Freddy Doesn't Need A Buff..
And I have the proof right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEYgo6Rzahk&list=PLaM0ISRvGbrRHVKLiev-s4SRK1RK0IMBK
I was asked to do this a while ago on this forum because I was arguing that he was fine where he was, and people were being smart asses. Well here it is I did it.
Stop complaining that he needs a buff, he doesn't.
EDIT: IT'S A WHOLE PLAYLIST
Comments
My dude...
You are at rank 16.
Even completely setting aside your rank. (Which I shouldn't but whatever.)
This is just one game. Any killer could get a good game as Freddy perkless. That doesn't mean his power is strong, it either means the killer is competent or the survivors are potatoes.
If they made it so you couldnt recieve skill checks from self care in the dream world he'd be fine but currently freddy is weak. He also cannot cancel action like cleansing totems or fixing gens which is super problematic. Covers these two gaping holes of weakness and maybe freddy might be viable. But overall his kit needs to be revaluated. Espicially considering thematically freddy power dosent fit his character. Hes suppose to be more deadly as he spreads fear yet the dreamstate only slows the game down.
Edit: It's a whole playlist, the forum only linked the video for some dumb reason. It goes all the way to rank 1.
It's a whole playlist to rank 1.
It's a whole playlist to rank 1.
Rank 16
Next time use your brain before you embarass yourself
and even if there is a video at rank 1 of one freddy doing well, everyone knows what rank means.....
It's a whole playlist to rank 1.
It's a whole playlist to rank 1.
It's a whole playlist to rank 1 if you care to read.
Can i switch the survivors i get with your potatos?
I think most survivors in this game aren't that great honestly.
1. You are playing at training rank
2. You did well, making smart plays and few mistakes, kudos
3. Survivors did not make smart plays, many doubled back right into you
It was a good match for you, but encountered few if any Freddy issues. Freddy's weakness is team coordination and that was lacking in the video.
It's a whole playlist if you care to read. The link is there.
Freddy is fun on paper. But in reality he sucks. Getting a 4K in higher or even high ranks is really tough. Survivor blast through and you just waiting for them to fall asleep. I had like 10 Freddy games today and it was a chore to get them done. It's freaking hard, especially against SWF
Don't pick Freddy if you want to win. I switched back to Meyers and BOOM much more fun and success.
"you're rank 16, this proves nothing"
"I have videos of Rank 1 as well"
"rank means nothing in this game"
xD
If you care to read, read the 2nd part
care to pick a stance and stick with it? xD
Hey, at least Freddy can do something, he has the ability to slow down the game. All I'm saying is, that's better than what Trapper, Leatherface, and Clown can do.
So the video is the first one from the playlist and you call it out for being rank 16, but then you say rank doesn't matter so what was the point of calling that out in the first place? Seems pretty stupid to me.
I've been saying that even before I did this 'challenge'. Freddy has a much easier time with no perks/addons than say leatherface or wraith who have no way of slowing down progression without perks. Freddy isn't a bad killer and I certainly don't think he needs a buff. I had no trouble at all getting him from rank 16 to 1 with no perks or addons.
It would be nice to get the weaker heroes up to par with even more mid tier killers. Freddy is definitely on the lower end (even though I have 4k'd with him in the past).
At rank 16 you play literally against players that just bought the game. You cant even derank to rank 16 with the new system.
But you are probably new to the game, so nvm
I got merciless most of the time till rank1 on freddy and I still say he's weak as #########. He's literally a basekiller that has to wait 7 secs before he can do anything to survivors.
OK, been a Freddy main since he released and I can tell you that he is weak. Just because I can do well with him at rank 1 doesn't mean that he is good. Perkless Freddy suffers at honestly any rank. Your whole match as Freddy depends on the survivors you face. Now I think he should be strong but most of the buff ideas I have for him are more QoL. Such as default transition time 5 seconds, rework some of his addons to make them more useful (Because right now only the block ones are good although I do like pill bottle and class photo). I've been playing Freddy for a year now I think and in all this time I've had my good matches and my bad matches. While he is better than Leatherface (imo) he doesn't have anything to help him in the chase. You know what that's fine, he slows down the game a bit but it should honestly be harder to wake up because right now you can just fail a skill check right in front of his face and make him have to start all over again to gain some distance. Why should a killer be countered by ONE perk that everyone runs. That's bad design. Freddy is a fun killer for me to play and I've learned most of his strategies (Dream transition appearance and disappearance, trying to lower terror radius ect.) But he really needs a few buffs
I have been a Freddy main since he came to the game an i can easily play with or without perks at any rank (i have done this many times from rank 20 to rank 1 with and without perks) against 4 randoms or group of 4 swf an i can guarantee 9 outta 10 times I will get a 4k he don't need buffed. He is quite easy to get used to everyone always complains he is either weakest or just in general a bad killer untillthey lose to him an it's all 'luck' lol
I literally forced him to put me on dream state for like 4 times in a row blowing gens. Try to do that to any other killer even without power. You won't
I don't have Freddy but I face him sometimes and when I hear his lullaby I know its an easy game. Cant stop unhook, can be body blocked hard on hooks when he pick up survivors. The only good thing is that he has base mov speed. Even during chase with self Care I got away from the dream giving me 7s to reach another loop, I'm talking about as survivor prospective that loves horror movies, he's a joke
7/10 troll
gg's
but Freddy still needs a buff
In fact, they should slap some big red squeaky noses and shoes on each of the killers.
/s
New to the game but has all achievements and 3400 hours okay..
I have just some few things to say:
1. You can kill as many as possible, that won't prove anything. Cause you can kill survivor with every killer.
2. People are saying that freddy is the weakest, because he has too many negative parts on his ability, etc. He is overall not good enough compared to other killers. That doesnt mean, that you can't play with him or kill survivors with him.
He's still better than wraith or cannibal with no perks considering freddy slows down the game speed a ######### tonne. Plus you also have reverse deerstalker on freddy which allows you to see survivors anywhere when out of your terror radius. The ONLY, and I repeat, ONLY negative thing about freddy, is that you have to wait after putting someone to sleep. Which isn't even that long. Derp. I'll also say that this whole challenge that I did, was with no perks or addons.
Erm… this is from an event?
Do you notice the magarita gens?
Here a little List:
Advantages (6):
*His ability can slow down the speed of action enormously.
*The ability to see survivors in the dream world can also be very helpful. Deerstalker is no longer necessary. Also, it can be combined great with K.O.
*He is invisible to survivors, which allows him a moment of surprise and possibly a free hit.
*He can not be blocked by survivors when they are not in the dream world.
*It is quite small, which is why survivors like to estimate the distance and thus your strike range.
*Survivors outside the dream world can hardly recognize the position of the nightmare, since the nursery rhyme does not reveal the exact position, as with the Huntress, for example. It only gets louder as Freddy gets closer.
Disadvantages (9):
*To reach its full potential of his ability, he must pull all survivors into the dream world.
*He is, like many other killer, loopable as well.
*His ability can not be combined with every perk.
*It is mainly playable with expensive and strong add-ons, such as paint thinner or "Z" block. If necessary, also with the black box.
*Survivors who are not in the dream world can undo potential hits. ( Not in generell, but it is possible, that the auto aim will trigger and hit the wrong person)
*Survivors have enough time during the dream transition to jump over windows or correct their position.
*His ability was supposed to simplify Map Control for him, but he's too slow to put a lot of pressure on it. In comparison, the nurse or hillbilly are much faster. At the same time they can keep a hunt short, which is not the case with Freddy.
*The current Metaperk strongly speak against him. Self-care quickly counters his ability and Sprint Boost gives enough time for survivors.
*He needs many perks from other killers, as his own perks do not support or even weaken the gameplay. Forget-me-not is the only exception.
Just a quick note: This are points out of my guide which I made at february.
There's a whole playlist if you care to read. And the event has nothing to do with anything.
And I've just proven with my playlist that all those disadvantages are minuscule if you know how to read loops and patrol gens properly. He's not hard at all and doesn't need a buff. Maybe put more hours into him?
I make my 4k and I dont have a problem with him. He is my lovely main. But as I said, just because we both can play with him doesn't mean that he is strong and doesnt need buff. Think about it.
But I am glad that someone knows how to play him.
I think i just got click baited. Not very smart, are you?
He needs a rework to be fun to play and against.
Did you even read the whole post? Probably not. Not very smart are you?
@BeanieEnthusiast whether Freddy needs buffs or not, no one can deny that he is extremely tedious to play as and against. He needs to be changed so players on both sides can enjoy him.
Please name a killer that survivor "enjoy" to play against.
Myers.
I enjoy playing against any killer.
Because he is easy to loop. Easy to deny his power. Hard for him to defend stuff like ruin.
So the answer is what I expected.
Because he encourages breaking LOS and has variety add-ons that was game changing at the time. Both sides praised him when he was released.
Are you seriously arguing against the notion of players enjoying mechanics in the game? ######### lol.