Racist Killer?
I find it kind of upsetting that the cannibal is able to unlock claudettes face as a cosmetic. I understand he is able to do so with the entire original 4 survivors; but being able to wear claudettes face is actually pretty problematic. We already deal with a lot of toxicity in the community, especially racism/homophobia, so the fact that there is a white killer that is able to actually paint his face black (african american) as a cosmetic is pretty messed up. I don't think this should be a cosmetic in the game still, it was an interesting idea for cosmetics you can unlock via achieving a certain about of kills on a certain survivor, but at the end of the day this is appropriating toxic/racist behavior especially by killers who troll afterwords and use racial slurs.
Comments
Except it isn't paint, it is her face sewed to his face.
Yeah, this is easily one of those ( There is no way to win scenarios )
And even worse in the entire situation is the fact only a couple of people here have been actually racistly posting here and the few who have are the ones who are gonna hate being pointed out the most for it.
I'd more a less consider it the idea of proving some reality in here about what actually being racist is, is what got me involved.
Ive been playing this game for 2 years and noone has considered that racist so far.
You are the first one
This would be another form of actual racism over something as silly as a non real life situation.
Pretty much the best answer to be given in this case. +1
Even though i'm not african american, I just know better than to be this racist about a serial killer taking equal rights into what face he would like to wear~
Worst part about this is these same exact people posting this would be pissed if claudette was the only original survivor excluded from it, No win scenario here.
Unlike the real, nowadays very looked down upon Blackface, LF doesn't do it for mockery, its simply based on his habit of creating faces out of human skin, his most iconic mask, is white and he has an asian too. There is no evidence that it has been put in for actual racist intentions. Its Claudette having met the wrong man at the wrong time, like all the others.
I can't be bothered to read all the comments so most probably somebody else already said this or you just admitted to trolling but if those things didn't happen then:
You do realise that we literally have a pedophile in the game (Freddy) and what you are concerned about is the fact that a black person's face is used as a mask?
Can you two and others go and take you BS some where else. No one is going out of their way to be racist unless they're literally wearing that claudette mask and typing rude comments into end game chat as well.
I wear claudette face all the time because
1 - I hate claudette due to the fact that most are toxic
2 - it was the first mask I unlocked
3- Dwight's mask doesn't have his glasses on his face which would totally make Dwight's face the best.
Please stop trying to make this an issue when it isn't even a thing.
Nice try at pulling the person of color card on your nononexistant point at "leatherface isn't racist for wearing an African American characters face"
oooor its because thats the only mask they have unlocked yet, as its fairly easy to get due to the fact that almost every 2nd player plays as claudette.
but yeah. just look at it like everyone is racist and wants to insult you, without even knowing you. i bet that is a great way to look at life ^^
It's just a simple case of who is truly the racist ones here, reality is, the only ones here who are racist are the ones pointing the finger about how it's racist and then calling people ignorant for not agreeing, point is, none of them would have even noticed if they themself were not racist enough to get the idea in there head then fire out at everyone about it.
Much like in real life, the only true racist ones are the ones calling everyone racist.
Which in turn is not ever gonna stop racism, it only makes people more angry to be called racist when they are not and makes the situation worse.
exactly my thoughts!
after the sexualization accusation vs the spirit this complaint is even more ridiculous
Pretty sure at least some of the people being called racist are actually racist.
We should ban cars too. People use th is a with ill intentions.
And kitchen kmives. Sometimes people use those to stab people.
And airplanes. We all know well the damage those can do.
probably not hardly as many as those who are being pointed at. i'm not but i do get called one alot at my job cuz I said No.
This thread is just simple to prove the point that the most obvious racist are the ones calling other people racist in most cases.
You'd be surprised. Those who are racist will often point to the (relatively few) false instances of someone else being called a racist as "proof" that they themselves aren't racist. This rhetoric results in a false sense of how many accusations are actually false. Same thing with other types of discrimination; it's all about creating an echo chamber of anecdotes that support what you want.
Yep and because I told some white guy who's dressed up in thug life style with a gun in his backpocket of his pants that are down practically at his ankles that he could not just walk up into some lone girls room last night at work means I'm racist against black people...people just running around calling everyone racist cuz they say no sir I ca'nt give you a ride, NO sir, you ca'nt go up too some lone girls room and ######### them, OH NO! this video game has offended me in some way cuz megs shirt is yellow and not red like I want it to be and how dare you not agree with me you RACIST! is not helping to clear the world of racism, it only makes people angrier and more upset, only one hell of a silly person would go around trying to state this is okay to do.
True, but if you were, for example, to call the cops on a black person who clearly demonstrated they live in the same apartment complex as you because you "felt unsafe" and "weren't sure they lived there", while you never did anything of the sort to any of your other (white) neighbors, you might just be a racist.
Going to be honest here.
Since it's pretty obvious no one's really going to respond to me. I'll just go ahead and say this. I'm quite surprised to see that this particular host is still talking about a issue in a video game about a cannibal that wears human faces. Leatherface in the movies have cut off God knows how many faces and since he's wearing a black one it's racist all of a sudden.
Do I have to bring up the fact that in the movies he's technically #########. He literally doesn't know any better and is loyal to his family. Also do I have to remind you all that this is a fictional video game...
@_@
Because it's starting to seem like some of you all keep forgetting.
Yes, this would be likely, but it's not the case in this thread, the threads case has nothing to do with any form of real life situation that is causing any actual harm and those who are in here pointing the finger at everyone who does'nt agree are clearly not the ones overreacting in a racist way, I'm all for a serious real life situation but this is a video game and being based around something that you literally have to stretch too make it a racism issue, this does'nt compare as this is just some bored people with nothing better to do except go out looking for something to call racist and then call people who don't agree either racist or ignorant which is funny when they won't even respond decently too those disagreeing with them.
..
Trying to say it's okay for someone to go around calling people racist for not agreeing with them is the exact same thing as saying a religious person going around cursing everyone to burn in hell for not following the same religion is being a good christian.
Don't do it cuz it only proves your not anymore innocent, in fact it more proves that your the least innocent if nothing actually racist or harmful has been done to you.
That Yoda image looks pretty racist to me. At the absolute minimum, it is in very poor taste.
Devs need to bring in a "Safe Space" into dbd where survivors and killers can just hang out without hurting each other's feelings. No kills, No names, No face, No color. Just NPCs. Seriously guys, this PC BS gotta stop. While I'm totally against racism, seeing racism where there isn't one smells racism. And as of others here that are simply parroting the OP, get your head outta your ass. Your virtue signalling ain't fooling anyone.
How dare Yoda be green! I want him blue and how dare you not agree with me!!!
I'm not addressing the (obviously bait) thread, I'm addressing you. My point is, don't be fooled by the actual racists that false racism accusations are more common than real ones.
Yes, there will always be parasites trying to take advantage of anything and anyone they can (like the actual racists taking advantage of you and others like you who were falsely accused of racism, to try to legitimize their bigoted views), but you need to look at the bigger picture and realize that yes, overt racism is still a thing, and yes, it's still a big deal.
Black and brown people in predominantly white countries and white people in predominantly black and brown countries live with the very real possibility that one day, some racist mob is going to come over and kill them.
In my own country, one of the most tolerant in the world, a Colombian immigrant who'd been here since she was a child was severely beaten up by some racist ######### who told her to "go back to [her] own country". During interviews, she reported that while the beating was new, the racist attitude was not, and that many people where she grew up would often spout racist epithets at her as "a joke" (see what I said before about actual racists trying to legitimize their racism?), while others were just straight-up bullying her for having brown skin. This is a real phenomenon that you shouldn't discount just because you were falsely accused and/or suspected.
Indeed. "Jokes" like that are how racists can express their bigoted views without fear of reprisal. People who are actually joking will take them as the jokes they are, but racists will just see and use it as a way to legitimize their views.
I don't discount it as an issue, I literally live in texas where it is a huge issue, but this thread is simply stupid, the reason behind it, is stupid, the character it's being shot towards is stupid , leatherface deciding he wants to wear claudettes face is not in any way shape or form a racist move by the character itself who likely does'nt even know what racism is, for crying out loud he eats the people he kills and then picks the face he likes most to wear, sure some ######### are gonna use it for racist reasons but the point of it being in the game is about as racist as RE5 having chris redfield shooting african zombies...in africa, Or leon shooting spaniard zombies ....In spain, or even RE6 where people be shooting japanese zombies, In Japan!
And these same folks bitching about it here would be here today bitching about it if the game excluded claudettes face if the devs chose not too include her.
In that case it would actually be something of an issue.
No it isn't because you are just validating racism and that is wrong. The whole idea is wrong and a bunch of you are just standing there defending it because are all small minded.
You can say all you want. Who are you? no one knows. for all I know you're bathing in your own feces when you can say you're bathing in rose water. Unlike you you choose to be small minded and narrow minded defending black face is wrong and disgusting. You're just quoting some googled quote acting like you know everything when you're definitely a troll. No one cares how you portrait yourself because in reality people do resort to violence and when they have had enough they will act and I am grown unlike you where you think everyone shits flowers and tosses bouquets at each other in a imaginary world or a "privileged" one like yours. if you are what you say you are then you are not educated and far off rude insulting my opinion and others saying that ours is not validated when we did have the "privilege" to have our colleges paid or worry about our family affairs rather than continue it. Do not degrade people due to their education or status in the world because that is down right rude. Not everyone has the same opportunities as others and as a "educated" person you so claim to be. Read your words wisely before entering what you type.
And let me doubt real hard that you have taken sociology classes, or you'd know by personally attacking him and associate him with his arguments as a person you are a taking the shortest path possible when it comes to not actually convincing people and just make a trench war worse.
You're defending them you're never going to change sit down take a seat cause you're not going to change your prespective. I'm tired of constantly being attacked and trying to nicely tell my side and tell people my thought process however I continue to be attacked by people telling me I'm uneducated and throw insults to my face saying my opinion is not valid when it is. You do not know things I've been through. I'm glad you don't see things as racist as much because these things are not targeted at you on a daily basis. I'm so glad that you live that life and that privilege. However things like this I've seen and been attacked about the pigment of my skin is not okay to do. I do not like seeing this made as a mockery.
Survivors like doing Yellow face aka jake and claudette its pretty offensive. I just think leather face should just have his own face and that's it. take away all the cosmetics.
Umm.... Are you serious? it is black face.. he is wearing a face that is black.. How do you not comprehend that? Leather face itself doesn't do it as a mockery for himself is a character and I get the fact that he is a killer and does not discriminate however this is a game and people online use it as a tool as a mockery and trolling which comes off offensive in in-game chat when you're being told the N-word. This is a tool that players use to just be down right racist and offensive using Claudette face as a mockery. Same with jake because that is "yellow" face
Can we all just report this thread and troll here so it can be closed now? Trying to cause flame wars is a no no afterall.
To Leatherface,
Coldwind Farm
Somewhere in the basement,
Entity's Realm No. 358
Dearest Daddy,
You can have my face, but you can never do what I do, or never be who I am.
I challenge you to crouch-hide in the bushes wearing my face. I bet you'll still be spotted. It ain't easy what I do. You wear my face, I wear the environment.
You can never really have what I already have - My Best Buddies - Default-Dwight, Long-legged Meg, Pornstar David, Half-blood Killer Nea, and Good 'ol daddy Jake. Oh wait! Jake and I aren't friends anymore.
Our friendship is a sacred recipe. It's filled with empathy, bond, 5mg Adrenaline, and no matter how high we go, we always have a balanced landing. No amount of Chili is going to ruin that. EVER!
Last but not the least, this letter is to convey this very important message to not just you, but to everyone who calls you racist, you are anything but racist! Your chainsaw never discriminates. That's all for now. See you in the fog.
Your favourite food,
Claudette M. Morel
* crouches back to my natural habitat *
No, we won't 'sit down'. You opened your opinion to a forum and surprise surprise people have differing views to you. I haven't defended anyone, merely pointed out that your reactions have been rude and in some cases, racist yourself. You assume that anybody who does not agree with you, has no idea about persecution, and that in itself is ridiculous.
How the hell do you know any of this? Since when does not seeing something as racist, a personal view i might add, equate to someone leading a 'privileged' life. That statement right there, is possibly one of the more racist comments i have seen in this thread so far.
I am genuinely sorry that ANYONE has to go through that, but guess what, It does NOT give you veto power to decide who is and is not a racist based ONLY upon not agreeing with your definition of a cosmetic being racist. You want people to understand and sympathise with your point of view without giving ANY consideration to someone else's. If anyone has turned this thread into a mockery, it is you. You refuse to listen, you throw pretty serious and frankly hurtful accusations of racism at people who are clearly trying to tell you that they simply don't see the connection you do, and you call people ignorant and privileged because they don't have the 'experiences' you do.
So no, we won't sit down. You opened this can of worms in a PUBLIC forum. This means, that while you do not have to AGREE with them, you DO have to live with the fact that other people are allowed to post their own points of view. You want to control whats being said in the forums......go apply to be a mod.
I kind of adore you for this right now
So cutting a face off a person and wearing it as a mask is ok. But cutting the face off a person with different skin color then you and wearing it as a mask is bad?
*Leatherface weeps in a corner, alone...
"It's never been about the masks...at least it wasn't..."
*fade to black, "Runaway Train" begins to play.