Multiple DC’s in a row

Boy I sure do love queuing 5-10 minutes for a survivor game only for some salty player to DC and ruin the match for everyone else

I wish this was a rare occurrence but survivors DCing is so common it’s practically become a meme at this point

Maybe it’s time to rework the DC penalty because it doesn’t seem like the current system is working, perhaps if there was a harsher punishment/ longer time out then it would act as more of a deterrent

Comments

  • I play a bunch of Nemesis with chase-only perks, and I have yet to have a match in recent history where someone didn't DC. Why do survivors queue up for god knows how long, and then quit the game in less than a minute? I play pretty relaxed with mostly common perks (except for enduring and BBQ) and no add-ons, like what? I would get spanked every single game if some rando wouldn't quit immediately.

  • I hear you, but on the opposite.

    I had 4 killers DC the other night, in a row.

    Like why even que up if you're going to DC the moment the game becomes a challenge?

  • Actually the current DC penalty system is actually working because, when it's off, the DC situation is even worse than it is now.

    Could they make it stricter? Yeah, probably. But the current system does still help.

  • At the end of the day, you can’t force someone to play a video game they don’t want to. 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • I'd rather play a 3v1 than another game with that Dwight that sandbagged my teammate, came to the basement where I was hooked, looted the chest, teabagged me, and left me to die. Didn't even touch a gen after the ordeal, just guided the killer to another teammate.

  • Hey killers dcing makes more sense than survivors as killer queue is typically 10x faster. Most survivors I see dc are ones that got downed first and they are butt hurt somehow. It’s just one of those things you gotta get used too I just wish they’d implement a system that on top of adding to the dc penalty time a system that will start to only group you with other dc players so you can all ruin each other’s games only at least when the entire lobby is dcing you will realize you need to stop and fix your internet so you don’t get matched with all the dcers

  • I love when I want 1 last pip to rank up, just to get several teammates DC in a row of multiple games and depip everytime because of it instead

  • @ObservantOfTime said:

    I play a bunch of Nemesis with chase-only perks, and I have yet to have a match in recent history where someone didn't DC. Why do survivors queue up for god knows how long, and then quit the game in less than a minute? I play pretty relaxed with mostly common perks (except for enduring and BBQ) and no add-ons, like what? I would get spanked every single game if some rando wouldn't quit immediately.

    They want to bully the killer I suppose.

  • @Azshhh said:

    you can make the dc penalty as severe as you want, and I can tell you as someone whose played games where disconnect penalties are 30 minutes to an hour, ppl will do it anyway. If they don't wanna be there, no punishment is gonna deter them from leaving

    But it will keep those feeble minded people longer out of the lobby pool.

  • The reality is you cannot force people to play in matches they don't want to play in. I get it ruins games but the penalty doesn't deter someone who really wants out and I doubt BHVR wants to increase them, as this will just mean less people playing more often. So I am sure it is a fine line for them.

    But if someone wants out and they cant DC, they will just kill themselves on hook anyway

  • @Azshhh said:

    you can make the dc penalty as severe as you want, and I can tell you as someone whose played games where disconnect penalties are 30 minutes to an hour, ppl will do it anyway. If they don't wanna be there, no punishment is gonna deter them from leaving

    This. When I look at the profiles of other Xbox players who DC, they’re already in the YouTube app or playing another game.

    I still feel OP’s pain though. I can’t STAND ragequitters. Selfish #########.

  • In my experience, the survivor DC to killer DC ratio has to be like 100:1. Survs DCing is MUCH more common, and it makes less sense.

    If the timeout isn't a deterrent, make the punishment (beyond a certain point, like the 3rd or 4th DC in a short period) be giving up a percentage of their iri shards or BP, and divide them up among those left in the match.

    I have no interest in hearing "you can't make people play the game"; if you're not willing to play a game through, don't queue up.

    It's too bad you can't differentiate a internet drop vs. a hard DC, or I would love to see the penalties be merciless, like starting at 30 min and quickly escalating to days.

    You can't DC if you're not allowed to play to begin with, and that is a fate I think chronic disconnectors deserve.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    I love when I want 1 last pip to rank up, just to get several teammates DC in a row of multiple games and depip everytime because of it instead

    So weird because rank is really a measurement of time played, so I have no idea how that could happen to you.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2792474#Comment_2792474

    So weird because rank is really a measurement of time played, so I have no idea how that could happen to you.

    Its pretty easy when the game is 3v1 in first minute

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    In my experience, the survivor DC to killer DC ratio has to be like 100:1. Survs DCing is MUCH more common, and it makes less sense.

    If the timeout isn't a deterrent, make the punishment (beyond a certain point, like the 3rd or 4th DC in a short period) be giving up a percentage of their iri shards or BP, and divide them up among those left in the match.

    I have no interest in hearing "you can't make people play the game"; if you're not willing to play a game through, don't queue up.

    It's too bad you can't differentiate a internet drop vs. a hard DC, or I would love to see the penalties be merciless, like starting at 30 min and quickly escalating to days.

    You can't DC if you're not allowed to play to begin with, and that is a fate I think chronic disconnectors deserve.

    I think this is due to players feeling like if they skip town the party can still go on without them.If the killer dcs might as well cancel the party and throw out the cake

  • Funnily enough, I enjoy DBD far more when the DC penalty is off. People will still DC on you no matter what and ruin your fun, but during that time you can just go from game to game until you have an enjoyable match going on that everybody wants to play. DC penalty doesn't stop people from running into the killer and unaliving themselves on hook anyway, it's incredibly stupid to think that you can force people to play a match they don't want to.

  • @Carrow said:

    Funnily enough, I enjoy DBD far more when the DC penalty is off. People will still DC on you no matter what and ruin your fun, but during that time you can just go from game to game until you have an enjoyable match going on that everybody wants to play. DC penalty doesn't stop people from running into the killer and unaliving themselves on hook anyway, it's incredibly stupid to think that you can force people to play a match they don't want to.

    The devs are crystal clear on DbD being not about fun. It's about hockey, it's about sport. Competitive MMR and DC are here for a reason.

  • @ObservantOfTime said:

    I play a bunch of Nemesis with chase-only perks, and I have yet to have a match in recent history where someone didn't DC. Why do survivors queue up for god knows how long, and then quit the game in less than a minute? I play pretty relaxed with mostly common perks (except for enduring and BBQ) and no add-ons, like what? I would get spanked every single game if some rando wouldn't quit immediately.

    Because going against a killer that counters the only fun thing a survivor can do is pretty boring ngl. If they DC just cuz they're bad then yea they're a-holes but I'm not gonna play a match against. A killer who pretty much denies looking

  • I only see survs dc when the Killer camp/tunnel. If I see a killer tunnel or camp at the beginning when he kills the first surv I run to him and point to the hook, and I kill myself. I don’t want to play with this kind of people. If he wants an easy game, I give it to him

  • @Clevite said:

    I hear you, but on the opposite.

    I had 4 killers DC the other night, in a row.

    Like why even que up if you're going to DC the moment the game becomes a challenge?

    Killer can DC they only have 5 second of queue time XD

    Perso i feel like i always have a chance when im survivor but when i play killer a lot of the time depending how the survivor are playing im like well i have no chance i surrender and i DC. If i had a surrender button after 2 minute in a match if i believe im going to lose i would use it 100% of the time. I probably think like that because i play a lot of tcg so i know when im beat and accept it

  • @legrosporc69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2792277#Comment_2792277

    Killer can DC they only have 5 second of queue time XD

    Perso i feel like i always have a chance when im survivor but when i play killer a lot of the time depending how the survivor are playing im like well i have no chance i surrender and i DC. If i had a surrender button after 2 minute in a match if i believe im going to lose i would use it 100% of the time. I probably think like that because i play a lot of tcg so i know when im beat and accept it

    See, I feel the opposite.

    As survivor you pretty much know when a game is a lost cause.

    But as killer, you can snowball at any point in the game. Maybe they finished 3 gens in 1 chase, but a little timely slugging and you end up with a 4k with 2 gens left.

    And there's always the noed come back,

  • I always look at every situation, particularly difficult ones where defeat is almost certain, as an opportunity to get better. If I DC'd whenever if felt like I was going to lose or was getting wrecked, I would never really get better.

    People just have to reconcile with the experience of losing, sometimes badly.

    I mean they don't HAVE to, but bouncing every time you hit adversity is a recipe for being mediocre.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793852#Comment_2793852

    See, I feel the opposite.

    As survivor you pretty much know when a game is a lost cause.

    But as killer, you can snowball at any point in the game. Maybe they finished 3 gens in 1 chase, but a little timely slugging and you end up with a 4k with 2 gens left.

    And there's always the noed come back,

    As a killer i dont use noed often specially with the new dms. Most of the time when i get destroy is because survivor dont loop but the second they see me they start running in a straight line i could be 20 meter away or 10 meter it wont matter. Because i dont play nurse or blight i have no counterplay against that so i just quit and surrender and i say gg in the chat.

    When im survivor and only 2 survivor are left the thing you need to do if you want to win you play sneaky and you dont get chase while reparing gen its going to be a long match but you will win if you dont get spot. Bonus you get a free hatch sometime so you dont even need to do good in that match and the game can reward you anyway.

  • @dictep said:

    I only see survs dc when the Killer camp/tunnel. If I see a killer tunnel or camp at the beginning when he kills the first surv I run to him and point to the hook, and I kill myself. I don’t want to play with this kind of people. If he wants an easy game, I give it to him

    I don't do those things except for when people BM me and people still DC on me all the time. It's really common for the first person to go down quit because they don't like who I'm playing/they're mad about how quickly they went down/they tried to tech me and got clowned/they're running Deliverance and they DC every match they don't get to use it/I don't even know. People also like to quit when they go down on death hook. But first down DCs trump all others, and at that point, you have no idea what the killer will play like.

    Killers DCing is rarer, but usually happens when they're losing badly or my teammates are being aggressive with flashlights and such. Also seen a couple of quits when a hex gets popped early.

    @Thusly_Boned said:

    In my experience, the survivor DC to killer DC ratio has to be like 100:1. Survs DCing is MUCH more common, and it makes less sense.

    If the timeout isn't a deterrent, make the punishment (beyond a certain point, like the 3rd or 4th DC in a short period) be giving up a percentage of their iri shards or BP, and divide them up among those left in the match.

    I have no interest in hearing "you can't make people play the game"; if you're not willing to play a game through, don't queue up.

    It's too bad you can't differentiate a internet drop vs. a hard DC, or I would love to see the penalties be merciless, like starting at 30 min and quickly escalating to days.

    You can't DC if you're not allowed to play to begin with, and that is a fate I think chronic disconnectors deserve.

    They can differentiate between an internet drop and a 'leave match', but the problem is that if you didn't punish the former, or punish the latter more harshly, people would just manually disconnect from the internet whenever they wanted to DC, so this doesn't really work in the long term. People would just learn how to dodge the penalty, same way as hook suicides do.

    The other issue with going hard on 'leave match' is that there are legitimate reasons to DC. The option wouldn't exist if there wasn't. It'd be brutal if you got a 30 minute penalty for bailing on a hacker or a killer trapping you in a corner.

  • @legrosporc69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793871#Comment_2793871

    As a killer i dont use noed often specially with the new dms. Most of the time when i get destroy is because survivor dont loop but the second they see me they start running in a straight line i could be 20 meter away or 10 meter it wont matter. Because i dont play nurse or blight i have no counterplay against that so i just quit and surrender and i say gg in the chat.

    When im survivor and only 2 survivor are left the thing you need to do if you want to win you play sneaky and you dont get chase while reparing gen its going to be a long match but you will win if you dont get spot. Bonus you get a free hatch sometime so you dont even need to do good in that match and the game can reward you anyway.

    I can't help myself. I do gens until killer comes, then do chase as long as I can.

    I can't do sneaky, although I know it would serve me better

  • @dictep said:

    I only see survs dc when the Killer camp/tunnel. If I see a killer tunnel or camp at the beginning when he kills the first surv I run to him and point to the hook, and I kill myself. I don’t want to play with this kind of people. If he wants an easy game, I give it to him

    I wish I lived in your reality. I've lost count the number of times my friend and and I, playing as a 2-person SWF, have watched one (or both) of our random teammates DC because they were found first (and quit before they were even hooked), or because they couldn't pull off their "YouTube montage" Sabo or flashlight play and ended up on the ground next to their partner going up on a hook. Or because it was a [insert random killer here]. While I have seen DC's by fellow survivors on death hook who were legitimately tunneled, the number who've done so for no reason probably equals that number or exceeds it.

    When I play killer, it always seems to be the cocky, flashlight-clicking, teabagger who gets outplayed and downed who rage quits. Or the funny ones that happen when I play Plague and someone immediately rage quits -- and I see in the endgame screen that they were running COH, lol.