Imagine a timeline where Boons don't exist

I was thinking about it and my god, Pentimento + NOED would be absolutely unfair.

Actually just Pentimento in general would be insane if Boons didn't exist but yeah.

On one hand I love boons but on another it makes me sad that dull totems are more for survivors than killers now lol

Share your thoughts idk

Comments

  • I'm imagining a timeline where anything garbage put into the game over the past 2 years doesn't exist

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I'm imagining a timeline where anything garbage put into the game over the past 2 years doesn't exist

    2022-2020 = 2 years

    Legion released in 2019.

    old legion was removed in 2020.

    mfw old legion would still exist

  • I mean I have actually taken a liking to playing Plague because of Boons games just feel balanced.


    Also it's not Boons it's just healing in general Medkits, Perks and Boon are all a problem its just now people are noticing because of COH.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    I mean I have actually taken a liking to playing Plague because of Boons games just feel balanced.

    Also it's not Boons it's just healing in general Medkits, Perks and Boon are all a problem its just now people are noticing because of COH.

    This is why I love playing her / am happy she's the character that got me into the game lol

    Being able to invalidate CoH is so good but it's only her that can do that sadly.

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870302#Comment_2870302

    This is why I love playing her / am happy she's the character that got me into the game lol

    Being able to invalidate CoH is so good but it's only her that can do that sadly.

    Yeah she just has the ability to say okay you want to heal that's fine but you're gonna let me damage you in return with my pools.

  • People were barely cleansing totems before boons released. Hence why all the complaints about noed.

    The perk would have still barely saw play without other newer hex perks like Plaything that generate hexes to try and force survivors to cleanse.

  • I wish they never added boons so much. For years people have said killers have too much to deal with and survivors need a secondary objective and what we got was even more ######### to make killers deal with while also breaking the game in the form of CoH.

  • I like to imagine old ruin and old undying together.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I like to imagine old ruin and old undying together.

    please no

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I like to imagine old ruin and old undying together.

    Flashbacks to gen tapping

  • Do you remember the dark ages when "exhaustion perks" were just a cooldown and hook sabotages were permanent? Pepper Ridge farm remembers...

  • Imagine if instead of boons, parkour became a thing. I'm talking like jumping and sliding.

  • @Weasdat said:

    I wish they never added boons so much. For years people have said killers have too much to deal with and survivors need a secondary objective and what we got was even more ######### to make killers deal with while also breaking the game in the form of CoH.

    It's incredible isn't it

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870295#Comment_2870295

    2022-2020 = 2 years

    Legion released in 2019.

    old legion was removed in 2020.

    mfw old legion would still exist

    and old moris, imagine matches with old legion and old moris (not to be confused with old old moris), you get 1 hook and you don't get to play the game, you get nothing

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870298#Comment_2870298

    and old moris, imagine matches with old legion and old moris (not to be confused with old old moris), you get 1 hook and you don't get to play the game, you get nothing

    yes, as someone who started playing Survivor around that time, it was...unfun

  • Why Pentimento + NOED specifically? Doesn't seem that strong to me.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Why Pentimento + NOED specifically? Doesn't seem that strong to me.

    If survivors cleanse totems to try and prevent NOED the killer can light Pentimento totems. So you're screwed either way was the idea I was thinking of.

  • I like the idea of boons but i feel coh is too strong. The rest are okay or niche.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I like the idea of boons but i feel coh is too strong. The rest are okay or niche.

    This is pretty much my thought on the matter as well.

  • Boons weren't designed that well. It seems like they were just thrown together last second and haven't been properly tested. The two weeks in the first PTB for them (Mikaela's chapter) wasn't enough time to properly tell how they would effect the game.

    I imagine the game would be more enjoyable without Boons and Hex: Pentimento wouldn't be as useless as it is.

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870705#Comment_2870705

    If survivors cleanse totems to try and prevent NOED the killer can light Pentimento totems. So you're screwed either way was the idea I was thinking of.

    Not really. Just wait for NOED to spawn and cleanse it.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I was thinking about it and my god, Pentimento + NOED would be absolutely unfair.

    Actually just Pentimento in general would be insane if Boons didn't exist but yeah.

    On one hand I love boons but on another it makes me sad that dull totems are more for survivors than killers now lol

    Share your thoughts idk

    Please take me to that timeline

  • Why not giving the killers the ability to destroy totems? Non-curse builds are a valid thing because of the luck-based totem placements and map, so killers who don't want luck to be part of their perk build get punished the most, by totems being completely useless to them while they can't prevent survs from using them over and over again

  • hope that timeline has the hemorrhage rework and will be even better timeline for the killers