My cousin had a epileptic episode from macro flashlights

My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him.

Comments


  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844601#Comment_2844601

    Perhaps that is exactly what we need.

    @FriendlyBubba if it wouldn't upset you too much to do so, could you give us some more context on the situation?

    Me, my cousin and the rest of my family knows that he has epilepsy. We warned him numerous times before but as stubborn as he is, he continues on playing video games. This hasn't been a problem for years because he choose his games carefully and he plays on his own time. I was downstairs when I heard a loud bang coming from upstairs, so I checked upstairs to see what's going on. I was completely in shock when I opened my cousin's door because I saw him on the ground twitching and foaming. I was scared as hell but I knew what I had to do in this situation, so I put him on his side, so he doesn't choke because his tongue could block his airway because he was unconscious and that relaxes the tongues' muscles.

    I screamed my mom to call for an ambulance and she did as fast as she could. They arrived quickly and I did whatever I could to assist my cousin. I will not let him die.

    Last time my cousin woke up from the hospital, he remembers when the survivors turned on and off their flashlights really fast. I didn't know about this and neither did he. I did some research and to my conclusion, it was survivors on PC using a macro program to use their flashlights at inhumane speeds.

    When I got home, I made this post out of frustration. As you can see, I was pissed off, but I really don't know who to blame here... the survivors or BHVR? I couldn't blame my cousin because he didn't know, and I couldn't blame myself for this because I never knew and I never had any of this in all of my matches.

    Someone said that I'm a veteran player? This is not true. I barely played dead by daylight and I stopped playing for almost a month now, as I owned this game since December 2021 on Christmas. I don't find it fun anymore and now that I experienced this horrid event, I'll never put a single thought into this game for the rest of my life. I'll occasionally jump on the DbD forums just to read, post or comment, but that's about it.

  • This silence is defeaning. Nothing to say BHVR? 9 pages so far yet nothing?Come out of the caves and respond

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    This silence is defeaning. Nothing to say BHVR? 9 pages so far yet nothing?Come out of the caves and respond

    image.png

    ..

    image.png
  • This content has been removed.
  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844525#Comment_2844525

    Really doesn't matter what you think, honestly. Courts will inevitably decide and there is really no precedent for behavior to win if it goes to that. Sorry. Behavior is objectively at fault. Your entire logic relies on this idea people with epilepsy cannot play any game at all, which is a lie. Why is this game different from every other game? Because the devs cannot program? The game objectively causes more issues for epilepsy than any other game and must legally have a warning, as any ride would. I'd just put the warning rather than risk my rinky dink game company going to court and also getting dragged through the mud in media.

    "HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WOULD GIVE HIM A SEIZURE BECAUSE ALL GAMES GIVE PEOPLE WITH PHOTO SENSITIVITY SEIZURES!" You have given zero logic as to why a person would assume DBD has worse photo sensitive issues than any other game. Your entire argument relies on the idea photo sensitive people cannot play games and should not and should know that when that isn't true. I have no idea why you speak so passionately about a condition you clearly have no understanding of at all. If you don't want to reiterate, then don't come back to the thread. It's clear most people disagree with you and aren't going to agree, and you're just digging this hole deeper and deeper. And yes, you get accomodation for neglect which this objectively is.

    Ok, i have to ask. do you have anny proof that this game causes more issues with epilepsy than other games? Do you have numbers to proof that, or did you just make that up? Since you says its objectively, there should be some proof, shouldn´t it?

  • In regards to the flashlights I think having a cooldown period of 1 second between uses is probably the easiest fix for the issue. You're gonna be using them to mostly blind the killer anyway so there's no real reason for you to be clicking them every half second.

  • I'm really sorry to hear this, I hope your cousin is ok and doing well.

    I really hope that they do make a change to flashlight macros and Doctor's power. They really need to put a flash warning on the game.

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844612#Comment_2844612

    Me, my cousin and the rest of my family knows that he has epilepsy. We warned him numerous times before but as stubborn as he is, he continues on playing video games. This hasn't been a problem for years because he choose his games carefully and he plays on his own time. I was downstairs when I heard a loud bang coming from upstairs, so I checked upstairs to see what's going on. I was completely in shock when I opened my cousin's door because I saw him on the ground twitching and foaming. I was scared as hell but I knew what I had to do in this situation, so I put him on his side, so he doesn't choke because his tongue could block his airway because he was unconscious and that relaxes the tongues' muscles.

    I screamed my mom to call for an ambulance and she did as fast as she could. They arrived quickly and I did whatever I could to assist my cousin. I will not let him die.

    Last time my cousin woke up from the hospital, he remembers when the survivors turned on and off their flashlights really fast. I didn't know about this and neither did he. I did some research and to my conclusion, it was survivors on PC using a macro program to use their flashlights at inhumane speeds.

    When I got home, I made this post out of frustration. As you can see, I was pissed off, but I really don't know who to blame here... the survivors or BHVR? I couldn't blame my cousin because he didn't know, and I couldn't blame myself for this because I never knew and I never had any of this in all of my matches.

    Someone said that I'm a veteran player? This is not true. I barely played dead by daylight and I stopped playing for almost a month now, as I owned this game since December 2021 on Christmas. I don't find it fun anymore and now that I experienced this horrid event, I'll never put a single thought into this game for the rest of my life. I'll occasionally jump on the DbD forums just to read, post or comment, but that's about it.

    Thank you

  • @MandyTalk sorry for the ping but can we have any info if the respective parts of bhvr are trying to solve this type of issue or at least planning on adding warnings

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844612#Comment_2844612

    Me, my cousin and the rest of my family knows that he has epilepsy. We warned him numerous times before but as stubborn as he is, he continues on playing video games. This hasn't been a problem for years because he choose his games carefully and he plays on his own time. I was downstairs when I heard a loud bang coming from upstairs, so I checked upstairs to see what's going on. I was completely in shock when I opened my cousin's door because I saw him on the ground twitching and foaming. I was scared as hell but I knew what I had to do in this situation, so I put him on his side, so he doesn't choke because his tongue could block his airway because he was unconscious and that relaxes the tongues' muscles.

    I screamed my mom to call for an ambulance and she did as fast as she could. They arrived quickly and I did whatever I could to assist my cousin. I will not let him die.

    Last time my cousin woke up from the hospital, he remembers when the survivors turned on and off their flashlights really fast. I didn't know about this and neither did he. I did some research and to my conclusion, it was survivors on PC using a macro program to use their flashlights at inhumane speeds.

    When I got home, I made this post out of frustration. As you can see, I was pissed off, but I really don't know who to blame here... the survivors or BHVR? I couldn't blame my cousin because he didn't know, and I couldn't blame myself for this because I never knew and I never had any of this in all of my matches.

    Someone said that I'm a veteran player? This is not true. I barely played dead by daylight and I stopped playing for almost a month now, as I owned this game since December 2021 on Christmas. I don't find it fun anymore and now that I experienced this horrid event, I'll never put a single thought into this game for the rest of my life. I'll occasionally jump on the DbD forums just to read, post or comment, but that's about it.

    Yeah It's reasonable for you two to not know about flashlight macros as unless you watch dbd videos you will rarely encounter them heck I only encountered two that wasn't cheaters(I expect all cheaters to have the super flashlight clicking)during my entire time in the fog


    Hopefully they will add a way to stop the macros in the future

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2845271#Comment_2845271

    Ok, i have to ask. do you have anny proof that this game causes more issues with epilepsy than other games? Do you have numbers to proof that, or did you just make that up? Since you says its objectively, there should be some proof, shouldn´t it?

    I'm not OP but to answer you're question; probably not. However it's easy to understand how it can happen.

    What winds me up about it is that it serves no purpose in the game the macro flashlighting; it's purely for trolling. If it was an integral part of the game that caused seizures then I could see the potential dilemma but the fact is it's not. Something used for trolling that's gone on for years and easy to fix is causing this. BHVR as usual consumed by silence

  • Flashlight clicking is fun for survivors, they're never going to change it lol

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844612#Comment_2844612

    Me, my cousin and the rest of my family knows that he has epilepsy. We warned him numerous times before but as stubborn as he is, he continues on playing video games. This hasn't been a problem for years because he choose his games carefully and he plays on his own time. I was downstairs when I heard a loud bang coming from upstairs, so I checked upstairs to see what's going on. I was completely in shock when I opened my cousin's door because I saw him on the ground twitching and foaming. I was scared as hell but I knew what I had to do in this situation, so I put him on his side, so he doesn't choke because his tongue could block his airway because he was unconscious and that relaxes the tongues' muscles.

    I screamed my mom to call for an ambulance and she did as fast as she could. They arrived quickly and I did whatever I could to assist my cousin. I will not let him die.

    Last time my cousin woke up from the hospital, he remembers when the survivors turned on and off their flashlights really fast. I didn't know about this and neither did he. I did some research and to my conclusion, it was survivors on PC using a macro program to use their flashlights at inhumane speeds.

    When I got home, I made this post out of frustration. As you can see, I was pissed off, but I really don't know who to blame here... the survivors or BHVR? I couldn't blame my cousin because he didn't know, and I couldn't blame myself for this because I never knew and I never had any of this in all of my matches.

    Someone said that I'm a veteran player? This is not true. I barely played dead by daylight and I stopped playing for almost a month now, as I owned this game since December 2021 on Christmas. I don't find it fun anymore and now that I experienced this horrid event, I'll never put a single thought into this game for the rest of my life. I'll occasionally jump on the DbD forums just to read, post or comment, but that's about it.

    I am very sorry for what your cousin and your family experienced and hope they recover from this.

    but I also hope you all learned from this. Because apparently your cousin didn’t choose the game well and didn’t inform themselves about the problems this game has regarding epilepsy. A simple google search shows plenty of user complaints about this very issue. And.. this is just an assumption but it seems like your cousin is also not old enough to play this game…


    also you have been called a ‚veteran player‘ just based on your forum activity, as you have many posts and I assume have been a user for a long time already. No one can prove one way or another however but it’s very unlikely you haven’t seen a thread about DbD and epilepsy issues as it’s a pretty common topic. But dubio pro reo - you can’t really be accused here as long as you haven’t posted in one of those topics.


    don’t get me wrong - BHVR is to blame here. A warning is the LEAST they should add. But let’s be real here: your stubborn cousin would have probably still played the game.

    and yeah best case would be that BHVR gets rid of flashlight Macro ability as well as fast clicking in general.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2847069#Comment_2847069

    Yeah It's reasonable for you two to not know about flashlight macros as unless you watch dbd videos you will rarely encounter them heck I only encountered two that wasn't cheaters(I expect all cheaters to have the super flashlight clicking)during my entire time in the fog

    Hopefully they will add a way to stop the macros in the future

    Yeah I've played 1500hrs and haven't ran into a flashlight macros once only reason I know about is through the forums.

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844612#Comment_2844612

    Me, my cousin and the rest of my family knows that he has epilepsy. We warned him numerous times before but as stubborn as he is, he continues on playing video games. This hasn't been a problem for years because he choose his games carefully and he plays on his own time. I was downstairs when I heard a loud bang coming from upstairs, so I checked upstairs to see what's going on. I was completely in shock when I opened my cousin's door because I saw him on the ground twitching and foaming. I was scared as hell but I knew what I had to do in this situation, so I put him on his side, so he doesn't choke because his tongue could block his airway because he was unconscious and that relaxes the tongues' muscles.

    I screamed my mom to call for an ambulance and she did as fast as she could. They arrived quickly and I did whatever I could to assist my cousin. I will not let him die.

    Last time my cousin woke up from the hospital, he remembers when the survivors turned on and off their flashlights really fast. I didn't know about this and neither did he. I did some research and to my conclusion, it was survivors on PC using a macro program to use their flashlights at inhumane speeds.

    When I got home, I made this post out of frustration. As you can see, I was pissed off, but I really don't know who to blame here... the survivors or BHVR? I couldn't blame my cousin because he didn't know, and I couldn't blame myself for this because I never knew and I never had any of this in all of my matches.

    Someone said that I'm a veteran player? This is not true. I barely played dead by daylight and I stopped playing for almost a month now, as I owned this game since December 2021 on Christmas. I don't find it fun anymore and now that I experienced this horrid event, I'll never put a single thought into this game for the rest of my life. I'll occasionally jump on the DbD forums just to read, post or comment, but that's about it.

    @Voodoo_Thirsty so apparently the OP didn't know about macros being a thing and they DID warn their cousin and they DID walk in as I assumed.

    All your points have been made redundant. Neither the OP nor the cousin knew about flashlight macros, making BHVR the only one at fault for not putting a photosensitivity warning.


    @FriendlyBubba I sincerely hope your cousin won't have seizures again (or at least, as little as possible). One of my former friends had epilepsy and they really went through some ######### before they started taking medication. At one point, she got a 15 cm cut on her back that she needed stiching for. She just got in the bathtub then woke up in bed by her parents with that cut on her back.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2847069#Comment_2847069

    @Voodoo_Thirsty so apparently the OP didn't know about macros being a thing and they DID warn their cousin and they DID walk in as I assumed.

    All your points have been made redundant. Neither the OP nor the cousin knew about flashlight macros, making BHVR the only one at fault for not putting a photosensitivity warning.

    @FriendlyBubba I sincerely hope your cousin won't have seizures again (or at least, as little as possible). One of my former friends had epilepsy and they really went through some ######### before they started taking medication. At one point, she got a 15 cm cut on her back that she needed stiching for. She just got in the bathtub then woke up in bed by her parents with that cut on her back.

    Ever think about laying this thread to rest?

    So what you got a few things right. Want a cookie?

    I still have legit points that criticize epileptics playing a dangerous game like DBD. And like the OP said, if they already warned the cousin about playing games like DBD in the first place, then that's the cousin's fault for making a dumb decision despite everybody's warnings.

    Maybe next time, he learns to stay away from games like DBD.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2847921#Comment_2847921

    Ever think about laying this thread to rest?

    So what you got a few things right. Want a cookie?

    I still have legit points that criticize epileptics playing a dangerous game like DBD. And like the OP said, if they already warned the cousin about playing games like DBD in the first place, then that's the cousin's fault for making a dumb decision despite everybody's warnings.

    Maybe next time, he learns to stay away from games like DBD.

    I think you still missed the part about dbd having no epilepsy warning and the cousin not knowing about macros.

    "Games like DBD" - Tell me, if you see some gameplay of a game where four people run away from a serial killer, should you be expected to know that the game is very likely to trigger your photosensitive epilepsy?

    I don't want a cookie, but I just want to feel the satisfaction of saying "told you" to the person that wrote like 8-9 pages of unnecessary accusations on the OP and cousin.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2847928#Comment_2847928

    I think you still missed the part about dbd having no epilepsy warning and the cousin not knowing about macros.

    "Games like DBD" - Tell me, if you see some gameplay of a game where four people run away from a serial killer, should you be expected to know that the game is very likely to trigger your photosensitive epilepsy?

    I don't want a cookie, but I just want to feel the satisfaction of saying "told you" to the person that wrote like 8-9 pages of unnecessary accusations on the OP and cousin.

    LOL, okay PukenPlag. You got me in a few points you made in the long 9 pages. Congratz. 😄

    And I'm literally giving the benefit of the doubt in trusting the words of the OP completely.

    Tell me, if you see some gameplay of a game where four people run away from a serial killer, should you be expected to know that the game is very likely to trigger your photosensitive epilepsy?

    No, but if you see a game that's literally so dark that even a small hint of light could irritate your eyes, plus you know you're epileptic, that should be a red flag from the get go.

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844612#Comment_2844612

    Me, my cousin and the rest of my family knows that he has epilepsy. We warned him numerous times before but as stubborn as he is, he continues on playing video games. This hasn't been a problem for years because he choose his games carefully and he plays on his own time. I was downstairs when I heard a loud bang coming from upstairs, so I checked upstairs to see what's going on. I was completely in shock when I opened my cousin's door because I saw him on the ground twitching and foaming. I was scared as hell but I knew what I had to do in this situation, so I put him on his side, so he doesn't choke because his tongue could block his airway because he was unconscious and that relaxes the tongues' muscles.

    I screamed my mom to call for an ambulance and she did as fast as she could. They arrived quickly and I did whatever I could to assist my cousin. I will not let him die.

    Last time my cousin woke up from the hospital, he remembers when the survivors turned on and off their flashlights really fast. I didn't know about this and neither did he. I did some research and to my conclusion, it was survivors on PC using a macro program to use their flashlights at inhumane speeds.

    When I got home, I made this post out of frustration. As you can see, I was pissed off, but I really don't know who to blame here... the survivors or BHVR? I couldn't blame my cousin because he didn't know, and I couldn't blame myself for this because I never knew and I never had any of this in all of my matches.

    Someone said that I'm a veteran player? This is not true. I barely played dead by daylight and I stopped playing for almost a month now, as I owned this game since December 2021 on Christmas. I don't find it fun anymore and now that I experienced this horrid event, I'll never put a single thought into this game for the rest of my life. I'll occasionally jump on the DbD forums just to read, post or comment, but that's about it.

    So everyone knew it.You cousin was warned but he didnt knew he had a illness? "He choose his game carefully"

    Something doesnt fix.he knew it or not?

  • They should definitely add a warning if they don't intend to do anything about those flashlights. However in your particular situation I doubt that an in game warning would have prevented this since you had already warned your cousin about this and he still decided to play anyway.

  • I'll say from a killer perspective, the blinding feature is horrible on a person's eyes. Rather the screen go black than bright white/yellow.

    Oh, and how does one blind Pyramid Head? He has no eyes.


    Flashlights need fixed. This can be a lawsuit as there is no epilepsy warning at the beginning of the game. I know I can't click a real flashlight that fast.

  • If I were the community manager and read this, I would instantly bring it to the attention of upper management, who would probably then advice me to not say anything. Even if I were told by them to inform players of what their current intentions are, I would probably still have to wait until the legal team can review every single word first. As they should.

    The OP probably should not have written any of these details about his cousin's circumstance either. This matter should be immediately settled in a court of law, not in some forum full of children. If everything OP says is true, then it's no longer just a matter of "quality of life" changes for the game to appease a bunch of videogame players, it's become a health and safety issue that could end up in someone's death. I'm sure if his cousin was taken to an emergency care and had to be monitored for couple of days, then the hospital bill for the parents is nothing to laugh at either, even with insurance. If the OP is lying, or if there were some negligence on the part of his cousin (for example, I know that some seizure medications like Keppra has a much stricter window of time that has to be given than most other medications - was his cousin responsibly taking at the correct times?) then that BHVR can probably (and should) countersue for libel. 

    If the parents of his cousin has not done so yet, this is what's written on BHVR's Terms of Use - hopefully they can take action as quickly as possible:

    B.   Informal Negotiations

    To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to the Terms of Use or any other Overall Terms (“Dispute”), you and BHVR agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least 30 days before initiating any court proceeding. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one person to the other. BHVR will send its notice to your billing address (if provided) and email you a copy to the email address you have provided to us. You agree to send your notice to Behaviour Interactive Inc., 500-6666 Saint-Urbain, Montreal (Quebec) H2S 3H1, Canada, Attn: Legal Department with a copy via email to [email protected].

    https://www.bhvr.com/terms-of-use/

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2847928#Comment_2847928

    I think you still missed the part about dbd having no epilepsy warning and the cousin not knowing about macros.

    "Games like DBD" - Tell me, if you see some gameplay of a game where four people run away from a serial killer, should you be expected to know that the game is very likely to trigger your photosensitive epilepsy?

    I don't want a cookie, but I just want to feel the satisfaction of saying "told you" to the person that wrote like 8-9 pages of unnecessary accusations on the OP and cousin.

    Im still with @Voodoo_Thirsty on this one. Regardless they made very solid points.

  • I feel horrible for asking what I'm about to ask... There are a lot of troll posts on this forum. Did this really happen?

  • @AnchorTea said:

    I feel horrible for asking what I'm about to ask... There are a lot of troll posts on this forum. Did this really happen?

    does it really matter if it happened?

    it easily could have, and BHVR didn’t add a warning while aware of this issue for a long time. And they haven’t fixed it nor have they actually replied to this issue afaik. And they have actually replied to and fixed issues with the Onryo and photosensitivity issues on PTB,..

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him.

    Oh geez I’m so sorry to hear that and I hope your cousin is feeling better. I know normally don’t share this all the time but I know it sucks to see someone you care about who has epilepsy cause I have a younger sister who has it and me and family make sure to watch her in cause she has any episodes. But yeah I totally get it and I know it’s scary so I know how you feel. But if you need anything let me know cause me and my family deal with that almost all the time due to my younger’s sister’s issue.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2848670#Comment_2848670

    does it really matter if it happened?

    it easily could have, and BHVR didn’t add a warning while aware of this issue for a long time. And they haven’t fixed it nor have they actually replied to this issue afaik. And they have actually replied to and fixed issues with the Onryo and photosensitivity issues on PTB,..

    Yes it could happen but its also pretty bad to lie about a serious event to warrant a change for a game.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837505#Comment_2837505

    But something as minimal as the Doctor's electrics or lighting in some maps should not cause anything too severe even if you have photosensitive/epileptic people. And if you say it could then those people should stay away from video games to begin with.

    What I'm criticizing is that the OP is blaming the game/players for macro flashlight clicking when he/she KNEW that such things were to happen regardless of whether or not the game had a warning sign.

    He/she should've known better.

    You act like its too much to add a SIMPLE WARING, which is the standart for most games and movies nowdays.

  • @AnchorTea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2848683#Comment_2848683

    Yes it could happen but its also pretty bad to lie about a serious event to warrant a change for a game.

    Atleast the change could prevent real scenarios then.

  • @Araphex said:

    I'll say from a killer perspective, the blinding feature is horrible on a person's eyes. Rather the screen go black than bright white/yellow.

    Oh, and how does one blind Pyramid Head? He has no eyes.

    Flashlights need fixed. This can be a lawsuit as there is no epilepsy warning at the beginning of the game. I know I can't click a real flashlight that fast.

    How you blind Sadako he haves a curtain of hair on his face.

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2847271#Comment_2847271

    I'm not OP but to answer you're question; probably not. However it's easy to understand how it can happen.

    What winds me up about it is that it serves no purpose in the game the macro flashlighting; it's purely for trolling. If it was an integral part of the game that caused seizures then I could see the potential dilemma but the fact is it's not. Something used for trolling that's gone on for years and easy to fix is causing this. BHVR as usual consumed by silence

    The point was the claim made, because epileptic episodes can come from more than just flashing lights, like gaming sessions going on for too long. I know people having seizures from raiding too long in wow. By sheer player numbers, i think a game like wow would have much more cases than dbd ever could have.

    The other point is that i sincerly belive a lot of people in this thread just hop onto the waggon to get something that they find annoying patched out of the game, rather than being genuine concerned about health issues. And dont get me wrong, i find it annoying myself and dont care if its gone. but i do care about people feigning sympathy while just ridding their own agenda.

    @FriendlyBubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844612#Comment_2844612

    Me, my cousin and the rest of my family knows that he has epilepsy. We warned him numerous times before but as stubborn as he is, he continues on playing video games. This hasn't been a problem for years because he choose his games carefully and he plays on his own time. I was downstairs when I heard a loud bang coming from upstairs, so I checked upstairs to see what's going on. I was completely in shock when I opened my cousin's door because I saw him on the ground twitching and foaming. I was scared as hell but I knew what I had to do in this situation, so I put him on his side, so he doesn't choke because his tongue could block his airway because he was unconscious and that relaxes the tongues' muscles.

    I screamed my mom to call for an ambulance and she did as fast as she could. They arrived quickly and I did whatever I could to assist my cousin. I will not let him die.

    Last time my cousin woke up from the hospital, he remembers when the survivors turned on and off their flashlights really fast. I didn't know about this and neither did he. I did some research and to my conclusion, it was survivors on PC using a macro program to use their flashlights at inhumane speeds.

    When I got home, I made this post out of frustration. As you can see, I was pissed off, but I really don't know who to blame here... the survivors or BHVR? I couldn't blame my cousin because he didn't know, and I couldn't blame myself for this because I never knew and I never had any of this in all of my matches.

    Someone said that I'm a veteran player? This is not true. I barely played dead by daylight and I stopped playing for almost a month now, as I owned this game since December 2021 on Christmas. I don't find it fun anymore and now that I experienced this horrid event, I'll never put a single thought into this game for the rest of my life. I'll occasionally jump on the DbD forums just to read, post or comment, but that's about it.

    Thanks for clarifying. I think the only one here that is at fault is the devs, not for allowing it, but for not having a warning about this at the game in any way.

    I hope your cousin will be well again soon. And if it helps, from my experience, even avoiding triggers dont always help. I had 2 friends who both where epileptics, and while one of them avoided all possible triggers (he never drank alcohol, never went out dancing, never played "hectic" video games, and wouldnt even ride a bike) he had just as many severe episodes as the other friend, who drank alcohol and did went out a lot (however, when she had her episodes, she usually was much more exposed, for example it happend to her from traffic lights in the evening while she was riding a bike, leading to her having an accident, or while she was dancing in a club. Thats why you always had to take notice of what she was doing).

  • No offense but why is your brother playing a game where there are constant flashing lights. It's like going to a rave on purpose.

  • @Oscarnator said:

    No offense but why is your brother playing a game where there are constant flashing lights. It's like going to a rave on purpose.

    I believe that it´s BHVRs responsibility to get rid of the unintended use of flashlights. There´s a difference between using it to blind and using it to annoy.

    Doctor and Sadako cannot spam their effects with a macro.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zixLPo3s4o8&ab_channel=GuuchanCh.%E3%82%B0%E3%82%A6%E3%81%A1%E3%82%83%E3%82%93


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The way some people here on this forum defend BHVR with walls and walls of mental gymnastics texts I'm 100% sure they get paid.

    Not one person in this thread defended BHVR for not having a warning or fixing or at least acknowledging the problem though?

  • This content has been removed.
1 … 4 5 6 ›