Racist Killer?
I find it kind of upsetting that the cannibal is able to unlock claudettes face as a cosmetic. I understand he is able to do so with the entire original 4 survivors; but being able to wear claudettes face is actually pretty problematic. We already deal with a lot of toxicity in the community, especially racism/homophobia, so the fact that there is a white killer that is able to actually paint his face black (african american) as a cosmetic is pretty messed up. I don't think this should be a cosmetic in the game still, it was an interesting idea for cosmetics you can unlock via achieving a certain about of kills on a certain survivor, but at the end of the day this is appropriating toxic/racist behavior especially by killers who troll afterwords and use racial slurs.
Comments
If you could only get Claudette's face, you'd have a better case, which still would be a bad case since there's no racial intentions behind him wearing their faces.
But since you can wear the faces of 3 others as well, all 4 are equally face-ripped.
I truly wonder how upset you'd be if a black guy wore a white face...
Right. Well,you sound like you have it all figured out. I am sure you would say those things to my face if I was standing in front of you too; you have made assumptions about me regardless of not "knowing anything about me" .
It's sad, I deal with people like you every day...And quite frankly, people like you are the ones that create the problems.
It's not your fault though; you just don't know any better. I hope some day you do.
I figured I would try...because why not....but clearly it's no use. I get that people have political differences and beliefs...but this getting beyond silly, right?
Still a fun read for anyone just joining in!
Quick picking on bubba. He's an equal opportunity killer.
I think this is a "damn if you do, damn if you don't" situation. You put the cosmetic in, people cry about racism because it is a blackface. You remove the cosmetic, people cry about they purposely ignore Claudette face because she is black.
Here's an Haiku I wrote for the occasion
clear throat
I won't segregate
White, black I will wear your face
Go ######### yourself please
More seriously, if anyone is so fragile that he is offended by cosmetic in a video game, their is a very simple solution to not get offended anymore, stop playing the game and leave internet immediately
Like if you want a safe space where you won't ever feel inconfortable just plug off your computer and tv and stay at home.
As I said before various of times. It is blackface, mask itself has been use to be shown as blackface. I get the fact that you can report users for being racist and harassment however people are still just using Claudette face as a tool of racism
it is not black face.
claudette is black. Letherface wears people’s faces. It’s his only character trait
WHY DO YOU THINK HE IS CALLED LEATHERFACE.
i cannot begin to phatom how people can be offended by a character being black being on a characters face, but have no issue with the fact he is litterally cutting their faces off and wearing them.
jesus. There is a time and a place for being overly sensitive. A game about serial killers ripping survivors apart is an awkward place to be thinking about the racial implications of his cosmetic.
*rolls eyes*
/rant
Try to understand what I've just repeated over time again. Follow up with this thread and all its comments.
Attitudes like yours appropriate racism.
Yeaaaah, I'm still not going to sit down, and no amount of saying i am racist when i clearly am not is going to change that. I mean you can go right ahead and bullheadedly insist that i am, but that still does not make it true. And once again you are resorting to insults, this time about the people who raised me, people you do not know and haven't met.....and you want to place yourself as the figurehead of tolerance in this thread?
Once again, i have not once advocated blackface. What i HAVE done is, for the third time, informed you that the cosmetic does not trigger the same thing in me as it seems to do in you. That's not racism, its not even in the same ballpark.
But please do go ahead and throw more insults about me, my parents, my outlook on life. It doesn't matter that you are utterly wrong,....but so far its hilarious watching you continuously make yourself look foolish by making snap judgements about people in a thread preaching tolerance and understanding.
Great job!
1. It’s a troll. Which bravo, amazing bait. You got a LOT of biters.
2. It’s a P.O.C who wants to oppress non-P.O.C for either :
A. Some sick and twisted form of revenge against non-P.O.C. Either having been the victim of racism him/her self and is choosing a random outlet to get his/her “vengeance” on the racist who wronged him/her. That, or is attempting to get revenge for P.O.C, for the wrongs committed by the ancestors of non-P.O.C.
To the OP: I am not my ancestors, I have done NOTHING to wrong P.O.C. The developers have done NOTHING to wrong P.O.C. If this is the case then shame on you, for you are the one being racist. You are treating non-P.O.C like we’re monsters and terrible people simply because we’re not of color.
B. This a a P.O.C who simply wants to oppress non-P.O.C. Simply because they find it funny they can play the “that’s racist card” and get away with calling non-P.O.C all sorts of names, and doing whatever they please. If you DARE try to stop whatever they even try, you’re racist.
This person is using racism as a weapon to manipulate and oppress. Just the other way around than classic non-P.O.C racism toward P.O.C. I’ve seen this many times and it’s sickening to see. A P.O.C... appropriating and using racism as a weapon. It’s just sick and twisted.
I assume that they are just some college cumra... *COUGH* comrades having found something to be upset about.
And its funny to see that how they treat some people like @SoylentPixie that the martyrs of P.C. social justice manages to be the worst one around again.
I would also like to had that you must be very privileged> @Nickenzie said:
You forgot the hag
I took a painful effort to read most of the comments, and...
Let's just not pretend there's any real issue here. In some simpletons' minds something bad done to a white person in fiction is part of the plot, while the same done to a black person is "racist".
Right. Dear OP, you missed the part that Leatherface is a killer who kills people and wears their faces. Black or white. Crying "racism" is absurd.