DbD is full of cowards.
6 out of 10 killers, at least, DC against 2 swf. (lately)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
DC or dodge the lobby?
Sucks being the 1 that doesn't but until harsher DC penalties get brought in (devs plz) it's just how it is. People are sore losers.
I must be one of the 40%ers....cuz I have never dodged a single lobby.
I have dc'd before though (American internet is AWEFUL).
More lobby dodge than DC (my bad)
To everyone: in the last 24 hours in my personal experience, that's why i said "lately".
I had 50% of survivors dc just because they were the first to go down for the past 2 days. Survivors dc way more then killer.
PS: About time u got bars
A survivor who dcs is not as important as a killer who dcs. Survivors get screwed, but they can still survive. A killer who dcs can give away from 4 to 1 free escapes.
Btw, when i play as a killer some survivors DC because they were the first ones to get downed, but definitely not the 50% of them. (in my personal experience)
@Vietfox not saying 50% of them always dc, but this what the past few days have been like for me.
That number doesn't even matter when most of that 70% are really ######### bad players.
I'm gonna put the off topic stuff in the spoiler so I don't derail this thread.
On the actual subject, the optimization patch will be great. It will make my nurse even more viable since 360s are less effective on me.
It's already hard for me to believe stats from devs who even showed a chart.
Believing you, not a dev, without a chart? Nah.
You should get that i'm joking 99'99% of the time.
I don't mind if u derail the main topic.
well then... welcome to dead by daylight
Now back to the topic at hand, do you have ideas on how DC's should be punished? I have some ideas on how they should go with this!
5 minutes/10 minutes/15 minutes/30 minutes/1 hour/ 24 hours/ etc...
This would be a lower queue where you aren't prioritized unlike no DC'ers but you can still get games, it will just be unlikely that you'll get one. If you're a killer, you won't get many survivors in your lobby since you're not prioritized.
Insulting, or at least making fun of people who dodge swf players as killers won't help you in any way however. If they don't want to play against swf survivors, that's up to them. It's up to BHVR then to balance this game better so there's no big gap between solo and swf survivors more and killers are balanced better for all groups of survivors.
Glad to know that some killers dodnt lobbydodge swf! U rock!!
Where are you when killer mains complain about survivors DCing?
Boosted killers: "Playing with friends is cheating! REEEEEEEEEEEE"
Also boosted killers: cheats by abusing lobby leave feature--intended to disconnect from bad ping lobbies-- to cherry pick easy opponents for easy rank
Babyrage Handbook:
Step 1: Dodge every SWF
Step 2: Get rank you don't deserve and never learn how to versus SWF
Step 3: Get demolished by SWF when feeling confident
Step 4: Complain about SWF on forum
Step 5: Repeat
Survivors dc too if you dribble
Hate mail an/or post in the forum how that's an exploit
DC during the game ruining the game of other3 survivors bothering them and the killer but only the last one most of the time get the blame
If killer dodgea a lobby you can search for a game istantly, if a survivor DC the killer has to play the entire of the game
Derank is endorsed by BHVR and fogstreamers
Lobby dodge isn't even close to the issue of a survivor DC
If killer DC you lose nothing, just time. As survivor if you DC you ruin the game for everyone and waste their time also
I thought we were talking about lobby dodging. Who would realise afterwards that people are playing swf and then dc? If killers dc it's because of them getting frustrated with something. Obviously the reasons for that frustration can be very different.
Until a certain point I dc'd as a killer myself as well, only very rarely however, when I got frustrated with multiple matches in a row because of toxic survivors, and just not having any fun. Obviously I was just not good enough to deal with those survivor teams, but that's a problem caused by the ranking system in the game. However that combined with toxic survivor players in the after chat are what got me to dc at times. I stopped with that though. Dcing is obviously nothing anybody should do. But that's not directly swf but more killer not being good enough or getting frustrated, or in some cases just getting a total rage fit. Which can happen even against non swf survivors. The ranking system is part of that problem. I agree with you on dcing, though. I was just talking about lobby dodging.
Also, why do only killer mains complain about survivors dcing? When I play survivor I find it just as frustrating when some survivor in my team just dc's.
It's not cowardice to prevent a game you know is not going to be fun. Games are meant to be pleasant, that's why people play them.
I hope there was a way to show you how often i play solo.
@LyrSteam6510 can tell you i guess, like many other players who know me well
But seriously, a few days ago i was in a lobby first then 2 Claudettes and a Laurie with flashlights joined at once, i had a suspecion and used a meat plant offering cause these groups LOVE their autohaven offerings.
They tried it, we were sent to the meat plant instead and got 3 insta DCs.
I had faith that the devs would hide the Killer's equipment on the scoreboard during the match.
Needless to say, i don't do faith anymore.
As long as that makes u feel better. I personally don't need to dodge swf to have fun
Some people don't like playing the clown to a bunch of bullies. I don't blame them for dodging.
Yeah that sucks as well. Players dodging game features should be gone, doesnt matter who they side.
Still, DC and dodging should be adressed.
Tfw you give someone ######### for playing games for fun
I've never dodged a lobby as a killer except for if someone has 500-1k ping consistently since that's not fair to their teammates.I'e taken on 4 flashlight swf lobbies before and killed all 4 and gotten my clock cleaned as well. But on average I can beat swf groups and not dodging them makes you a better killer in the end.
As for killers lobby dodging it's simply pathetic when 4 people all join separately then 1 person joins in with their legacy cosmetic already selected and insta dodge. ! person joins with a flashlight dodge. 2 people with medkits, dodge etc,
It's like if you really want an easy game go play Hello Kitty because once killers really are the power role you won''t have anymore excuses to lobby dodge.
Lobbydodging because of ping is understandable Nothing wrong with that lol.
Wow , I see a lot of accurate numbers in here. How do these people collect all this data? Devs giv the info or what? XD
I see it as pretty cowardly to play in SWF. It makes the game easier for those survivors, to the point of virtually game breaking, and often hurts the killer.
Like you aren't coordinating at all? Sure. And I'm the Entity.
The game isn't balanced for coordinated survivors.
You can act like you aren't doing much but against a threat, I'd wager you'll start sharing more and more info, and playing harder and harder using comms to your advantage going well beyond the solo survivor's abilities.
It also allows for extremely bad match making.
And don't forget to rag on the survivor side of things. They DC plenty, too. They have the option to back out of bad ping games at the least.
Is it easier with SWF? Yes
BUT you fail to realize that most swfs play with friends just because they like to play with their friends, not because they are sweaty ********.
We are NOT the depip squad.
This and several times when I've swf'd one or 2 people are on their cellphones talking to their gf and so can't tak anyways. There's other times I'm playing and can't talk due to people sleeping so there's no real advantage in quite a few of those games.
For most of my swf games it's with 1 or 2 and sometimes 3 to teach newbies the ropes and hopefully let them earn some bp. The other games we screw around quite a bit and joke about mistakes on both sides and we always say gg afterwards unless it's a camper at 5 gens etc.
This whole 4 mans swf swat team excuse is just that an excuse for every game where the killer gets outplayed or when there's even a 2 man swf. In over 1500 hours of playtime on both sides I've never seen more than 100 total groups of highly coordinated swf groups.
But I've seen hundreds of solo q games where the solo q's look like a 4 man depip squad, quite a few of those I was a survivor and we just all knew what to do. We knew when to rescue and when not to, when to do gens and when not to etc.
After quite a large amount of them the killer would get salty and say swf trash etc, all because they got their butt handed to them. It was a convenient excuse just like here on the forums, it wasn't because they weren't very good or that they made way too many mistakes it was swf.
Do you think Monto or Marth or any of the other top tier players got as good as they are by whining about swf and using that as an excuse not to get better?
Funny, I keep running into sweaty SWFs. Nearly every time I give them a chance, outside of events.
If I didn't constantly run into people trying to use SWF to their advantage, I might have a better opinion of them, and I'd probably dodge less.
Believe me, I get it. You just want to play with friends. I absolutely do not blame you for that. SWF in itself isn't bad.
I blame the people pushing SWF advantages who are way too common.
Still, I feel the tone of the thread is screwed up.
Calling people names because they don't find it fun to gamble with people that might just go out of their way to ruin their fun, and abuse things not intended (Coordination, and communication. I don't really give a damn about SWF in itself) while the people calling them cowards are actively making the game easier on themselves.