My cousin had a epileptic episode from macro flashlights

My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him.

Comments

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837630#Comment_2837630

    Not really arguing just pointing out how insensitive you're being also dbd isn't that bad for a young kid to watch someone else play compared to something like gta and cod

    and you know the latter has a reputation for two things the toxic chat and the kid playerbase

    I'M being insensitive? what? for having common sense?

    Instead of owning up to his mistakes, the OP decided to come on to the forums and start an entirely new discussion while writing:

    "My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him."

    Blaming the survivors and BHVR for his dumb mistake.


    Please, I get that you're trying to be sympathetic here, but in this instance I can't seem to find any for this guy. Sorry.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837642#Comment_2837642

    I'M being insensitive? what? for having common sense?

    Instead of owning up to his mistakes, the OP decided to come on to the forums and start an entirely new discussion while writing:

    "My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him."

    Blaming the survivors and BHVR for his dumb mistake.

    Please, I get that you're trying to be sympathetic here, but in this instance I can't seem to find any for this guy. Sorry.

    Encountering macro users in dbd is really rare(unless it's cheaters) i have only found 2 outside of matches that had cheaters in it also the game has no epilepsy warning


    I just don't get why you're being so hostile towards him for being angry at the situation

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837645#Comment_2837645

    Encountering macro users in dbd is really rare(unless it's cheaters) i have only found 2 outside of matches that had cheaters in it also the game has no epilepsy warning

    I just don't get why you're being so hostile towards him for being angry at the situation

    Because HE put his cousin in this predicament in the first place.

    Because HE blamed the survivors and BHVR who couldn't have known that his cousin was epileptic.

    Because HE decided to blame others instead of blaming himself for his misjudgement.


    and like I said to another forum user:

    "The cousin could've had a stroke and even died! These things piss me the hell off, since it was completely avoidable if the OP had common sense from the beginning."

  • Also their cousin could've been watching without the op knowing(heck I did that when I was a little kid while watching my cousin play gta vice city)

  • @Majin151 said:

    Also their cousin could've been watching without the op knowing(heck I did that when I was a little kid while watching my cousin play gta vice city)

    Spare me the could'ves and what if's.

    Epileptic seizures don't happen to things that are happening far away. The cousin must've been super close (near OP's closeness to the screen) which would definitely alert the OP of his presence.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837631#Comment_2837631

    People with epilepsy are advised to stay away from video games as much as possible.

    Why on earth was his cousin (who we now know was known to have epilepsy) watching a horror game that tends to be darker than other games with flashlights being a core part of the gameplay? and with him (the OP) KNOWING this fact?

    It's just baffling to me.

    They're also advised to stay away from television and certain movies as well but does that stop people with epilepsy from doing so

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837637#Comment_2837637

    This argument shouldn't be us vs them*

    Slight correction because a few pathetic people have decided that no, this argument actually is us vs them. For some unknown, stupid ######### reasons.

    Correct. It shouldn't be.

    I am making the distinction that it isn't and I am also telling the people who try to twist it that they are wrong.


    Basically we agree, if anyone tries to make it an us vs them they're wrong.

  • @Cybil said:

    That sounds awful and I do hope they get rid of those macros. Thing is it was really irresponsible for your cousin to be playing games in the first place if they're that sensitive to these sort of triggers. I refuse to believe that a condition this severe could have gone unnoticed.

    The people that use macros are probably cheating too.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837638#Comment_2837638

    They're also advised to stay away from television and certain movies as well but does that stop people with epilepsy from doing so

    Then like I said, they get no sympathy out from me.

    If I can't swim and I know it but still decide to go into deep waters, I should take the L, not the pool owner.

  • As usual, the victim is to blame. Even though there is no warning (a warning many other games have no problem providing), it's still the person's own fault for not 'informing' themselves through some magical process that remains obscure to us, but which is clearly very easy and accessible. No need to make any changes 🤡

    Perhaps they should reverse the Sadako photo-sensitivity changes, and leave a note saying 'if you have problems you should've informed yourself lmao'?

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837661#Comment_2837661

    Then like I said, they get no sympathy out from me.

    If I can't swim and I know it but still decide to go into deep waters, I should take the L, not the pool owner.

    Nice for you to show your terrible colors

  • @Dionysus42 said:

    As usual, the victim is to blame. Even though there is no warning (a warning many other games have no problem providing), it's still the person's own fault for not 'informing' themselves through some magical process that remains obscure to us, but which is clearly very easy and accessible. No need to make any changes 🤡

    Perhaps they should reverse the Sadako photo-sensitivity changes, and leave a note saying 'if you have problems you should've informed yourself lmao'?

    Ik we don't agree often but I'm 100% with you here. There's absolutely zero warnings in-game, on the EULA, on the box art- nowhere. The only mentions of epilepsy are from other people warning others that it can be potentially triggering.

    OP may have been irresponsible in this specific scenario, but that doesn't mean BHVR shouldn't do better anyway. If they can't remove the issue then the least they could do is provide a clear warning that's easily accessible to many people- hell, Pokemon does it better by specifying basic reading is needed to play the games.

  • Going for ad hominems now after running out of logic?

    Lol, k.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837505#Comment_2837505

    But something as minimal as the Doctor's electrics or lighting in some maps should not cause anything too severe even if you have photosensitive/epileptic people. And if you say it could then those people should stay away from video games to begin with.

    What I'm criticizing is that the OP is blaming the game/players for macro flashlight clicking when he/she KNEW that such things were to happen regardless of whether or not the game had a warning sign.

    He/she should've known better.

    Wait so the doctor's treatment isn't only not working, but actually making you worse? But the survivors all seem to feel so much better....

    Can't trust anyone this days

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837669#Comment_2837669

    Going for ad hominems now after running out of logic?

    Lol, k.

    Nah I can go on but there's no point now you basically outted yourself as a ######### person who would rather victim blame than having empathy


    Also it's not a ad hominem to point out how you showed your true colors and how terrible they are


  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837673#Comment_2837673

    Nah I can go on but there's no point now you basically outted yourself as a ######### person who would rather victim blame than having empathy

    Also it's not a ad hominem to point out how you showed your true colors and how terrible they are

    Instead of actually deconstructing and explaining why my logic is wrong, you comment on my "true colors" being terrible. That is an ad hominem. In fact, that's a perfect example of it. 🤣


    And let me remind you, my stance has always been the same. My criticism towards the OP regarding his actions has been consistent throughout this thread, so I don't understand what "true colors" I'm showing.

    Weird... but go figure.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837667#Comment_2837667

    Ik we don't agree often but I'm 100% with you here. There's absolutely zero warnings in-game, on the EULA, on the box art- nowhere. The only mentions of epilepsy are from other people warning others that it can be potentially triggering.

    OP may have been irresponsible in this specific scenario, but that doesn't mean BHVR shouldn't do better anyway. If they can't remove the issue then the least they could do is provide a clear warning that's easily accessible to many people- hell, Pokemon does it better by specifying basic reading is needed to play the games.

    Heck even pokemon caused seizures with electric soldier porygon but did you see anyone blame the relatives of the victims nope

  • It's way past time for BHVR to take the photosensitivity issues seriously. That it took the PTB for players to point out photosensitivity issues with Sadako and not something that was in discussions prior makes it seem like accessibility issues aren't even thought of in any of the stages of development prior to PTB. It's pretty terrible that after 6 years they haven't updated any part of the game to have a photosensitivity warning even though players have been complaining for years about the parts of the game causing the issues. BHVR moves way too slow on accessibility issues.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837671#Comment_2837671

    Heck even pokemon caused seizures with electric soldier porygon but did you see anyone blame the relatives of the victims nope

    WHAT???? are you seriously bringing THAT example up?


    Okay, let's take things one by one and compare the two instances.

    A) The parents had NO idea that the episode would have ANY elements that could cause an epilepsy.

    B) The OP is a long time DBD player who knew of the existence of flashlights and their capabilities.


    A) The kids were far too young to know if they had epilepsy or not.

    B) The OP clearly states that he KNEW his cousin had epilepsy and carried on playing regardless.


    A) The parents were unaware of the situation that was happening when the seizures happened.

    B) The OP was literally next to the cousin (since it's scientifically impossible otherwise) when all this was going on.


    How can you even bring up this irrelevant, not to mention stupid argument just to prove an insignificant point?

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837678#Comment_2837678

    Instead of actually deconstructing and explaining why my logic is wrong, you comment on my "true colors" being terrible. That is an ad hominem. In fact, that's a perfect example of it. 🤣

    And let me remind you, my stance has always been the same. My criticism towards the OP regarding his actions has been consistent throughout this thread, so I don't understand what "true colors" I'm showing.

    Weird... but go figure.

    You showed your true colors with your responses to the op's situation all you been doing is victim blaming especially given reasons why you shouldn't be blaming the op as much as you're doing and tripling down on it

  • Well if there is no warning in game bhvr is to blame end of story.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837682#Comment_2837682

    You showed your true colors with your responses to the op's situation all you been doing is victim blaming especially given reasons why you shouldn't be blaming the op as much as you're doing and tripling down on it

    And once again, I deconstructed your unlettered argument and you have nothing to rebut it except for "you're this" and "you're that".


    You know what? this is getting too childish for my taste.

    Go have you win and have fun with it. lol

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837683#Comment_2837683

    WHAT???? are you seriously bringing THAT example up?

    Okay, let's take things one by one and compare the two instances.

    A) The parents had NO idea that the episode would have ANY elements that could cause an epilepsy.

    B) The OP is a long time DBD player who knew of the existence of flashlights and their capabilities.

    A) The kids were far too young to know if they had epilepsy or not.

    B) The OP clearly states that he KNEW his cousin had epilepsy and carried on playing regardless.

    A) The parents were unaware of the situation that was happening when the seizures happened.

    B) The OP was literally next to the cousin (since it's scientifically impossible otherwise) when all this was going on.

    How can you even bring up this irrelevant, not to mention stupid argument just to prove an insignificant point?

    This has just turned into an argument over who is to blame in this case. Who is going to be to blame next time it happens? To someone who doesn't have relatives or friends that play this game? A game which has no warnings about this happening anywhere? And in a situation which is basically just used to BM rather than any necessary aspect of gameplay?

    @ topic there's no reason for it to be in the game.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837683#Comment_2837683

    WHAT???? are you seriously bringing THAT example up?

    Okay, let's take things one by one and compare the two instances.

    A) The parents had NO idea that the episode would have ANY elements that could cause an epilepsy.

    B) The OP is a long time DBD player who knew of the existence of flashlights and their capabilities.

    A) The kids were far too young to know if they had epilepsy or not.

    B) The OP clearly states that he KNEW his cousin had epilepsy and carried on playing regardless.

    A) The parents were unaware of the situation that was happening when the seizures happened.

    B) The OP was literally next to the cousin (since it's scientifically impossible otherwise) when all this was going on.

    How can you even bring up this irrelevant, not to mention stupid argument just to prove an insignificant point?

    Nice to know that you're the OP's roommate with how much you know about the situation if I was the op I would remedy that

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837687#Comment_2837687

    This has just turned into an argument over who is to blame in this case. Who is going to be to blame next time it happens? To someone who doesn't have relatives or friends that play this game? A game which has no warnings about this happening anywhere? And in a situation which is basically just used to BM rather than any necessary aspect of gameplay?

    @ topic there's no reason for it to be in the game.

    I am in every shape and form in favor of implementing an anti-glare mechanic for the flashlights and a proper warning sign to warn others.

    BUT

    In this instance, the OP was clearly aware of all the possibilities that could've happened with his epileptic cousin, being a long time DBD player. That makes him carry more responsibility than a first-time player.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837683#Comment_2837683

    WHAT???? are you seriously bringing THAT example up?

    Okay, let's take things one by one and compare the two instances.

    A) The parents had NO idea that the episode would have ANY elements that could cause an epilepsy.

    B) The OP is a long time DBD player who knew of the existence of flashlights and their capabilities.

    A) The kids were far too young to know if they had epilepsy or not.

    B) The OP clearly states that he KNEW his cousin had epilepsy and carried on playing regardless.

    A) The parents were unaware of the situation that was happening when the seizures happened.

    B) The OP was literally next to the cousin (since it's scientifically impossible otherwise) when all this was going on.

    How can you even bring up this irrelevant, not to mention stupid argument just to prove an insignificant point?

    I wasn't using it to prove a point I was pointing out how that even pokemon can have its mistakes while also making a joke about the argument but go off I guess


    Also this argument needs to end before it gets locked

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837687#Comment_2837687

    I wasn't using it to prove a point I was pointing out how that even pokemon can have its mistakes while also making a joke about the argument but go off I guess

    Also this argument needs to end before it gets locked

    Just agree to disagree

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty the funniest part is how you ENTIRELY assume the OP showed the game to their cousin. What if the cousin was on the same room or next room playing and the OP found them having the seizure?

    Also, there is no reason to blame the cousin or the OP in this case. It doesn't help resolving the issue. As long as the game doesn't need flashing lights to function, why not remove them so photosensitive people can play?

  • @Pukenplag said:

    @Voodoo_Thirsty the funniest part is how you ENTIRELY assume the OP showed the game to their cousin. What if the cousin was on the same room or next room playing and the OP found them having the seizure?

    Also, there is no reason to blame the cousin or the OP in this case. It doesn't help resolving the issue. As long as the game doesn't need flashing lights to function, why not remove them so photosensitive people can play?

    Also it was due to macros something that's not encountered that much outside of cheaters and again there is no epilepsy warning


    Heck they were blaming the macro users not the devs while asking for something that could be done to prevent something like this from happening to others

  • @Pukenplag said:

    @Voodoo_Thirsty the funniest part is how you ENTIRELY assume the OP showed the game to their cousin. What if the cousin was on the same room or next room playing and the OP found them having the seizure?

    Also, there is no reason to blame the cousin or the OP in this case. It doesn't help resolving the issue. As long as the game doesn't need flashing lights to function, why not remove them so photosensitive people can play?

    Because Pukenplag, an epileptic seizure doesn't happen when the screen is too far away.

    This was the same case with the Pokemon episode where the kids were literally right in front of the television. After the incident, Japanese televisions started to broadcast to kids "to stay away from the screen".

    If you want to deny the scientific fact, then you do you. But having researched this and knowing what the prerequisites are for getting into an epileptic seizure, I can guarantee you that the cousin was very close to the screen.

    And I iterate again.

    I'm not blaming the cousin. The cousin would not have known what kind of a game DBD was.

    I'm blaming the OP, who would've known the nature of the game (being darker) and the very mechanics that came along with it (i.e. flashlight clicking) and having the audacity to come to the forums to blame the survivors and the devs for HIS mistake.

  • This topic has been brought up numerous times and despite this thread and others being quite highly discussed, they have never as far as I know deigned to say anything on the matter. Given the willingness to fix Sadako problems so quickly, I really have to ask what exactly they're afraid of aside from flashlight abusing survivors getting angry they can't BM at the cost of people's health.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837532#Comment_2837532

    If it takes them 5 years to add in a colorblind mode (which almost every single modern game ships standard with) I don't think you can say they care.

    They clearly cared about the backlash, but if they cared it would've been in the game in Year 2, not Year 5.

    Likewise, there has been talk of flashlight macro's being detrimental to people's health for YEARS. They give me a headache, but nothing as dire as what OP described. There is Z E R O reason to allow people to spam click a flashlight tens of times a second.

    This isn't an us vs them. This isn't a "wah, clicky clicky flashlight." This is a legitimate need. Either BHVR needs to actually put photosensitivity warnings in their game (they do) or they need to stop people from input spamming their flashlight.

    Well. Gotta distinguish between BHVR the company and individual devs I guess. Because we know for a fact Mandy is colorblind and she did/does care for this setting while being a dev.

    and I don’t even think it’s got implemented solely because of backlash (and please don’t be so stupid to think that dev stream actually was the reason it got implemented; they couldn’t be able to do it that fast)

    But I agree, saying they care while having this kind of priorities is not that reasonable.


    i am just going to assume the ‚us vs them‘ comment and what followed wasn’t directed towards me because that’s exactly what I was saying..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837637#Comment_2837637

    Well. Gotta distinguish between BHVR the company and individual devs I guess. Because we know for a fact Mandy is colorblind and she did/does care for this setting while being a dev.

    and I don’t even think it’s got implemented solely because of backlash (and please don’t be so stupid to think that dev stream actually was the reason it got implemented; they couldn’t be able to do it that fast)

    But I agree, saying they care while having this kind of priorities is not that reasonable.

    i am just going to assume the ‚us vs them‘ comment and what followed wasn’t directed towards me because that’s exactly what I was saying..

    I've never had any issue with the individual Devs, they've all been wonderful people and I have nothing but nice things to say about them.

    My issue has always been the company, but I'm glad you saw my point.


    And no, that wasn't directed at you. More so directed at certain people who were trying to make it into an us vs them thing, which is pretty horrific.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837667#Comment_2837667

    Ik we don't agree often but I'm 100% with you here. There's absolutely zero warnings in-game, on the EULA, on the box art- nowhere. The only mentions of epilepsy are from other people warning others that it can be potentially triggering.

    OP may have been irresponsible in this specific scenario, but that doesn't mean BHVR shouldn't do better anyway. If they can't remove the issue then the least they could do is provide a clear warning that's easily accessible to many people- hell, Pokemon does it better by specifying basic reading is needed to play the games.

    Since you clearly missed it and assumed I was using electric soldier polygon for the argument



    I was using it as a reference in response to karu about how even pokemon can have their faults but they banned the episode and did measures to prevent this scenario from happening again


    And pokemon is one of my favorite series heck the number in my username is the number to my favorite pokemon

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837706#Comment_2837706

    Because Pukenplag, an epileptic seizure doesn't happen when the screen is too far away.

    This was the same case with the Pokemon episode where the kids were literally right in front of the television. After the incident, Japanese televisions started to broadcast to kids "to stay away from the screen".

    If you want to deny the scientific fact, then you do you. But having researched this and knowing what the prerequisites are for getting into an epileptic seizure, I can guarantee you that the cousin was very close to the screen.

    And I iterate again.

    I'm not blaming the cousin. The cousin would not have known what kind of a game DBD was.

    I'm blaming the OP, who would've known the nature of the game (being darker) and the very mechanics that came along with it (i.e. flashlight clicking) and having the audacity to come to the forums to blame the survivors and the devs for HIS mistake.

    Have you read my text upside down, by any chance? Where exactly did I say THE COUSIN was far away? I clearly stated the cousin was playing either in the same room or the other one, and while they were having the seizure, the OP found them.

    And once again, the OP is to blame? Why? I ask again, when did the OP say they showed their cousin the game or they made their cousin play? You are making assumptions and blaming the OP based on them.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837706#Comment_2837706

    Because Pukenplag, an epileptic seizure doesn't happen when the screen is too far away.

    This was the same case with the Pokemon episode where the kids were literally right in front of the television. After the incident, Japanese televisions started to broadcast to kids "to stay away from the screen".

    If you want to deny the scientific fact, then you do you. But having researched this and knowing what the prerequisites are for getting into an epileptic seizure, I can guarantee you that the cousin was very close to the screen.

    And I iterate again.

    I'm not blaming the cousin. The cousin would not have known what kind of a game DBD was.

    I'm blaming the OP, who would've known the nature of the game (being darker) and the very mechanics that came along with it (i.e. flashlight clicking) and having the audacity to come to the forums to blame the survivors and the devs for HIS mistake.

    Hate to admit it, but this is an actual fact and a good point.

    Epileptic seizures only happen when the victim is close to the screen or the screen is large enough to cover their peripheral vision. I kind of get why this person is upset now... The cousin must've been traumatized.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837712#Comment_2837712

    Have you read my text upside down, by any chance? Where exactly did I say THE COUSIN was far away? I clearly stated the cousin was playing either in the same room or the other one, and while they were having the seizure, the OP found them.

    And once again, the OP is to blame? Why? I ask again, when did the OP say they showed their cousin the game or they made their cousin play? You are making assumptions and blaming the OP based on them.

    Well, my apologies for reading it wrong.

    Now regarding the hypothetical situation where the cousin was the only one playing the game, I can't really grasp this theory.

    The OP clearly plays DBD and even if the cousin was to play the game in his own leisure/prerogative, I doubt the OP was unaware of the fact that his cousin played the same game he plays regularly. And it would be even worse to think the OP never advised his epileptic cousin about the dangers of playing DBD while suffering from epilepsy.

    Either way, the hypothesis doesn't seem to add up.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837725#Comment_2837725

    Well, my apologies for reading it wrong.

    Now regarding the hypothetical situation where the cousin was the only one playing the game, I can't really grasp this theory.

    The OP clearly plays DBD and even if the cousin was to play the game in his own leisure/prerogative, I doubt the OP was unaware of the fact that his cousin played the same game he plays regularly. And it would be even worse to think the OP never advised his epileptic cousin about the dangers of playing DBD while suffering from epilepsy.

    Either way, the hypothesis doesn't seem to add up.

    It's not the OP's job or business to stop their cousin from playing. It's BHVR's job to remove flashlight macros and add a photosensitive setting, which turns off all instances of flashing lights.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837730#Comment_2837730

    It's not the OP's job or business to stop their cousin from playing. It's BHVR's job to remove flashlight macros and add a photosensitive setting, which turns off all instances of flashing lights.

    Never said it was his job, but if my family had diabetes and I know the consequences of eating too much sugar and having low insulin and I have knowledge of it, I'd be the first one to advise them of the outcomes that may occur if things weren't taken into precaution. Same goes for the OP.

    If his cousin played the same game he played and even knew of the dangers of playing said game while having epilepsy brings more questions than answers regarding his responsibilities, since he had knowledge of his health issues.

    Something doesn't need to be a "job" especially regarding health of a family member.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837735#Comment_2837735

    Never said it was his job, but if my family had diabetes and I know the consequences of eating too much sugar and having low insulin and I have knowledge of it, I'd be the first one to advise them of the outcomes that may occur if things weren't taken into precaution. Same goes for the OP.

    If his cousin played the same game he played and even knew of the dangers of playing said game while having epilepsy brings more questions than answers regarding his responsibilities, since he had knowledge of his health issues.

    Something doesn't need to be a "job" especially regarding health of a family member.

    If a company makes a product and doesn't add "may contain x", and the consumer dies because of anaphylaxis, is it the company's fault for not putting that warning there, or a family member's who works there and knows there are those traces in the product, but didn't think of/ realize to tell their relative about it?

  • @Dionysus42 said:

    This topic has been brought up numerous times and despite this thread and others being quite highly discussed, they have never as far as I know deigned to say anything on the matter. Given the willingness to fix Sadako problems so quickly, I really have to ask what exactly they're afraid of aside from flashlight abusing survivors getting angry they can't BM at the cost of people's health.

    I think a dev was asking for video footage of flashlight macro use but I can't remember where.

    I'd really like some accessibility option if they won't address macro; at least give players an option to reduce any strobing effect on their end.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837741#Comment_2837741

    If a company makes a product and doesn't add "may contain x", and the consumer dies because of anaphylaxis, is it the company's fault for not putting that warning there, or a family member's who works there and knows there are those traces in the product, but didn't think of/ realize to tell their relative about it?

    What the... What kind of an analogy is that?

    Of course both have responsibilities.

    The company for not having safety precautions/labels and the family member for not being able to advise cautionary procedures despite knowing the truth.

    I mean, is this really needed to be iterated? Isn't it common sense?

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837671#Comment_2837671

    Since you clearly missed it and assumed I was using electric soldier polygon for the argument

    I was using it as a reference in response to karu about how even pokemon can have their faults but they banned the episode and did measures to prevent this scenario from happening again

    And pokemon is one of my favorite series heck the number in my username is the number to my favorite pokemon

    I feel like you quoted the wrong person. 🤸

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837745#Comment_2837745

    What the... What kind of an analogy is that?

    Of course both have responsibilities.

    The company for not having safety precautions/labels and the family member for not being able to advise cautionary procedures despite knowing the truth.

    I mean, is this really needed to be iterated? Isn't it common sense?

    Simply because the OP knew about the epilepsy isn't enough to make them think about the dangers and warning the cousin. If it doesn't pass your mind about that, why is it your fault?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837532#Comment_2837532

    If it takes them 5 years to add in a colorblind mode (which almost every single modern game ships standard with) I don't think you can say they care.

    They clearly cared about the backlash, but if they cared it would've been in the game in Year 2, not Year 5.

    Likewise, there has been talk of flashlight macro's being detrimental to people's health for YEARS. They give me a headache, but nothing as dire as what OP described. There is Z E R O reason to allow people to spam click a flashlight tens of times a second.

    This isn't an us vs them. This isn't a "wah, clicky clicky flashlight." This is a legitimate need. Either BHVR needs to actually put photosensitivity warnings in their game (they do) or they need to stop people from input spamming their flashlight.

    The thread has been absolutely derailed by people arguing over who is to blame for this (and I expect it to bury my attempt to resurrect your post) but you're 100% correct

    There is literally 0 reason for macros to be allowed and should be something that is fixed. This was true before this post, is currently true, and will be true long after this post is dead and buried.

    The health concerns to me make it a higher priority to get as soon as possible. This isn't some "killers are just whining over a unfair mechanic", there are legit health concerns over this. For the vast majority that health concern is maybe a mild headache after repeat exposure but why even have that in the game when it's something so easily dealt with AND has no gameplay basis for being in the game?

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837749#Comment_2837749

    Simply because the OP knew about the epilepsy isn't enough to make them think about the dangers and warning the cousin. If it doesn't pass your mind about that, why is it your fault?

    Lol, okay.

    Having family members with different health issues i.e. Diabetes, Tinnitus, Parkinson's disease and Macular disease, I'm always looking out for their every move/actions/diet/mood. I find it to be my responsibility as the most healthy person looking out for the family members in need of assistance.

    Maybe it's just me. I'm sure thankful I don't have you as my family. haha jk

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837637#Comment_2837637

    The thread has been absolutely derailed by people arguing over who is to blame for this (and I expect it to bury my attempt to resurrect your post) but you're 100% correct

    There is literally 0 reason for macros to be allowed and should be something that is fixed. This was true before this post, is currently true, and will be true long after this post is dead and buried.

    The health concerns to me make it a higher priority to get as soon as possible. This isn't some "killers are just whining over a unfair mechanic", there are legit health concerns over this. For the vast majority that health concern is maybe a mild headache after repeat exposure but why even have that in the game when it's something so easily dealt with AND has no gameplay basis for being in the game?

    This.

    Plus, it's probably really easy and fast to fix. Add a short cooldown after using a flashlight. That should take care of the more immediate issues.

  • Not really I quoted you so someone else can see it since they think I used it as fuel In that dumb argument 😅

  • @FriendlyBubba said:

    My cousin suffers from epilepsy and those ######### survivors gave my cousin an extreme seizure. Foam came out of his mouth and it scared the living crap out of me. Can we do something about this, BHVR, or is it too much to ask for a solution? Because you nearly killed him.

    Sorry to hear that. I’m surprised flashlight click macros can cause seizures since they don’t actually produce bright flashes of light across the screen. Is it also caused by rapid loud clicks?

    Either way assuming the clicks are epliepsy triggers that’s all the more reason the flashlight sound and animation should be limited to only appearing about once per second.

1 2 3 4 … 6