My cousin had a epileptic episode from macro flashlights

My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him.

Comments

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838429#Comment_2838429

    Frankly I haven’t read your whole post (and I was kinda wondering if you actually meant to tag me as most stuff I have mentioned myself) but something caught my eyes:

    I absolutely cannot stand when people blame the victim in regards to any type of illness or disability

    its not blaming if people say that a person has to take precaution on their own. That doesn’t mean the person gets blamed or that the company isn’t to blame at all.

    and again neither I nor anyone ever said that a warning shouldn’t be added or that BHVR shouldn’t fix the flashlight issues. I am actually Someone that is pretty much permanently asking for accessibility options and settings in all regards and have mentioned it often in my feedback for the devs.

    I mean, there absolutely was some strong blaming going on in this thread.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838435#Comment_2838435

    that line was the tldr response to your post. You know that the vast majority of games have a near non-existant chance to cause any symptoms in any forms of epilepsy, right? Many people rely on those warnings to not only find out what the potential triggers are before playing, but also some people use them to set up "test sessions" with other people who can take care of them during any type of reaction that might happen. If people had to research every single game (let alone ones that evolve over time) it would be enough to make most just quit playing games entirely. There are actually even sites designed to review accessibility in games, and they often look specifically for those things to clarify for the readers. Flashlight macros are not an intentional part of the game, so they wouldn't even be found in those reviews. Likewise, things like the flashlight blind effect have changed over time, so their answer in 2018 might be different than in 2020. The onus is entirely on the company creating and/or maintaining the product.

    Note how I was one of the voices about how much colorblindness was overlooked in the game (both in design and options) for a long ass time, but thats because things like colorblindness generally can't affect the end user's physical health. I share part of the blame for playing a game that has poor (upgraded from non-existent!) colorblindness accommodation. The impact to my health is null, and it is something that is not related to external stimuli causing harm. While I might very much want them to improve the accommodation provided, even when there was none it was harmless.

    Once potential harm comes into the equation, the formula becomes more binary. If the worst that happened was a minor headache, it would still be shared (though obviously shifted) and the worse the possible consequences, the more the party that can cause harm through negligence is solely to blame. Especially since, again, these problems can fall through the cracks of even their own research.

    Agreeing with the other stuff I discussed is great and all, but again, victim blaming not only makes the situation far worse for them, but in cases like this isn't even remotely accurate.

    Videogames and computer use in general always are risky for people with epilepsy as there might be technological issues with graphic/sound cards that can cause major problems. Let the game/pc just freeze in the wrong moment and you get a repeated high pitch sound and a flickering monitor. and a multiplayer pvp game that already has some flickering lights and flashlights as well as doctor visuals etc are risky and even without a warning that shouldn’t be a surprise for anyone.

    this i not a near-non existent chance.


    and I am not defending the lack of warnings or a fix or some kind of acknowledgment from the devs. Those are needed. And I don’t want to blame the victims but at some point people have to take care for themselves and should not solely rely on there being the appropriate warning even though it’s obvious that those issues exist.

    if for example I have a peanut allergy I will not solely rely on the label if it says something contains peanuts. Especially not if I can see some peanuts in the product or know from others that the product contains peanuts. The label would still be needed but… I won’t just eat it and then act like I couldn’t know any better

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838435#Comment_2838435

    I mean, there absolutely was some strong blaming going on in this thread.

    i guess it depends on someone’s definition of blaming. I would say it’s not blaming when saying people that suffer from epilepsy should not solely rely on warnings but take some precautions and inform themselves if a videogame might be risky for them.

    actually even I do that to some extent without even suffering from any kind of photosensitivity or anything similar…

  • I can't tell if half the people blaming the epileptic person here are people not wanting to have their clicky clicky taken away or people with no sense of empathy.

    Fym "proof" bruh. Give a warning for epileptic people and/or remove the things that do cause problems. Something that should've been done weeks after the game released.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    I can't tell if half the people blaming the epileptic person here are people not wanting to have their clicky clicky taken away or people with no sense of empathy.

    Fym "proof" bruh. Give a warning for epileptic people and/or remove the things that do cause problems. Something that should've been done weeks after the game released.

    Literally no one said the flashlight issues should stay as they are.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838489#Comment_2838489

    Literally no one said the flashlight issues should stay as they are.

    This is the annoying part of this whole thread, that we pretty much all agree on that but it veered off onto a discussion of personal/familial responsibility around one specific incident, when this will happen again anyway.

    @MandyTalk could we get a dev response on addressing this issue at some point in the near future?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838479#Comment_2838479

    i guess it depends on someone’s definition of blaming. I would say it’s not blaming when saying people that suffer from epilepsy should not solely rely on warnings but take some precautions and inform themselves if a videogame might be risky for them.

    actually even I do that to some extent without even suffering from any kind of photosensitivity or anything similar…

    I would consider it blaming when someone actively says something to the extent of "It's your fault." Which was said in this thread.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838484#Comment_2838484

    I would consider it blaming when someone actively says something to the extent of "It's your fault." Which was said in this thread.

    As I said, probably it’s just me having a different definition on blaming. And no one said the person is to blame completely on their own and everyone agreed BHVR is to blame partly as well.

    also the phrase ‚victim blaming‘ is something I find very much not fitting because i associate it with other topics and it’s kinda downplaying those cases..


    @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838493#Comment_2838493

    This is the annoying part of this whole thread, that we pretty much all agree on that but it veered off onto a discussion of personal/familial responsibility around one specific incident, when this will happen again anyway.

    @MandyTalk could we get a dev response on addressing this issue at some point in the near future?

    Completely agree here.

    (I really hope some kind of warning will be added tomorrow btw, as there have been issues raised and acknowledged by BHVR regarding the new killer and photosensitivity)

  • Speaking of things that have changed in line with accessibility and such, It's weird to think that flashlights blinds used to actually turn your screen completely white back in the day

    Must've sucked to be a Killer main back then

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838503#Comment_2838503

    As I said, probably it’s just me having a different definition on blaming. And no one said the person is to blame completely on their own and everyone agreed BHVR is to blame partly as well.

    also the phrase ‚victim blaming‘ is something I find very much not fitting because i associate it with other topics and it’s kinda downplaying those cases..

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838502#Comment_2838502

    Completely agree here.

    (I really hope some kind of warning will be added tomorrow btw, as there have been issues raised and acknowledged by BHVR regarding the new killer and photosensitivity)

    The exact phrase was "That's the OP's fault, not BHVR's." How does that not meet the definition of blaming?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838484#Comment_2838484

    I would consider it blaming when someone actively says something to the extent of "It's your fault." Which was said in this thread.

    As the sole individual who partook/started the very conversation, yes I did blame the OP and it was well-justified.

    Look, "blaming", though I call it genuine criticism isn't always bad. In fact, I could've just glanced at the topic and could've just surfed away. I mean, who cares if some nobody's cousin on the internet dies from an epileptic seizure right? Doesn't affect me personally. It's just another death out of the 300 deaths that occur every year regarding epilepsy.


    But I do care for the epileptic cousin. I do care about the incident. And what made me mad is that is was completely avoidable if the OP was caring enough to restrain his epileptic cousin from playing a game like DBD which has:

    • Darker atmosphere than most games (which worsens the chances of preventing the seizure).
    • Relies heavily on flashlights that shines the screen.
    • And has no warning sign to begin with.

    And the OP knowing, KNOWING all this as a veteran DBD player and also KNOWING his epileptic cousin is going into it without knowing the consequences is mind boggling for me.


    What I'm trying to do is to let the OP know that what he did was wrong and that the same thing could happen to something that's NOT related to DBD if the people around him aren't looking out for him.

    Pity Parties aside, this is an actual serious issue in regards to life or death situations. Grow up and put on a pair.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838514#Comment_2838514

    The exact phrase was "That's the OP's fault, not BHVR's." How does that not meet the definition of blaming?

    Same goes to the OP, a player that should know that DBD CAN cause epileptic seizures due to the nature of having toggleable flashlights. Unless the OP was a newbie that didn't even know the existence/function of a flashlight, he/she should NOT have brought an epileptic family member to play a game where such outcomes could happen.

    That's the OP's fault, not BHVR's.

    yeah, but that wasn’t a direct response to the OP but under the assumption that the OP brought an epileptic family member to play the game while knowing about the existence/function of a flashlight.

    and that’s not victim blaming as Op wouldn’t be a victim here at all.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838529#Comment_2838529

    Same goes to the OP, a player that should know that DBD CAN cause epileptic seizures due to the nature of having toggleable flashlights. Unless the OP was a newbie that didn't even know the existence/function of a flashlight, he/she should NOT have brought an epileptic family member to play a game where such outcomes could happen.

    That's the OP's fault, not BHVR's.

    yeah, but that wasn’t a direct response to the OP but under the assumption that the OP brought an epileptic family member to play the game while knowing about the existence/function of a flashlight.

    and that’s not victim blaming as Op wouldn’t be a victim here at all.

    The post right above you:

    "yes I did blame the OP and it was well-justified."


    I rest my case.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838545#Comment_2838545

    The post right above you:

    "yes I did blame the OP and it was well-justified."

    I rest my case.

    You read my entire post, processed it and acknolwedged it?

    I'm glad I got through :)

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838557#Comment_2838557

    You read my entire post, processed it and acknolwedged it?

    I'm glad I got through :)

    Nope, I stopped reading after the part that proved me right.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838559#Comment_2838559

    Nope, I stopped reading after the part that proved me right.

    Then your point is moot. lol

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838545#Comment_2838545

    The post right above you:

    "yes I did blame the OP and it was well-justified."

    I rest my case.

    Well. Read the entire post and it’s again under the assumption the OP exposed an epileptic person to a Videogame that they know contains issues for epileptic people.

    its not blaming the victim..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838557#Comment_2838557

    Well. Read the entire post and it’s again under the assumption the OP exposed an epileptic person to a Videogame that they know contains issues for epileptic people.

    its not blaming the victim..

    The person has the time to post over 11k posts but can't take 5 seconds to read even one.

    How ironic.

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him.

    I really hope your cousin gets better. If they don't get rid of those macros, at least they could add some kind of epilepsy mode in the options where flashlights/ blinded screen are a lot less bright or something like that.


    Take care u both <3

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837490#Comment_2837490

    Holy ######### this dude did not just say "Its your fault you're epileptic and have seizures."

    If that's the message you got from my post then I feel bad for your literature teacher.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838557#Comment_2838557

    Well. Read the entire post and it’s again under the assumption the OP exposed an epileptic person to a Videogame that they know contains issues for epileptic people.

    its not blaming the victim..

    I said there was certainly blaming going around. Because there was. Again, I rest my case.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838564#Comment_2838564

    I said there was certainly blaming going around. Because there was. Again, I rest my case.

    LOL hahahahaha

    I mean, Google Chrome's ctrl + F [blame] feature could do the same thing you just did and can do it better actually.

    But, thanks for pointing out the obvious user TAG. 😂

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838564#Comment_2838564

    I said there was certainly blaming going around. Because there was. Again, I rest my case.

    I mean.. if that was your point then sure. No arguments against that.

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him.

    Why is he playing this game if he has epilepsy? Although I do not know if dbd addresses this in its policy

  • It means when an argument holds no value or relevance to the topic therefore is not even worth discussing.


    And why's everyone mad at Voodoo? What he/she said is completely understandable.

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him.

    We been complaining about this for years, and BHVR always leaves it open. When I first got into the game the flashlight blind was insane. This was like 2018ish. Fast forward they tried putting this foggy smoke stuff up when you were blinded....BUT LEFT IN THE GIANT FLASH. Scroll forward to today and its the same thing.


    It took them ages to even put in a color blind feature...

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838503#Comment_2838503

    As the sole individual who partook/started the very conversation, yes I did blame the OP and it was well-justified.

    Look, "blaming", though I call it genuine criticism isn't always bad. In fact, I could've just glanced at the topic and could've just surfed away. I mean, who cares if some nobody's cousin on the internet dies from an epileptic seizure right? Doesn't affect me personally. It's just another death out of the 300 deaths that occur every year regarding epilepsy.

    But I do care for the epileptic cousin. I do care about the incident. And what made me mad is that is was completely avoidable if the OP was caring enough to restrain his epileptic cousin from playing a game like DBD which has:

    • Darker atmosphere than most games (which worsens the chances of preventing the seizure).
    • Relies heavily on flashlights that shines the screen.
    • And has no warning sign to begin with.

    And the OP knowing, KNOWING all this as a veteran DBD player and also KNOWING his epileptic cousin is going into it without knowing the consequences is mind boggling for me.

    What I'm trying to do is to let the OP know that what he did was wrong and that the same thing could happen to something that's NOT related to DBD if the people around him aren't looking out for him.

    Pity Parties aside, this is an actual serious issue in regards to life or death situations. Grow up and put on a pair.

    Bruh....this take is cooked.


    Listen, I don't personally have epilepsy but this game went out of its way a while back ago to fix flashlight blinds so they weren't so bright and dropped the ball. Pointing the finger at the OP when BHVR tried dealing with this before doesn't make a lick of sense. You're cooked m8.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838544#Comment_2838544

    Bruh....this take is cooked.

    Listen, I don't personally have epilepsy but this game went out of its way a while back ago to fix flashlight blinds so they weren't so bright and dropped the ball. Pointing the finger at the OP when BHVR tried dealing with this before doesn't make a lick of sense. You're cooked m8.

    I would like to also add that I did blame BHVR for not implementing an anit-glare mechanic in flashlights and for not having a warning sign before but I won't grudge you for that.

    That said, I'm only blaming the OP for the cousin's sake. Nothing to do with the game whatsoever. That's a whole 'nother story.

  • @KingFieldShipper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838265#Comment_2838265

    "If OP knew he was epileptic and the player knew then they both probably assumed it would be fine since similar events hadn't cauFsed an epileptic episode"

    OP Knew - first few words are literally "My cousin suffers from epilepsy"

    Also, since no one here is offering the epileptic perspective, for what it's worth I asked my partner, who is epileptic, about this topic, and is sort of in agreement with what Voodoo said to a T. That being: a) BHVR needs a warning and/or do something about accessibility on it in general, and b) that OP, an experienced player, should have let them know since the epilepsy was known. Also he really took issue with your comment about assuming things, since it's never a safe assumption if epilepsy is already known.

    And I help take care of my cousin who has autism n is an epileptic no one knows what can make him tick. Like I said, most people don't know until they learn the hard way and this may come as a SHOCK to you but epileptics dont want to live in fear of every screen they see in fear of an episode

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838626#Comment_2838626

    Well great, cuz that's totally NOT what I said. hahaha

    You wasted your breath on that one buddy.

    All you've been saying is "Oh well its not BHVRs fault its yours and your cousins because hes epileptic and you guys should've known better." like how pathetic are you you have to take out your own problems in life on epileptics💀

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838629#Comment_2838629

    All you've been saying is "Oh well its not BHVRs fault its yours and your cousins because hes epileptic and you guys should've known better." like how pathetic are you you have to take out your own problems in life on epileptics💀

    Oh really?

    I would like for you to point out which exact post iterates this claim. I'll be patiently waiting. 😘

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838630#Comment_2838630

    Oh really?

    I would like for you to point out which exact post iterates this claim. I'll be patiently waiting. 😘

    Your first post alone shifts blame from BHVR to the cousin for playing the game while being an epileptic...are you blind or do you not read your own content?

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838623#Comment_2838623

    I would like to also add that I did blame BHVR for not implementing an anit-glare mechanic in flashlights and for not having a warning sign before but I won't grudge you for that.

    That said, I'm only blaming the OP for the cousin's sake. Nothing to do with the game whatsoever. That's a whole 'nother story.

    I get what youre saying. You arent blaming the kid youre pointing out that OP has a responsibility due to him knowing the risks playing the game with that condition could pose.

    But you also still believe that BHVR is part to blame as within the game there are glaring issues pertaining to photosensitivity.

    Im just gonna disagree with you cause the OP is my friend. Not cause of an issue in logic.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837645#Comment_2837645

    Encountering macro users in dbd is really rare(unless it's cheaters) i have only found 2 outside of matches that had cheaters in it also the game has no epilepsy warning

    I just don't get why you're being so hostile towards him for being angry at the situation

    Thats the thing though, you don't have to macro the flashlight to get it to do what happened to the op. You can simply bind it to the mousewheel and spin your mouse wheel. Why they allow those type of binds in a pvp game...I have no idea. But its BHVR we're talking about, foresight is 20/20.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838631#Comment_2838631

    Your first post alone shifts blame from BHVR to the cousin for playing the game while being an epileptic...are you blind or do you not read your own content?

    Take it down a notch princess and I'll be more than happy to take you through this 7 page long journey of a discussion :)

    @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    I have to be blunt here and say that a person with serious epilepsy should not be any where NEAR a game that has a flashlight or anything that allows fast on & off light feature.

    I mean, what was your cousin doing there in the first place? KNOWING DBD has flashlights that could cause something severe.

    Feels more like short thinking on your part as a family member than the game/players' fault.

    That's like me, bringing my cousin to play a clown game when I know he has Coulrophobia and being surprised when I see him foam at the mouth.

    My first post indeed questions the presence of the OP's epileptic cousin there in the first place. BUT I was NOT shifiting the blame like you claim I have.

    @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837498#Comment_2837498

    The game does not inherently have epileptic tendencies to begin with. It's what the players do that causes it. It's not the game's fault for what players do.

    Same goes to the OP, a player that should know that DBD CAN cause epileptic seizures due to the nature of having toggleable flashlights. Unless the OP was a newbie that didn't even know the existence/function of a flashlight, he/she should NOT have brought an epileptic family member to play a game where such outcomes could happen.

    That's the OP's fault, not BHVR's.

    In fact, I go deeper into this topic by saying that the game itself does not cause epilepsy, cuz it doesn't. Really. I then say that it's the players' fault for causing this macro flashlight clicking.

    @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837505#Comment_2837505

    But something as minimal as the Doctor's electrics or lighting in some maps should not cause anything too severe even if you have photosensitive/epileptic people. And if you say it could then those people should stay away from video games to begin with.

    What I'm criticizing is that the OP is blaming the game/players for macro flashlight clicking when he/she KNEW that such things were to happen regardless of whether or not the game had a warning sign.

    He/she should've known better.

    And then I move on to blame the OP (which I still do) for not caring enough for his epileptic cousin knowing the health issues he has.

    @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837511#Comment_2837511

    Not the best life decision?!

    The cousin could've had a stroke and even died! These things piss me the hell off, since it was completely avoidable if the OP had common sense from the beginning.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837512#Comment_2837512

    I'm not arguing with you on warning signs. I want them too. But what I'm iterating is that DBD is always going to be bad for those who are photosensitive. So as a responsible human being, keep people away from these types of games as much as possible if they suffer from it.

    Those people shouldn't even be anywhere near a game like DBD.

    I even sympathize with the cousin for having an irresponsible "other cousin" who didn't even have the common decency to warn him about the dangers of playing DBD while suffering from epilepsy.

    and the list goes on and on. Read in your own leisure.


    You see, I did not blame the cousin for being epileptic. I did the very opposite.

    I did blame BHVR for not having a warning sign (though I still stand by that the game does not inherently cause epilepsy) and the OP for being irresponsible.

    So there goes your point out the window.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838341#Comment_2838341

    And I help take care of my cousin who has autism n is an epileptic no one knows what can make him tick. Like I said, most people don't know until they learn the hard way and this may come as a SHOCK to you but epileptics dont want to live in fear of every screen they see in fear of an episode

    Ok? I am aware of that, but how is this relevant in the sense that OP, a player who has played this game, KNEW his cousin was epileptic, and didn't tell his cousin that this game, which is already known to trigger some people with epilepsy with doctor and flashlights and the like, that that was a possibility? It's literally the exact reason I don't let my partner watch me when I play this game..

    Also, I never said epileptics don't want to live in fear of every screen they see, but they need to take precautions. NO ONE has said that in this thread.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837652#Comment_2837652

    Thats the thing though, you don't have to macro the flashlight to get it to do what happened to the op. You can simply bind it to the mousewheel and spin your mouse wheel. Why they allow those type of binds in a pvp game...I have no idea. But its BHVR we're talking about, foresight is 20/20.

    I did not know you could bind it to mouse wheel why is that allowed it literally makes the item useless besides to bm

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838624#Comment_2838624

    I get what youre saying. You arent blaming the kid youre pointing out that OP has a responsibility due to him knowing the risks playing the game with that condition could pose.

    But you also still believe that BHVR is part to blame as within the game there are glaring issues pertaining to photosensitivity.

    Im just gonna disagree with you cause the OP is my friend. Not cause of an issue in logic.

    No offense taken.

    I only want the OP to be better for his own cousin. I have no stake in this whatsoever. I wish the OP and his cousin for a speedy recovery and to learn from this traumatic experience for the better future.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838634#Comment_2838634

    No offense taken.

    I only want the OP to be better for his own cousin. I have no stake in this whatsoever. I wish the OP and his cousin for a speedy recovery and to learn from this traumatic experience for the better future.

    Your arguement is sound and its being misinterpreted. Never once did you blame his cousin so idk where that narrative is coming from.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838623#Comment_2838623

    I would like to also add that I did blame BHVR for not implementing an anit-glare mechanic in flashlights and for not having a warning sign before but I won't grudge you for that.

    That said, I'm only blaming the OP for the cousin's sake. Nothing to do with the game whatsoever. That's a whole 'nother story.

    Why would you blame the OP when he clearly does not have epilepsy enough to know a trigger, in a game that claimed to have fixed said trigger over 2 years ago? Bro stop digging yourself into this hole, I've seen your posts this entire thread trying to defend your bad take just take the L, backpedal, move on and grow and learn. Sometimes you get things wrong my guy, that is life. Just take the L say my bad and keep it pushing yikes...

    Your logic is like someone getting hit by a car because the city didn't put a stop sign on a 4 way street, and you blame the people involved in the crash cause "They should have known the risks OF DRIVING! ITS THEIR FAULT FOR LEAVING THE HOUSE" Like holy....

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838644#Comment_2838644

    Your arguement is sound and its being misinterpreted. Never once did you blame his cousin so idk where that narrative is coming from.

    I do it too sometimes. Read the first few sentences and make up my mind on regarding the ENTIRE topic.

    I'm guilty too and that's why I'm not being mad at those who disagree with me. I'm trying to help them understand where I'm coming from, not blaming them for doing what I sometimes do.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838644#Comment_2838644

    Your arguement is sound and its being misinterpreted. Never once did you blame his cousin so idk where that narrative is coming from.

    I don't either like they were going for the op


    Maybe it was the pool comment?

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838624#Comment_2838624

    Why would you blame the OP when he clearly does not have epilepsy enough to know a trigger, in a game that claimed to have fixed said trigger over 2 years ago? Bro stop digging yourself into this hole, I've seen your posts this entire thread trying to defend your bad take just take the L, backpedal, move on and grow and learn. Sometimes you get things wrong my guy, that is life. Just take the L say my bad and keep it pushing yikes...

    Your logic is like someone getting hit by a car because the city didn't put a stop sign on a 4 way street, and you blame the people involved in the crash cause "They should have known the risks OF DRIVING! ITS THEIR FAULT FOR LEAVING THE HOUSE" Like holy....

    My god here we go again...

    You don't have to have an illness yourself to know what and whatnot to be aware of. For example, my mother has harsh tinnitus and anything that closely triggers an episode can cause worse tinnitus and even deafening.

    So, even though I MYSELF don't have tinnitus, I look out for everything she does, she eats, she feels and even the way she sleeps to prevent those things from happening.


    If my cousin happens to be epileptic and I know of it (just like the OP) I would definitely know what and whatnot to show/condone for that very person. It's not rocket science.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838636#Comment_2838636

    I did not know you could bind it to mouse wheel why is that allowed it literally makes the item useless besides to bm

    "Why is that allowed"

    Pfff I dunno your guess is as good as mine. I mean theres people out there with disabilities who have issues with their hands in games and use the mouse wheel to function as a button. But in the scenario of DBD I think its more of an issue that flashlights aren't just shooting a texture that looks like a beam of light, instead the flashlights have near global illumination properties. So in a dark area you can use that function on the mouse wheel and turn the area into a disco light show. They could easily fix it by taking off the area illumination from flash lights and maybe changing the base color of flashlights away from white and into more of a burnt yellow/orange color. Other than removing the ability to bind your mousewheel. (which removing that bind may cause other issues for people who need that function, albeit its probably not really an issue for people who can barely use their hands because a lot of them have alternative input tools they can use to play video games, everything from buttons you can bite to large button pads, which IIRC aren't in the same key bind catalogue as a mouse wheel.) They did add in that automatic wiggle feature which I think helped out greatly for people with disabilities. So, eh...I kinda don't see a reason for the mouse wheel bind if we're being honest.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838632#Comment_2838632

    Take it down a notch princess and I'll be more than happy to take you through this 7 page long journey of a discussion :)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837490#Comment_2837490

    My first post indeed questions the presence of the OP's epileptic cousin there in the first place. BUT I was NOT shifiting the blame like you claim I have.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837501#Comment_2837501

    In fact, I go deeper into this topic by saying that the game itself does not cause epilepsy, cuz it doesn't. Really. I then say that it's the players' fault for causing this macro flashlight clicking.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837508#Comment_2837508

    And then I move on to blame the OP (which I still do) for not caring enough for his epileptic cousin knowing the health issues he has.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837519#Comment_2837519

    I even sympathize with the cousin for having an irresponsible "other cousin" who didn't even have the common decency to warn him about the dangers of playing DBD while suffering from epilepsy.

    and the list goes on and on. Read in your own leisure.

    You see, I did not blame the cousin for being epileptic. I did the very opposite.

    I did blame BHVR for not having a warning sign (though I still stand by that the game does not inherently cause epilepsy) and the OP for being irresponsible.

    So there goes your point out the window.

    You just ripped this person to shreds without even being rude about it. What a goat.

  • @KingFieldShipper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838625#Comment_2838625

    Ok? I am aware of that, but how is this relevant in the sense that OP, a player who has played this game, KNEW his cousin was epileptic, and didn't tell his cousin that this game, which is already known to trigger some people with epilepsy with doctor and flashlights and the like, that that was a possibility? It's literally the exact reason I don't let my partner watch me when I play this game..

    Also, I never said epileptics don't want to live in fear of every screen they see, but they need to take precautions. NO ONE has said that in this thread.

    How do you know the cousin doesn't already play the game regularly? Its entirely possible the cousin already played the game and didn't have problems before this. How hard is it for you guys to understand epilepsy is different FOR EVERYONE and not every single light on a screen triggers an epileptic?

  • @Kolozzoni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838640#Comment_2838640

    You just ripped this person to shreds without even being rude about it. What a goat.

    I didn't know he ripped me to shreds all I saw was him changing his story entirely then switching up his side but go off victim blaming king

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838671#Comment_2838671

    I didn't know he ripped me to shreds all I saw was him changing his story entirely then switching up his side but go off victim blaming king

    You are on edge and I can tell. I don't blame you but there are plenty of flaws in your logic that creates more questions than answers.

    @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838641#Comment_2838641

    How do you know the cousin doesn't already play the game regularly? Its entirely possible the cousin already played the game and didn't have problems before this. How hard is it for you guys to understand epilepsy is different FOR EVERYONE and not every single light on a screen triggers an epileptic?

    How do you know the cousin doesn't already play the game regularly?

    Ah, then this makes the cousin in a worse situation than one he was in before.

    Why would an epileptic person play a game that could cause epilepsy? If I was allergic to black pepper, would I even go anywhere near a food chain that serves something that could put me in an anaphylactic shock? Think about that.

    Its entirely possible the cousin already played the game and didn't have problems before this

    Meaning he played something he shouldn't or at least be very VERY careful of.

    How hard is it for you guys to understand epilepsy is different FOR EVERYONE and not every single light on a screen triggers an epileptic?

    It's not. But how hard is it for YOU to understand that if you have health issues, you stay away from what can cause you to have an episode as much as possible.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838632#Comment_2838632

    Take it down a notch princess and I'll be more than happy to take you through this 7 page long journey of a discussion :)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837490#Comment_2837490

    My first post indeed questions the presence of the OP's epileptic cousin there in the first place. BUT I was NOT shifiting the blame like you claim I have.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837501#Comment_2837501

    In fact, I go deeper into this topic by saying that the game itself does not cause epilepsy, cuz it doesn't. Really. I then say that it's the players' fault for causing this macro flashlight clicking.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837508#Comment_2837508

    And then I move on to blame the OP (which I still do) for not caring enough for his epileptic cousin knowing the health issues he has.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837519#Comment_2837519

    I even sympathize with the cousin for having an irresponsible "other cousin" who didn't even have the common decency to warn him about the dangers of playing DBD while suffering from epilepsy.

    and the list goes on and on. Read in your own leisure.

    You see, I did not blame the cousin for being epileptic. I did the very opposite.

    I did blame BHVR for not having a warning sign (though I still stand by that the game does not inherently cause epilepsy) and the OP for being irresponsible.

    So there goes your point out the window.

    1. "I have to be blunt here and say that a person with serious epilepsy should not be any where NEAR a game that has a flashlight or anything that allows fast on & off light feature." Implying its the cousins fault for being near a game that 'has a flashlight'
    2. "I mean, what was your cousin doing there in the first place? KNOWING DBD has flashlights that could cause something severe." You once again state "KNOWING Dbd has flashlights" IE the cousin should know better than to play DBD because it has flashlights
    3. "That's like me, bringing my cousin to play a clown game when I know he has Coulrophobia and being surprised when I see him foam at the mouth." Here we are downplaying the severity of the situation and treating it as if its just a little fear or not a big deal.
    4. "Same goes to the OP, a player that should know that DBD CAN cause epileptic seizures due to the nature of having toggleable flashlights" Stating its not on BHVR to have warnings or anti-epileptic measures its on THE PLAYER to know whether something could be potentially dangerous.
    5. "He/she should've known better." Self explanatory
    6. "I'm not arguing with you on warning signs. I want them too. But what I'm iterating is that DBD is always going to be bad for those who are photosensitive. " The classic "Yeah yeah BUT!" argument. You pretend to agree then go back on what you say entirely by adding "But they should know better.". Most of your arguments seem to stem from a lack of understanding epilepsy and thinking this must be the cousins first time ever playing a video game with a flashlight. Epilepsy can be triggered through different causes and it doesn't always share a common theme. A flashlight going off and on in one game may not be a problem but in another game it could be. It could also be the intensity/abundance of flickering (which shouldn't be possible is what OP is saying). Just because a flashlight is in a game doesn't mean it'll cause an epileptic seizure and just because someone has a seizure playing a game doesn't mean its their first time playing it EVER💀
1 2 3 4 5 6