CoH Nerfed! We Won Guys, We Won!

Comments

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878329#Comment_2878329

    We won because it is good step for balancing game. This perk was problematic and it is better now.

    I will open same topic when they do same thing for Dead Hard, Nurse and NOED too. I care about balance and game healthy.

    Except that it didn’t balance the core problem which was that it is repeatedly re-blessed. It didn’t address that.

    I care about balance too but when you have a title like “we won” It implies there was some sort of competition like it wasn’t unanimously agreed that the perk needed to change. It just wasn’t the change that people were asking for.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878539#Comment_2878539

    Except that it didn’t balance the core problem which was that it is repeatedly re-blessed. It didn’t address that.

    I care about balance too but when you have a title like “we won” It implies there was some sort of competition like it wasn’t unanimously agreed that the perk needed to change. It just wasn’t the change that people were asking for.

    Actually i wanted this change, i did not want to make boons destroyable because other boons are already so weak. There is no reason to nerf them.

    I wanted nerf CoH, slower heal speed and it happened. I am okey with CoH now.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878365#Comment_2878365

    That's an attitude thing.

    Clue is right there "team of solos". People like to think since they queued solo, they aren't really in a team. I swear most people end up in swf simply to get teammates who actually act like they are on the same team. I queue solo all the time, as my friends long ago gave up on DbD, and I'll still bring CoH for my team.

    It doesn't matter what the viewpoint or attitude is. They're still a group of solos at the end of the day. They're still a team but they're solos. But I agree solo players treat it as a free for all but I really think it's mostly because of the huge disconnect and disadvantage they have versus the swf.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878375#Comment_2878375

    It doesn't matter what the viewpoint or attitude is. They're still a group of solos at the end of the day. They're still a team but they're solos. But I agree solo players treat it as a free for all but I really think it's mostly because of the huge disconnect and disadvantage they have versus the swf.

    I just get nostalgic because it wasn't always that way, and I have been playing this game and queuing up as a solo Survivor long enough to remember when everyone in the team still acted like a team

    it-crowd-team-denholm-reynholm.gif


  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878552#Comment_2878552

    Actually i wanted this change, i did not want to make boons destroyable because other boons are already so weak. There is no reason to nerf them.

    I wanted nerf CoH, slower heal speed and it happened. I am okey with CoH now.

    I didn’t think they needed to be destroyed, but the efficiency of how long it takes from when the killer snuffs the totem to the survivor re-blessing the totem was a much higher priority IMO.

  • @Seanzu said:

    God, these survivor sided devs suck /s

    Only took nearly half a year of complaining and player numbers dropping like a rock lol

  • Sigh...yet again I feel like we've missed the point as to what makes CoH so strong.

    It's the self care action unlockingfor all survivors. The speed is and always was irrelevant so to speak.

  • A cooldown after it got snuffed would be way more efficiant and actually solve the problem itsself but well I cant complaing, a nerf is a nerf.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877022#Comment_2877022

    Only took nearly half a year of complaining and player numbers dropping like a rock lol

    And how long did it take them to change spirit, or to remove Nurse with multiple blinks and no downsides? idk man, seems like they take forever to change things on both sides, 6 months and two nerfs is pretty fast considering the years it took them to change nurse and spirit etc.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877950#Comment_2877950

    Shhhh.. there are people calling for medkit nerfs. The last real good item survivors have left.

    They were calling for medkit nerfs before this stupid perk came into the game anyway. Even OTZ said they were overtuned which made the fact they thought COH was fine even more mind boggling.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878301#Comment_2878301

    I don’t risk other healing perks being snuffed after spending 14-28 seconds (base) setting it up. Nor do I need to traverse to a 24m radius to utilize any other healing perk. All this assuming a totem is even available, as survivors still cleanse dull and hex totems. Not to mention the upcoming haemorrhage rework.

    One would probably get more value out of Autodidact or even Solidarity than new CoH as a solo queue survivor. Hence, Self-Care is the optimal choice for solos once more. CoH’s lifespan is over outside of coordinated SWF.

    But you're also not mentioning two other nice benefits of Circle of Healing

    • Your CoH perk can mean other survivors can heal themselves if necessary even if they couldn't normally do it. If the sole benefit of Circle of Healing was literally that you can heal yourself then there would have never been a reason to run this perk in the first place, you would have been better off running any of the other self-only healing perks.
    • CoH also boosts survivors healing each other. Even with this nerf it's still a 50% speed boost on survivors healing each other which isn't bad.

    I'm not saying the soon to be nerfed Circle of Healing is better than the other perks or worse, like you said it does have the limitations of having to be placed and then possibly snuffed out which takes time away from the gens. But if it stays up a while after its placed it can still provide quite a bit of benefit probably.

  • @Khelendrose2020 said:

    People calling this a dead perk now are either disingenuous or very short sighted. One perk that gives the benefits of multiple perks while freeing up SWF teammates to run other perks.

    1. Full team self care in a designated area of the map - very strong on its own.

    2. 50% healing bonus in a designated area of the map - very strong on its own.

    3. No need for a healing kit, tgus allowing you to either double up the healing speed with a kit or bring something else.

    4. Whole party can see the totem

    5. Can be relit as long as a totem exists.

    This perk is still very strong. Anyone saying otherwise is just not being honest.

    I agree, I think the issue is too many people are misunderstanding the nerf. They think it's 50% of healing speed (ie. Self Care) instead of the 50% *bonus* to healing speed it actually is. If blessing the totem time is added, then overall for the perk holder it's the equivalent to SC, but they're forgetting that multiple people can heal multiple times under said perk. It's still good imo (though full disclosure, I don't even run CoH)

  • CoH is not dead on SWF will be pretty useful as people can heal themselves faster and on solo the totem can act as a beacon to lure survivor to heal other so those 32 secs may be 23

1 2 3 4 ›