Will the Evil Dead game pull a Stranger things well thing

So the Evil Dead game is out and it's got me thinking are they going to pull something like Stranger things did where they basically want the licenses back.

Comments

  • Possible, but doubtful.

  • Lmao no, if they were they would have already done that months ago. Netflix is just hellbent on running itself into the ground

  • Probably not since Netflix seems to be actively trying to burn their business to the ground where everyone else likes to keep their companies making money.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Probably not since Netflix seems to be actively trying to burn their business to the ground where everyone else likes to keep their companies making money.

    Whatever we all know that peacock is the best streaming service! Lmao

  • They definitely could.

    I wouldn't be surprised if they did either.

  • @Pulsar said:

    They definitely could.

    I wouldn't be surprised if they did either.

    If they were gonna it would've been done already.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Probably not since Netflix seems to be actively trying to burn their business to the ground where everyone else likes to keep their companies making money.

    The price increase was my tipping point. 15$ a month? Nah, I'm good.

  • If the game shows success, pull it and consolidate the license, if it doesn't become a success, no reason to lose out on a good partnership.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950225#Comment_2950225

    The price increase was my tipping point. 15$ a month? Nah, I'm good.

    If I wasn't the one paying for the family account, I'd probably be done with it too because of the price point as well. Netflix still has some really great shows on it (just watched Midnight Mass, absolutely brilliant show) but if it were just me, I'd basically buy a streaming service each month, watch what I want, then bounce service to service.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950266#Comment_2950266

    If the game shows success, pull it and consolidate the license, if it doesn't become a success, no reason to lose out on a good partnership.

    Even if that's the case Bruce Campbell owns the rights to Ash. So it's not up to the devs

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950275#Comment_2950275

    Even if that's the case Bruce Campbell owns the rights to Ash. So it's not up to the devs

    Ooo this is true.

    I don't imagine he cares that much

  • They would have done this way before release.

  • Maybe try asking on the Evil Dead The Game forums

  • @Kurri said:

    Maybe try asking on the Evil Dead The Game forums

    Do they have forums, I've only seen the reddit which is mega dead

  • Who cares about Ash at this point?

  • I think and hope the ST was a special contract.

    At least hopefully they learned their lesson and make better contracts in the future.

    I still have a little bit of hope that Netflix may come back - it seems that they try to correct things as their stocks tank like crazy.

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950286#Comment_2950286

    Do they have forums, I've only seen the reddit which is mega dead

    I don't know. There is Evil Dead Archives, that's anything Evil Dead franchise related https://evildeadarchives.com/forums/

    I don't know if the developers for Evil Dead The Game follow it though.

  • I wouldn't worry about it since the game is peer to peer and the host disconnects whenever you're winning.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Who cares about Ash at this point?

    67E5D273-98C3-443F-AB92-4E6EB497AB5C.jpeg

    Don’t do Ash like that lmao he’s cool. Much cooler than most of the roster

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Probably not since Netflix seems to be actively trying to burn their business to the ground where everyone else likes to keep their companies making money.

    Netflix has made or exceeded expected profits every quarter. How is it running itself into the ground?

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950225#Comment_2950225

    Netflix has made or exceeded expected profits every quarter. How is it running itself into the ground?

    With their recent moves, they're bleeding subscribers and getting awful PR with all of their price hikes and whatnot. Right now Netflix is still king of the mountain but that mountain seems to be crumbling beneath them

    But they've said that about DBD a bunch and it's still up on the mountain so Netflix might be perfectly fine...or it might be the beginning of their decline. Only time will tell.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950545#Comment_2950545

    With their recent moves, they're bleeding subscribers and getting awful PR with all of their price hikes and whatnot. Right now Netflix is still king of the mountain but that mountain seems to be crumbling beneath them

    But they've said that about DBD a bunch and it's still up on the mountain so Netflix might be perfectly fine...or it might be the beginning of their decline. Only time will tell.

    They're not bleeding subscribers though, they stopped broadcasting to Russia because of the Ukraine thing, which did cause them to drop a lot of subscribers. But that's not losing subscribers because subscribers are stopping Netflix. Also, the price hikes they've had are miniscule.

    Now Elon Musk did give them some bad PR, but it's probably him trying to buy their stock and make money, like he did with cryptocurrencies and Twitter. I'm surprised they haven't gotten him for manipulating the stocks.

  • As long as Bruce continues to get money from Ash being in DBD I don't see BHVR losing the license.

    Netflix has always just made weird decisions. They'll save a random cable TV show that gets canceled but then cancel their own original show that people love.

  • Okay, this is some very advanced business logic that most executive level college grads do not comprehend:


    Money = Good.

    Market Presence = Good.

    Brand Recognition = Good.

    Consumer Favor = Good.


    Licensing = Money. Market Presence. Brand Recognition. Consumer Favor.


    Licensing = Good.


    No Licensing = No Money. No Market Presence. No Recognition. Disfavor.


    No Licensing = BAD.

  • They could but I don't see why they would. Keeping Ash and his cosmetics on there is probably relatively cheap and still makes them money. If they really wanted to they could ask BHVR to do another cosmetic for him to bank on the new game coming out too but there's really no reason to take Evil Dead away from the game. Netflix is just ran by idiots.

  • I dont really think that many people actually care that much about Ash. I have seen and still see the Stranger Things-Characters way more often than Ash in my Lobbies.

    And the Ash vs. Evil Dead-DLC is a Survivor-only DLC, while Stranger Things brought Demo as well. AND better Perks.

  • Seems life if they were going to pull Ash, they would have done so before the release of their game

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950393#Comment_2950393

    I dont really think that many people actually care that much about Ash. I have seen and still see the Stranger Things-Characters way more often than Ash in my Lobbies.

    And the Ash vs. Evil Dead-DLC is a Survivor-only DLC, while Stranger Things brought Demo as well. AND better Perks.

    Yeah I guess ash i more for the older generation. Still the actor is a legend. It would suck to lose him In this game

  • Netflix is just goofy so I doubt it.