Two questions about the Hemorrhage change

I am excited to see that this status effect is being reworked into something a bit more useful, but I have a couple questions about it:

  1. How does this interact with Freddy’s Z-Block addon? This currently allows hemorrhage to be applied to healthy survivors, but this means regressing healing progress would not matter. Will this now just cause healthy survivors to bleed at the normal rate and nothing more than that?
  2. How does this impact Sloppy Butcher’s perk tiers? Its perk tiers currently impact the strength of the hemorrhage effect/how much more frequent the bleeding is. Will this change the regression rate now instead or will this be something else?
Tagged: BHVRDev

Comments

    1. Freddy add-ons are garbage but i am sure they are affect injured survivors too. So you can get value from this add-on maybe? They were time limited if i am not wrong.
    2. Bleeding effect is staying. And sloppy already tier'ed by this effect. So it will not change anything, it will extra effect.
  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I am excited to see that this status effect is being reworked into something a bit more useful, but I have a couple questions about it:

    1. How does this interact with Freddy’s Z-Block addon? This currently allows hemorrhage to be applied to healthy survivors, but this means regressing healing progress would not matter. Will this now just cause healthy survivors to bleed at the normal rate and nothing more than that?
    2. How does this impact Sloppy Butcher’s perk tiers? Its perk tiers currently impact the strength of the hemorrhage effect/how much more frequent the bleeding is. Will this change the regression rate now instead or will this be something else?

    I think it won't have an effect on either, z-block is just for additional tracking and sloppy butchers tiers are only based on how fast they bleed and bleed speed likely won't affect how fast they loose heal progress, it only improves the tracking.

  • I just finished writing our patch notes on this, what timing!

    Sloppy Butcher is being changed to "Increases the rate at which healing progression is lost by 15/20/25%". Note that it's a % of a %, so instead of losing 7% per second, you'll lose 8.05/8.4/8.75% per second with these numbers.

    As for the "Z" Block Add-on, it no longer causes survivors to bleed when healthy but still applies the new Hemorrhage as per normal.

    As usual, these are the current values we're aiming for on the PTB, subject to change, etc.

  • @DesignDad said:

    I just finished writing our patch notes on this, what timing!

    Sloppy Butcher is being changed to "Increases the rate at which healing progression is lost by 15/20/25%". Note that it's a % of a %, so instead of losing 7% per second, you'll lose 8.05/8.4/8.75% per second with these numbers.

    As for the "Z" Block Add-on, it no longer causes survivors to bleed when healthy but still applies the new Hemorrhage as per normal.

    As usual, these are the current values we're aiming for on the PTB, subject to change, etc.

    Wow, Sloppy is decent perk again. Hope you guys are planning another nerf for CoH. Thanks for good update!

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871635#Comment_2871635

    Wow, Sloppy is decent perk again. Hope you guys are planning another nerf for CoH. Thanks for good update!

    and some QoL for twins! (fingers crossed)

  • @DesignDad said:

    I just finished writing our patch notes on this, what timing!

    Sloppy Butcher is being changed to "Increases the rate at which healing progression is lost by 15/20/25%". Note that it's a % of a %, so instead of losing 7% per second, you'll lose 8.05/8.4/8.75% per second with these numbers.

    As for the "Z" Block Add-on, it no longer causes survivors to bleed when healthy but still applies the new Hemorrhage as per normal.

    As usual, these are the current values we're aiming for on the PTB, subject to change, etc.

    Wait,does that mean that Sloppy will lose the mangled effect?

  • @DesignDad said:

    I just finished writing our patch notes on this, what timing!

    Sloppy Butcher is being changed to "Increases the rate at which healing progression is lost by 15/20/25%". Note that it's a % of a %, so instead of losing 7% per second, you'll lose 8.05/8.4/8.75% per second with these numbers.

    As for the "Z" Block Add-on, it no longer causes survivors to bleed when healthy but still applies the new Hemorrhage as per normal.

    As usual, these are the current values we're aiming for on the PTB, subject to change, etc.

    Can I just check Sloppy Butcher keeps the Mangled status effect, and just becomes a very good anti-heal perk, right?

  • @DesignDad said:

    I just finished writing our patch notes on this, what timing!

    Sloppy Butcher is being changed to "Increases the rate at which healing progression is lost by 15/20/25%". Note that it's a % of a %, so instead of losing 7% per second, you'll lose 8.05/8.4/8.75% per second with these numbers.

    As for the "Z" Block Add-on, it no longer causes survivors to bleed when healthy but still applies the new Hemorrhage as per normal.

    As usual, these are the current values we're aiming for on the PTB, subject to change, etc.

    Thanks so much for the reply!

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871635#Comment_2871635

    Wait,does that mean that Sloppy will lose the mangled effect?

    That was exactly my first thought.

    Pls answer I really liked sloppy giving mangled

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871635#Comment_2871635

    Wait,does that mean that Sloppy will lose the mangled effect?

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871635#Comment_2871635

    Can I just check Sloppy Butcher keeps the Mangled status effect, and just becomes a very good anti-heal perk, right?

    Sloppy Butcher still applies Mangled. Sorry for not being clear about that, I was only thinking about the things that changed and not what stayed the same!

  • @DesignDad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871645#Comment_2871645

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871653#Comment_2871653

    Sloppy Butcher still applies Mangled. Sorry for not being clear about that, I was only thinking about the things that changed and not what stayed the same!

    its all good thanks for clearing it up

  • @DesignDad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871645#Comment_2871645

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871653#Comment_2871653

    Sloppy Butcher still applies Mangled. Sorry for not being clear about that, I was only thinking about the things that changed and not what stayed the same!

    tyvm i was getting concerned for a second there

  • @DesignDad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871645#Comment_2871645

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871653#Comment_2871653

    Sloppy Butcher still applies Mangled. Sorry for not being clear about that, I was only thinking about the things that changed and not what stayed the same!

    Don't worry :)

    Thank you for the response

  • @DesignDad said:

    I just finished writing our patch notes on this, what timing!

    Sloppy Butcher is being changed to "Increases the rate at which healing progression is lost by 15/20/25%". Note that it's a % of a %, so instead of losing 7% per second, you'll lose 8.05/8.4/8.75% per second with these numbers.

    As for the "Z" Block Add-on, it no longer causes survivors to bleed when healthy but still applies the new Hemorrhage as per normal.

    As usual, these are the current values we're aiming for on the PTB, subject to change, etc.

    Why is the Z Block losing it's bleeding on healthy effect? That seems completely unnecessary. If it only applies Hemorrhage to healthy survivors for 60 seconds then that seems even worse than the current version.

    Also, will Hemorrhage still make survivors bleed more? I'm going to miss that effect quite a bit if it's going, to be honest.

  • @DesignDad said:

    I just finished writing our patch notes on this, what timing!

    Sloppy Butcher is being changed to "Increases the rate at which healing progression is lost by 15/20/25%". Note that it's a % of a %, so instead of losing 7% per second, you'll lose 8.05/8.4/8.75% per second with these numbers.

    As for the "Z" Block Add-on, it no longer causes survivors to bleed when healthy but still applies the new Hemorrhage as per normal.

    As usual, these are the current values we're aiming for on the PTB, subject to change, etc.

    I just realized, if Z-block no longer applies to healthy survivors, doesn't this mean it and Cat Block have the same effect? They both apply Hemorrhage for 60 seconds.

  • @DesignDad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871645#Comment_2871645

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871653#Comment_2871653

    Sloppy Butcher still applies Mangled. Sorry for not being clear about that, I was only thinking about the things that changed and not what stayed the same!

    Sounds overtuned having both effects. It basicalky counters its counter.

    You nerfed thanatophobia with a similar reasoning, as the slower heal makes it more likely to get interrupted and lose progress. It makes other anti heals completely overshadowed.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871635#Comment_2871635

    I just realized, if Z-block no longer applies to healthy survivors, doesn't this mean it and Cat Block have the same effect? They both apply Hemorrhage for 60 seconds.

    Such a good point that I went and double-checked my notes.

    "Z" Block now applies Hemorrhage for 90 seconds. I need to update the patch notes draft! Thanks for asking and making me double-check!

  • @DesignDad said:

    I just finished writing our patch notes on this, what timing!

    Sloppy Butcher is being changed to "Increases the rate at which healing progression is lost by 15/20/25%". Note that it's a % of a %, so instead of losing 7% per second, you'll lose 8.05/8.4/8.75% per second with these numbers.

    As for the "Z" Block Add-on, it no longer causes survivors to bleed when healthy but still applies the new Hemorrhage as per normal.

    As usual, these are the current values we're aiming for on the PTB, subject to change, etc.

    Z Block is already a weak addon, is this even used according to your stats? Why does it need a nerf? I think it is totally fine if it keeps the bleeding effect for tracking purposes. Then it is at least a bit valuable to run. I mean, even with new hemorrhage and additional bleeding on healthy survivors I would not aim for it in the bloodwebs

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871635#Comment_2871635

    Z Block is already a weak addon, is this even used according to your stats? Why does it need a nerf? I think it is totally fine if it keeps the bleeding effect for tracking purposes. Then it is at least a bit valuable to run. I mean, even with new hemorrhage and additional bleeding on healthy survivors I would not aim for it in the bloodwebs

    Honestly Z-block should just be reworked into something else. It was okay having 2 hemorrhage addons before because one of them was unique in that it worked on healthy survivors, but it doesn't really make sense now if they're going to remove that effect. Or keep it like you said.

  • @DesignDad said:

    I just finished writing our patch notes on this, what timing!

    Sloppy Butcher is being changed to "Increases the rate at which healing progression is lost by 15/20/25%". Note that it's a % of a %, so instead of losing 7% per second, you'll lose 8.05/8.4/8.75% per second with these numbers.

    As for the "Z" Block Add-on, it no longer causes survivors to bleed when healthy but still applies the new Hemorrhage as per normal.

    As usual, these are the current values we're aiming for on the PTB, subject to change, etc.

    Are the patch notes out?

  • @felorapt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871683#Comment_2871683

    Does bleeding frequency stay? I use it with bloodhound to track survivors more easily.

    If it doesn't. It is a lowkey nerf regardless of whatever low tier killers reacting on YouTube would believe. I actually cannot believe they are nerfing hemorrhage of all things. We are on another level...

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872786#Comment_2872786

    If it doesn't. It is a lowkey nerf regardless of whatever low tier killers reacting on YouTube would believe. I actually cannot believe they are nerfing hemorrhage of all things. We are on another level...

    LMAO. Imagine thinking a strong buff is a nerf because it removes a completely useless effect. I refuse to believe anyone with more than 20 hours in the game even gives hemorrhage a second thought, lol.

  • The Patch Notes won't be out until the PTB is released.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I am excited to see that this status effect is being reworked into something a bit more useful, but I have a couple questions about it:

    1. How does this interact with Freddy’s Z-Block addon? This currently allows hemorrhage to be applied to healthy survivors, but this means regressing healing progress would not matter. Will this now just cause healthy survivors to bleed at the normal rate and nothing more than that?
    2. How does this impact Sloppy Butcher’s perk tiers? Its perk tiers currently impact the strength of the hemorrhage effect/how much more frequent the bleeding is. Will this change the regression rate now instead or will this be something else?

    I dont think they should have taken away the increased blood pools.

    I hope they didn't,it was useful and think it still hase some usefulness

  • @DesignDad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871988#Comment_2871988

    Such a good point that I went and double-checked my notes.

    "Z" Block now applies Hemorrhage for 90 seconds. I need to update the patch notes draft! Thanks for asking and making me double-check!

    This is the first time I've saw you, and gotta say I am loving the name DesignDad.

    Daddy Designer, Kurri likes.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2874269#Comment_2874269

    The Patch Notes won't be out until the PTB is released.

    Yeah... I figured that out seconds after posting it and now I feel like an idiot lmao

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2874737#Comment_2874737

    Yeah... I figured that out seconds after posting it and now I feel like an idiot lmao

    hahah no need to feel silly - it's the excitement of our Legion update!!

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2875513#Comment_2875513

    hahah no need to feel silly - it's the excitement of our Legion update!!

    Oh and feel free to let the legion mains know if there's anything that's allowed to be shared before the patch notes actually come out. Don't have to but it'd be cool. Have a good afternoon.

  • Kinda bummed that Freddy, the most boring and sleep inducing killer in the game, who has the worst addons in the entire game, is losing a Unique effect.

    Freddy Players have it rough

  • @DesignDad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871988#Comment_2871988

    Such a good point that I went and double-checked my notes.

    "Z" Block now applies Hemorrhage for 90 seconds. I need to update the patch notes draft! Thanks for asking and making me double-check!

    Do you have enough influence to had over suggestions to the dev team? I really feel like Hemorrhage should keep the increased bleeding frequency and Z-Block should keep the effect on healthy survivors. I would love to see this feedback get into the PTB already so you guys can observe how it performs on PTB already.

    I don't think this is any kind of OP or oppressive as it was already stated in the dev notes, tracking isn't the big deal of Hemorrhage, but those who use it (as seen above with Bloodhound) and I think many new killers can have good use of it as well won't get buffed too hard. And also the Z-Block with this change would imho still not be worth a rare addon. And regarding the feedback I saw so far in the forum, I think there are people agreeing with me rather than anyone disagreeing

  • @DesignDad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871988#Comment_2871988

    Such a good point that I went and double-checked my notes.

    "Z" Block now applies Hemorrhage for 90 seconds. I need to update the patch notes draft! Thanks for asking and making me double-check!

    That's fair but when are you going to let us apply Hemorrhage while using Legion's Ability. :D

    Thanks for giving us answers :)

  • @DesignDad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871988#Comment_2871988

    Such a good point that I went and double-checked my notes.

    "Z" Block now applies Hemorrhage for 90 seconds. I need to update the patch notes draft! Thanks for asking and making me double-check!

    You seem new to the forums given the post count...

    Hello! Good luck and have fun!