. Disrespect for the other party may include dishonesty. A person engaged in bad faith does not accept the other person as s/he is, but demands that s/he change in order to satisfy his/her requirements or to accept his/her will"

    Source

    Let's look at what the original comment says:

    "representing LBGTQIA and pan, flower, binary, hex, dec and which ever else sexuality exists"

    Once again, "lacks basic respect for the rights, dignity, or autonomy of the other party".

    I'd say making random sexualities/gender identities up out of sheer disrespect constitutes a lack of basic respect for the rights + dignity of LGBT+ people.

    This is why I said before a measure of discernment was needed to understand that they were making a point and not making a bad faith statement. This is your opinion. You didn't prove anything. Perhaps Smuk can speak for themselves instead of you trying to establish intent around their opinion.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951457#Comment_2951457

    They could have easily made the point without making up those words. That was completely unnecessary.

    Unnecessary? Yea. But to accuse someone of bad faith because you don't like the way they stated their opinion and view on this is also unnecessary.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951476#Comment_2951476

    This is why I said before a measure of discernment was needed to understand that they were making a point and not making a bad faith statement. This is your opinion. You didn't prove anything. Perhaps Smuk can speak for themselves instead of you trying to establish intent around their opinion.

    Indeed; perhaps Smuk may speak for themselves rather than Forums user KateMain86 deciding on their intent for them and talking down to an LGBT+ person (Forums user Marigoria) on a remark which, in the given context, appears to be derogatory and is one made which does not respect the personal autonomy, basic rights, or dignity of LGBT+ people. I'm so glad we agree that random people completely unrelated to the conversation deciding on intent isn't the greatest- maybe next time you'll stay silent, just like you should do on topics with which you don't care, like DBD's lore.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951478#Comment_2951478

    Unnecessary? Yea. But to accuse someone of bad faith because you don't like the way they stated their opinion and view on this is also unnecessary.

    Oh come on, it is crossing a line to talk about the LGBTQ+ Community like that and if it really wasn’t intentional to be in bad faith by Smuk then they can very much say so and apologize for it.

  • I guess some people need an outlet for all their negative energy. It must be quite tiring

    I've been very critical of BHVR in the past and I still am in a bunch of ways but I think some of the OP post and quite a bit of the comments made here are just kinda pathetic

    I hate to say it, but it's just a video game made by other human beings.

    If you think BHVR is so dreadful for doing XYZ stop giving them your money, or hell stop playing the game altogether - it seems like some people have actually went through with this considering how many people won't stop going on about steamcharts.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951479#Comment_2951479

    Indeed; perhaps Smuk may speak for themselves rather than Forums user KateMain86 deciding on their intent for them and talking down to an LGBT+ person (Forums user Marigoria) on a remark which, in the given context, appears to be derogatory and is one made which does not respect the personal autonomy, basic rights, or dignity of LGBT+ people. I'm so glad we agree that random people completely unrelated to the conversation deciding on intent isn't the greatest- maybe next time you'll stay silent, just like you should do on topics with which you don't care, like DBD's lore.

    Smuk did speak for themselves in the first reply they made. I don't think they need to clarify anything. It wasn't a bad faith take, but I supposed you'll take that as just an opinion anyway. Obviously what they said offended you enough to establish your own intent behind their statement, but that doesn't make it anything more than their opinion.

    Also I did clarify my stance on the lore before: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2933017/#Comment_2933017

    Sure I'm not super into it but it is interesting to learn more about the characters I play the most. I think the game should have more content in it that is lore related. In any given match, the lore has nothing to do with what is going on which is a simple repair generators and open a door.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950651#Comment_2950651

    Because its interesting to see how the different communities around the world play/think/behave?

    Considering how anti-LGBT they seem and how they call people morons, I'm not inclined to take them seriously.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950943#Comment_2950943

    Bad faith comments like your first phrase are honestly shameful and shouldnt be allowed on these forums.


    Anything less than a knee-jerk reaction of unbridled enthusiasm is a grave travesty and deeply indicative of wrongthink. Let's be honest here, this is more about controlling thoughts and words for the sake of changing voting demographics.

  • @Garboface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950954#Comment_2950954

    Anything less than a knee-jerk reaction of unbridled enthusiasm is a grave travesty and deeply indicative of wrongthink. Let's be honest here, this is more about controlling thoughts and words for the sake of changing voting demographics.

    what does that even mean

    I've read your post about 3 times now and I can't tell what you're trying to say

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951480#Comment_2951480

    Oh come on, it is crossing a line to talk about the LGBTQ+ Community like that and if it really wasn’t intentional to be in bad faith by Smuk then they can very much say so and apologize for it.

    I will agree it was unnecessary but I also think its a little too far to assume it was bad faith. Something being unnecessary doesn't mean it has any bigotry behind it. They made their point and we can agree or disagree with it and move on.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951470#Comment_2951470

    "BAD FAITH: A “Bad Faith” discussion is one in which one or both of the parties has a hidden, unrevealed agenda—often to dominate or coerce the other individual into compliance or acquiescence of some sort—or lacks basic respect for the rights, dignity, or autonomy of the other party. Disrespect for the other party may include dishonesty. A person engaged in bad faith does not accept the other person as s/he is, but demands that s/he change in order to satisfy his/her requirements or to accept his/her will"

    Source

    Let's look at what the original comment says:

    "representing LBGTQIA and pan, flower, binary, hex, dec and which ever else sexuality exists"

    Once again, "lacks basic respect for the rights, dignity, or autonomy of the other party".

    I'd say making random sexualities/gender identities up out of sheer disrespect constitutes a lack of basic respect for the rights + dignity of LGBT+ people.

    This feels like an attempt to distort the definition to what people want it to mean nowadays, the actual definition specifically references arguments made "in bad faith" AKA trolling, making arguments you don't truly stand by, etc.

    You can technically make any kind of stance and if you genuinely believe in what you're saying, even if it's garbage, it's not bad faith.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951493#Comment_2951493

    what does that even mean

    I've read your post about 3 times now and I can't tell what you're trying to say

    That's because they don't say anything. They double talk and walk back on ideas. They do and don't care.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951494#Comment_2951494

    That's because they don't say anything. They double talk and walk back on ideas.

    I'm not even being hyperbolic, it's like a post made by an AI

    Talking about voting demographics like ????? wat

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951487#Comment_2951487

    I will agree it was unnecessary but I also think its a little too far to assume it was bad faith. Something being unnecessary doesn't mean it has any bigotry behind it. They made their point and we can agree or disagree with it and move on.

    sorry but when someone is making an obvious bigoted comment like that I can assume bigotry behind it. If they actually didn’t mean it that way and just weren’t able to articulate themselves better because of language barrier then fair enough - they are free to state so and apologize.

    this was more than unnecessary. GoodBoyKaru has told you how it was lacking basic respect in a very clear and objective way.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950651#Comment_2950651

    Because its interesting to see how the different communities around the world play/think/behave?

    This may be the first time Pulsar has been ratio'd

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951496#Comment_2951496

    sorry but when someone is making an obvious bigoted comment like that I can assume bigotry behind it. If they actually didn’t mean it that way and just weren’t able to articulate themselves better because of language barrier then fair enough - they are free to state so and apologize.

    this was more than unnecessary. GoodBoyKaru has told you how it was lacking basic respect in a very clear and objective way.

    But you see it wasn't on obvious bigoted comment. That is your opinion and view on it. I understand that some people are more sensitive about things that are said like this than others but to assume someone said something bigoted because they didn't "use the right words" when making a point is, in my opinion, not fair. Yes you can assume it was because you have your views and opinions. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt unless they've made a clear stance on something.

  • @AMOGUS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951476#Comment_2951476

    This feels like an attempt to distort the definition to what people want it to mean nowadays, the actual definition specifically references arguments made "in bad faith" AKA trolling, making arguments you don't truly stand by, etc.

    You can technically make any kind of stance and if you genuinely believe in what you're saying, even if it's garbage, it's not bad faith.

    I am like 99.9 % sure Smuk very much knows flower isn’t a sexuality or part of the LGBTQ+ community and they intentionally put random words there which really doesn’t help making any point other than being disrespectful.

  • @AMOGUS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951476#Comment_2951476

    This feels like an attempt to distort the definition to what people want it to mean nowadays, the actual definition specifically references arguments made "in bad faith" AKA trolling, making arguments you don't truly stand by, etc.

    You can technically make any kind of stance and if you genuinely believe in what you're saying, even if it's garbage, it's not bad faith.

    "an attempt to distort the definition"

    It literally is the definition.

  • @Aurelle said:

    I agree with most of this. The Realm Beyond changes were a mistake and it completely got rid of one of the things that made DBD unique, which was its art style. Taking the whole "realism" approach and completely changing everything was a big mistake and not needed.

    Then they release killers like Trickster and Twins whose powers were complete garbage on release and haven't paid attention to them since (Aside from the Twins nerfs). And then OP perks come into the game and then get nerfed to the ground, like old COH and Mettle Of Man. The useless "buff" for Clown and the unnecessary nerfs to Deathslinger and other killers. It seems like they do focus on balance to some extent, but they don't know how to balance things half of the time.

    So you're saying you want old Haddonfield and old The Game? Those changes weren't necessary? To say Trickster hasn't received attention is straight up untrue. The man was arguably the worst killer ever in his PtB and now he's mid-tier. It use to take 8 knives instead of 6 to down people. On low loops its essentially GGs against him unless he messes up. Also Clown's buffs were not useless. Clown can invalidate loops by using both types of bottles. Watch Otz's 50 wins in a row and you'll see him demonstrate that.


    Im sorry but most of what you said is completely false. And it's worrying that 10 other people agree with you.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951504#Comment_2951504

    "an attempt to distort the definition"

    It literally is the definition.

    After looking up the definition of "bad faith" this sounds like an opinion to me.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951496#Comment_2951496

    sorry but when someone is making an obvious bigoted comment like that I can assume bigotry behind it. If they actually didn’t mean it that way and just weren’t able to articulate themselves better because of language barrier then fair enough - they are free to state so and apologize.

    this was more than unnecessary. GoodBoyKaru has told you how it was lacking basic respect in a very clear and objective way.

    Mooks we both know best friend KateMain86 won't listen to what I say lmao

  • That seems written by your random super biased killer main crying 24-7 in this forum. It literally says "every survivor wants easy games". Very professional, objective review lol

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951517#Comment_2951517

    Mooks we both know best friend KateMain86 won't listen to what I say lmao

    I listen, but I also disagree with just about everything you say here. But hey we can always agree to disagree when we can't agree on anything. :)

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951517#Comment_2951517

    But you see it wasn't on obvious bigoted comment. That is your opinion and view on it. I understand that some people are more sensitive about things that are said like this than others but to assume someone said something bigoted because they didn't "use the right words" when making a point is, in my opinion, not fair. Yes you can assume it was because you have your views and opinions. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt unless they've made a clear stance on something.

    They didn’t make a point with that phrase. It literally only was disrespectful without adding anything.

    i agree bigoted may be a word too hard for this, but that’s not even how it started. Someone was just calling out the phrase for being a bad faith phrase. (Also, take your own advice and don’t focus too much on this one word)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951504#Comment_2951504

    I am like 99.9 % sure Smuk very much knows flower isn’t a sexuality or part of the LGBTQ+ community and they intentionally put random words there which really doesn’t help making any point other than being disrespectful.

    I've seen people identify as many different things before. If someone ever did identify as a flower, where would they belong?

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951539#Comment_2951539

    I've seen people identify as many different things before. If someone ever did identify as a flower, where would they belong?

    …

    careful, you are almost showing your true colors.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951540#Comment_2951540

    After looking up the definition of "bad faith" this sounds like an opinion to me.

    Literally gave you the definition and the source of it babes.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951553#Comment_2951553

    …

    careful, you are almost showing your true colors.

    Well I'm glad I can always count on you to help me from crossing that fine line of bigotry.

  • Wow a girl takes a Saturday off and we descend into pure argumentativeness in my absence eh?!


    Closing this, the amount of bigotry on this thread and pure arguments are not on...remember, we promote inclusivity on this forum as we do in our game.

1 2 ›