DbD is full of cowards.
6 out of 10 killers, at least, DC against 2 swf. (lately)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Funny, I keep running into sweaty SWFs. Nearly every time I give them a chance, outside of events.
If I didn't constantly run into people trying to use SWF to their advantage, I might have a better opinion of them, and I'd probably dodge less.
Believe me, I get it. You just want to play with friends. I absolutely do not blame you for that. SWF in itself isn't bad.
I blame the people pushing SWF advantages who are way too common.
Still, I feel the tone of the thread is screwed up.
Calling people names because they don't find it fun to gamble with people that might just go out of their way to ruin their fun, and abuse things not intended (Coordination, and communication. I don't really give a damn about SWF in itself)
I'm not interested in becoming "top tier." I don't have time for that. I'm not a streamer, and I don't have the time to invest in being as good as one. I really wish I did. I enjoy this game for some strange reason when I generally hate PVP entirely. Survivor, and killer.
Hey, I'm all for removing the excuses, or validating them.
Lets mark SWFs, or filter them.
And/or add a BP bonus to killers depending on how many SWFs are involved in the match to indicvate how many were SWFs.
This way someone can see they got whooped by 4 solo survivors and can't make the complaint with any validity.
Or if they go after an SWF they can either meet a not sweaty group looking to have fun, an absolutely ruthless group, or a toxic group.
People looking to dodge SWF are probably going to do it anyhow.
Trying to take advantage of people who don't know any better than to dodge an SWF will only last so long with them, and if they don't know what to look for, they will ALWAYS have that excuse.
And hey, there's always the people that don't dodge, even knowing what to look for. It's not like SWF will completely lose games.
You can't convince me that most SWFs aren't mostly sweaty when my experiences say otherwise.
They aren't out to screw around short of being toxic/BM. Maybe some are trying to teach? I might have ran into one game like that.
But they're generally out to be as ruthless as possible in my experiences, and that's pretty ruthless when they can basically break the game.
There's no profit in losing like that. I do want blood points, you know.
It's also no fun at all.
It's kinda crap to get encouraged to become top tier and not have the perks/addons/offerings top tier players use, and expect to get them the ultra hard way.
I watch the vids. Almost none use less than t3 stuff save rare emergency cases.
@Rebel_Raven I've said they should give a bonus post game for swf groups with the large the group the larger the bonus. I've also run into sweaty groups but I don't let it bother me and I trash talk right back and joke about their mistakes as well as mine,
The funny thing is you'll get the same groups back to back sometimes and they tend to play very cocky if they know it's you and then you wreck them.
The biggest thing to remember is it's just a game, yes you always want to win but laugh at your mistakes and theirs. See the humour in everything and when you miss that point blank hit laugh it off and then when you down them exult in victory.
Everyone wants bps, but it isn't fun either to face a myers with infinite EW3 or a one shot huntress. Survivors dont get many bps against those either.
There's no post game chat on ps4, so I don't have the luxury, or care to reach out like that.
Usually the mistake I make is Vsing an SWF and thinking I can get anything done. haha
I'm an odd duck, I guess. I don't care about "winning" in the way most would put it. 4ks are nice, but I'm not at all hard up for them. Or even 3ks.
Hell, I'll let people go if the mood strikes me.
I don't camp unless a survivor ticks me off, or the gates are open, or about to be. Don't even have BBQ and Chili at all. Or MYC on everyone, or Devour Hope on everyone.
I might patrol knowing they'll unhook soon (Sometimes they don't try to rescue. All part of the chaos. Kinda bums me out.).
I'll probably put down traps if I can.
Not keen on tunneling, but there always seems to be the one that wants to be a distraction. I'd really rather go after someone else most times.
I just want Blood points and have some fun, and hopefully get a fair shake at winning, entity's pleasure be damned.
SWFs are keen to rob me of all of that far too often.
Hyper efficient 99 percent of the time, toxic at times, BM almost always.
It's not an enjoyable environment. The BP isn't there either, thus I dodge.
At least skimming for solos I have a reasonable chance to get half decent BP, and I can have some fun in chasing them around, and not basically play the same game every time never knowing what they'll do. The randomness is way more fun. What will they do when someone gets hooked? Will they keep pushing gens? Will they panic?
SWFs are sorta robotic, but not in the ways that I can/want to strategize around, more in that they are just cold, and efficient, and often cookie cutter. Sometimes they treat me like I'm a bigger threat than I am, or deploy obvious tactics.
About the only times I like SWF is during events and we can sing kumbaya, and get stuff done. Even then they're dense as hell most times.
Anywho, when SWFs either get the hook out of their butts and stop abusing SWF most times, or it becomes profitable to go against them and deal with the difficulty spike, or hopefully both, I'll likely stop dodging, and stop being such a grump about it.
Yeah, I know. I'm on the survivor end of that at times. Killers just going overboard whole hog. Mostly Myers, Doctors and Wraiths with absolutely zero chill. Sub 8k matches suck, survivor or killer.
Was real fun for matchmaking to put me in a match with a killer 9 ranks higher than me.
If you Vs me as a killer, even if I have a hundred addons that offer those abilities, I'll probably never play that way outside of rare occurrences for shits and giggles. Not likely against anything but a 4 man SWF on top of that.
I loathe the day I look at a group and think "Boy, I better use the heavy artillery and try really damn hard to fight to have a chance here. No fun, just business. just grind."
It's just the latter part right now. I don't have an SWF killer build. Certainly don't want to adhere to meta and make one.
I might goof around and do a Rancor - Devour Hope - haunted grounds combo for shits and giggles and see if it works with other perks, sort of a no mori kill build, but, well..
I'm sort of the killer equivalent to the SWFs you say you run, I guess? If I'm reading your intent with SWF right?
I could have the tools to be toxic, but I'm happier giving, and getting a sporting chance.
I might make the game easier on me, but go at it full tilt? Nah.
But it goes too far when my advancement is put in peril. Not ranks, but I mean getting stronger perks, and on characters I like to get the builds I want to try. So I need BP.
If I could figure out a way to suggest something outside of a gentlemen's agreement that neither side will go ultra tryhard I would. Maybe if we get enough people we can set up lobbies with KYF style rules, limits on rarities, etc. but people dislike the idea of splitting the community.
Perkless matches look hella fun watching Achievement Hunter do them.
I mean, i never tried to tell people how to play, i'm just saying how things work.
Are u a ps4 player? Add me if so: Vietfox87
I play killer more and I know for a fact that four skilled soloes are still a greater challenge than a casual full SWF team who are just trying to have fun. Not saying playing with friends on comm is not a significant advantage. It is. But not gamebreaking by any means.
Grow some balls, ye lobbydodgers out there!
You forget SC/DH/(insert whatever perk killers want to complain about here). Oh and the swf swat teams all have 4 flashlights/insta heals/toolboxes and BNPs and all matches are under 3 minutes with no kills.
I roll my eyes, mutter something like "Christ on a cracker..." And then redo my load out to take grays so I dont waste my high end addons getting rekt the whole match.
but I still don't dodge.
Oh I'll bring Franklin's just to screw with them since they'll inevitably go back to the same spot if you lose them. Then bring a Mori just to scare them or use a Shroud of separation because that's even funnier. Now to really screw with them you take Enduring and Spirit Fury along with BBQ and Rancor for the ultimate you're screwed loadout.
There's nothing wrong playing with friends. It's part of the game. If you run as soon as you see swf then yes you are a coward, or maybe just pathetic crybaby wanting his "ez win". Meh.
Maybe learn to read before calling me a crybaby killer.
Ok i was ""a bit"" drunk yesterday and thought you told me to play solo, i know what u meant now.
Dcing because of a map is stupid as well. Is it more difficult to hide in meat plant? Maybe, but there are other ways to do well in that map.
I used to hate Lery's map at first but now is one of my favourites. Might be small and a pain against a doctor with distressing, but so easy to juke as well.
People just need to adapt.
Yeah , right.
Because every swf is out there to troll you. ALL OF THEM
Man , just stop , you talk so much bs...
I know you're like the living meme in here but man...just stop.
Try reading what I actually wrote. Talking at people isn't as effecting as talking with people.
I swear to you guys I'll start recording and uploading some games, only to show how a mediocre killer can still fare decently against them oooh so OP SWF groups.
Btw I used to be on the opinion there's a huge difficulty gap between facing SWF and soloes. But my recent experiences tell me otherwise. That tiny change on healing time made a world of difference, and it affects swf as much as randoms.
Dbd is full of something beginning with C
SWF whether terrible with friends or super stacked out is still a game that can be fun. If you dont let the "omfg its cheat with friends I cant do this" mentality set In.