Should Huntress her Lullaby be non directional?
You can avoid so easy with the direction her song is playing. So I wonder if it should be more like Freddy his Lullaby
You can avoid so easy with the direction her song is playing. So I wonder if it should be more like Freddy his Lullaby
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You mean the ranged attacks that can easily be dodged from a range?
If the directional lullaby is to compensate for her ranged attacks then what is the 110% movement speed compensating for?
I played The Huntress as my main killer for quite a bit but quickly discovered how easy her weaknesses are to exploit the higher up the ranks you go.
Her lullaby is directional on a game like this being able to accurately track a killer you cannot see is like Premonition on steriods.
Because of not only the wind up time on her hatchets but also sound queues they are very easy to avoid and im not even a good survivor.
Her movement speed is too low, yes she has a range attack but if a survivor is looping you around certain objects "Lery's" Medical beds come to mind, they are surrounded by invisible barriers stopping you throwing over what is clearly a gap. The problem here is the pallets sure you can pre-wind up a hatchet but since this also slows you down the chances are they won't have to use the pallet anyway.
Personally if i were to make a change on her it would be remove the movement penalty while moving with a wound up hatchet, most of her skill cap comes from this and it's what sets her apart from most other killers.
She still would only move 110% but looping her around objects with invisible barriers infinitely would not be so easy.
That would be what the 110% speed is for.
C'mon devs... get rid of her directional lullaby.
No other change for her.
@Dabrownman1812 Ok you like to use "logic"
it makes no sense a killer that has IRON BARS STABBING HIS BACK (trapper) to feel pain when a survivor hits them with Decisive Strike.
Huntress isnt a bad killer how ever I do think she's over-rated. She's high mid tier in my opinion. She can end chases faster than any other killer. Personally I think it should stay directional, and maybe reduce the actual humming radius by a small bit.
######### I can barely hear it to begin with tbh
She already is very strong. That said, I agree it shouldn't be directional. She's already got enough hindrances for being ranged.
Like 15 20 seconds of nondirectional, then boom, 3 5 seconds of directional.
Still helps avoid her, but it doesnt let you track her.
Imagine hearing a faint heartbeat and the lullaby, then you hear the lullaby behind you...
The issue is she's a ranged killer so it has to be that way otherwise it'd be too strong.
I also play on PS4 and I used to say the same thing about Nurse. I only saw a few good ones then one day BOOM! They all popped out and I saw nothing but great Nurse players. Same goes with Huntress. Just like Nurse...The Huntress is a lot better on PC so you won’t see as many great ones, but I can tell you that I’ve seen some that know exactly how to aim and snipe across the map.
Huntress is already strong enough, she doesn't need a buff that strong.
Agreed on pc there's a lot of great players across all the killers, it's much harder on console but for an amazing Huntress go watch Umbra_Bug.
Be glad she's not on console, you'd be quaking in your boots.
She is hard on console, but not bad.
Just take a lot of practice and patience learning her range and learning from survivors 360ing who think they are good.
Perhaps as an ultra rare add-on, not base kit
The Huntress is extremely dangerous when she chatches a survivor off guard, without the directional lullaby she would be way way stronger. Personally I think she is balanced right now (except for Iridescent Head, again, my opinion).