Exit gates open - Entity starts to consume the map
Opening the exit gates could become a strategic choice with a risk & reward system.
- When survivors open an exit gate the entity will start to consume the map starting from the gate that was opened.
- The ground around the exit gate will become tainted by the entity.
- Standing in the tainted ground will slowly start to taint survivors.
- After around 30 seconds of standing in tainted ground the survivors are rooted in place.
- Other survivors can try to free rooted survivors but risk to reach a critical level of taint in the process.
This mechanic would remove the safe zone around exit gates.
Survivors are forced to make more choices with consequences:
- Open the exit gate first and then try to safe and escape with a hooked survivor
First rescue the survivor to heal him safely and then escape.
Depending on the distance of the hook it might be possible to run trough tainted ground and still reach the exit gate.
- Alternatively the survivors could try to reach untainted ground around the not yet opened second exit gate.
In any case the intention of this mechanic should be clear:
Once the exit gates are open survivors should try to leave as quickly as possible as long as they still can.
Comments
That's a solid idea and I think it would be fun.
Why does the community have better ideas than most of the mechanics in-game right now. This is a really good idea but how would it affect the killer or is he not affected at all? Solid idea and would definitely prevent the whole waiting at the exit gates thing.
Killer could be given X% to movement and all action speeds for Y amount of time spent in the tainted area, since the purpose is to get Survivors TF out and on to the next match (and since the Entity favors them).
I don't like this. It puts limitations on the number of experiences a player can have by forcing everyone 'to get on with it already'. There are so many games that force this experience on the player... why not just go play fortnite?
I'd rather see mechanics that prevented survivors from escaping and forced them to deal with the killer, rather than encouraging them to gen rush, then bolt out of the trial.
I believe that is the first time that a low-post user with a survivor picture has given a really decent suggestion.
Keep it up
Nice feedback! Sending to the design team
If the Entity eats the map, then what does it taste like?
Treat it like Blood Warden and 99% the Gates.
Terrible idea. It should go from points farthest from the gate, but also affect the killer. Someone is just sour over the gates being powered and people not leaving because they were bad.
Sure as long as the gas also affects the killer. This is just a buff to killers who get mad that they had someone pulled off the hook in end game.
Except this isn't a better idea. This is just an idea that is terrible from sour killers who want to have their kill that they don't deserve. You want the idea to be good? If a hooked survivor is enveloped by the gas, they are unhooked and teleported to the exit gate.
I may ask, how fast would this spread?
Why should it affect the killer and why should it start AWAY from the open gate? The purpose is to tell survivors "You opened the gate? Great, now get out and don't unnecessarily prolong the game. The killer knows he lost, don't waste his time."
Feels like a knockoff on the fortnight mechanic.
The issues with this would be:
1.Small maps like say Haddonfield/Springfield
Both exit gates close together
High mobility killer like say Billy, Nurse , Spirit, Wraith.
How would this affect both sides?
Would this jus funnel survivors who just healed up or did a rescue right to the waiting killer?
I could list other things but you get the point since this isn't PUBG or Fortnite..
Oh what a surprise WHO will be the one that will try to tell this is a bad idea…?
I hope Entity also can eat the hatch. Once reached, its not usable anymore because its got eaten... or something like that.
Oh what a surprise another troll comment from you, it's almost as if you can't stand people discussing the pros and cons of something that you like.
"Slows down burning of the map" addons will finally make sense. Lol.
I like this idea,, windows start to get bamboozled, pallets break, jungle gyms melt, the whole map becomes more hostile.
I'll admit, when I go against a bad killer I stay behind and cleanse totems, and try to get as many blood points as I can, so this would be a great incentive for late game
Back on topic, this would be cool, it correctly punishes survivors who are greedy.
I can't remember you making a point anywhere.
Just repeating some biased memes isn't "making a point" in my book.
salt most likely
I agree with this, survivors would want to escape immediately to save their own ass, the purpose of the exits
Well, it doesn't directly, but gen rushing is an example of how objectives become an efficient routine for success. The OPs idea would simply add another element similar to that, which indirectly places restrictions on how we interact later in the trial - if it all becomes routine like gen rushing has. Gens finished? Open the exit gates. Exit gates open? Leave quick!
It doesn't make sense to me to restrict how or when we interact. I don't think I'm alone here, but, I most look forward to the interactions I have with survs playing as the killer (and vice versa). The objectives are really only there to make these interactions have some purpose.
Some of the best moments happen after the gens are done and exit gates open, when the survs feel a bit safer and they become more brazen. I think that OPs idea would make experiences like that rare.
As a side note, I can see this causing problems for survivors that aren't ready to leave, too. Some players could accidentally, or intentionally, open the exit gates before all survivors are ready, forcing people to exit. If they aren't hooked.
I mean, counting on people to not open the exit gates early is like counting on people to finish the gens before harvesting nectar during the hallowed blight event.
Oh, and holding the trial hostage could be done by hiding before opening the exit gates, too.
While we're add it, can we add in 96 other survivors? Then maybe let them fight them each other? Lets remove the killers to. Oh F*it, lets just go play a battle royal game.
There are better ways to encourage survivors to leave after the exit gates are open. NOED for example is already in the game, and its really the primary intention.
You just start to have survivor life begin to drop and not be healed, putting them into injured and down states as it progresses. This also punishes them for being hit in the first place, and rewards the killer for making contact.
Or have auras of survivors start to be revealed at progressively larger radius.
Or progressively killer more speed to chase.
Or just make the exit gates slowly start to close again, and if they do, anyone left out is automatically considered hooked.
Because you said so? This is a direct attempt to buff killers in a way that isn't needed.
More like this change is "You beat the killer, but they got lucky and got someone with NOED at the end? Tough you can't save them" So no this change is ridiculous and stupid unless it affects everyone and starts AWAY from the gate.
I don't often agree with him, but it is a bad idea. I'm also pretty sure he's a killer main.
That could be interesting