2kills shouldn't be a win. (Solved/answered)

Why is a 2k a win? Shouldn't the killer draw?

  • 0-1k = loss
  • 2k = draw
  • 3-4k =win

It's quite clear a 2k is in the centre, so why is it a win? I hate the whole kills equal kill mentality but why isnt it set out how I listed above?

Edit: to clear confusion I dont think 2k is a win, I class it as a draw but I cant find an official source that doesnt say a 2k doesnt increase your mmr rating

ANSWER: THANKS TO PEANITS, a 2k is a draw usually. But there are some exceptions where a player can still gain/lose a very small amount of mmr depending on the survivors mmr

Also a DC is classed as VOID (not a kill)

Comments

  • Who said 2k is win?

  • It's... not?

    Three kills is a win. Two kills is a draw.

  • @eaebree said:

    Who said 2k is win?

    I would also like to know who said 2k is a win?

    I, as a member of the prestigious counsel of random forum users, would like to push forward the motion that 3k is a win. If. All four survivors has been hooked at least once.

    All in favor say 'nerf Dead Hard.'

    All against say 'pretty good job so far.'

  • @jesterkind said:

    It's... not?

    Three kills is a win. Two kills is a draw.

    Doesnt a 2k increase MMR? Iv tried looking through past q&as and stuff but cant find the exact conditions what is a win and by how much.

    All I found was kills/escapes/time affect your mmr gain/decrease

  • nerf Dead Hard!

  • @eaebree said:

    nerf Dead Hard!

    nerf Dead Hard

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912347#Comment_2912347

    I would also like to know who said 2k is a win?

    I, as a member of the prestigious counsel of random forum users, would like to push forward the motion that 3k is a win. If. All four survivors has been hooked at least once.

    All in favor say 'nerf Dead Hard.'

    All against say 'pretty good job so far.'

    Well I class a 3k as a win, but I cant find anywhere that officially states it is and 2k is a draw and doesnt raise mmr

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912350#Comment_2912350

    Doesnt a 2k increase MMR? Iv tried looking through past q&as and stuff but cant find the exact conditions what is a win and by how much.

    All I found was kills/escapes/time affect your mmr gain/decrease

    I imagine that it depends on the MMR difference between every player, but assuming they're all at the same MMR and no adjustments need to be made there, getting two kills balances out the MMR you lose by two players escaping. I guess you'd also end up with more MMR if you get two kills, one escapes by gate and one escapes by hatch, but hatch is kind of a null point from all perspectives.

    Also, "MMR increase" =/= "win". The game existed for a long time before MMR, and so did its win condition.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912347#Comment_2912347

    I would also like to know who said 2k is a win?

    I, as a member of the prestigious counsel of random forum users, would like to push forward the motion that 3k is a win. If. All four survivors has been hooked at least once.

    All in favor say 'nerf Dead Hard.'

    All against say 'pretty good job so far.'

    Nerf Dead Hard to the ground!!

  • Nobody said a 2K is a win. Killers have to work hard for a win, survivors just press E.😅

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912360#Comment_2912360

    I imagine that it depends on the MMR difference between every player, but assuming they're all at the same MMR and no adjustments need to be made there, getting two kills balances out the MMR you lose by two players escaping. I guess you'd also end up with more MMR if you get two kills, one escapes by gate and one escapes by hatch, but hatch is kind of a null point from all perspectives.

    Also, "MMR increase" =/= "win". The game existed for a long time before MMR, and so did its win condition.

    Well I'm classing a win as whatever increases the mmr.

    While I class having a good game in general a win, if I'm talking about the actual win then whatever increases mmr

    But I cant find the info anywhere and way back when it got introduced my questions about DCs was avoid so it's hardto know. I probably should update the post so people dont get confused

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912371#Comment_2912371

    Well I'm classing a win as whatever increases the mmr.

    While I class having a good game in general a win, if I'm talking about the actual win then whatever increases mmr

    But I cant find the info anywhere and way back when it got introduced my questions about DCs was avoid so it's hardto know. I probably should update the post so people dont get confused

    That's backwards. MMR is supposed to increase if you win, so the win condition must necessarily predate the MMR system, and in this instance it does.

    And, even based on the current system, 2k is a draw by default. If one escapes by hatch that throws it somewhat out of whack, but assuming they both escape via exit gate, you've got two increases and two decreases, which should balance out. There'll be some outlier cases where you only get a 2K but it was against a team dramatically higher than you, so you'll be given a little boost since you performed above expectation, but the MMR system doesn't define a win so those outliers are totally fine and help the system serve its actual purpose properly.

  • I can be that official source. Generally speaking, it's a draw. Your rating might go up or down a little depending on the ratings of the people you killed vs. the people who escaped, but it's likely not going to budge very much either way.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can be that official source. Generally speaking, it's a draw. Your rating might go up or down a little depending on the ratings of the people you killed vs. the people who escaped, but it's likely not going to budge very much either way.

    Thankyou, it was driving me nuts and I couldn't find an actual source. I dont suppose you're able to comment on DCs counting as kills? I asked this back when mmr first got added but never seen an official answer either

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912408#Comment_2912408

    Thankyou, it was driving me nuts and I couldn't find an actual source. I dont suppose you're able to comment on DCs counting as kills? I asked this back when mmr first got added but never seen an official answer either

    They're considered a null. For the Killer, each match is treated as four separate 1v1 matches. If someone disconnects, that 1v1 is treated as if it does not exist: You will not gain nor lose rating based on it.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    Nobody said a 2K is a win. Killers have to work hard for a win, survivors just press E.😅

    This is not true at all. I don't have "E" on my Xbox controller.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912411#Comment_2912411

    They're considered a null. For the Killer, each match is treated as four separate 1v1 matches. If someone disconnects, that 1v1 is treated as if it does not exist: You will not gain nor lose rating based on it.

    So let's say I get 1DC, 2kills and 1escape this would balance out as a draw due to the DC being void?

    But if I was to get a 1DC and 3kills it's a win in the killers eyes

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912411#Comment_2912411

    They're considered a null. For the Killer, each match is treated as four separate 1v1 matches. If someone disconnects, that 1v1 is treated as if it does not exist: You will not gain nor lose rating based on it.

    Is it all DCs or is it only like beginning of match DCs? So like first down DC makes sense but what about when someone DCs when being carried to death hook or last survivor at end game? Same on survivors end, what about when killer DCs when survivors are about to open exit gates and they would have escaped?

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912411#Comment_2912411

    They're considered a null. For the Killer, each match is treated as four separate 1v1 matches. If someone disconnects, that 1v1 is treated as if it does not exist: You will not gain nor lose rating based on it.

    I followed every thing you said every time, and I haven't understood for the hatch: as survivor do you gain or lose MMR? And as killer?

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912420#Comment_2912420

    I followed every thing you said every time, and I haven't understood for the hatch: as survivor do you gain or lose MMR? And as killer?

    Hatch escape is treated as if that survivor was never in the trial. They talked about this in a Q&A stream. Their rating doesn’t go up and the killer doesn’t lose anything for that survivor escaping.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912411#Comment_2912411

    They're considered a null. For the Killer, each match is treated as four separate 1v1 matches. If someone disconnects, that 1v1 is treated as if it does not exist: You will not gain nor lose rating based on it.

    Wouldn't that be abusable?

    For example, as killer you have a higher MMR than all 4 survivors, and after you killed one survivor, right in the endgame when you're to get 2 kills they one who's to die DCes and the other 2 escape, so overall you killed 1 and 2 escaped, out of 3 because who DCed doesn't count.

    Or, if as killer you're to lose a match because you're trying to raise your MMR as much as possible, you can just eat a 5 minute penalty every once in a while DCing, or have no penalty at all crashing the game intentionally, same for the survivors.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912420#Comment_2912420

    Wouldn't that be abusable?

    For example, as killer you have a higher MMR than all 4 survivors, and after you killed one survivor, right in the endgame when you're to get 2 kills they one who's to die DCes and the other 2 escape, so overall you killed 1 and 2 escaped, out of 3 because who DCed doesn't count.

    Or, if as killer you're to lose a match because you're trying to raise your MMR as much as possible, you can just eat a 5 minute penalty every once in a while DCing, or have no penalty at all crashing the game intentionally, same for the survivors.

    I think so but realistically you could only eat that once or twice a day. My understanding of the DC penalty is each time you DC you go up one tier and one tier gets forgiven every 24 hours. So if you DC once, you get a 5 minute penalty. DC twice, 15 minutes. If you DC twice one day and then DC once the next day, you'll eat a 15 minute penalty on the second day.

    It wouldn't be very practical. And the reason to do it so you could face tougher matches doesn't really make sense as a motivator. I think this could be a problem though if the MMR's were displayable because then there would be more of a reason for people to try and keep their ranking.

  • personally i consider 2k a win. if the game is ideally intended to be balanced for an average of 2k and 2 escapes then i see no reason you cant consider 2k a win. considering how hard it can be to get 1k sometimes. I can be happy with 1k sometimes. its only 0k i consider a pure loss because even with1k i still did my job by feeding the entity. imo anyways.

  • Considering how good some survivors are I absolutely consider 1 hook a win.

  • @InvadeGames said:

    personally i consider 2k a win. if the game is ideally intended to be balanced for an average of 2k and 2 escapes then i see no reason you cant consider 2k a win. considering how hard it can be to get 1k sometimes. I can be happy with 1k sometimes. its only 0k i consider a pure loss because even with1k i still did my job by feeding the entity. imo anyways.

    As a greedy sweaty killer player, I consider 2k a win out of necessity for my sanity

    But even when you win, sometimes you'rethe loser so ultimately it doesnt even matter I guess

    I had a match the other night where I got one measly hook on the Game, and just got my 2nd down whenthe last popped. I gave up, opened the doors and just wanted my pity kill.

    The survs couldn even give me that and wanted to utterly destroy me, andthey almost did if I didnt get a lucky grab which spiralled into a 3k thanksto Starstruck Agitation.

    The fact I got a 3k and a Win was irrelevant because I was miserable. Meanwhile, some 0k or 1k games are a lot of fun because there is back and forth action.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912514#Comment_2912514

    As a greedy sweaty killer player, I consider 2k a win out of necessity for my sanity

    But even when you win, sometimes you'rethe loser so ultimately it doesnt even matter I guess

    I had a match the other night where I got one measly hook on the Game, and just got my 2nd down whenthe last popped. I gave up, opened the doors and just wanted my pity kill.

    The survs couldn even give me that and wanted to utterly destroy me, andthey almost did if I didnt get a lucky grab which spiralled into a 3k thanksto Starstruck Agitation.

    The fact I got a 3k and a Win was irrelevant because I was miserable. Meanwhile, some 0k or 1k games are a lot of fun because there is back and forth action.

    I can completely understand that feeling...some of my most favourite matches have been what would be considered a loss because I didn't get a kill or I got a singular kill in EGC. But the matches themselves have been fun with good chases, lots of action, no searching around trying to find hidden survivors.

  • If only I had a dollar for every time that players in the end game chat treated two kills as a win or lose, instead of a draw.

    But yeah, by everything technical in the game. Two sacrifices is the closet to a draw you will get.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912543#Comment_2912543

    I can completely understand that feeling...some of my most favourite matches have been what would be considered a loss because I didn't get a kill or I got a singular kill in EGC. But the matches themselves have been fun with good chases, lots of action, no searching around trying to find hidden survivors.

    having good fun chases that dont feel like survs are running circles around you are very fun and to me have generally kept even my 0k games very fun and not frustrating.

  • @InvadeGames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912545#Comment_2912545

    having good fun chases that dont feel like survs are running circles around you are very fun and to me have generally kept even my 0k games very fun and not frustrating.

    Chases from both sides are my favourite aspect of the game (well with the exception of my Head On/Deception plays when playing survivor). I don't really enjoy hide n seek and searching for players to chase, I like to get into chases quickly which is probably why I like information perks a lot.

    A lot of players love the hide n seek aspect as well though - I think that's what's been so popular about DbD, there is such a variety of playstyles.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912555#Comment_2912555

    Chases from both sides are my favourite aspect of the game (well with the exception of my Head On/Deception plays when playing survivor). I don't really enjoy hide n seek and searching for players to chase, I like to get into chases quickly which is probably why I like information perks a lot.

    A lot of players love the hide n seek aspect as well though - I think that's what's been so popular about DbD, there is such a variety of playstyles.

    Oddly enough, the viability of hide and seek is part of why I enjoy VSing Nurse and Spirit.

    Stealth needs to be used in moderation ofc, but aggressive use of it is exhilarating. As unbalanced as Iron will is, its the one perk that makes it truly viable

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912420#Comment_2912420

    Wouldn't that be abusable?

    For example, as killer you have a higher MMR than all 4 survivors, and after you killed one survivor, right in the endgame when you're to get 2 kills they one who's to die DCes and the other 2 escape, so overall you killed 1 and 2 escaped, out of 3 because who DCed doesn't count.

    Or, if as killer you're to lose a match because you're trying to raise your MMR as much as possible, you can just eat a 5 minute penalty every once in a while DCing, or have no penalty at all crashing the game intentionally, same for the survivors.

    Bro, nobody, and i mean NOBODY is DCing to lower your invisible number

    And Peanits said matches are treated as 4 seperate 4v1s for killer, if you kill 1 survivor with high mmr, you go up a tiny bit of mmr, if someone with high mmr escapes you won't move much, if any at all, if you kill someone with lower mmr you won't move much, if a low mmr surv escapes you go down a bit of mmr, if someone dc it's like that 1v1 match never happened so no movement at all.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912555#Comment_2912555

    Chases from both sides are my favourite aspect of the game (well with the exception of my Head On/Deception plays when playing survivor). I don't really enjoy hide n seek and searching for players to chase, I like to get into chases quickly which is probably why I like information perks a lot.

    A lot of players love the hide n seek aspect as well though - I think that's what's been so popular about DbD, there is such a variety of playstyles.

    I really started liking stealth more again as survivor, and it's so fun because killers are so used to everyone looping immediately that every time you have time to stealth away they literally never expect it! Especially when you disappear from a chase walking it's godlike!

  • I outscored the survivors in a game tonight with 24.2k and 8 hooks. All of them escaped. So I lost but somewhat won aswell. I got flashlighted for hook 9 during ECG.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    0k is the new win. You have no need to grade up and push your MMR higher. Equip +BP perks and let them all live. You'll make much more than the pittance given out for monthly grade resets and have enjoyable games as well. Now that grades are hidden no one will know whether you are a G.O.A.T. or a G.O.A.T. turd so avoid the stress.

    You are the only person on the forums that thinks grades mean anything, lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912858#Comment_2912858

    No, I'm not. I'm just one of the few willing to debate it out and deal with the dogpile.

    But soon everyone will because without a reason to grade up killers won't. It'll start with the realization spreading throughout the killer playerbase, just as it started that camping and tunneling is what works compared to years ago that being echoed to not work, and then the mmr system will start to fail because no one is going to shoot for high grade which naturally brings high mmr as killer. (👉️read: that which you do to grade up is that which you do to raise mmr👈️)

    From there those groups of SWF that play to win and have very high mmr are going to sit in queue until it hurts at which point they will be fed a low mmr killer who will come here to complain and we will be right back to square one that saw the SBMM system implemented to begin with.

    I don't care if people on the forum refuse to hear it, it is the objective reality.

    I'll give it to you in the simplest way possible as you've struggled to grasp it from everyone else.


    A survivor could AFK the entire game, come back and escape, this means they would de-pip, but because they escape their MMR would go up.


    Alternatively you could be the world's best survivor,do 5 gens, rescue 6 survivors, double pip, and then die, this would give them two pips on their grade but their MMR would go down as they died.


    Another version is you get 0 saves, you do 0 chases but you do most gens and leave, this would likely be a de-pip or safety pip but your MMR would go up because you survived.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912897#Comment_2912897

    Nah, that's all bunk. You're just espousing what you think applies to it.

    By all means cite an official source that states that so I can stand back in amazement at the sheer incompetence it would take to design an emblem system so convoluted only to have such a pointless, abusable, and inane system for MMR.

    Are you suggesting grades are secretly used for matchmaking? I'm not really sure what you're trying to say at all.

  • So basically, killer has to 4k or they can be considered a loss.

    2k is not a win, its 50/50

    But they will tell you, "you got2k you should be happy" and "you sweaty if you go for the 4k"

    Umm, the game dictates that as a win, so why wouldn't we go for the 4k?

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912411#Comment_2912411

    They're considered a null. For the Killer, each match is treated as four separate 1v1 matches. If someone disconnects, that 1v1 is treated as if it does not exist: You will not gain nor lose rating based on it.

    Wait a minute. Every one and there mum always say the game is balanced for a 2k 2e that would mean its balanced to be a draw for the killer. But if I escape its a win regardless what happens to the other three people. So is the game not balanced like that or do I lose mmr as a survivor when not everyone survives?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2913368#Comment_2913368

    Not in the slightest. What I'm stating, not just suggesting, is that which killers do to grade up is that which killers do to improve their MMR. If you remove the reason to grade up you remove the reason to MMR up. If killers are not increasing their MMR then no killers will be available to face high MMR survivors. Ergo, high MMR swf teams clogging the queues without opponents will be fed a low MMR killer who will then come to the complain on the forum or quit which started the entire process for SBMM to be implemented to begin with.

    Ah ok I think I see now. I'm not sure many people increase their grade just to show it off though. I mean maybe people newer to the game, I was stoked about being rank 1 both sides the first few times. But if I'm actively going for pips now it's for doing adepts. The BP rewards are nice too but grades increase over time just playing normally, no real need to focus on it

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    So basically, killer has to 4k or they can be considered a loss.

    2k is not a win, its 50/50

    But they will tell you, "you got2k you should be happy" and "you sweaty if you go for the 4k"

    Umm, the game dictates that as a win, so why wouldn't we go for the 4k?

    We should all bookmark this post because it's our dev official answer to people saying this

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912555#Comment_2912555

    Chases from both sides are my favourite aspect of the game (well with the exception of my Head On/Deception plays when playing survivor). I don't really enjoy hide n seek and searching for players to chase, I like to get into chases quickly which is probably why I like information perks a lot.

    A lot of players love the hide n seek aspect as well though - I think that's what's been so popular about DbD, there is such a variety of playstyles.

    There's variety of playstyles!?

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912555#Comment_2912555

    Chases from both sides are my favourite aspect of the game (well with the exception of my Head On/Deception plays when playing survivor). I don't really enjoy hide n seek and searching for players to chase, I like to get into chases quickly which is probably why I like information perks a lot.

    A lot of players love the hide n seek aspect as well though - I think that's what's been so popular about DbD, there is such a variety of playstyles.

    Hide and seek...doing it tactically I understand, but I have far too many 'sulk squad' moments where the last two survivors in an SWF don't try to do gens and instead hide somewhere and do the bare minimum to keep crows off, with the ultimate goal of stalling the game out forever.

    @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912490#Comment_2912490

    Bro, nobody, and i mean NOBODY is DCing to lower your invisible number

    And Peanits said matches are treated as 4 seperate 4v1s for killer, if you kill 1 survivor with high mmr, you go up a tiny bit of mmr, if someone with high mmr escapes you won't move much, if any at all, if you kill someone with lower mmr you won't move much, if a low mmr surv escapes you go down a bit of mmr, if someone dc it's like that 1v1 match never happened so no movement at all.

    I don't know - I've had people DC to deliberately deny me BP/points as a BM. Literally in postgame 'you don't deserve BP'.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912420#Comment_2912420

    So let's say I get 1DC, 2kills and 1escape this would balance out as a draw due to the DC being void?

    But if I was to get a 1DC and 3kills it's a win in the killers eyes

    2ks and 1e would be a win for the killer. You don't count "nulls" as either a win or a loss.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912426#Comment_2912426

    2ks and 1e would be a win for the killer. You don't count "nulls" as either a win or a loss.

    2k is a draw though, if a DC is null then you only got 2kills that's still a draw, you need 3kills to be a win.

    Not that I care for the W in a game with DCs I was just curious and if a DC is null and the games treats it all as a 1v1 then 2kills, 1escape and 1DC is a draw

  • "DC pretends the 1v1 never happened."

    I see, so just before the confirmed hook of death, the hamster may gnaw on the server.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2913507#Comment_2913507

    2k is a draw though, if a DC is null then you only got 2kills that's still a draw, you need 3kills to be a win.

    Not that I care for the W in a game with DCs I was just curious and if a DC is null and the games treats it all as a 1v1 then 2kills, 1escape and 1DC is a draw

    The MMR system is setup to award you points for each individual kill and to take away points for each individual escape.

    Say a kill is 100 points and an escape is -100 points.

    If you have 2 kills, 1 escape and 1 DC/Hatch Escape, then you would gain 200 points for 2 kills, -100 points for 1 escape and no points for a DC. Adding it all together, you gain 100 points, hence a win.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2913519#Comment_2913519

    The MMR system is setup to award you points for each individual kill and to take away points for each individual escape.

    Say a kill is 100 points and an escape is -100 points.

    If you have 2 kills, 1 escape and 1 DC/Hatch Escape, then you would gain 200 points for 2 kills, -100 points for 1 escape and no points for a DC. Adding it all together, you gain 100 points, hence a win.

    Ah I get you, you basically if someone DCs you go up in mmr unless you let multiple go. Shame

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2912375#Comment_2912375

    This is not true at all. I don't have "E" on my Xbox controller.

    What button do you have to press on xbox? A or X?