Definitive Dead Hard Rant

https://youtu.be/LNNtGyvAi_U


There it is. Every single salient point about Dead Hard made, and every single asinine counter argument utterly destroyed and fed to the Entity.


Why this perk is still in the game is a mystery. I can only assume it is because its removal would kill content creators and lose more players. The game has not had a mechanic this busted since old Moris.


I'm so sick of people that respond to every criticism of Dead Hard with "But that would make the perk worthless", as if that would not objectively make the game better. YES. DO IT. Pummel it until it is worse than Technician, for God's sake.

Comments

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://youtu.be/LNNtGyvAi_U

    There it is. Every single salient point about Dead Hard made, and every single asinine counter argument utterly destroyed and fed to the Entity.

    Why this perk is still in the game is a mystery. I can only assume it is because its removal would kill content creators and lose more players. The game has not had a mechanic this busted since old Moris.

    I'm so sick of people that respond to every criticism of Dead Hard with "But that would make the perk worthless", as if that would not objectively make the game better. YES. DO IT. Pummel it until it is worse than Technician, for God's sake.

    Get rid of that gosh darn perk!

    Since David is gay now change the perk to "Sashay Away" and have the survivor sashay towards the killer temporary stunning them for 3 seconds.

  • @RenDesune said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/323382/definitive-dead-hard-rant

    Get rid of that gosh darn perk!

    Since David is gay now change the perk to "Sashay Away" and have the survivor sashay towards the killer temporary stunning them for 3 seconds.

    Not gonna lie, that might actually frustrate me less. Especially if it can count towards Spirit Fury.

  • This video is a masterpiece. I wish Dead Hard to be removed so hard

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950706#Comment_2950706

    If it were stronger people would be using it more than dead hard

    You don't understand. The survivors are nice enough to nerf themselves and use an inferior perk out of the kindness in their hearts

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951025#Comment_2951025

    "Obviously Bloodlust needs changing"

    Nothing obvious about it at all. It doesn't need changing. It is perfect as it is.

    "But those loops become unfair..."

    Nowhere is it written loops need to be fair. This is coming from the mindset players invented (not the developers), that you should be able to run a killer for 5 gens.

    Chases are designed, from a game mechanic standpoint, to end in the killer's favor. You are not entitled to a 7 minute killer run until every generator is done.

    Sorry, at fair Loops the better player wins. This can be the Survivor or the Killer.

    If you can only win at fair (aka unsafe) Loops with Bloodlust, you were not the better player and got it undeserved. You actually got outplayed and get the hit handed for a bit of time investment.

    This is actually "being rewarded for mistakes".

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951098#Comment_2951098

    You don't understand. The survivors are nice enough to nerf themselves and use an inferior perk out of the kindness in their hearts

    Well, killers say if devs improve them they would camp and tunnel less. So good hearts too

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951837#Comment_2951837

    Sorry, at fair Loops the better player wins. This can be the Survivor or the Killer.

    If you can only win at fair (aka unsafe) Loops with Bloodlust, you were not the better player and got it undeserved. You actually got outplayed and get the hit handed for a bit of time investment.

    This is actually "being rewarded for mistakes".


    What is a "fair loop" and what is this magical term you've literally just made up? What is the criterion for a "fair loop"? Is a pallet between two flaming barrels each 1m wide a fair loop? How about the old Haddonfield fence with a vault in the center?


    How about a loop that is 1m tall but the Killer is a Ghostface? Is that a 'fair loop"? How about the same tile, but now it is a Trickster? Is that a "fair loop"?


    Bloodlust is designed to end the chases in the Killer's favor after X amount of time. That is why it is still in the game after the removal of infinites. They did no bloodlust weekends and saw no reason to remove it.


    "Bloodlust is undeserved" is nothing more than the attitude of Survivor Mains that think "my skill should be able to carry me forever and if it can't, it isn't fair!".


    The problem with that mentality is it is operating under the impression the contest is one on one and it's NOT. This is a four on one and as long as this is an assymettrical game you can't have "fair chases" by your vague concepts of "fair".

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2951837#Comment_2951837

    Sorry, at fair Loops the better player wins. This can be the Survivor or the Killer.

    If you can only win at fair (aka unsafe) Loops with Bloodlust, you were not the better player and got it undeserved. You actually got outplayed and get the hit handed for a bit of time investment.

    This is actually "being rewarded for mistakes".

    "a bit of a time investment"

    Not really. Bloodlust 1 barely does anything, so I'll be taking BL2 as an example.

    BL2, which takes 30 seconds, which depends, but is usually around 60 seconds worth of Generator time.

    That's 75% across 2 different Generators, or if the team is efficient, across 3 different Generators.

    2 single chase that lasts that long can lose 3-4 Generators, 3 and you lost all of them. "a bit of time invested" is a big understatement

  • Good killers know that the problem is not Dead hard. Dead hard contributes to the already-low skill requirement in this game. I have probably more time (many thousands of hours and several tournaments, a streamer too, you can ask for my stream profile in a DM if you want) on killer than any of the posters in this thread, and I can speak for killers who actually know what they are talking about when I say that the issue is not dead hard.

    The issue is gen times (especially when doing a gen with a fellow survivor), the fact that the killer can't know for sure if they are facing solo survivors or SWF, the irritably terrible randomness of maps (sometimes you get a map where it is impossible to lose as killer, sometimes it is impossible to win...why is there not a standard yet....?). I know it is mentioned in the video, but sprint burst is truly just as aggrivating to deal with as dead hard. If dead hard is nerfed then all the people in this thread bemoaning Dead hard will be shocked at how little changes if Dead hard is the only thing that changes.

    Sorry, but if you listen to this video you are truly missing the forest for the trees.

  • @Omans said:

    Good killers know that the problem is not Dead hard. Dead hard contributes to the already-low skill requirement in this game. I have probably more time (many thousands of hours and several tournaments, a streamer too, you can ask for my stream profile in a DM if you want) on killer than any of the posters in this thread, and I can speak for killers who actually know what they are talking about when I say that the issue is not dead hard.

    The issue is gen times (especially when doing a gen with a fellow survivor), the fact that the killer can't know for sure if they are facing solo survivors or SWF, the irritably terrible randomness of maps (sometimes you get a map where it is impossible to lose as killer, sometimes it is impossible to win...why is there not a standard yet....?). I know it is mentioned in the video, but sprint burst is truly just as aggrivating to deal with as dead hard. If dead hard is nerfed then all the people in this thread bemoaning Dead hard will be shocked at how little changes if Dead hard is the only thing that changes.

    Sorry, but if you listen to this video you are truly missing the forest for the trees.

    "I represent the top 0.01% of players. I somehow think this flex makes me qualified to talk about how NORMAL PEOPLE play this game. Due to my extreme big brain experience, I can safely say there is nothing wrong with this at my level, therefore it is fine."

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2952314#Comment_2952314

    "I represent the top 0.01% of players. I somehow think this flex makes me qualified to talk about how NORMAL PEOPLE play this game. Due to my extreme big brain experience, I can safely say there is nothing wrong with this at my level, therefore it is fine."

    "I represent normal people, I'm the voice and the authority of 99% of the playerbase. I hereby declare, based on my much more limited experienced compared to you, somebody with triple my experience, that the real issue this game has is Deadhard"

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2952314#Comment_2952314

    "I represent the top 0.01% of players. I somehow think this flex makes me qualified to talk about how NORMAL PEOPLE play this game. Due to my extreme big brain experience, I can safely say there is nothing wrong with this at my level, therefore it is fine."

    Isn't it the narrative of this forum that the issues of this game stem from the fact that the devs balance toward mediocre players instead of the top ones? Or is that point valid only when it fits the agenda?

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/323382/definitive-dead-hard-rant

    I don’t care about dead hard getting nerfed. You can nerf it and make it useless. The simplest nerf you can give dead hard is to make you incapacitated so that you can’t drop a pallet or vault a window. Would it make the game better? Absolutely and I’m for that. But can they please start buffing all the other perks. Why does ace in the whole give you one addon? That’s stupid

    Why not they did it to deathslinger!

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2952157#Comment_2952157

    What is a "fair loop" and what is this magical term you've literally just made up? What is the criterion for a "fair loop"? Is a pallet between two flaming barrels each 1m wide a fair loop? How about the old Haddonfield fence with a vault in the center?

    How about a loop that is 1m tall but the Killer is a Ghostface? Is that a 'fair loop"? How about the same tile, but now it is a Trickster? Is that a "fair loop"?

    Bloodlust is designed to end the chases in the Killer's favor after X amount of time. That is why it is still in the game after the removal of infinites. They did no bloodlust weekends and saw no reason to remove it.

    "Bloodlust is undeserved" is nothing more than the attitude of Survivor Mains that think "my skill should be able to carry me forever and if it can't, it isn't fair!".

    The problem with that mentality is it is operating under the impression the contest is one on one and it's NOT. This is a four on one and as long as this is an assymettrical game you can't have "fair chases" by your vague concepts of "fair".

    A fair Loop is a unsafe Loop. Which I actually wrote. But thanks for ignoring it. :^)

    A Jungle Gym is not unsafe. You cannot Bloodlust it, unless you want to go into Bloodlust 3 and still spend quite a lot of time.

    Buf if we look at the Car/Rubbish-Loop in front of the school in Badham (next to the Fence-Window, you will probably know which one I mean), this is a good example for a fair Loop. Both the Killer AND the Survivor can outplay each other here. But, once the Killer gets Bloodlust, the Survivor will get hit.

    And IMO, the game should be balanced around Loops like that - a shitload of Pallets, almost all of them unsafe and only very, very few safe Pallets. But for this, Bloodlust would need to go.

    When Bloodlust was disabled during a weekend, I played a lot of M1-Killers (and still got a 3K average..) unlike other Killers who chickened out instead of testing. And it actually felt nice to get outplayed at an unsafe Loop, because the Survivor was actually better than me. With Bloodlust, I would have just get a cheap Speedboost and won the chase.

    And yep, undeserved. Sorry, if you fail to get Hits on unsafe Loops, this is a skill-issue.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2952157#Comment_2952157

    "a bit of a time investment"

    Not really. Bloodlust 1 barely does anything, so I'll be taking BL2 as an example.

    BL2, which takes 30 seconds, which depends, but is usually around 60 seconds worth of Generator time.

    That's 75% across 2 different Generators, or if the team is efficient, across 3 different Generators.

    2 single chase that lasts that long can lose 3-4 Generators, 3 and you lost all of them. "a bit of time invested" is a big understatement

    Bloodlust 1 is enough to get a Hit at unsafe Loops. You dont need Bloodlust 2 or even 3, unless you are super-dumb and want to bloodlust a Longwall or Jungle Gym.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2952273#Comment_2952273

    Bloodlust 1 is enough to get a Hit at unsafe Loops. You dont need Bloodlust 2 or even 3, unless you are super-dumb and want to bloodlust a Longwall or Jungle Gym.

    That's, at best, 45 seconds worth of Generator time.

    If the Killer wasted 45 seconds worth of Generator time for both health states, that's 90 seconds worth of Generator time, which is longer than a normal Generator

  • @Omans said:

    Good killers know that the problem is not Dead hard. Dead hard contributes to the already-low skill requirement in this game. I have probably more time (many thousands of hours and several tournaments, a streamer too, you can ask for my stream profile in a DM if you want) on killer than any of the posters in this thread, and I can speak for killers who actually know what they are talking about when I say that the issue is not dead hard.

    The issue is gen times (especially when doing a gen with a fellow survivor), the fact that the killer can't know for sure if they are facing solo survivors or SWF, the irritably terrible randomness of maps (sometimes you get a map where it is impossible to lose as killer, sometimes it is impossible to win...why is there not a standard yet....?). I know it is mentioned in the video, but sprint burst is truly just as aggrivating to deal with as dead hard. If dead hard is nerfed then all the people in this thread bemoaning Dead hard will be shocked at how little changes if Dead hard is the only thing that changes.

    Sorry, but if you listen to this video you are truly missing the forest for the trees.

    Dead Hard is as much if not more of a mental thing then a balance thing. Listen to how many people call this video cathartic, this is more then just 'it's too strong nerf', it is a legitimate pain relief. I do think from a balance perspective Dead Hard is the biggest contributor to the games imbalance. It is not the only one, simple math tells you that however I think merely from a frustration/mental standpoint alone Dead Hard should be made utterly unrecognisable. As argued Sprint is mentally easier to deal with because its at the start of a chase not the end. Balance wise it changes very little but I don't think that's the goal here even if people would deny it, even to themselves.

    I personally accept that the game should be somewhat biased to the survivors because more people have to play them. You do NOT want a 1vs4 game where more people want to play the 1 side. I've seen games like this and they die very fast.

  • I feel like I can only justify dead hard against huntress, because it makes sense in her case. you could even just make it only work on ranged projectiles possibly.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950925#Comment_2950925

    You can't blame them for that. It's not the media section. If you put a media in general discussion, it's as a reference for points that you make in writing.

    True, but nobody actually checks the media section and the OP clearly wanted this to be seen so as to have a discussion. The mods have yet to move this so they think it's fine. The video was the focal point of the post and yet the person I had responded to ignored it and made a silly comment that would've been immediately disproved had they simply watched the video.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950691#Comment_2950691

    Mind explaining how it is more fair? Since it does the exact same thing without needing a perk slot for it.

    Because by the time killer builds bloodlust there already losing the game. If a chase extends to trigger bloodlust you have taken a bad chase. A survivor can break bloodlust by forcing a pallet break. Stunning the killer, Breaking line of sight. Meanwhile dead hard counter is waiting out dead hard and ........ nothing else apprently thats the only counter.

    Some try the head nod with killer but that dosent even work against smart survivors who can read a hand movement from a head movement. Also survivors have 4 breakable walls god loop locations and start the game separated often spawning next to gens. Your turn?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2952264#Comment_2952264

    A fair Loop is a unsafe Loop. Which I actually wrote. But thanks for ignoring it. :^)

    A Jungle Gym is not unsafe. You cannot Bloodlust it, unless you want to go into Bloodlust 3 and still spend quite a lot of time.

    Buf if we look at the Car/Rubbish-Loop in front of the school in Badham (next to the Fence-Window, you will probably know which one I mean), this is a good example for a fair Loop. Both the Killer AND the Survivor can outplay each other here. But, once the Killer gets Bloodlust, the Survivor will get hit.

    And IMO, the game should be balanced around Loops like that - a shitload of Pallets, almost all of them unsafe and only very, very few safe Pallets. But for this, Bloodlust would need to go.

    When Bloodlust was disabled during a weekend, I played a lot of M1-Killers (and still got a 3K average..) unlike other Killers who chickened out instead of testing. And it actually felt nice to get outplayed at an unsafe Loop, because the Survivor was actually better than me. With Bloodlust, I would have just get a cheap Speedboost and won the chase.

    And yep, undeserved. Sorry, if you fail to get Hits on unsafe Loops, this is a skill-issue.

    I'm so glad you wrote this post. fair loops are unsafe loops.

    I think jungle gyms, i.e safe pallets are extremely problematic in current DBD. Dead hard exaggerates these problematic pallets further because it insures you can greed pallets that have no mindgames through distance gain.

    I don't think bloodlust 3 makes jungle gym pallets unsafe. a skilled survivor can just camp the pallet and slide at the correct times. for all intensive purposes, jungle gym pallets are god pallets at higher-level of survivor game. that's why the dead hard for distance is as problematic as it is.

    Bloodlust is not overpowered mechanic. Its more that mechanic drains the skill of winning proper mindgames on fair pallet loops with killer while failing to address problematic pallet loops.

    you could argue that bloodlust helps killer deal with certain window loops, but 3 window entity blocker already fixes this problem. If there is a problematic window that automatically forces 3 window entity blocker when used, than that window is most likely problematic and hinges on the 2016 infinity window loop problems. i.e remove window or add breakable wall to fix the window.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2952358#Comment_2952358

    That's, at best, 45 seconds worth of Generator time.

    If the Killer wasted 45 seconds worth of Generator time for both health states, that's 90 seconds worth of Generator time, which is longer than a normal Generator

    Bloodlust is removed and these terribad killers get minimal hits/zero hooks.

    "Killer was terrible - I just did gens and got no points. He kept chasing that one guy. I couldn't heal anyone or unhook. Stupid tunneling killers, ruining my grade progression. What a boring game."

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950591#Comment_2950591

    I mean, if you wanna drive off most of the casual Killer playerbase go for it.

    Here's the difference between Bloodlust and DH.

    Good Killers don't rely on bloodlust to win chases. Good Survivors still abuse DH to get even better chases. See the difference

    The only difference I see is your word choice because we can just as easily switch the word abuse into your statement about bloodlust or switch the word rely into your statement about survivors using something to win a chase. Either use the same adjective for both (because using a perk that's in the game isn't "abuse" or just don't run that argument at all because it makes no sense

  • @Tiufal said:

    Its fun that killers only started complaining about DeadHard as hitvalidation was introduced. It only looks like entitled killers complaining cause they dont get their undeserved hits anymore, but still want to have them. Ignoring arguments and seeking fake logic to justify rants are also quite common now.

    'undeserved hits', it's funny cause DH literally takes away deserved downs of the killer.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://youtu.be/LNNtGyvAi_U

    There it is. Every single salient point about Dead Hard made, and every single asinine counter argument utterly destroyed and fed to the Entity.

    Why this perk is still in the game is a mystery. I can only assume it is because its removal would kill content creators and lose more players. The game has not had a mechanic this busted since old Moris.

    I'm so sick of people that respond to every criticism of Dead Hard with "But that would make the perk worthless", as if that would not objectively make the game better. YES. DO IT. Pummel it until it is worse than Technician, for God's sake.

    It’s no mystery why it’s still in the game. Most survivors rely on it and can’t win without its. Yea, I said “most” - it’s regularly used by more than 50% of survivors, especially at higher levels. If it gets nerfed, a lot of survivors will leave the game and BHVR knows this.

  • Sprint Burst rips track suit off while on the bench, and grins as it walks to the scorer’s table…

    Phone rings: Overcome is focused & warming up in the bullpen…

    Lithe pumped, grabs helmet off bench and straps up…

    Smh.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://youtu.be/LNNtGyvAi_U

    There it is. Every single salient point about Dead Hard made, and every single asinine counter argument utterly destroyed and fed to the Entity.

    Why this perk is still in the game is a mystery. I can only assume it is because its removal would kill content creators and lose more players. The game has not had a mechanic this busted since old Moris.

    I'm so sick of people that respond to every criticism of Dead Hard with "But that would make the perk worthless", as if that would not objectively make the game better. YES. DO IT. Pummel it until it is worse than Technician, for God's sake.

    No.

  • image.png


    Now even Otz has added to this video. Come on, man. Exactly how many people have to point out how busted this is before this perk gets the assassination it so desperately deserves? Boil Over was killed faster than this.

1 2 ›