General question to you all - what other games do you guys actively play besides dbd?

Many ppl have issues, anger or even some hate towards dbd. This is often getting projected towards other things in dbd that has nothing or little to do with the actual problems, for example the devs mainly. Not saying the devs are perfect and doing everything right but they do pretty good changes mostly overall which is often getting just looked passed or even ignored.

I have the feeling that most of these ppl that feel like that simply dont play or refuse to try out other games. Many of my friends ONLY play dbd, I was able to convince 2 friends to play 7 days with me after a long and excessive sellout of the game (Tried to convince them over 3 weeks to try it out). Now they love that game and we play it almost every day and we all 3 barely play dbd now.

I met alot of ppl personaly who just play dbd and never something else thats why I wanna see how it looks like on the forums, do you play any other games actively trying to blow off some steam and coming back to dbd after you feel rdy for it?

I personaly have a big variaty of other games I often play such as Hearthstone, Black ops 4 zombies and 7 days to die.

Tagged: BHVRMod

Comments

  • Elden Ring. I'm currently making a Priest of Nurgle build specialising in poison and rot. Nothing is quite as satisfying as outranging Rivers of Blood, breathing rot directly into their face, then chasing them down with a 30% damage increase.

    Praise the Plaguefather!

  • Hmm.

    7daystodie, Barotrauma, Cookie Clicker, Dark Souls, Dread Hunger, Factorio, The Forest, Monstrum, Oxygen Not Included, Phasmaphobia, Raft, Satisfactory, Space Engineers and Valheim.

  • For multiplayer-kill-games apart from DBD I play DayZ. For other gaming I have a mad number of hours in Cyberpunk 2077 and No Man's Sky, over 500 in each.

  • Currently Fifa career mode. Before it was Elden Ring. I don't buy a lot of games unless I scouted it out a lot first.

    On a Saturday if I'm not out I'll usually play with some real life mates on a variety of games. Rl and Overwatch are the most popular.

  • I have been playing a few things off and on; I'm taking my time with Pokemon Legends Arceus and really enjoying it, and recently I've replayed Hades and the first Jurassic World: Evolution (I may eventually get the sequel game, still on the fence about it). Because I assist in running Community Game Nights in one of the Discords I moderate for, I have also been playing a LOT of other co-op games recently like Among Us, Golf With Your Friends, Phasmophobia, and Fall Guys. And....I guess technically its a game so it counts...Fitness Boxing 2 on the Switch; really fun, music is pretty good, different trainers to choose from, and great for exercise/de-stressing.

    I REALLY wanna play Tiny Tina's Wonderlands when I'm able, and I'm excited for the Rifftrax game coming out next month (Jackbox style game); I think that'll be a ton of fun to play with friends.

  • DBD is my main game however I do enjoy Hunt: Showdown, Back 4 Blood, Midnight Ghost Hunt & a variety of story driven games. Currently playing through Control right now loving it what a game!

  • I play a lot of The Lord of the rings online. Actually my go to game, with DBD being my secondary game. Aside, anything that catches my attention.

    I'm big fan of the resident evil and final fantasy franchises. Ori, owlboy and Dust an elysian tail were also great. The elder scrolls and fallout games too. Subnautica and no man's sky also got their run.

    Currently playing lotro, dbd and tomb raider reboot series.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    Many ppl have issues, anger or even some hate towards dbd. This is often getting projected towards other things in dbd that has nothing or little to do with the actual problems, for example the devs mainly. Not saying the devs are perfect and doing everything right but they do pretty good changes mostly overall which is often getting just looked passed or even ignored.

    I have the feeling that most of these ppl that feel like that simply dont play or refuse to try out other games. Many of my friends ONLY play dbd, I was able to convince 2 friends to play 7 days with me after a long and excessive sellout of the game (Tried to convince them over 3 weeks to try it out). Now they love that game and we play it almost every day and we all 3 barely play dbd now.

    I met alot of ppl personaly who just play dbd and never something else thats why I wanna see how it looks like on the forums, do you play any other games actively trying to blow off some steam and coming back to dbd after you feel rdy for it?

    I personaly have a big variaty of other games I often play such as Hearthstone, Black ops 4 zombies and 7 days to die.

    I seem to always come back to DBD, but I got really into Hollow Knight, Project Zomboid, and Frostpunk during my last few breaks.

  • Solasta, pillars of eternity 1,2

    Battletech and MWO.

    Terminator resistance.

    I play more board and table top games than computer these days though.

    Malifaux, warmachine/hordes, battletech, descent.

    Don’t look back.

  • Since the Resident Evil Chapter released, I've gotten really into it and it's now my alternate when I don't want to play dbd.

  • Dead Rising, overwatch, silent hill 3 (repeatedly), and Project Diva

  • Genshin Impact

  • I been currently playing dying light 2, I’m actually waiting on my ps5 to arrive, should be here in 3-13 days but when it arrives I’ll be playing final fantasy VII remake, ratchet and clank rift apart, and returnal. (Yes I’m a big single player junkie lmao).

  • A little but of everything but RPG's are probably my favorite genre and I'm up for anything with those. From random pervy ones like Omega Quintet to mainstream ones like Final Fantasy and everything in-between. One my favorites off-hand is one for PS2 called Radiata Stories.

    I can enjoy pretty much every genre though. I've play sports games, action games, shooters, racing, mobile, idle, everything. About the only thing I don't really play are MMO's because of the massive time sink involved.

    I just don't have it in me and the only reason I got into the DBD time sink was because of a friend.

    My second biggest time sink is BO3 zombies. I have like 1100 hours or so on that. I'm prestige 10 level 200 something I believe. I still play that every once in a while though I can't remember any of the "Easter Eggs" outside of SoE. That's about the only map I play now.

    Edit: As for other games I playing at the moment, I just about finished up Ni No Kuni for the second time and then I'm going to go for FF9 or maybe Bioshock 2. I'm not sure yet.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319550/general-question-to-you-all-what-other-games-do-you-guys-actively-play-besides-dbd

    Mostly Elden Ring as of recently, super fun.

    Besides that, I mainly play the Devil May Cry series or other character action games, and some Apex every now and then.

    oof I played way back then devil may cry, I really miss that game I should really get back to it and play the most recent title.

  • @Emeal said:

    Hmm.

    7daystodie, Barotrauma, Cookie Clicker, Dark Souls, Dread Hunger, Factorio, The Forest, Monstrum, Oxygen Not Included, Phasmaphobia, Raft, Satisfactory, Space Engineers and Valheim.

    another 7 days to die enjoyer oof

  • I play The Binding of Isaac: Repentance, I also mod that game, so that's nice.

  • Hunt Showdown and Slime Rancher.


    Also Dont Starve and Terraria.

  • Outside of DBD?

    PUBG Duos, Diablo 3, Escape from Tarkov, and currently catching up on single player playstation exclusives.

  • @Stroggz said:

    Halo and call of duty. Or whatever they put on game pass.

    Highly recommend Weird West on Gamepass. Game is hard to explain but think of Red Dead mixed with original Fallout but it's a twin stick shooter at the same time

  • @Mandy said:

    I play such a mix of things. I've restarted another playthrough of Subnautica in the last week, I play Phasmo with a friend on a Friday night, Slashers Keep is my current destress go-to, as I can just play 10 minutes of it or so (don't get a lot of free time). I'm also really fond of story based games and will happily replay The Walking Dead or Until Dawn.

    Just started my first ever play through of Until Dawn and am loving how cheesy it is. Have you seen The Quarry?


    Also Wendigo killer when?

  • @Starrseed said:

    As a Legion main right now I just wait for the mid chapter so I play my fair share of different games. Generally I bounce between terraria, cyberpunk, binding of isacc and a bunch of other games because my true love wow isn't looking so good right now

    Bro wow disappointed me so hard. You play horde or alliance

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908450#Comment_2908450

    Bro wow disappointed me so hard. You play horde or alliance

    Undead worlock since vanilla

  • Risk of Rain 2, Hades, Hunt showdown, Plants vs Zombies 2 (modded version), Brawl Stars, Deltarune, 7 Days to die, They are Billions, Creeper World 4, Stardew Valley, Skyrim, Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, Roblox, Identity V, Bloons TD6, Dauntless, Slay the Spire, The Forest, Remnant From the Ashes, Minion Masters, State of Decay 2

    Some I haven't played in quite a while, but I like all these games. Wish I had more asymmetrical games on there but there aren't many of them. Maybe I can throw Evil Dead on there soon

  • well right now it variety like stardew, mario kart, metroid dread, coromon castle crasher etc

    there was vhs but its been down for 2 months now

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2909070#Comment_2909070

    oof I played way back then devil may cry, I really miss that game I should really get back to it and play the most recent title.

    DMC 5 is an absolute blast and I cannot recommend it more. What an absolute BANGER of a soundtrack

  • Yo any chance you looking for more wow friends?

  • I love me a good Star Wars game! I still play a bit of Star Wars: The Old Republic to this day. Otherwise, my taste is all over the place. I do especially enjoy games with strong narratives.

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2909896#Comment_2909896

    DMC 5 is an absolute blast and I cannot recommend it more. What an absolute BANGER of a soundtrack

    thanks I will definatly take a look at it!

  • @Coordi said:

    I love me a good Star Wars game! I still play a bit of Star Wars: The Old Republic to this day. Otherwise, my taste is all over the place. I do especially enjoy games with strong narratives.

    Who are you? I see you here for the first time. Welcome little bee :)

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319550/general-question-to-you-all-what-other-games-do-you-guys-actively-play-besides-dbd

    I seem to always come back to DBD, but I got really into Hollow Knight, Project Zomboid, and Frostpunk during my last few breaks.

    Hollow Knight?

    Beautiful.

  • It's a damn good game with an amazing score and great lore.

  • @Coordi said:

    I love me a good Star Wars game! I still play a bit of Star Wars: The Old Republic to this day. Otherwise, my taste is all over the place. I do especially enjoy games with strong narratives.

    yo new mod!

  • I'm actually not a major fan of multiplayer games in general- DBD is one of the few I enjoy which is why I latch onto it so hard. Overwatch is the only other one I play semi-regularly.


    Otherwise, I play mostly RPGs- I'm currently replaying the Kingdom Hearts series, and some of my favorite games are RE2 Remastered, Bioshock, and Persona 5. (And of course, Kingdom Hearts.)

  • Final Fantasy XIV is my other main addiction of choice. Just recently started the storyline for Shadowbringers.

  • Destiny 2

    LOTS of singleplayer games to balance things out

  • vampire survivors, stardew valley, ark

  • As of right now, I've been playing a lot of Fallout 3-4 , Gears 5, and Back 4 Blood. I've also decided to go back and play Dead Rising 1 and 2 again.

  • Elden Ring, still in my first run. I've finally got Malenia. I've killed all the night bosses, a few hidden ones. There only remain one double-boss in a slightly hidden BS cave up in the north and I'll have killed them all. (Probably the best game of the year, maybe of the decade.)

    Vampire Survivor. (mindless fun)

    Turing Complete. (extremely fun, if it's your kind of thing)

    Factorio. (I'll use all the resources in the world some day ...)

    Satisfactory. (I like exploring and building)

    Opus Magnum. (Probably the best programming game I've played, kind of hypnotic too)

    Lumencraft (just started, don't know how good it is yet)


    Yes, I like some variety in the ways I waste my time.

  • @Rooftopper said:

    Destiny 2

    LOTS of singleplayer games to balance things out

    Is hollow knight one of them?

1 2 ›